Tired of toxic people with trash language

WastingTimeOnGames

This is an online game i don't want just to block people and hide the chat i might just go play single player games if i do that, however i don't understand why the community is so toxic in dungeons some of them are completed litteraly in under 2 min and i see some dudes spamming a bunch of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ on chat why didn't u  see skill X why u didn't do and trash talking like mad after a fight of 20 sec or 30 sec literally there are some bosses i don't even have time to hit them they die so fast yet ppl are rushing like mad and fill the chat with bs.

This game community is more toxic then league's and the reasons for toxic behavior on many ppl is weird.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb WastingTimeOnGames:

This game community is more toxic then league's and the reasons for toxic behavior on many ppl is weird.

Well i agree but anyway, its not weird, its the reaction and frustration of players forced to do the same BS over and over [insert as many "and over" as you like] again on a daily base for month / years with no variety and continusly reduced material and gold income.

People are just got sick of the deadly booring daily routine to keep up with their gear so they can join decend raid groups.

Even i dont approve to be toxic, i can understand anyone who just want to fast rush through their dailys and the 4 dungeons barely worth to run for materials.

• Like 2

in addition to what Merlin says is still added:

Why some players react toxic.
Quite simply, AC is hardly ever used. Tank that does not want to tank.

Attacking though the tank is not ready yet.

Attack and kill half of the team because you can not wait.

Attacking though someone said: i open gate

And this all day by day by day

"Sorry for my bad englich"

Edited by Wolfengel
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WastingTimeOnGames said:

This is an online game i don't want just to block people and hide the chat i might just go play single player games if i do that, however i don't understand why the community is so toxic in dungeons some of them are completed litteraly in under 2 min and i see some dudes spamming a bunch of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ on chat why didn't u  see skill X why u didn't do and trash talking like mad after a fight of 20 sec or 30 sec literally there are some bosses i don't even have time to hit them they die so fast yet ppl are rushing like mad and fill the chat with bs.

If you don't want to block people you'll have to suck it up and soldier on;

The community is toxic sometimes because the game has been toxic for a very long time now. It's actually amazing how much resilience players have;

We all estimate toxicity subjectively. What is toxic in your eyes, will not be toxic in someone else's. Afterall every piece of "toxicity" has a reason behind it. Most of the toxicity that you see in dungeon parties is either "disgusting miserable leech" kind, or "you don't play as part of the team, therefore you suck" kind. The second being due to lack of teamwork. Using AC is teamwork. Using HMB is teamwork. Waiting for a tank is teamwork. Stunning when necessary is teamwork. Every time people miss an opportunity to contribute to the team with anything other than their damage, damage being something everybody does, it triggers some form of annoyance. Granted some people will be much harder to annoy than others, but in general most classes suffer when an unique ability is not used in battle. Queue up "toxicity".

As for the leech part, I believe that's self explanatory - people who just enter and get carried are universally acknowledged as woth less than dirt.

• Like 1

Quite frankly, considering the truly disgusting things people "joke" about online (especially in faction chat), I'm pretty surprised that there isn't an option to flag users for it. The level of racist, homophobic, sexist comments is just disturbing... and that's the tip of the ice burg if we're being honest.

And to those who say "just stop using faction chat", it's kind of difficult, since it's a common place to make postings for things like raid or weekly challenge recruitment or buying/selling certain items. As for blocking the users who are doing this, that's difficult as well, since not only do blocks only apply to the one character on your account (instead of allowing your entire account to block the user), but the simple fact is that there's a LOT of people engaging in this despicable behaviour much of the day. Heck, I've seen a few people using faction chat to be vile wastes of account space for over 5 hours!

I get that you can't police everything, but come on... there are things that could be done:

1) More reporting options (or even a better reporting function)!

This one's easy. We only have "Report Bot" and "Report Spammer". Why not improve the report feature to include scamming, GM impersonation, harassment and other frequent problems? Additionally, why not have the report feature simply be "Report", which opens a prompt UI to report the user, choose from an option of violations, leave a comment explaining the report and then give the option to block the user as well. This isn't revolutionary - it's done in other games! Additionally, it would allow moderators to collect the information, log the time of the report and even check chat records at that time (if possible... which I'm certain it is) to confirm if the report is valid.

2) Better blocking options!

Right now, if you want to block a user, you need to block that user's character with your character... but if you don't want to deal with that character's antics at all, you need to go through a roundabout method of searching the player's account name, look for all of their characters' names, open the block list, add each name to the list... then go and repeat the process with every one of your characters... and this does not factor in if you or they make new characters. Why can we not just have the option to block people user-side instead of simply player-side? Have the option when blocking someone to block them entirely... maybe a "blacklist" feature, which allows you to block all the characters from that user from all the characters you own. You can even keep the old block option too... but let's face it... if you're going to block one character someone's using, you're probably going to want to block them all.

3) Better block list management

I think a lot of us agree that the block list is just really limited and could be improved. Maybe a UI in where you can view the list of players you've blocked, a list of blacklisted accounts and even a small optional field next to them you can use to type a message as to why you blocked/blacklisted them to remind you later. Additionally, names could be colour-coded in order to notify things such as if the user/player has logged in within the past few months, has been inactive or even terminated (IE: banned for hacking or bots illicit websites). That way, you can curate your list based on block list activity and so-on.

Honestly, there's a bit of expectation that online communities can be a cesspool of disgusting behaviour due to being able to hide behind the anonymity of a computer screen. But those who don't want to put up with it shouldn't have to, especially when it interferes with their enjoyment of the game. Telling them to "suck it up" is not helping anyone.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:57 AM, SilverFoxR said:

1/Quite frankly, considering the truly disgusting things people "joke" about online (especially in faction chat), I'm pretty surprised that there isn't an option to flag users for it. The level of racist, homophobic, sexist comments is just disturbing... and that's the tip of the ice burg if we're being honest.

2/And to those who say "just stop using faction chat", it's kind of difficult, since it's a common place to make postings for things like raid or weekly challenge recruitment or buying/selling certain items. As for blocking the users who are doing this, that's difficult as well, since not only do blocks only apply to the one character on your account (instead of allowing your entire account to block the user), but the simple fact is that there's a LOT of people engaging in this despicable behaviour much of the day. Heck, I've seen a few people using faction chat to be vile wastes of account space for over 5 hours!

3/I get that you can't police everything, but come on... there are things that could be done:

4/This one's easy. We only have "Report Bot" and "Report Spammer". Why not improve the report feature to include scamming, GM impersonation, harassment and other frequent problems? Additionally, why not have the report feature simply be "Report", which opens a prompt UI to report the user, choose from an option of violations, leave a comment explaining the report and then give the option to block the user as well.

1. Indeed we need to turn the game into an sjw echo chamber. That is necessary for it's success /sarcasm;

2. An acc wide block would be nice indeed;

3. Policing everything is how you get everybody to hate you sincerely. There is nothing more toxic on this planet, than people who demand other people's every aspect of expression being controlled. Not everybody falls in the bracket with the lowest common denominator of tolerance. If anything most people seem to have pretty healthy humour and have no problem joking about pretty much anything. Obviously you're free to be offended by anything. But if you expect people to filter their words just for you, you'll have to provide something in return. Give me an idea of how you'll compensate them for their extra work;

4. Because that would require a dedicated support group and that costs extra cash. And I'm not talking about hiring some rando. We have DE/FR spearking people so you have to account for those as well, which will be pretty expensive. Then there is the issue with information gathering. You'd need to keep a chat log at all times on the server side, which costs resources. It would be a very reasonable request in a p2p game, even a mandatory thing to have, but this is not the case here. Therefore, we have another way of doing this - ticket support. You make a bunch of screenshots of the person whom you subjectively deem toxic, send it to support and hope their toxicity meter aligns with yours.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, Merlin DE said:

Well i agree but anyway, its not weird, its the reaction and frustration of players forced to do the same BS over and over [insert as many "and over" as you like] again on a daily base for month / years with no variety and continusly reduced material and gold income.

People are just got sick of the deadly booring daily routine to keep up with their gear so they can join decend raid groups.

Even i dont approve to be toxic, i can understand anyone who just want to fast rush through their dailys and the 4 dungeons barely worth to run for materials.

Yes that's true. I realize that many players here get easily peeved because the game is actually pretty hard, so mistakes are not easily/readily forgiven. It's actually a breeding ground for toxicity. If you're already innately respectful and nice it won't get to you as much, but, I sometimes don't even blame people that get peeved even at me. I get it... so making the game a bit less stressful would be a good start to help players be kinder with each other. 

And also, a good point is that even if there are new players, getting newer players good help to become stronger isn't so easy unless you really have spare time. Thankfully I take the time to help newbies so that they can learn and get stronger, because the more this game has stronger players who learn the game, the better the game's economy does, and more likely to have more subscribers to the game as well. But, lots of people are so busy stressing about their own grinding to do, they can't take much time out to really invest in helping anyone much. I see so many people who need help but I cannot spread myself out so thin with everyone. and not many others are so willing to take such time...

And when a newbie does show up who really needs help and experience, they get yelled at, so, again, the toxicity isn't good for the economy overall. It's not just enough to censor and ban everyone who's mean, the whole game needs to give some players a load off in some areas so there's more breathing space. 

So I really wish they would make some more changes and give more abundance to the game and make it feel less like grinding to survive in hard times.

Edited by Fortunaea
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fortunaea said:

And when a newbie does show up who really needs help and experience, they get yelled at, so, again, the toxicity isn't good for the economy overall. It's not just enough to censor and ban everyone who's mean, the whole game needs to give some players a load off in some areas so there's more breathing space. 

I think generally the newer players get yelled at is because despite there being hundreds of guides on dungeons etc out there, they do not take the time to watch / read and get a general idea and just expect the players to do it for them.

But it all depends on the point of view.

Generally like in every online mmo, you need to have some thick skin when it comes to other players, too many players are overly sensitive about things and then blow them out of proportion. You should also not take seriously what 99% of players type in a game chat.

• Like 2

If you stopped being toxic yourself, that would stop others from reacting toxicly to your behaviour.

Example of Toxic behaviour.

Using Wrong gear.

Not using buffs (BB, BW, AC) at the correct time.

Having too long loading screens.

Being angry at people if they try to correct your mistakes and help you be better.

If you avoid doing the points above that should decrease the amount of angry people you encounter,

Also please do remember that people do dungeons and dailies on like 5+ characters per day, So they are frustrated and just want it done fast, So any thing that slows their dailies down they will react badly towards, So try to be more considirate yourself.

Edited by Uldrum

1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

@Grimoir Imo they should bring back the green leaf thingie in easy modes. It did help quite a bit with getting people to not go off like a dynamite stick due to rookie mistakes.

Wait, was that removed? I thought it was a permanent thing if you had under 10 runs o.o

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Wait, was that removed? I thought it was a permanent thing if you had under 10 runs o.o

well it is still there, for the dungeons they made it back in time, EC, DT, up to NS I think. So basically it's gone as none runs this dungeons anymore. 

Edited by Belido

24 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

If you stopped being toxic yourself, that would stop others from reacting toxicly to your behaviour.

hellu everyone! ^this is what i think, too. 

i played alot of mmorpg's (i just returned to bns about a month ago) and it's sad to see that the bns comunity became one of the saltiest. but i watched the forum for a little time now and to me people sometimes appear to enjoy complaining about every last little detail and make an unbelievably fuss out of it (like yeh, you need to wait 2 or 3 sec more until this or that door opens - what a drama >.>). of course we need to point out serious problems or what could be better, our feedback is important and necessary. i know some of us are really angry and disappointed about how bns changed. but being toxic and rude doesn't make anything better. i just wanna say, it's about how you say things. ...don't eat me now, nyaah o.o'''

i just had a nice encounter with some randoms in starstone mines last time. this was my very first run. i watched a video before and was really nervous about the mechs and all. i warned them, that this dungeon is new to me and that if i make mistakes they should tell me. but they said it's okay, and explained in friendly way, that it's not necessary to be afraid, there is only one bigger boss but we shouldn't need mechs with our gear score anyway. and now i was calm and happy. so be gentle with noobs (like me \(*ˊᗜˋ*)/), don't shoo them away by yelling at them. new players should definitely read/watch guides but experienced players should also take the time to explain things.

why do i feel like now comes a wall of text proving me the opposite? ...ahahah *hides*

Lots of Love

Niriko

( ●˘ ³˘)❤

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I think generally the newer players get yelled at is because despite there being hundreds of guides on dungeons etc out there, they do not take the time to watch / read and get a general idea and just expect the players to do it for them.

But it all depends on the point of view.

It is not that simple as you think. Even if you watch video it doesn't mean that random player:

1) able to remember it (let's be honest - bosses in this game have abundance of mechs and triggers)

2) able to see trigger and react in time. Human eyes and human reaction differ. Not even talking about being able to actually cast ability (in starstone mines I randomly fail to to cast wing protector on boss's roar due to it's nature of need to press 2 buttons with delay and my ping of 150-200).

High dps breaks bosses patterns, breaks timing, many geared players don't bother to pay attention to mechs (again with SM and it's fire buff) and noob can't get experience to learn them. Videos become useless in many aspects. I am not even talking that most triggers look like:

Boss: How many fingers I show?

Player: ehhh... 14?

Boss: Wrong! It was 17. You forgot to count 3 in my left boot.

Everyone in group: lol, he can't count to seventeen in 0.2 sec. go die, pleb. uninstall game and die.

I think what everyone forgets is that everyone is different. Even before technical issues with lag and fps comes human qualities. Not everyone is young, or has reaction on par with cyber champions, or actually has enough experience with mmo and spends all his attention on rotation. It takes time to understand and remember mechs. Videos won't help much with muscle memory and timings. They can help AFTER player sees boss several times to understand what actually happens there.

Again - it takes time AND wipes, multiple wipes to remember single boss mechs. Honestly it is my first game where pug group enters dungeon and is expected to finish it. Without wipes. In every other game it was normal to wipe, normal to spend time on single boss because tank/healer/dps couldn't do mech in time. People make mistakes.

It is also my first game where no one says 'hello' and 'ty' at start and end of dungeon. I guess farming rush forbids it.

PS: I don't like personal examples but will write it. It took me half a day to train muscle memory for Dochun's buff cast in Cirlcle of Sundering. Not his rotation - just to get timings of his casts with my dps and I still do mistakes. Imagine doing same in random group with random dps.

PPS: Honestly I would like to hear at what point in time watching videos or reading guides prior to ADVENTURE became so obligatory. What happened to 'boldly go where no man has gone before'?

1 hour ago, Crimhare said:

1. I think what everyone forgets is that everyone is different. Even before technical issues with lag and fps comes human qualities. Not everyone is young, or has reaction on par with cyber champions, or actually has enough experience with mmo and spends all his attention on rotation. It takes time to understand and remember mechs. Videos won't help much with muscle memory and timings. They can help AFTER player sees boss several times to understand what actually happens there.

2. Again - it takes time AND wipes, multiple wipes to remember single boss mechs. Honestly it is my first game where pug group enters dungeon and is expected to finish it. Without wipes. In every other game it was normal to wipe, normal to spend time on single boss because tank/healer/dps couldn't do mech in time. People make mistakes.

It is also my first game where no one says 'hello' and 'ty' at start and end of dungeon. I guess farming rush forbids it.

3. PS: I don't like personal examples but will write it. It took me half a day to train muscle memory for Dochun's buff cast in Cirlcle of Sundering. Not his rotation - just to get timings of his casts with my dps and I still do mistakes. Imagine doing same in random group with random dps.

4. PPS: Honestly I would like to hear at what point in time watching videos or reading guides prior to ADVENTURE became so obligatory. What happened to 'boldly go where no man has gone before'?

1. Depends what you're talking about. Easy modes don't require you to succeed. Nowadays you can fail all the mechs (except spider mech in HH and sword mech at b1 in DST) and there will be only slight damage punishment. It's the perfect playground for learning patterns and boss attacks;

2. If you go into hard modes with an f8 party, you clearly have no idea how f8 works. F8 hard modes seek players who already know the mechs. They don't seek to teach people;

Yes, people are fed up with the grind. No time for pleasantries. Besides this isn't a social dungeon crawl, it's an action one. You won't find a tea party happening in a dungeon;

3. That is up to your own mental acuity. This game demands good reaction time, not low or lacking such. If you expect people to just accept your inability to do things, that won't happen here, especially in dungeons where you HAVE to do stuff and your team's lives depend on your success. You won't wiggle your way out of people's displeasement by saying "I'm just not as fast". If you know you're not as fast, you don't belong there. Harsh reality to be sure, but on point;

4. At the point in which this game stopped generating enough "fun per minute". In other words long time ago, when 40 minutes in a dungeon didn't reward you with half a slice of bread and a boot to the back on the way out;

Precisely what I was outlining. The issue is almost always exclusively with the one on the receiving end of the "toxicity". But due to people being mellow little blobs of feelings nowadays, their reaction to bad/angry/toxic criticism is to complain that it shouldn't happen, instead of looking at their own inadequacies and rectifying them. The dungeon won't just shrug and give people a pass simply cause they know they're bad at it. And from the perspective of an experienced team that is there to clear it, someone not living up to the requirements, is basically them wasting time. And time is a very precious resource, as is authority over how to use it. So if someone knows they underperform badly, band up with others who do the same and waste all the time in the world, all is gucci. Ofc that would mean wasting time ultimately, which is worse than just maybe wasting time with a group that might be able to carry.

13 hours ago, Crimhare said:

I understand all that and slightly more. My questions were mostly rhetorical. Real answer to TS would be: because if people are not punished for being ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ they start enjoying it.

People start enjoying it when they get attention because of it, not because they dont get punished. If you dont give them attention they wont do it.