Another whale exclusive event only

Hawku

Do you guys remember the Basin event on the first year of this game? remember how you could just stay all day doing it, even if you needed to hit 10% dmg to get the good box instead of the regular one or hit the final blow on the boss? well, this event is the same, except you can do it for 2 hours only, you have to worry about dealing enough dps to the boss without being killed by others and with low % of getting what you want from the box and being lucky enough to actually be one of the 300 players that can be doing it at the time it opens. On top of that, you'll be spending more gold than what you can earn from it, so it's another one of those events that are already dead before it even starts. 

- 300 players limit for what reason? if you can't handle an open map event with the whole server doing it, then why do it in the first place?.

- 2 hours only? simply why is this restriction being applied when on poharan event you could just do it the whole day if you wanted to.

- 10 gold to enter and re-enter if killed? this is what killed this event the most. No regular player or casual will do that, 10 gold to die in 2 or 3 mins if a whale sees you? simply idiotic from ncsoft.

At this point it's stupid to even create this post to complain about ncsoft's lack of care for this game and yet, i feel like if we don't say something about it, more whale eclusive events will be coming, till the point where playing this just for the fun of it, will be pointless. 

I don't know what you guys think of it.

• Like 6

Honestly am speechless,who comes up with these things srsly? Like for real they learned nothing from epic failure valentine event having ppl murder one another so they put another one just like it.As if we dont have enough 6v6 or should i say 1shoot fiesta bg but *hey* lets put it in *event* too. Great  AWESOME one more event exclusive to *megalodon* whales. Do you honestly think that normal players are gonna be able to farm mobs/boxes/keys for more then 20 sec before some randoms ub3r geared whale passes by and one shoots them? And here is the part where you say *oh but you can party up* hahaha kewl joke as if thats gonna make any difference, your entire party will be butchered/killed. Furthermore DONT FORGET each time you die you have to pay 10g to reenter soo YAAAY happy hapy spending xD. My point is they are FORCING  you to pvp in a  EVENT dungeon. And lastly what is the point of toggling of pvp IF YOU STILL CAN BE KILLED BY OTHERS? lmfao.

Edited by Puril
  • Like 2

6v6 has a damage reduction buff, and in best case, both sides are wearing PVP gears with some damage reduction critdef etc.

I enjoy PVP, but goal focused PVP that is constructive.  The Hunters refuge PVP as described so far sounds like a golden ticket to grief other players.  Prime time only event window, 300 player limit, and participation based  boss (10% goal participation is 10 people getting the best box at best, or more likely 0 hitting that target with 300 people gunning for 1 murkdrake).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

6v6 has a damage reduction buff, and in best case, both sides are wearing PVP gears with some damage reduction critdef etc.

I enjoy PVP, but goal focused PVP that is constructive.  The Hunters refuge PVP as described so far sounds like a golden ticket to grief other players.  Prime time only event window, 300 player limit, and participation based  boss (10% goal participation is 10 people getting the best box at best, or more likely 0 hitting that target with 300 people gunning for 1 murkdrake).

i mean...its not going to be any different than what blackwyrm was in the day and terrors. You could also get killed by others. the only difference is the 10g entry.

This is an event for the top 1% of the players, any lower or medium geared people have absolutely no chance in participating, as they will constantly be one shot by the whales.

After nerfing the gold gains hard, you make a way for players to reliably farm without making a billion alts. But you make it only for the strongest of the strong. What's the point? Absolutely disgusting.

Edited by Purie White
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

i mean...its not going to be any different than what blackwyrm was in the day and terrors. You could also get killed by others. the only difference is the 10g entry.

There was a quest to kill other players in misty woods, so you were encouraged to pvp other players in the faction zone, as well as prestige.  There were still plenty of spite griefing interactions with Blackwyrm, like out of uniform summoners cat taunting Blackwyrm.

Hunters Toggle has no motivation but to be spiteful to other players?

Edited by ElectricPotato
  • Like 1

i am so glad i left this game for this reason's why the F do u need to pay 10 g for pvp zone and re pay 10 g if u die  and tbh u will die a lot in this trash event but anyway this is my point of view as a pleyer who left 2 months ago or maybe more dont remeber but i like to see the bullS*** of ncwest post here with the 4th year on west.

in my opinion the event should be pure pve we already have whaleground in 6v6 why would we need another 1 as a event!!! 

with this event il skip again another 2-3 month's of bns hope is forever with this kind of event's

Cius!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

There was a quest to kill other players in misty woods, so you were encouraged to pvp other players in the faction zone, as well as prestige.  There were still plenty of spite griefing interactions with Blackwyrm, like out of uniform summoners cat taunting Blackwyrm.

Yup, but still anyone could just switch outfit and kill you from the opposing faction, and the map was also limited by channel limits. Also i dont know if we know how much HP the boss will have? thats also gonna depend on killing speed. If the HP will be insane high, if people kill others they basically screw themselves over with a fast enough kill.

Also to add: i think most people are just being overly dramatic for no reason, its pretty obvious they had to make some event for the geared players so they too can have some fun, its not all about newbies and the lesser geared ones who have other less requiring events.

Edited by Grimoir

3 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

Misty woods had alot of channels, so you was able to dodge others. And there were no big gear differences, it was almost zero.

Edited by KzE
  • Like 2

Ultimately it rests on the community.  The pvp toggle may or may not be an appropriate feature for this venue, but if no one turns it on at all, its like it doesn't exist.  It could work out like SSP where pvp is largely ignored for better efficiency.  Its most likely too late for the feature to be adjusted/removed before the  patch hits.

Or it could end up with people toggled camping the zone in, following other players until their zone in immunity ends and attacking them for pleasure.  If you are looking for PVP only, hunters refuge is only open during prime time for 6's.

Lets try to be respectful of other players. If you see someone being attacked, don't feel bad about piling on the toggled guy.  If they were serious about PVP, they'd probably be in 6's.

Worse event since the valentine one where after all the hard work (took me fking ages) the heart was just a waste of time and prolly just sits in people's inventories doing nothing.

Do NCS not even realize how unbalanced and outnumbered the two factions are?   Don't they ask themselves why only one faction participates in the world PVP area's.

I honestly don't know why I still play this game, its not fun, I even find myself fighting to stay awake sometimes, the end is neigh.

Edited by itsthem
  • Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

its not going to be any different than what blackwyrm was in the day and terrors. You could also get killed by others. the only difference is the 10g entry.

The difference is the GEAR not only the 10g.... And the difference is MASSIVE. On lvl 45 nearly every player had the same gear without any pay advantage. now its totally different.

i think most people are just being overly dramatic for no reason,

Gb8ACZC.jpg

y6hkSNf.jpg

And this is WITH DMG REDUCTION in battlegrounds while having this kind of gear -> 600k HP / 7k+ critdefense / 13k+ defense !!!!   "BEING DRAMATIC"... good joke.

See you there. There is no fun to fight this whales in this unbalanced $$$ game.

its pretty obvious they had to make some event for the geared players so they too can have some fun,

"have fun?"... isn't it their OWN fault that they dont have somthing to do in this game because they PAID for everything? Wasn't it their OWN decision?
What about the FUN for the majority of players? They dont deserve FUN? wow.. what a great attitude you have... (beware ironic!).

its not all about newbies and the lesser geared ones who have other less requiring events.

wrote like a REAL NCWe$t/NC$oft defender. xD nearly every time against the community opinion. GG.

Do you work for them? (rhetorical question) Wouldn't suprise me tbh.

Placing the good stuff in RNG boxes for $$$ + making PVP event for whales where THEY have the advantages = ideal update for everyone who enjoy "supporting" himself and the game. ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Also to add: i think most people are just being overly dramatic for no reason, its pretty obvious they had to make some event for the geared players so they too can have some fun, its not all about newbies and the lesser geared ones who have other less requiring events.

Ins't BGs good enough? make a specify event of pvp...

The worst thing is: there is a toggle icon for enable;disable to prevent u from attacking others, but can't prevent others from attack u... whats the point?

• Like 3

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ElectricPotato:

Ultimately it rests on the community.  The pvp toggle may or may not be an appropriate feature for this venue, but if no one turns it on at all, its like it doesn't exist.  It could work out like SSP where pvp is largely ignored for better efficiency.  Its most likely too late for the feature to be adjusted/removed before the  patch hits.

Or it could end up with people toggled camping the zone in, following other players until their zone in immunity ends and attacking them for pleasure.  If you are looking for PVP only, hunters refuge is only open during prime time for 6's.

Lets try to be respectful of other players. If you see someone being attacked, don't feel bad about piling on the toggled guy.  If they were serious about PVP, they'd probably be in 6's.

gFfEzdi.png

CMIIW,

if I dont turn on the PvP toggle.

Other people who turn on theirs could still kill me?

I thought they could only hit those with PvP on. (even though the streamer did say something like 'you could still be killed' -> which I thought he made mistake?)

We saw him opening 10 boxes in the stream, and the % of getting gold IS SO HIGH, 4/11.

That means it is SO EASY to farm gold from this place for WHALES.

And also, that 2hours opening is a total mistake.

Like seriously? If you are worried that people farm too much from this, why don't you like limit the time even shorter (+ 1x entry daily limit) BUT provide more timing slots so that NOT only 300 people can do it in a day?

The timing is totally non-sense for European/Asian players WHO HAVE LIFE / JOB.

Edited by prietess

Ah yes, here we go, PvE carebears crying already.

We get 12+ boring, pure cancer PvE events a year, this could be a nice change of pace.

I don't think this particular event will be any good, much like the awful battle royale flop, but I definitely think we should get more PvP focused events.

1 hour ago, Ozonek said:

We get 12+ boring, pure cancer PvE events a year, this could be a nice change of pace.

The Problem is not the event itself but these factors:

-entry fee

-limited amount of players

-rewards will only go to high geared players

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hawku said:

- 300 players limit for what reason? if you can't handle an open map event with the whole server doing it, then why do it in the first place?.

lol, the game can't handle 30 people without performance going to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ how is 300 even going to work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cor said:

lol, the game can't handle 30 people without performance going to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ how is 300 even going to work.

30? You need to turn off characters even in 12 man raid. Its a next level of pvp, when you turn off your opponents on the screen before you fight them :D

8 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

wrote like a REAL NCWe$t/NC$oft defender. xD nearly every time against the community opinion. GG.

Do you work for them? (rhetorical question) Wouldn't suprise me tbh.

Has completely nothing to do with defending. Everyone keeps crying about new players and low geared ones, but guess what the whales and the geared players also play the game and they also deserve an events thats on par with their progress.  If people wouldnt be waiting for reductions to progress they could have easily geared up decently enough to take part in this.

8 hours ago, EasleyRR said:

Ins't BGs good enough? make a specify event of pvp...

The worst thing is: there is a toggle icon for enable;disable to prevent u from attacking others, but can't prevent others from attack u... whats the point?

Bg is not an event. Also that is how flag-up PVP works in every game. If you want to kill others you flag up and do so.

Bottom line is, as much as the lower geared players deserve an event for their gear range, so do the end game players.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Arohk:

The Problem is not the event itself but these factors:

-entry fee

I agree. Since they want 300 people to join (which i doubt will happen after day 1 cause thats more than 10% of the whole playerbase) they shouldnt create anything which could prevent players from joining.

Zitat

-limited amount of players

I adressed that above. We currently have around 3000 - 5000 Players i believe and this is NA + EU so per server maybe 2000 - 3000 Players.

Zitat

-rewards will only go to high geared players

One thing i have to agree with Grimoir its really not a huge problem getting Decent PVP Gear. Sure you will still have a very hard time against max gear but ive never seen attacks which one shot me since ive got gear.

My gear is current PVP SS 5 Parts and 3 Parts Avenging, 4 PVP Accesories of current gen, 1 Glove last gen, Dragonfang 3 my HP is around 500K. You litterly spend like 30K Gold once and you are good to go for quite some time and my class dosent have skills which increase defense alot like Destroyer or BD.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

19 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

If people wouldnt be waiting for reductions to progress they could have easily geared up decently enough to take part in this.

Best line ever ????

Explain me mr. NC$oft defender , i have only 2 character main+alt( no joking ) , how I'm able to upgrade soul,talisman,heart,pet, ( accs lets say are easy ) ,put psyches on them. The main cost is for the for items above. Every new tier they add  cost 60k+gold ,didn't really check in game ,probably is more. If would be only 1 or max 2 items probably you can do it in time they add new tier but being 4 items ,good luck with that . Unless you have 12 characters and play 6-8h per day Bns. So hmmm 2 jobs in life ^^ . The game is boring doing same routine every single day,  purple train( probably solo since we can do it ) and this on 1 char,imagine doing same boring purple train on 12 chars . This game ain't rewarding my friend,accept that ,don't come with bullshit, this game became disgusting  simple,boring,cow to get milked as much as possible. I see everyday people quiting left and right and all sre good geared players,raids main players,soon will be only you and Justin aransu 6 and the other guy playijng FM using "best rotation ever " meteor, ice ring,fier earring accs???

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Zuzuzuzuzu:

Best line ever ????

Explain me mr. NC$oft defender , i have only 2 character main+alt( no joking ) , how I'm able to upgrade soul,talisman,heart,pet, ( accs lets say are easy ) ,put psyches on them. The main cost is for the for items above. Every new tier they add  cost 60k+gold ,didn't really check in game ,probably is more. If would be only 1 or max 2 items probably you can do it in time they add new tier but being 4 items ,good luck with that . Unless you have 12 characters and play 6-8h per day Bns. So hmmm 2 jobs in life ^^ . The game is boring doing same routine every single day,  purple train( probably solo since we can do it ) and this on 1 char,imagine doing same boring purple train on 12 chars . This game ain't rewarding my friend,accept that ,don't come with bullshit, this game became disgusting  simple,boring,cow to get milked as much as possible. I see everyday people quiting left and right and all sre good geared players,raids main players,soon will be only you and Justin aransu 6 and the other guy playijng FM using "best rotation ever " meteor, ice ring,fier earring accs???

To take part in gear Based PVP you dont need max soul, pet etc. aslong as you got your accesories, weapon, soul shield you are fine all you need is skill now. Sure you will do way less dmg than max gear but you can fight them.

I am far from max gear but even with my gear ive not seen a single player who could survive one aerial of mine expect for one Warden but thoose are special anyway.

The cost to have a chance is like 30K probably and this is very cheap. I mean you can earn this in like 10 Weeks if you only count CBG if you do PVE aswell its probably like 1 Month.

Edited by ImoutoMaster