Any statement to the current situation ingame?

CrazyDude90

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Meese:

There are xml edits and mods out there that make the game playable for majority of people (see: windwalk effect removal for BG crashing, animation removal for FPS in raids etc). If NCSoft were to ban everyone using qol xml edits, you'd lose the majority of your playerbase as well as a huge chunk of paying customers. I doubt that'll happen.

Locking the XML and its edits would also cause in losing this "QoL" things. Just saying. Doing nothing would be also fatal!

Imo better life without this QoL XML things (that are really not THAT important) than having people abusing XML edits for advantages in Rankings and other stuff ingame where people get rewarded for DOING SOMETHING.

LOCK IT.. REMOVE IT... but PLS... DO SOMETHING.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Locking the XML and its edits would also cause in losing this "QoL" things. Just saying. Doing nothing would be also fatal!

Imo better life without this QoL XML things (that are really not THAT important) than having people abusing XML edits for advantages in Rankings and other stuff ingame where people get rewarded for DOING SOMETHING.

LOCK IT.. REMOVE IT... but PLS... DO SOMETHING.

But they've shown in the past that they can work around the XML with the GCD edit (just not as many people realized what was going on back then). I do agree that this is a pretty critical situation. They should just incorporate the qol edits into their client. If we're able to do it on our own, then why cant they just take the initiative and adopt it directly for everyone?

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Meese:

But they've shown in the past that they can work around the XML with the GCD edit (just not as many people realized what was going on back then). I do agree that this is a pretty critical situation. They should just incorporate the qol edits into their client. If we're able to do it on our own, then why cant they just take the initiative and adopt it directly for everyone?

But this and other examples (like the actual one) also shows how many things people can do with the XML. I am for locking NOW it because the whole structure of this XML file is so easy to abuse. You can do things that go further than the things you saw in streams/videos etc.

I mean we can also fix every single things over months and years while "players" who abuse it find new things over this time again and again.

Is that what you prefer?^^ I dont think so.

They have to change the whole XML structure and how it works. And thats what you cant do with a simple workaround.

Edited by CrazyDude90

4 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

But this and other examples (like the actual one) also shows how many things people can do with the XML. I am for locking NOW it because the whole structure of this XML file is so easy to abuse. You can do things that go further than the things you saw in streams/videos etc.

I mean we can also fix every single things over months and years while "players" who abuse it by finding new things over this time again and again. Is that what you prefer?^^ I dont think so.

They have to change the whole XML structure and how it works. And thats what you cant do with a simple workaround.

Theyre able to bypass f2 key check (maybe even market). Locking xml would most likely hold them off for a few days until they figure out how to unlock the files. At this point, I assume the only way to fix this situation would be moving everything server side.

And as I said previously, there are edits and mods that make the game playable aka be able to play it. I know people who literally cannot raid due to FPS issues without using animation removals etc. Completely locking people out from these options will also negatively impact the health of the game. 

Edited by Meese
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Meese said:

Theyre able to bypass f2 key check (maybe even market). Locking xml would most likely hold them off for a few days until they figure out how to unlock the files. At this point, I assume the only way to fix this situation would be moving everything server side.

And as I said previously, there are edits and mods that make the game playable aka be able to play it. I know people who literally cannot raid due to FPS issues without using animation removals etc. Completely locking people out from these options will also negatively impact the health of the game. 

Then decide, everyone should xml edit, or no one. If everyone, then i can mod +1000 AP to myself. I am not able to raid with 1500 AP. You should understand, cheating is cheating, even if you use it for gathering flowers.

Edited by KzE

vor 1 Stunde schrieb PhoenixMitra:

We truly understand the frustration this topic causes.

Do you even play the game by yourself? If yes, doesn't it make you angry that Ncsoft doesn't do any ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ against the current/on-going issues? If you (and your colleagues) truly understand our frustration then WHY are you ignoring and deleting topics?

You are just one of the few forum support guys and therefore you can't use your magic to solve the problem, but come on, Ncsoft is getting complaints almost every single day. And I think it will be worse from next week on.

The issue with the game is that NA does not have it's own development team. Any issues or feed back needs to be sent to the Korean devs.

The Korean Devs don't give a flying **you-know-what** about NA. Good luck getting them to do anything for us in a timely manner. Most bugs probably go away on their own before Korea even gets around to taking a look at them, If they ever. The friends list came back a few weeks ago but there were no patch notes about it, indicating it probably was just a happy little accident.

What needs to happen is a renegotiation of the licensing terms of the game, so that NA can have it's own resident dev staff to address bugs, exploits and community feed back.

13 hours ago, Oupy said:

the usual ncwest nothing      just turns a blind eye  like nothing is happening in the arena or 6v6  =))) 

please  sell the right to another publisher ncsoft don't destroy bns  like please.

You’ll have to take that up with the eastern side of the company. Ncwest has no control over how the game is developed or run. They only localize And publish the game for our region. If you want the game to be passed to a different company, try contacting ncsoft kr or cn. That’s why ncwest is unable to fix these modders running armpit with the ‘unintended’ skill use. They can’t fix it, they only publish patches when they get them. And until ncwest receives a patch to apply the temporary fix like cn had, ban hammer is their only option. I feel they should have done it with a physical person and not a bot detection though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

What needs to happen is a renegotiation of the licensing terms of the game, so that NA can have it's own resident dev staff to address bugs, exploits and community feed back.

And this is where the problem is. Koreans and their licensing is... not so great to say the least. To give an example from another game called Elsword. The type of licensing Gameforge has with the Korean devs is that, they buy updates from them to the game. Yes buy them, they don't just get new content. Reason why game in EU is behind others as it becomes cheaper to buy outdated updates later. Similar type of thing could be with BnS too.

19 hours ago, PhoenixMitra said:

We truly understand the frustration this topic causes. While we support the discussion and sharing of feedback on this topic, it clearly has to follow the Code of Conduct for this forum.

It's clear that some sort of "mass-ban" is going on and I just cannot comprehend that you haven't mentioned it at all. You need to inform us of what's happening. China's localization by Tencent Games and even 4Game, the Russian localization, has already informed their playerbase about the ongoing issues stating that they received the news from you.

This is ludicrous. Make a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ post about it. I get that there's probably ongoing discussion about the appropiate course of action, but in the meantime, inform us of what you're doing right now and that more information is on the way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Viblo said:

It's clear that some sort of "mass-ban" is going on and I just cannot comprehend that you haven't mentioned it at all. You need to inform us of what's happening. China's localization by Tencent Games and even 4Game, the Russian localization, has already informed their playerbase about the ongoing issues stating that they received the news from you.

This is ludicrous. Make a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ post about it. I get that there's probably ongoing discussion about the appropiate course of action, but in the meantime, inform us of what you're doing right now and that more information is on the way.

They just went into office, its like 8am morning for them.

2 minutes ago, KzE said:

They just went into office, its like 8am morning for them.

How is that a valid excuse? Check the DevTracker and you'll see there were posts during the weekend by PhoenixMitra, but only telling us to follow the CoC. I'm also guessing it was someone from the community team informing the devs about the ongoing exploits.

Weekend or not, they need to inform us about the situation if they're starting mass-banning their community. You can't do that without putting up a notice.

24 minutes ago, Viblo said:

How is that a valid excuse? Check the DevTracker and you'll see there were posts during the weekend by PhoenixMitra, but only telling us to follow the CoC. I'm also guessing it was someone from the community team informing the devs about the ongoing exploits.

Weekend or not, they need to inform us about the situation if they're starting mass-banning their community. You can't do that without putting up a notice.

Its not an excuse, its a fact. I dont even need to make excuses at all, i am not the publisher. PhoenixMitra is a moderator, i dont think his job is to decide, what will be happen. He said its forwarded.

And is still better to make a meeting and discuss this happening, then using again a band aid. It was already one used (bans). We had alot of bandaids in this game already and almost all of them backfired. So its time to discuss it properly. I think we will get a statement today.

39 minutes ago, KzE said:

Its not an excuse, its a fact. I dont even need to make excuses at all, i am not the publisher. PhoenixMitra is a moderator, i dont think his job is to decide, what will be happen. He said its forwarded.

And is still better to make a meeting and discuss this happening, then using again a band aid. It was already one used (bans). We had alot of bandaids in this game already and almost all of them backfired. So its time to discuss it properly. I think we will get a statement today.

Are you drunk? They HAVE already decided. That's the thing. They made the decision to start suspending people's accounts through a filter and a community moderator who I hope to god has knowledge of the game was most likely informed. The only part missing in all this is the fundamental part of making sure we, as in the playerbase, gets to know what's going on.

What I'm asking for is nothing more than acknowledgement. Like Russia's team, state what the ongoing issues is for those who are uninformed and mention what they've already began doing: suspending accounts, but that more information will come later. Once their full team is back in their office and can properly discuss the issue can they update us on the full details.

All they would have to do is acknowledge an issue which the community managed to figure out on our own, like most things when it comes to the transparency of NCWEST. You cannot in any way, shape or form defend them for failing in keeping their community in the loop when seemingly half the community suddenly can't log in to the game.

HaHa!! it’s so demn funny, i was play this game when it just came out like the other player did. And i so love this game and saving money to pay for most event they have, and pay for premium member, the situation here is my computer was slow and i think few people have the same issue like me, we has to use another system to make game go a little smoother for us. And the game also have too many bug and that is from your fault, and we just help and send the bug or error for you guys. But yesterday, just because some one idiot from EU player and another idiot copy cat from Na by watching stream do the same thing and you banned all of half people in here. Just don’t understand why you guys can do this to us, and you guys didn’t reply anything after we send emails for you guys. So that is how you guys call that for support player?? 

I don't understand much of the technical systems behind all of that stuff but if someone got innocently banned from the ip ban then they should contact support to revoke the ban. An official notice about the ban wave has been needed though.

But if someone got banned and you "only" used bnsbuddy or used some qol changes in xml for whatever that's not even affecting fights or making the game run smoother then I, in all honesty, don't feel sorry. Bnsbuddy was tolerated by NCSOFT but it was always against their tos. So whoever used it should have known that NCSOFT had all the rights to not tolerate it anymore and act.

For me it looks like players have, for whatever reason they may have, betrayed the trust that NCSOFT put in the players as a whole using bnsbuddy or harmless xml edits. Now many players have to pay the price.

Just want to clear some misinformation about bns buddy in russia.
Russian never banned bns buddy, as bns buddy never supported russian servers to start with.
They banned xml tampering/editing as a whole. But ofcourse some edits aren't detectable unless they apply proper measures to do so.

• Like 1

This game has such great combat system, amazing dungeons/pve and possible skill based pvp, great story, many things to hoard it just has 1 problem its Publisher doesn't care enough about it and only seems interested in milking us. Like thousands of others I'm not motivated to login anymore, there is no point the game won't change it's repeative milking course. :(