Max Character Slots 11? Why is it not 12?

Laenaya

I have 11 characters on my account and i play with all of them. Now i want to make a destoyer because patch is coming but i cant buy additional slot voucher cuz it says max char slot is 11. There are 12 classes to play in game at the moment so why is max char slot still 11? Is it intended or it isnt updated after archer class? I'm not sure about korean or chinese servers but i would like to have 12 maximum char slots so i can play with each class. I have already made a ticket about it but they just directed it to development team and nothing happened yet. I want to get a direct answer because i dont want to make a different account just because of destoyer and farm unity and other stuff so please make a solution for this.

9 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I belie its because originally we had 6 slots, and +1 slot with each new class release thats 6+5 = 11.

We had 7 classes at launch and we have 12 char slots atm, either something is wrong with his client or there is a bug if he can't unlock the 12th.

I dont think i have client problem or bug. When i check Additional Slot Voucher information it says "The maximum available character slots in Blade and Soul is 11. You cannot purchase or use voucher in excess of this amount." and i cant buy voucher. So does anyone have 12 slots at the moment? I missed free character slot expansions during warden and archer updates maybe thats why i dont have 12 slots? Can any1 confirm this?

I have updated my ticket about this and told them max char slot is 12 and i cant buy voucher. I have asked them to add 1 more char slot to my account and deduce 400 hongmoon coin if not solve it anyway you like. In the end i got same reply and they told me "As stated in the previous response, we have forwarded your concern regarding the character slots and the Additional Slot Voucher to the development team.We can only suggest to visit the website or our forums (https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/) for any major updates, news, or announcements." What will developers do? My first ticket was 4 days ago. I got my hopes up for nothing again. I dont wanna flame or anything like that but it seems i cant benefit from a normal game feature since they dont bother to solve it.

I'm trying to buy it everday but no I still cant buy voucher. I'm getting "Purchase limit exceeded. Unable to purchase anymore." error. I dont know what is wrong is it a bug or something else? I asked support for extra slot but they just redirected it to development team.

I have updated my ticket and asked support if they can manually edit and add 1 more slot to my account but they said they dont have that kind of service and they cant manually add slots. On top of it they dont have definite answer about max char slots as support. I dont think they will do something about it any soon and i still cant buy additional slot voucher. I will try getting additional slot voucher by gift method, maybe i can get it with some1 gifting me i dont know. So if any1 wants to gift me additional slot voucher i will buy it with in game gold, please contact me here. I dont want to make and farm an extra account just for 1 more character.

Edited by Laenaya

I think its because i missed free additional char slots with new class patches. There should be a limit on account for buying Additional Slot Voucher and i think thats why i cant buy anymore. I have got the founders pack years ago as well but i still cant buy voucher even after new patch, still 11 slots. 

11 hours ago, Ahn Nie said:

This must be an error if you cannot purchase a slot and could be account related. I have 12 slots already yet I still purchased another, so I have a redundant slot voucher for the time being.

Else how do you explain him having 12+1 slots while i have 11 only? As i said before it think the reason is free char slots coming with new class patches. But still its unfair that i cant buy voucher for extra slot while some people have 12 or 13 slots on their account.

I have just found the Zen archer patch note link and on the patch note they say max char slot increased from 11 to 12. https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/storm-of-arrows-store-update/ But in my opinion this only works with free slot vouchers in my case. If you have missed free slot vouchers at warden, zen archer and earlier patches like me and only used hongmoon store Additional slot vouchers for increasing slots, then the limit is 11. Each account have a limitation buying this 400 hm coin vouchers and i cant buy anymore because of this so they need to change the data of voucher from 11 to 12 as stated in patch. Else if players like me miss that free vouchers we cant get 12 slots anymore? That shouldnt be the case. They need to update the data for Additional slot vouchers.

4 hours ago, Laenaya said:

I have just found the Zen archer patch note link and on the patch note they say max char slot increased from 11 to 12. https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/storm-of-arrows-store-update/ But in my opinion this only works with free slot vouchers in my case. If you have missed free slot vouchers at warden, zen archer and earlier patches like me and only used hongmoon store Additional slot vouchers for increasing slots, then the limit is 11. Each account have a limitation buying this 400 hm coin vouchers and i cant buy anymore because of this so they need to change the data of voucher from 11 to 12 as stated in patch. Else if players like me miss that free vouchers we cant get 12 slots anymore? That shouldnt be the case. They need to update the data for Additional slot vouchers.

If that was the case more people would have complained about it already and someone even wrote in this thread that he upgraded to 12 with a voucher he bought.

Hi.  I just decided to google search this issue to see if anyone had posted it in the forums as was suggested to me by a GM.  So here I am.   Having the same problem Laenaya.  I checked my Hongmoon Store prior to this reply to see if there was a change in the stated max of 11.  I am reminded of the movie Liar Liar with Jim Carrey "The pen is BLUE!" or in my case "Your max is 11!" and it will always be 11 no matter how many times you come here to check it!!!

I have received the same responses...oh your issue has been forwarded to the development team yada yada.   The last response to my ticket was on October 11, 2019.  I ran the file repair as suggested by a GM, and out of desperation uninstalled, cleaned out any remaining file remnants using a third-party utility, with no change in the maximum allowed of 11 characters.  At the time I had the coins to purchase an additional character slot, but the store would not let me, stating that I could not exceed the maximum allowed.  I thought this would be corrected with patches that followed.  It has not.

My workaround was to delete my least played character...the Gunner so that I could have the Blade Master.   I have checked all my character's inventories for that free Archer character slot since the one used for Archer was purchased by me.  It appears that I never received it.

I have asked around on occasion in faction chat, and with each inquiry, there is usually one person who responds stating that they too aren't allowed to add a 12th character slot, while others say they have 12.

Edited by KrazyX

This is really sad and frustrating. I have updated my ticket 3-4 days ago after finding their official announcement about Zen archer patch about max slot increasing 12 cuz they told me they dont have a definite answer about max char slot -.- I added the link in my ticket i asked them to edit my account from 11 to 12 or provide free char slot or anything they can do and i have also included some ppl even having 13 slots while i cant have 12 and i dont want to make&farm a new account just to try destroyer class, asking them to provide the normal game servise they announced. Unfortunately i got same answer they told me they have already forwarded development team and same stuff. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen. 

On 13.12.2019 at 3:01 AM, Cor said:

If that was the case more people would have complained about it already and someone even wrote in this thread that he upgraded to 12 with a voucher he bought.

Just on this topic there are 3 people like me and there should be more but they know they wont fix it or they just dont bother writing here. In the end i tried another method i bought ncoin on my other account and i have tried gifting Additional Slot voucher to my main account but that didnt work as well. I asked for refund and they did it. Long story short, i'm itching to try destroyer class but each time i ask help from support they just make me lose my interest.

1 hour ago, Cathy said:

Guess i'm just talking to myself as always with this community.

It seems you didnt see that i have answered you before as i have got the founders pack and i have been playing this game from start. The problem isnt about founders pack. It is about something else and i m pretty sure its about the free char vouchers i have missed since those vouchers doesnt have a limitation. Anyway if you have read all of the argument properly you should have seen the official Zen archer patch announcement link i gave: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/storm-of-arrows-store-update/ It clearly says max char slot increased to 12 and i dont see anything about founders pack. It is not possible in the first place so if what you have said is true and some1 missed founder pack, he will play 1 less slot forever? That shouldnt be the case if you think about it. They just need to update the data of Additional Slot voucher and make it up to 12 but i doubt they will ever do it.

3 hours ago, Laenaya said:

It seems you didnt see that i have answered you before as i have got the founders pack and i have been playing this game from start. The problem isnt about founders pack. It is about something else and i m pretty sure its about the free char vouchers i have missed since those vouchers doesnt have a limitation. Anyway if you have read all of the argument properly you should have seen the official Zen archer patch announcement link i gave: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/storm-of-arrows-store-update/ It clearly says max char slot increased to 12 and i dont see anything about founders pack. It is not possible in the first place so if what you have said is true and some1 missed founder pack, he will play 1 less slot forever? That shouldnt be the case if you think about it. They just need to update the data of Additional Slot voucher and make it up to 12 but i doubt they will ever do it.

Then what they should have stated was it's 12 for the people who had the founders pack and 11 for those who got the free slots for each new class, warlock, chi master (or whatever yall call it) warrior, ect. For anyone else who missed out on free slots over the years has their slots limited to to w/e amount they've missed out on. This has been a thing for the longest unless it was changed.

These devs are knew (I think) I doubt they know how this was planned years back.

Edited by Cathy

On 15.12.2019 at 4:54 PM, Laenaya said:

Just on this topic there are 3 people like me and there should be more but they know they wont fix it or they just dont bother writing here. In the end i tried another method i bought ncoin on my other account and i have tried gifting Additional Slot voucher to my main account but that didnt work as well. I asked for refund and they did it. Long story short, i'm itching to try destroyer class but each time i ask help from support they just make me lose my interest.

On 16.12.2019 at 5:54 PM, Laenaya said:

It seems you didnt see that i have answered you before as i have got the founders pack and i have been playing this game from start. The problem isnt about founders pack. It is about something else and i m pretty sure its about the free char vouchers i have missed since those vouchers doesnt have a limitation.

Please learn to read instead of continuing writing nonsense, multiple people that have not used free vouchers said they bought char slots from shop having 12 slots just fine. The max slot is 12 for everyone no matter if you recieved free slot vouchers or not and it's not bugged for everyone who didn't get free vouchers as has been proven in this thread. Whatever is bugged here has nothing to do with free vouchers in general and only seems to affect a low number of people.

1 hour ago, Cor said:

Please learn to read instead of continuing writing nonsense, multiple people that have not used free vouchers said they bought char slots from shop having 12 slots just fine. The max slot is 12 for everyone no matter if you recieved free slot vouchers or not and it's not bugged for everyone who didn't get free vouchers as has been proven in this thread. Whatever is bugged here has nothing to do with free vouchers in general and only seems to affect a low number of people.

This is second time you are answering me like this and i dont know how did i even offend you. Do you think i love trying to solve this problem on forums and losing time here? You answer as if you are a ncsoft worker or ncsoft fanboy.  First of all you should learn reading since you said "multiple people have not used free vouchers said they bought char slots from shop having 12 slots just fine." Lets look those multiple people' post.

On 03.12.2019 at 1:57 PM, TofuChicken said:

i have all classes so jeah i have 12. Might be a bug with the shop so just report it as such so it will be fixed asap ;)

On 11.12.2019 at 9:03 PM, Ahn Nie said:

This must be an error if you cannot purchase a slot and could be account related. I have 12 slots already yet I still purchased another, so I have a redundant slot voucher for the time being.

On 04.12.2019 at 12:36 PM, Dokodo said:

I just bought a slot voucher 3 days ago and upgraded from 11 slots to 12

So can you tell me where in the world they are saying they didnt get any free vouchers at previous patches or did they even mention free vouchers in their post? They just say they can buy additional slot vouchers and they have 12 slots, one of them even had 12+1 lol.So if i try to point out a bug in game and try to get a normal game feature, this is talking nonsense? So i should just accept it and bear with 11 slots and make a new account just for 1 more class and farm since you said "this problem seems to effect low number of people"? Let me tell you what nonsense is: there is a problem or bug with that additional slot vouchers for me and "low number of people" but support department only forward this problem to development department and boom there is no solution just bear with it. I just tried to show that there is a problem that hasnt been solved by support dept and i tried to see if any1 has same problem as me. I have even found official announcement for max char slot after support department replied me that they dont have a definite answer about max char slots. I'm trying to find solution here but they dont help me. I'm sorry for continuing this "nonsense"  but believe me i would stop immediately if they care even a bit about this problem. I had little hope that maybe after today's patch i could buy voucher but no :D It seems nothing will happen as i said and i dont wanna lose time and bother people on forum for nothing. Peace and out.

On 18/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, Laenaya said:

This is second time you are answering me like this and i dont know how did i even offend you. Do you think i love trying to solve this problem on forums and losing time here? You answer as if you are a ncsoft worker or ncsoft fanboy.  First of all you should learn reading since you said "multiple people have not used free vouchers said they bought char slots from shop having 12 slots just fine." Lets look those multiple people' post.

So can you tell me where in the world they are saying they didnt get any free vouchers at previous patches or did they even mention free vouchers in their post? They just say they can buy additional slot vouchers and they have 12 slots, one of them even had 12+1 lol.So if i try to point out a bug in game and try to get a normal game feature, this is talking nonsense? So i should just accept it and bear with 11 slots and make a new account just for 1 more class and farm since you said "this problem seems to effect low number of people"? Let me tell you what nonsense is: there is a problem or bug with that additional slot vouchers for me and "low number of people" but support department only forward this problem to development department and boom there is no solution just bear with it. I just tried to show that there is a problem that hasnt been solved by support dept and i tried to see if any1 has same problem as me. I have even found official announcement for max char slot after support department replied me that they dont have a definite answer about max char slots. I'm trying to find solution here but they dont help me. I'm sorry for continuing this "nonsense"  but believe me i would stop immediately if they care even a bit about this problem. I had little hope that maybe after today's patch i could buy voucher but no :D It seems nothing will happen as i said and i dont wanna lose time and bother people on forum for nothing. Peace and out.

I could be mistaken, but I think when Warden was released a free (Level 60?) slot came with it, and then another free slot was given with the Archer release. So there were 2 free slots. Without these the limit would have been 10. NCSoft paged the character list on the title page when Warden was released. I had 8 when Warden was launched and I also purchased a slot to give me 10. When Archer with a free slot was launched I purchased another slot before I realised I had a free one which gave me 12 slots. Now I look at the received items folder and I get the message, "The maximum available character slots in Blade & Soul is 11. You cannot purchase or use vouchers in access of this amount." So I do not think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing...….

On 12/16/2019 at 10:35 AM, Cathy said:

Guess i'm just talking to myself as always with this community.

I am a founder.  I currently have 11 characters, 11 slots.  My client's store states that my max is 11, therefore it will not allow me to purchase a 12th.  That by all definitions is a "bug."