Sign in to follow this  
Dfess

Hi. Old player thinking about returning.

Recommended Posts

Grimoir   
1 hour ago, Dfess said:

Ah. Damn. I'll come back when it's removed completely.

it will never be removed. thats how progression works. Same goes for accessories / soul / heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dfess   
41 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

it will never be removed. thats how progression works. Same goes for accessories / soul / heart.

Well then that just makes it easier for me to decide. I just won't play again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arohk   
19 minutes ago, Dfess said:

Well then that just makes it easier for me to decide. I just won't play again.

dont know what you expect, you get an item and use it forever like in the good old days of world of warcraft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dfess   
3 minutes ago, Arohk said:

dont know what you expect, you get an item and use it forever like in the good old days of world of warcraft?

I didn't play "the good old days of world of warcraft". I played EQ2. I didn't play WoW until end of pandaria/start of draenor. Also, I'm pretty confident in good old days of wow you weren't forced to do pvp to upgrade your weapons or spend hundreds of dollars to catch up to end game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
7 hours ago, Dfess said:

Ah. Damn. I'll come back when it's removed completely.

They will not remove it. Its a gacha game after all. So you spend, or you play it for free like a second job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arohk   
12 hours ago, Dfess said:

I didn't play "the good old days of world of warcraft". I played EQ2. I didn't play WoW until end of pandaria/start of draenor. Also, I'm pretty confident in good old days of wow you weren't forced to do pvp to upgrade your weapons or spend hundreds of dollars to catch up to end game.

You dont need to do any PvP to upgrade your PvE stuff.

And measuring yourself on the super whales is never a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 2:22 AM, Dfess said:

Well then that just makes it easier for me to decide. I just won't play again.

Wait, that's not all. What he meant there was "Same goes for soul, heart, glove, talisman, all the items that have psyche options, unity, etc."

 

In other words, you'll grind two weeks to make a gear upgrade that won't even give you 1% dps increase. So account for this when you decide;

 

@Arohk The thing is these whales shouldn't even exist to begin with. Their existence is so anti gaming, it hurts;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aulann   

Okay, first there's no real whaling outside of Trove which is all RNG and really not needed to progress. I've been playing for about 3-4 months without putting any money besides for premium (which does give you some good benefits but also isn't a must) and I was able to do endgame (which was TT at the time) that might seem like a long time by today's standers of most MMOs which hands you purples and legionaries for free. Which I hate. You should look at your gear and skill and feel like you earned it.

 

Second, they've done a lot of systems changes and reworks to the upgrade and crafting system. I am taking it, you played back in the 45-50 days were the only way to get Soulstones was to PVP, while PVP has the highest output for it you can get it other ways and it isn't needed to upgrade, only craft.

 

Lastly, The upgrade system, while flawed and needing a bit of rework (which they are working on atm) is still pretty great. it makes doing dungeon/raid not feel useless after a while since you have to keep going back in to get the weapon mats needed to upgrade your weapon if you go Raid path which is what everyone besides Earth Summoners do anyway.

 

A bit of advice if you do decide to come back, try to find a clan as soon as you hit 60 who will run with you because trying to play solo is a pain and most people are elitist jerks who rather try to push though mech then actually take the time to learn them and help others.

Edited by Aulann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   

"Get a free carry" is still a bad advice for new and returning players, because the success is in the hands of someone else.

Edited by KzE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aulann   
23 hours ago, KzE said:

"Get a free carry" is still a bad advice for new and returning players, because the success is in the hands of someone else.

I didn't say that. I said find a clan or a group of friends who will run dungeons and raids with you and will help you learn the game. If they happen to be super gear that's isn't a bad thing because that means they know their stuff and can help you get geared so you can do the same someday.

I was a returning player from back when the game first lunch. Had no idea what the heck to do but I find a clan that was willing to teach me and yes they did carry my noob/low gear butt into TT, b4 I was ready, gear wise, but they did so because the leader knew I was a good player and they needed a sheath and even let me do important boss mechs which made me still feel useful even though my DPS was ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. The irony now is that I am one of their top DPS because I worked hard farming and doing dungeons everyday. If it wasn't for them I would have quit this game months ago.

 

MMOs are not about how skilled you are as a player but the community and people you get to play with which BNS still has a pretty good community (numbers wise)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aulann said:

MMOs are not about how skilled you are as a player but the community and people you get to play with which BNS still has a pretty good community (numbers wise)

BnS is exactly about how skilled you are as a player. Don't spread misinformation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aulann   
On 12/18/2019 at 2:37 PM, MassiveEgo said:

BnS is exactly about how skilled you are as a player. Don't spread misinformation.

coming from the person with 'ego' in their name... Doesn't matter how gear or skilled a person is. if they have a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ attitude or isn't fun to play round then it means nothing to the game as a whole. That's why some of the big names in the community aren't always the most geared or high rank of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aulann Let's see - it's an action combat game, where your skills utilize your gear in order to defeat a bunch of monsters. So you're wrong and saying the same thing twice won't make you any less wrong.

 

Also I don't have Ego in my name. What are you even talking about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*proceeds with linking a video where someone uses macro (bannable)* in an easy mode dungeon. Certainly proving points there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyFU   

But even so I gave more evidence that you. that just send a random statement.

Go check the ranking in this game and you can see the skill of this ppl in F2 lol

yea and u give us easy mode? NCS because this game is all about your skil right

Sr this game just 1v1 and 3v3 is about skill and even this one is debatable if it goes against other classes. 

let's be generous and say 5% of the game is about how skilled you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
1 hour ago, LilyFU said:

But even so I gave more evidence that you. that just send a random statement.

Go check the ranking in this game and you can see the skill of this ppl in F2 lol

yea and u give us easy mode? NCS because this game is all about your skil right

Sr this game just 1v1 and 3v3 is about skill and even this one is debatable if it goes against other classes. 

let's be generous and say 5% of the game is about how skilled you are.

Skipping 95% of the game with money doesnt invalidate his statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate that's the whole point of this game, don't know what else you expected.
It's like asking if you should buy a car or not and someone tells you it has moving wheels are you're like NAHHH, I'll come back when it's removed. Like wth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fareia   

Maybe I'm silly, but even if I would have the best gear and I would be the best skilled gamer in the world - without people that I play with, I wouldn't play at all. I am not saying that those specific people I need, but some. I can't imagine playing MMORPG without other people playing with me...

You can always progress with the gear or skill up, but if you play alone - every MMO sucks :D 

That's my humble opinion here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this