End of the game or Just End?

JanetDewitt

So I finally finished the story arc , Which is "waiting for the dawn". I even started a New character in Hopes that there would be more content. To my dismay, There isn't, Aside from trying to figure out who really wants to help within the BS community and who is just trolling. I reached a level , Where many would say that is have to do dailies, Or even "grind for peaches. Another Idea that I was given was to go an area where  you start from the celestial basin. Yeah.. no.. that kind of grind is going to take FOREVER.! By the time I do finally get all the gear I need and have near to amazing Attack power.., More than Likely it will be January.. and New MMo's are coming out.. Quite frankly, I feel Like I am forced to spend real money in order to advance. In one other instance.. I was finally able to get an item only to find that I had to "Grind", Yet again to get a key to open it. Yeah.. This kind is mechanic is ..Very discouraging. As I see it, Give this game a little more time , and perhaps it may end up as lonely as Vindictus.

5 minutes ago, JanetDewitt said:

So I finally finished the story arc , Which is "waiting for the dawn". I even started a New character in Hopes that there would be more content. To my dismay, There isn't, Aside from trying to figure out who really wants to help within the BS community and who is just trolling. I reached a level , Where many would say that is have to do dailies, Or even "grind for peaches. Another Idea that I was given was to go an area where  you start from the celestial basin. Yeah.. no.. that kind of grind is going to take FOREVER.! By the time I do finally get all the gear I need and have near to amazing Attack power.., More than Likely it will be January.. and New MMo's are coming out.. Quite frankly, I feel Like I am forced to spend real money in order to advance. In one other instance.. I was finally able to get an item only to find that I had to "Grind", Yet again to get a key to open it. Yeah.. This kind is mechanic is ..Very discouraging. As I see it, Give this game a little more time , and perhaps it may end up as lonely as Vindictus.

You are in no way required to spend money to advance in the game. you have to drop that mindset you have. Its a grind MMO, this means you are not supposed to get all max gear within a month of playing.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Its a grind MMO, this means you are not supposed to get all max gear within a month of playing.

Sure, but as the OP said:

7 hours ago, JanetDewitt said:

Yeah.. no.. that kind of grind is going to take FOREVER.!

There's a slight difference between forever and for months or even a year. It is the same old question as in every mmo: how many hours of playing should it be? So the answer "you are not supposed to get all max gear within a month" isn't responding to the OP after all.

@JanetDewitt  From your point of view there's nothing more to do in this game. There is no significant amount of sidequests, I won't mention the reward of those. There is no challenging content as they keep lowering the requirements for the players to successfully finish a dungeon. The last raid is mechanicalwise much easier then the one before. There is absolutly no need to have max gear as a requirement to participate in any dungeon. Everything max gear gives you is the ability to farm faster than others, but also not too fast as you mostly spend more time running through a dungeon than actually fighting.

But wait there is one thing you can do: pvp. As in every game pvp isn't really balanced, but you can go for it as a personal challenge. Join the battlegrounds if you are tilt-proofed and immune to verbal harassment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nemises said:

But wait there is one thing you can do: pvp. As in every game pvp isn't really balanced, but you can go for it as a personal challenge. Join the battlegrounds if you are tilt-proofed and immune to verbal harassment.

I laughed at this!!!
Played some beluga matchs and ppl where blaming me for not having maxed pvp gear...

3 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

you forgot to mention that you als need to be quite masochistic to do BG without decent pvp gear caus you are nothing more than food for the gun for those whales xD

what u mean by decent? maxed gear? Cuz i had Nova Core SS( i know it's not best one atm), also had these skyshatter or whatever accessories.

Ok, SO I gave that Notion about grinding a Go, Played the ENTIRE day and only was able to attain 2 items.. Yeah.. no.. This is NOT the kind of thing I am looking forward to.

I also found out that the Orange quests all lead to "raids"? - Ugh.. im screwed. Let's be clear here.. I desire to SOLO everything.. Me.. and only Me. Why do you ask, Well - Thus far

it's been this kinds of scenario: Invited to a party for a raid, then kicked because I wasn't geared to their own standards.  And this is the kind of thing that happens over and over.

I even tried PVP, it is ridiculous to be paired with another player that has some sort of edge already , especially the Ranged Players, I could not land a Single hit. So what is Pvp for? To be killed over and over? yeah.. NO. The gaming community really isn't much help, I get pulled in multiple Directions only to end up in the same dilemma. Im not sure How any of you would find this Enjoyable. Not in the least , and most certainly not like this. Perhaps I will wait another year and see what develops, and perhaps not.

If MMOs are the opposite of what you enjoy (cooperating with people over many months to achieve common goals and progressing slowly), then why come here to whine about how it doesn't fit what you personally like in a game, instead of just playing Solitaire or Skyrim or whatever actually fits you?

6 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

If MMOs are the opposite of what you enjoy (cooperating with people over many months to achieve common goals and progressing slowly), then why come here to whine about how it doesn't fit what you personally like in a game, instead of just playing Solitaire or Skyrim or whatever actually fits you?

Im not whining about How this is supposed to be a co-op, Did you read what I posted, I have been getting kicked.. over and over. It's not like i'm an Introvert or anything.

ALso, that is exactly the kind of replies I get, Because.. Honestly I just don't know.. so I ask. Because there is so much to do, I always hope that I get pointed in the right direction.

Maybe you do, But I do not. You did mention a Progression over many months? You mean.. you actually play this game that long? Maybe someone else can point me to a "Build" of sorts or even a guide that would be of greater assistance?

BnS doesn’t explain as much as it should about what to do when you reach level cap. If you desire to be a regular player I can recommend you to a clan that is very helpful to noobies. They can explain to you what to do, what to use, and where to get it as well as run content with you. If you’re interested then hit me up in game. My IGN is Arbun . Let me know what your ign is if you’re interested so we can get you setup.

Since you previously mentioned vindictus, which is also a very very grind heavy game. Can you please give me an example of which MMORPG that you are prefacing? A lot of the wuxia games that are having western release are very grind heavy. A lot of the korean games that are being developed for western publication are grind heavy, so I don't know what you are comparing your standards to. Even wow classic/retail is pretty grindy if you want to pvp or get bis. 

TBH, BNS is VERY lenient in giving back to players in terms of hongmoon coins and events. It is VERY easy to get into end game parties without playing as much as you would in other MMORPGs. You're lack of understanding and direction is both the fault of the community and yours. There are MANY guides (although oudated, the ideas still hold) that are out on the web. Figure this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out for yourself. If you are complaining about "being pulled" in many directions, that's your fault for trying blindly following other peoples direction. How about, if you actually want to give it a fair try, actually plan things out and don't just randomly blame the system for your misunderstanding of what to do. 

In terms of grinding. This game is actually not that grindy as to what a lot of people say. You can get to A9 in a matter of 2-3 weeks if you play regularly (2-3) hous a day now. The barrier of entry into mid-late game is much much lower compared to a couple of months ago, because of constant cost readjustment/decreases over the past few months. I noticed that you said you "grinded the ENTIRE day." What did you grind? If you are grinding celestial basin or moon refuge, then good. The items you get from those places, the alternative would be to hopefully get them as an RNG drop from a dungeon, which could take you longer or shorter depending on RNG. Getting them from moon reuge is a guarantee, so you don't have to gamble at a chance of a drop.  This has a lot of real world applications as well. You would rather pay a higher price for something that is guaranteed, or are you arguing that you would pay a lower price at a undescribed chance at it? I am a firm believer in being rewarded for the time put into something. If someone puts in more time and effort than you, of course they would have standards of how they want to play in terms of gear. They want to either clear the content at a certain pace or clear it period. You don't fit the bill, so get better gear and apply to parties. The entry requirement for Skybreak Spire is literally gear out of story quest, so your character progression should not be limited at any point as long as you finish the story quest. 

In terms of paying. I started this game about 3 months ago and I am already at 1900 AP. I only paid for premium and tried about 20 boxes of trove back a month ago. You do not need to pay anything to progress. I am progressing a little bit faster than some players because of the premium, but it can literally be bypassed with a little bit more grind. You actually have no excuse in this department, because the entry requirement for a lot of early-mid game dungeons and raids are so low, that whatever your gear is, most people will take you regardless if you know mechanics or not. Today alone, there has been many faction chat messages recruiting for Skybreak Spire with NO requirements at all. So I don't know what you are doing to be getting kicked from parties for "raids" The only "raid" you should be doing is skybreak spire at this point. If you wanted to do Scions Keep or Vortex Temple (Temple of Eluvium), then get better gear? To get from Raven 3, to Aransu 3, should take you literally around 2 weeks of play (2-3 hours a day). The only reason I know this is because my friend who has a full time job also plays this game. He only has about 2-3 hours a day to play. He plays a little more on Saturday/Sunday, but majority he doesn't have a lot of time to do a lot o grinding. But he got to Aransu 3 in a matter of 2 weeks. You are blowing a lot of the misc. problems way out of proportion. 

For PVP, if you are playing a melee class, and losing to range, then that is majority your fault. In arena, most melee classes have the upperhand vs most range calsses. If you are really losing that badly, then get better at your class and understand the match up. Sure there are some counters class wise, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Have you ever thought the other player was just "better" than you? If you are really a new player like you are hamming yourself up to be, why should you fare well against regular players who play this game regularly? If you are complaining about 6v6, I will further amplify this idea because you really don't know how to play your class, as well as have no gear for it. So you are further compounding the issue of not knowing the core mechancis of BNS and also your class as well. You don't randomly go into a game and completely dominate it without knowing how to actually play the game. That's like saying, if I never played league of legends, and I went into the game, not knowing what my character does, and complaining that the enemy has an advantage over me because people say he counters me. That idea is literally bullshit. You just don't know how to play the game at that point, so instead of blaming the system you should really blame yourself.

My final thoughts on this, sorry that this was a huge wall of text, is that you ARE whining like the above post said. You are complaining about things that you don't really understand and have a pre-bias view on. You grinding an "entire day" at moon refuge doesn't really mean anything. You haven't actually tried figuring out the core mechanics of the game, or explored ideas on how to progress. You are only looking for instant gratification, and not actual "progressing" through the game. If you actually played vindictus (which I only bring it up because you did in the first post) you would understand what grind really is. When vindictus came out, that game was MUCH MUCH more grindy than this. BNS pales in comparison. You should know this, and if you disagree then you are really blind. 

Edited by EKevin

11 hours ago, JanetDewitt said:

Im not whining about How this is supposed to be a co-op, Did you read what I posted, I have been getting kicked.. over and over. It's not like i'm an Introvert or anything.

ALso, that is exactly the kind of replies I get, Because.. Honestly I just don't know.. so I ask. Because there is so much to do, I always hope that I get pointed in the right direction.

Maybe you do, But I do not. You did mention a Progression over many months? You mean.. you actually play this game that long? Maybe someone else can point me to a "Build" of sorts or even a guide that would be of greater assistance?

For dung and raids when you finish story it doesnt mean you are geared enough for every dung and raid that is out even if you are able to enter them. As reference you can try pressing ctrl+j and check requirments there. Ofc its not bullete proof as well as on weapon side its a bit more inflated than in reality.

As for farming this is kr mmo its pretty much endless farm. Some of use plays for years not months and we dont have totaly end game gear. But you dont realy need it anyway for majority of content. 

Also if you want some reference check jis youtube chanal :

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZBWXfAyyD9GqRMREuQkd0g

He recently started reupload bns videos for new or returned players of what is what,what to do after story and so on. So you can use his videos as reference.

Another thing i would suggest trying to find a clan. An active clan in which you might be able to get spots in some older raids with having less gear. In faction chat ppl as for certain ap for raids and dungs just so run would be more smooth and fast. 

• 2 weeks later...

Then that , my friend is not fun in any sense of the word. I am absolutely appalled that most if not many of you just put with this kind of mechanics.

So, from what I gather , Some of you have been playing this game for several years then>? Quite Honestly, I really don't see this game having much more life in it , Perhaps another year at best. From what I see, This is NC soft's way of "trying to keep players " as long as possible.

Don't get me wrong, the game is and is still enjoyable, Up until you reach level cap, then what? It's not about a Slow and steady pace of growth , It's more like a complete struggle with others who are out for blood and you are the guinea pig getting one shotted over and over just for their entertainment.  There has to be some sort of balance. as it stands right now.. there isn't any.

So.... what is your problem again? i cant understand.... Its not one offline lines, and cant reech it end, and its good, like it go and play it, don't like then sorry we have enough them already online ... when I joined not even Heavens Mandate included, and nothing they somehow surviving. 

And looks like u misunderstanding MMO concept itself, its world to play it at daily basics, not to end it, how u play it if its over, and story just what happened in this virtual universe from start. Go only in PVP then and sell moonstones buy all stuff, if "grinding" something what u "just cant do", gonna have anyway.

Another damn kid with his "where my gid to go outside my city", u using navi to go to shop to?

Edited by Indifferent

Well the OP simply criticizes the monoton daily actions the game offers. In other grindy games often offer more:

1. Gathering for crafting

A simple work but essential for crafting in many games. The point in many other grindy games is, that the common crafting materials are gathered in the open world (as a source). In BnS the developers surrendered to the bots and completly remove any meaningful gathering in the open world. Gathered materials also are an important factor for the market in these games. Fishing won't be a solution for this as it's just afking for some hours and "gather" mostly account bound items.

2. Importance of crafting for the market

In other grindy games there are a lot more consumable items "craftable only" and can't be obtaint in dungeons (like dumblings and potions) which gives professions a much higher value. Of course dumblings and potions are not the best example in this game, as you don't really need any of them if you're not screwing up.

BnS even impedes the trading of craftable items, as the account bound items are much cheaper to craft, which makes the same items on the market extremly unattractive to sell/buy.

3. Farming common items wherever you like and trade it for other common items you need

One of the remarkable things of a grindy MMO for me is, that you can farm at a spot you like and trade your daily effort for the things you want to have. This is how a real supply and demand develops in the market. At the moment pretty much the best is to farm everything by yourself, I could play a single player RPG that has more trading actions than BnS. In BnS it is nearly impossible as the items to farm are mostly character or account bound. There is nothing like farming basin in party and you'll get the moonstone crystals and I get the elysians as we both just need those atm so badly.

4. Open world content

- Bosses with fortune wheels -> outdated

- Terrors -> outdated

- Blackwyrm -> outdated and removed

- Silverfrost events (Grand Harvest, ...) -> outdated

- SSP (faction area) -> outdated, still somehow "farmable" but just a shadow of itself as a farming spot. This is open world and you are literally obliged to solo farm this due the reduction of prestige points.

- current content ???

There are no current "open world" events that gives the player a reason to farm. Although players cry "it was lagging as hell at Blackwyrm" etc. hell yes, but you don't have to go there and now we don't even have something to cry about in the open world.

Edited by Nemises
Fixed evaded filter words.
  • Like 1

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Nemises:

- SSP (faction area) -> outdated, still somehow "farmable" but just a shadow of itself as a farming spot. This is open world and you are literally obliged to solo farm this due the reduction of prestige points.

Yeah SSP is one of the worst nerfs at all. They nerfed SSP to oblivion so as soon as there are 2 or more players its not worth wasting your time doing it, you wont get any prestige.
But thats the typical NC-Soft BS they always did making every cost reduction obsolot cause at the same time they reduce the materials and stuff get even more expensive.

So instead of giving us a new Fraction area like SSP or instead of adjust SSP to current gear NC-Soft goes the easy way nerfing prestig to a point that made SSP completly worthless to spend time at and offer stuff at F10 to fill their pockets...