Difficulty getting into the game

System Message

"Invalid game client file. Please update the game client or reinstall." (10004)

Keep getting this in a small window when trying to start the game since the latest patch right after logging in. I have reinstalled the game twice. That does not work. I don't really know what I am supposed to do as far as updating the game client. I would have thought that reinstalling the entire thing would have done it. I did Google the phrase "Invalid game client file" and found a very old forum entry from 2016 but it did not help.

Anyone with any ideas? Have not played in over a year and was trying to get back into it. Thank you.

Michelle

Edited by MichelleZhivago

Pssh, my ticket was responded to. Apparently between July and now, my same computer that works FINE, is no longer capable of running Blade & Soul.

At some point the developers, whomever, thought that the solution to a shrinking player population was making it more difficult to even log in and play. The game downloaded fine, which seems odd. Support says I just need to buy a better computer despite it working fine on other games. I'll get right on that. Christmas is all about buying yourself stuff. :D

Oh, well.

What components do you use? 

I've had the same issues since patch. At load-in screen I get 3000,104,10054 errors.

Shouldn't be related to components, if anything my computer is too GOOD to run bns. File repair and spamming login ~5x seems to do the trick. Also ensure you periodically do a dns flush/ip released/ip renew.

Each time i do file repair a 67.69 mb update occurs and then it allows me to proceed past character select. My guess is the recent patch had a file in a misdirected directory. Maybe went to temp folder instead of where it belongs.

After you restart have to repair anytime you play.

Edited by xtclikeafox

On 12/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, MichelleZhivago said:

Pssh, my ticket was responded to. Apparently between July and now, my same computer that works FINE, is no longer capable of running Blade & Soul.

At some point the developers, whomever, thought that the solution to a shrinking player population was making it more difficult to even log in and play. The game downloaded fine, which seems odd. Support says I just need to buy a better computer despite it working fine on other games. I'll get right on that. Christmas is all about buying yourself stuff. :D

Oh, well.

wow... didn't know BNS now support Ray Tracing huh? seem like you need to upgrade to nvidia RTX graphic card to play BNS... LOL  it just WORK!!

• 1 month later...

WHY is this game so G**-D***ed difficult to download? Brand new computer, NC Launcher loaded fine but the main download/update won't. Gets to 10-11% of 28+ Gigs and quits. Over and over again.

Followed by this worthless message alert: "Failed to download the file. Check your network environment (ISP Authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again."

"Failed to download." Super. The worthless download doesn't pause to save progress on the download. No, it just stops and loses everything. 'Sucks to be you. Start over.'

"Check your network environment." O.K. Check for what?! A quick search of the FAQs indicates that FAQs doesn't know what the network environment is either. I don't even care what it is at this point. WHAT do you want me to check? I have checked, I have an ISP, firewall, antivirus as well as other settings. Not too sure about the NAC, I don't think I have any N-Acetyl-L-cysteine. 5 grams for 25 Euros online but is it good s***?

Any legit answers, I am running windows 10, Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

System Model: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cp0xxx.

System Type: x64-based PC.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s). 

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 12.0 GB.

Total Physical Memory: 11.0 GB, Available Physical Memory: 5.56 GB.

Total Virtual Memory: 13.2 GB, Available Virtual Memory: 5.60 GB.

Hi!

If I were you I would check the fire wall to pass through Bns to using it. Because it may not be able to pass all programs.

It maybe like: -control panel

> system and security

> fire wall topic >allowing a program through the firewall

>Have a button -Change Settings

>Bottom of the window -enable/allow another program

>pick NC Launcher 2

This may be different because I used google translator or because our pc is different.

Hope it will help.

Have a good day o/