Please tell the truth to new players this game is p2w

Fridzmaster

2 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

Here's the issue with gearing up to max gear too quickly.

Lets reverse this.

Now with the gearing too slow, what do you think, whats the new player retention? You see new players everywhere? Because i see only naked alts in LFP crying for carry.

• Like 3

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Nagisa Yuki:

what stops u from gathering a couple friends and spam faction chat with WTS runs?

That's why competition exists. and again being top 15 or top 30 will still get u like 3k hmcoin which are enough to buy those "whale" unity boxes or whatever. U can even buy trove keys. if everyone actually puts effort in learning arena then everyone will be top ranked some higher than others, but everyone will deserve what they've worked and practiced for.

ok i have to explain it more slowly: 

imagine every single player is able to run everything and still has some open spots in the team. 

guess what? there is no single player left who is buying any raid, because they can run it easily themselves! 

imagine every single player is able to win arena. 

guess what? the winrate is 50% for everyone! only luck decides their ranking and hm coins are fairly distributed. 

you can only be at the top when there are many others that arent. 

and it is easy to stay at the top when it is hard to reach the top. 

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Nagisa Yuki:

if u're not gonna put effort in it don't play.

...or just put money in it...

• Like 3

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Nagisa Yuki:

i'm sorry but then don't play an MMO in all honesty.

Thats my first MMO in 10 years of playing MMORPG's where i need to have this "10 characters" to get enough stuff to stay" competitive" in the "near max gear" region.

So... NO...the "10 character" thing is a problem in B&S not in all MMO's.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Nagisa Yuki:

again it's an mmo it's basicly a 2nd work/life, if u dont, either stay at semi max gear or just dont play :/

It doesn't have to be but NCWe$t/NC$oft decided to make it that hard to only people with money have the "enjoyment" to have max gear. Thats a problem no "feature".

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Amarathiel:

You would have fun with the max gear for couple of weeks or so and then quit the game. Developers don't want that.

Good that gamers in the end decide how they want to enjoy a game or not.^^ The majority decided that this kind of gameplay is definitely not ok. And the "developers dont want that" is ONE of the BIGGEST reasons why the game is empty now in the west. Its their fault because they dont want to hear what the COM say.

Max gear is meant for those who have lots of time or the money to get it(Meaning if you want max gear in a short period of time).

the interesting part here: You cant get max gear without paying in B&S because no one would have the time to farm it... so its a paid feature to get & stay always on max gear while other players always trying to get it.^^

Everyone wants the max gear obviously,

Right and that shouldn't be a problem without money....but it is. You cant get it. :)

The option to get the gear with money is obviously meant for people who work say 10 hours a day and don't have time to play much. Or for those who just don't want to actually play the game and skip farming :P. That is why this "p2w" thing exists.

Your examples wouldn't be a problem if they would be just "catch ups" things or so.... the problem is that you can max gear that others are never be able to reach without paying.

You are always behind that kind of people (with your gear) because money gives them the advantage to stay way ahead to you. THAT is the problem with B&S P2W for me. :)

definitely isn't p2w. you only have to pay to keep up if you only login like 30 minutes per week to play.

can farm or pay.

The biggest issue is the top 5 with godping all have around 20 smurfs each. Also the scripts ppl run are pretty insane(record anytime you go arena because when you report they will ask for vid).

10 hours ago, xtclikeafox said:

definitely isn't p2w. you only have to pay to keep up if you only login like 30 minutes per week to play.

can farm or pay.

The biggest issue is the top 5 with godping all have around 20 smurfs each. Also the scripts ppl run are pretty insane(record anytime you go arena because when you report they will ask for vid).

Yesterday i got my first Yellow Unity Stone(not orange!) , now it will only take 5 or 10 more years of farming every day to get them all legendary, like that guy who already bought them all.

• Like 2

vor 10 Stunden schrieb xtclikeafox:

you only have to pay to keep up if you only login like 30 minutes per week to play.

So you have max gear already? Or do you see the possibility to have everything max before new items arrive in the game? (Unitystones/HMlevel/Gems/... and so on. because new item are "around the corner".)

Then please tell me how you did that because i cant image how this should be possible. Correct me if i am wrong. :)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb xtclikeafox:

can farm or pay.

Its not that easy.

If it would be like how you said.. people with money could only CATCH UP to others. But the reality is that people who spend money in the game (no i dont mean premium or costumes!!! I mean trove and so on) are THAT far ahead you won't be able to reach the same "progress" in a reasonable time (without paying!) BEFORE new items arrive while this "players" already have better chances in rankings, etc.

If someone play AND pay... isn't the "pay factor" then an big advantage over the player who "only" play? Imagine both players play the same amount of time. (Lets say 4--5 hours a day)

Short: it is. Because its simply a PAID advantage.

49 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

The moment you reach this WITHOUT PAYING is the moment the system is already "years old". Thats one reason why its a paid advantage aka P2W.

You can be assured they will extend the system by another 50 or 100 levels and more stone slots, and another tier of stones to keep them paying..., sorry i mean farming.

• Like 4

This game was good in the release days, you could use green weapons to upgrade your weapon.. and green and blue jewels to upgrade accesories... 24 man raids where you could do whatever boss you want whenever you want... world pvp with 2 factions... world boss with black wrymm aka crash as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ war lol... Was funny..

Now is, purple train afk farm rmb.

• Like 2

Why do people say the game isn't p2w but just pay to progress? 

When you can pay to skip months or years of farming, that's p2w. 

The point of a mmo is to gear up and carry on in a constant gear treadmill, when the difference between "semi max gear"  and completely maxed gear is like 2x the dps that's ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. 

• Like 1

Honestly after watching very dedicated players on YouTube/Twitch I have to agree with the complaints here. The farming and grind is INSANE for such little content. 

No wonder why new players are immediately discouraged to play and veterans are moving on fast.  

I used to think gearing was cancerous in 2014 & while I was playing on the chinese server but boy oh boy was I SO WRONG. Now it's beyond unfair.

It's such a shame because  the combat is so unique and fun & it has a distinct style. It's real disappointing how the devs approached endgame, if you can't see that as a player I'm speechless...

If they just copied games like ESO and FF14 or even Guild Wars 2 which is published BY THEM ! in terms of endgame content, THIS GAME WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.

I'm just so frustrated to see this game die when it's my absolute favourite in terms of style, costumes, classes, combat. 

Edited by ConstanzaX
  • Like 2

Devs dont really need to copy other games, just need to do some adjustments.

This game is now a 3 part jurney ... (grindfest).

1st part

Leveling up and getting the starter gear. This is now like a 60 hour run. Yes, you only run, because no side stories and everything is like a single hit. More far you get in story, its more worse and worse.  After the end, there are some unlocks and a little grind in MR to get a starter gear. Or in the dungeons, that starter stuff actually have a decent drop rate. If the player survive this part, here come the next one...

2nd part

The year long grind (its actually not even an interesting grind, but running after geared players in dungeons for dailies and AFK fishing) to reach anything currently relevant content. If someone didnt quit at part 1, it will most likely quit there because of boredom. And this is the part, where they need to do some adjustements. Either they merge this part into the 1st or they speed up this one.

3rd part

This is the current content, what will be outdated, when someone reach it with the current gearing rate.

Edited by KzE

34 minutes ago, KzE said:

2nd part

The year long grind (its actually not even an interesting grind, but running after geared players in dungeons for dailies and AFK fishing) to reach anything currently relevant content. If someone didnt quit at part 1, it will most likely quit there because of boredom. And this is the part, where they need to do some adjustements. Either they merge this part into the 1st or they speed up this one.

In that regard, FF14 is pretty genius , when ever you do lower dungeons your character gets scaled down to keep the experience fresh, better gear does make some difference but only to a certain point, so you can run a lvl 20 dungeon on max lvl and have the same experience as a new player when it comes to enemy strength, ofc you have more experience and therefore its easier because you know the mechanics.

It took me a little bit to get warm with that system but it has more upsides than downsides, you also have to do all the dungeons at least once to progress with the story, this can cause some waiting times(depending on what class you play) but higher players will always be available for daily quests.

My only beef with FF14 is how slow it feels in combat compared to BnS.

• Like 2

Just trying to be funny (sarcasm) new event after 22 January,  the event currency you get more IF YOU HAVE PREMIUM  which shouldn't be ever possible this ,since events should be equal to everyone.  But hey they add new items in shop for everyone + same item for premium only . Now we have events for premium, what is next ? Gear items/ stats items for only premium ^^ . Guess the reason for this is because many many players cancel/stop their subscription premium . ( including me ,3months +without , had over 3 years premium,not anymore ) 

bye bye going to fish ,opsie afk fishing ?

Reading this post make me download BnS... Some well argumented people changed my mind about the p2w rumors that revolves when you look up for BnS...

Also, does anyone remmeber the times were MMos were selling rare items(semi custom)  that werent obtainable if you didnt put money to buy it? Who remember that era of gaming, that my friend was PAY 2 WIN. Not buying a stupid x2 exp or 10% drop rates or dungeon tickets or runs. As someone i read in this post said, people want to put no effort and get the big reward. It seems pointless to me for people keep debating this. If you can't buy a weapon that give you stats or a cosmetics that give you stats for dps, defense, evasion, etc then is not pay 2 win at all. Dunno why people discuss that pay2 progress pay 2 what ever. This is the same as paying for a flight, you both payed, but the one who pays the most gets to sit in a better seat and get better food. you both eated, you both flyed, each one of you as long as you wallet reaches, same goes with this game as far as i cna read, The more you play, the more you get(you cna get lucky and get alot in the first month, same as you can get lucky and get the pilot to decide to put you in first class because, why not? ) is a matter of perspective. MMORPG are and will always be, a game for grinders, if you cant grind you ass off, you dont get max gear. Is simple maths. If you have problems with the times it takes and you consider your self a grinder, then this game isn't for you. Not because of it, people start to talk trash.

PS: Dont mind my comment, im new and downloading the game ATM. I'll give it a try.

7 minutes ago, Lolpe said:

Reading this post make me download BnS... Some well argumented people changed my mind about the p2w rumors that revolves when you look up for BnS...

PS: Dont mind my comment, im new and downloading the game ATM. I'll give it a try.

Ohh boy ,i really want an update of you after one week after you finish full story ( yellow,orange,purple quests)

Just an hint: if you don't buy voucher lv 60  aka 50 euro ,creating character from lv 1 it will take you full story yellow 19h( already tested , orange probably 2h or more( im about to do it next week )  .After good luck to do daily with 1200 AP if you don't LFP every dungeon you have really high rate to be kicked even from the lowest dungeon ^^ . Just pls update here ur progress after 1 week of level 60 ^^ . 

Ill keep you up to date! In fact, this will help all newcomers. I have something many people lack off. Patience and a schedule. I know the struggles of grinding. im from BDO, so... not concerned about LFP or stuff, im very sociable lmao

3 hours ago, Lolpe said:

Also, does anyone remmeber the times were MMos were selling rare items(semi custom)  that werent obtainable if you didnt put money to buy it? Who remember that era of gaming, that my friend was PAY 2 WIN.

Yes, i remember. I never had those items. Now is like grind 5000 hours for it. I will never have it either. Its possible to get it for free? Yes. Like winning the lottery. Thats possible too, but will not likely to happen.

• Like 1