Forums

Pet aura bug

2 hours ago, Ereia said:

The pet auras are still bugged and no eta lol. 

Does anyone have any ides of when they might fix it

they said on one of the last streams that its with the devs but they do not have a time when the fix will be ready.

On 22/12/2019 at 3:00 PM, Grimoir said:

they said on one of the last streams that its with the devs but they do not have a time when the fix will be ready.

And nothing since lol. That was a while ago if you hadn't noticed. 

2 hours ago, Ereia said:

And nothing since lol. That was a while ago if you hadn't noticed. 

So ? I mean if the fix was ready i am 100% sure it would have been patched to live already. Very likely its not a game breaking bug so it wont be fixed until some new pet update comes along.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

So ? I mean if the fix was ready i am 100% sure it would have been patched to live already. Very likely its not a game breaking bug so it wont be fixed until some new pet update comes along.

It's still quite a substantial bug. You do see the issue in them neglecting it right? Not like it's anything new hence why bothering is useless, but I wanted an update to what they said previously anyway.

23 minutes ago, Ereia said:

It's still quite a substantial bug. You do see the issue in them neglecting it right? Not like it's anything new hence why bothering is useless, but I wanted an update to what they said previously anyway.

Well i mean, it being a problem is one thing, but its not like NC decides whats more important. Devs decide that and if they dont deem something gamebreaking or high priority it wont get fixed fast. Its a somewhat common practice that lesser bugs get fixed when the mechanic or item related to it get a change or update, that way they just need to tackle that code part just once.

30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Well i mean, it being a problem is one thing, but its not like NC decides whats more important. Devs decide that and if they dont deem something gamebreaking or high priority it wont get fixed fast. Its a somewhat common practice that lesser bugs get fixed when the mechanic or item related to it get a change or update, that way they just need to tackle that code part just once.

My guy why are you defending the length at which this is taking? They fixed the shields issue so why not this? The whole boss ap and mini soul thing was the change anyway and they half assed it just like they did pvp/pve shields when the new set of pvp shields were introduced. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ereia said:

My guy why are you defending the length at which this is taking? They fixed the shields issue so why not this? The whole boss ap and mini soul thing was the change anyway and they half assed it just like they did pvp/pve shields when the new set of pvp shields were introduced. 

Because its not something that is blocking your progress or preventing you from playing the game.

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because its not something that is blocking your progress or preventing you from playing the game.

That's a weak excuse for white knighting. 

It's still a substantial issue with an easy fix. 

Obviously they won't actually fix it though since kr has a rod stuck where the sun don't shine and no one seems to argue back against kr's patches, but does that suddenly mean issues disappear? Are the only issues worth talking about those that are gamebreaking? 

I honestly hope you get paid for all the white knighting at least. 

11 hours ago, Ereia said:

That's a weak excuse for white knighting. 

It's still a substantial issue with an easy fix. 

Obviously they won't actually fix it though since kr has a rod stuck where the sun don't shine and no one seems to argue back against kr's patches, but does that suddenly mean issues disappear? Are the only issues worth talking about those that are gamebreaking? 

I honestly hope you get paid for all the white knighting at least. 

Has nothing to do with whiteknighting. It simply is how it is. Now i am not sure how the contract between NC and the devs is exactly but for example, there are games out there published where the publisher has to pay for patches. So every fix = they have to pay for it if its outside the regular roadmap / release schedule.

Thats also a factor that determines the urgency of a fix.

At least to me from a logical point of view its perfectly reasonable to fix it when the next pet update comes out.

On 29/12/2019 at 1:58 AM, Grimoir said:

Has nothing to do with whiteknighting. It simply is how it is. Now i am not sure how the contract between NC and the devs is exactly but for example, there are games out there published where the publisher has to pay for patches. So every fix = they have to pay for it if its outside the regular roadmap / release schedule.

Thats also a factor that determines the urgency of a fix.

At least to me from a logical point of view its perfectly reasonable to fix it when the next pet update comes out.

They fixed the soulshields last patch what even are you saying anymore? 

How is that bunch of bullshit you've just said, not whiteknighting? 

Like what even makes you think the situation between ncwest and kr is like that? And in what world besides bizarro world is it fine to have this bug persist for so long? 

We both know that it will since the highest level pet is unbugged so who cares right, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

3 hours ago, Ereia said:

They fixed the soulshields last patch what even are you saying anymore? 

How is that bunch of bullshit you've just said, not whiteknighting? 

Like what even makes you think the situation between ncwest and kr is like that? And in what world besides bizarro world is it fine to have this bug persist for so long? 

We both know that it will since the highest level pet is unbugged so who cares right, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Last patch brought a change to soulshields so obv everything soulshield related was tackled along with it.

Just because someone gives you actual arguments and the opinion differs from what you want, doesnt make it white knighting.

I am not saying that is the situation between NC and devs but its more common. Developers have a roadmap, set in stone what they work on and when. Any critical issues are tackled asap, anything else that is just an incoveniance and not game breaking is tackled along the way when the part it relates to or the item gets touched again. that is both efficient and saves time and money.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Last patch brought a change to soulshields so obv everything soulshield related was tackled along with it.

Just because someone gives you actual arguments and the opinion differs from what you want, doesnt make it white knighting.

I am not saying that is the situation between NC and devs but its more common. Developers have a roadmap, set in stone what they work on and when. Any critical issues are tackled asap, anything else that is just an incoveniance and not game breaking is tackled along the way when the part it relates to or the item gets touched again. that is both efficient and saves time and money.

There's reasons why but that doesn't suddenly make it acceptable for how long it takes. 

The soulshields being fixed wasn't evem documented it was just a result of copypasting whatever kr had.  You could even tell they weren't aware of it because of what's stated in the patch notes for assassin's shields. 

Whether your speculation is the reason for the long delay or not, it doesn't excuse the length that's being taken in fixing such an easy issue. 

I doubt the tickets made do anything either :') 

17 hours ago, Ereia said:

Whether your speculation is the reason for the long delay or not, it doesn't excuse the length that's being taken in fixing such an easy issue. 

doubt the tickets made do anything either :') 

True, but they are running a business so for them costs are very important xD

No, i think tickets wont really help here since all they do is pass them to devs, as long as it was reported it should be fine just wil ltake maybe a month or 3 xD

On 01/01/2020 at 11:46 AM, KzE said:

I think they can handle the salary for a minute work of a single dev.

They can, they did just get a big investment from kr actually. But, blindly defending them with far fetched reasons is a thing in this forum apparently. 

44 minutes ago, Ereia said:

They can, they did just get a big investment from kr actually. But, blindly defending them with far fetched reasons is a thing in this forum apparently. 

Yep, west got investment with console focus. I think they will try to release BnS on next gen consoles.