Broken classs, How long we must tolerate this?

HippieSinOsde

When people complain about OP classes, I wonder if they even look at the rankings?  So in defense of ice FM, lets look at the amount of FMs in the current top 50:

Arena: 1 FM

WWV: 4 FMs

Beluga: 3 FMs

Nova: 4 FMs

TOI: ZERO FMs

If this class were as broken as people seem to complain about, then why does it fare so poorly in the rankings?  Frost tornado is literally the only thing that keeps this class relevant, and even that isn't doing a very good  job.  If wall banging was so effective, why is there only one FM in the top 50 for arena???

• Like 2

Exactly, people who complain about FM in battelground, are at a gear level far below the FMs they're complaining about.  Frost tornado has a 30% PvP nerf as it is.  It's easy to see, just look at the skill.  PvE 1, PvP .7.  Before anyone complains about battleground inequity, they should be looking at the gear of the players class they are complaining about.  Does this OP player have equal gear?  If the answer is yes, then there is at least room for an intelligent discussion.  Otherwise, it's silly to complain to begin with.

• Like 1

Right^  What I suspect is happening is that well geared FMs can't rise the ranks compared to warden, archer, gunner and bd (worst offender imo!) and thus hover in the mid range, where of course they blow up low and mid geared people with ease.

At the peak of current gear, so may other classes dominate FM.  Nerfing tornado was an insult.  I mean have you even seen what end game archer does?  Ice FM can't survive long enough to even get it off most of the time.

Okay, here's my long-form post breaking down why FM isn't broken. First, let's go over healing. Against just about every class, FM loses out against them in healing. Sure, FM is invincible for 10 seconds while they're healing 30% HP every minute. However, some classes heal 15% every 30 seconds and then some on top of that. FM does heal 10% HP over the course of 15 seconds while within Divine Viel, but almost every class will still be able to hurt the FM while it's active, in fact, most classes aren't even deterred by the veil, even the ranged classes. Most of them have abilities that damage and CC FMs while in a veil. On top of all of that, most class healing is in the form of an invincibility bubble, one that allows them to continue fighting, sometimes while even doing extra damage.

Damage output on FM is all located in two skills, Frost Tornado and Duel Dragons. Frost Tornado requires the FM to press two separate buttons to get it off (and even then, sometimes you won't get the instant cast) or you need to wait one second to cast it. This also assumes you don't get CCed while casting it. However, you will always end up being stunned while using it, or you just get one tornado off. Meanwhile, other classes have a single attack that goes off instantly which does about 30% damage. Then we have Duel Dragons which, while it does a lot of damage, is incredibly hard to get in the first place as it requires a critical hit from a fire and ice attack to simply use it. Sure, it's no problem during the wallbang combo, but outside of that, it's borderline impossible.

Now onto defenses. FM has about four defensive abilities, a basic "block", two self freezes, and +15% HP shield. The HP shield lasts for a short duration of time, but enough to matter, but if you do enough damage, you can break through the shield and start damaging the FM while the duration is still active, this will also be the best time for FMs to use the Frost Tornado and it has an obvious effect around the FM (a physical bubble). The self freezes are both good, but not nearly as scary as the bubbles other classes have access to, like Des or BM. Since Frost Armor was already covered in healing, I'm instead moving on to the keystone of FM's defenses: Impact. Impact pushes the FM back when blocking a melee attack, it doesn't prevent damage of any kind but just gives it some breathing space, and it only blocks one melee strike (meaning multi-hit attacks can break through the block). Meanwhile it's proven itself nearly useless against ranged attacks as plenty of them go clean through it, or are AoE and thus cannot be blocked by it to begin with.

Offensively, FM has a few things to use to get past the enemy's defenses. Frost Tornado is a good one, but a BM can just spam block and deflect you regardless, and most other classes can just iframe for a little bit and are perfectly fine. Classes like BD or Des just don't care because they have multiple bubbles or can just spin through it and minimize damage. Frost Burst (the airborne one that constantly freezes) is extremely unreliable given its short-range and making you vulnerable to air combos (which some classes love doing), and dragonwhorl is required for starting the wallbang combo. So it's mostly just Glacial Blast (the stun) and Phantom grip, which is really freaking good even if it's likely to miss half the time.

So overall, the FM is a glass cannon that relies entirely on baiting out its opponents and trying to find an opening using a combo that's complicated and difficult to pull off if you have ping above 100ms (which I assume is most people). Its great at making openings with Phantom Grip, but so many classes have such stubborn and strong defenses, you'll almost never get past them. KFM can just dodge infinitely and gets an iframe every time it counters while putting endless pressure on the FM. BM is straight-up invincible and immune to grip for 75% of the match, Des ignore KB with their new build and can resist status effects for 12 secs while dishing insane damage. Sin is much the same as Des, only not as good. BD has infinite bubbles. SF's hard to hit but not impossible, so FM's got a good time against them, Warden, and WL. GS, not as much. But Archers...Archers will demolish FMs every time, no questions asked. They literally teleport across the arena, ignore FM's defenses, and have solid defense themselves because of their dashes. FM in the context of general arena purposes, is a bad class, the only thing it has going for it is a complex 100-0 combo that requires patience and careful planning from the FM, along with being at just the right distance from the wall to do it.

• 1 month later...
vor 12 Stunden schrieb unoreporter:

broke class fm should nerfed really  bns boosted fm alot cause their devs personally play fm

Just saying but Fire FM gets a dmg buff. They already do 500K in 0.2seconds even in 1v1 where gear dosent matter.

• 4 weeks later...

I look at top 1v1 players and they are mostly destros.
And while FM might be able to 100% you in a wall combo there is no way to get a grab onto a 3rd spec destro if hes playing even half decent.

The fact you got wallbanged this often just proves you have no clue.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:45 PM, Iluvatars said:

I look at top 1v1 playes and they are mostly destros.

Its stupid to look at ladder and say Class X is stongest. For example in high elo we have litterly 2 or 3 destroyer and rank 1 des got atleast 12 Destroyers but i know he is using multiple accounts so he might even have like 30 Destroyers or more. Same with a specific Assasin or a specific BM. Thoose classes are currently the strongest thats true thou but thats not always the case. We had times FM was highest cause he had a specific FM who sold boosting even to rank 1 or 2. 

This is also the reason i want a class ranking instead of a char ranking so you can only have 1 Destroyer for per Account in ladder instead of 12 like this specific Destroyer has.

And while FM might be able to 100% you in a wall combo there is no way to get a grab onto a 3rd spec destro if hes playing even half decent.

But litterly every other class expect for BM can get wallbanged super easy. If FM does it correctly you are not able to evade a wallbang cause everytime he does Grab you are forced to use tab escape and guess which cd is lower grab or tab escape ? FM is definetly not the strongest class but such a mechanic shouldnt be possible cause FM is not weak without its wallbang either. If it where totally trash like warlock without the wallbang i would understand it but thats not the case. 

The fact you got wallbanged this often just proves you have no clue.

Have you seen the vid ? he is not playing Third spec you can wallbang normal spec des without any problems. 

Whole PVP is currently unenjoyable in my oppinion cause if you even reach 1700 (1700 should still be clown fiesta) you will mostly only get third specs and if you have a class without third spec you will not have a nice time there. But NCwest dosent do a thing. To my experience nearly every PVP Player wants third specs to be removed (of course not thoose that only got high rating cause of their third spec) but we are not whales we cant do anything.