Forums

For WLs to be "decent" in PvP arena, here's what they need.

Narukaba

As you all know, WL is considered low-tier in pvp post-awakening patch. Heck, I reckon it could even be the lowest-tier class for pvp, at least in arena. Therefore, if WLs could get a few tweaks to some of their skills here n there, it could make them more decent.

Since I play Ice WL, most of my suggestions are for Ice WL:

1. A spammable block with a 1 sec cd just like BMs and KFMs.

2. Put perry for all three talent selections (As of currently, only the yellow sanctum talent gives perry for your 1 skill)

3. Give a 0.7 sec i-frame to the "spacial wrap" skill on Ice WL, which is your 1+V skill.

4. Give a 1.5 sec i-frame to E skill when you call back your Thrall, just like on Sum with their cat.

5. Extend the i-frame duration of Q/SS on Ice WL from 0.7 to 1.5 sec.

6. Extend Thrall's summoned duration from 31 sec to 40 sec.

7. For the sanctums, add resist to knockback, grabs, and pulls.

8. Reduce Dragoncall's animation cast time.

9. Increase Thrall's baseline HP and defense.

10. And lastly if it isn't too much to ask... make Time Distortion reset your skills one additional time - from 3 to 4.

Overall, when the aforementioned tweaks are taken altogether, WL could be one hell of a decent class in PvP arena. I know my post would prob never get recognized by the devs in Korea, but hey, at least I tried. xD

Edited by Narukaba

• 1 month later...
Am 17.1.2020 um 20:45 schrieb Narukaba:

Agree. Even the old 1.5sec cd would be ok + parry.

3. Give a 0.7 sec i-frame to the "spacial wrap" skill on Ice WL, which is your 1+V skill.

or just make the animation instant.

4. Give a 1.5 sec i-frame to E skill when you call back your Thrall, just like on Sum with their cat.

0.5sec would be ok because you can do it every 9 sec when thrall is out.

Definitely agree. Its too short atm.

or drastically decrease the spawn cooldown.^^ would be better imo.

Add what you want.. as long as the field dont work correctly and NC$oft dont care about WL bugs (one of them is the sanctum one) it doesn't make a difference.^^

Slightly. the animation is nice but yeah.. still too long.

That and let us protect this guy too. Maybe let the Z/Y shield give the 5 hit resits to our thralls also.

10. And lastly if it isn't too much to ask... make Time Distortion reset your skills one additional time - from 3 to 4.

thats too much. xD

Overall, when the aforementioned tweaks are taken altogether, WL could be one hell of a decent class in PvP arena. I know my post would prob never get recognized by the devs in Korea, but hey, at least I tried. xD

RIGHT. they dont care. I posted all the issues and bugs about the class over years to the support and the forum team and in the forum itself. Nearly every bug/issue still exist. xD

I mean.. they "just" needed 1 year to fix the not shown damage numbers on Dragon Helix in our client.^^ AWESOME! xD

Greetings from a wl player since years now.^^

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In short before i answer anything just give us the old wl it wouldnt even be high tier anymore since its litterly a BM with less resist. Its very hard to balance out the new warlock since i expect it to be able to be stronger than even assasin if buffed wrong. 

Now to your text:

This is needed most stuns a WL gets into his face is aoe anyway.

2. Put perry for all three talent selections (As of currently, only the yellow sanctum talent gives perry for your 1 skill)

No need a player who is not stupid dosent hit into it anyway. But since it wouldnt matter why not.

Even the whole animation should have iframe cause its super long anyway and if ur enemy cant evade this he or she has to be in silver.

0.5 rather but here i disagree again warlocks survivability is not the weak side of this class it dosent need iframe on E.

Like i said survivablity is no issue on warlock its the dmg output against block classes.

Just decrease respawn time instead so its up 24/7.

This would make WL invincible. This is one of the things i have in mind if i say warlock has the potential to be strongest class but its not. If you are in ur sanctum most classes can do is run and guess what wl has up again if you can finally attack wl again ? yes sanctum.

Sorry the dmg would increase to much. If we do this but with a lowered dmg output per dragoncall i am on your side.

It dosent die anyway expect for BM you can outplay them so they dont kill thrall, Also thrall is more a disadvantage since most classes can play around it to get better protection from you.

I dont see an issue here either. Would be cool if you dont have to stay in the field thou.