Damage is Underwhelming

Arb

When do you start to see good damage with an SF, I tried archer and oh boy... I was getting 1 mill easy with an aransu 9 weapon. now I have shadowforge 3 with similar gear and I'm getting normally around half that as an earth SF, maybe 700-800k if I'm not interrupted (which is difficult cause you're in melee range with SF). I wanna stick with my SF I'm just wondering when will the damage get good, is it a huge difference that I don't have my completed soul badge yet when I did on my archer? What is the deciding gear that makes you get good dps?

Here's my stats and gear:

EwiHgRP.jpg

First of SF is not about burst dmg its about DPS. Even tho your enemy might do like 13 million Burst and you do like 6 Million their dmg will lower soon and yours will be more stable.

If you are referring to Burst dmg aswell.

I play Ice so i will not be able to help you much on Earth but if you cannot manage 1 Million with this gear you do something wrong. Have you looked at your skill build ? You sure you play the right build ?

A long time i used a wrong build on my Ice SF aswell which lost me houndreds of thousand of DPS maybe its the same for you.

New class is always boosted, to lure new players in.

Also, your gear progression is very wild. maxed up gems and stage 3 accessories?

Yes, badge fusions can make very significant dmg jumps,

Plus earth sf uses raid weapon path instead of cd reduction.

I suggest you to visit bnsacademy discord where is every class heavily discussed including gearing, strategies, dps rotation etc. I learned alot about all the classes i play from there.

https://discordapp.com/invite/zU8vTm4/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im new to the game and around lvl 40 and I have hit a massive difficulty spike in the story quest, with this being the case. 
I went from doing moderate to ok damage DPS wise. Suddenly I'm not doing squat with any sort of damage, my skills don't activate and Im taking all sorts of damage regardless of my being vary mobile.
What the heck!?
I was told that I could get to the end of the story before I had to worry about a grind. 

You can just keep using the gear they give you from the main yellow quest. If you are still using lvl 1 or 10 gear ofc you will have issues with progressing through the story.

Make sure you equip all the stuff they give you from the yellow quest. That should be more than enough to take you to lvl 60.

And about not being able to use your skills, I simply think the only reason for that would be your weapon is broken. If your weapon breaks or if you dont have a weapon equipped, you can't use any skills. DO check if you are doing any of the above by mistake.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Sorairono

Well... first off... I hate to say it... but you might've wanted to stick with Aransu 9 and built up to get a better weapon... preferably Grand Celestial (furthermore GC 6).

The raid weapons tend to be more powerful, often due to their special effects. The Aransu effect is pretty potent for most classes and the next tier's weapons at lower levels aren't particularly remarkable by comparison. A clan mate recommended to me that, if you're planning to go up to the next tier, most classes ought to build up the mats to jump from Aransu 9 straight to Grand Celestial 6. The main reason is that GC weapons gain much of their power off of the stacks they accumulate... and they don't reliably gain stacks well enough until around GC6 to compare to even Aransu 9. Also, most classes (unless you're doing an alt or one of the summoner specs) tend to suffer going Thornbreaker as opposed to GC.

So, for starters, that might be the big issue to your DPS loss.

Beyond that, I have to agree that SF has probably been the most nerfed class and is very underwhelming. I have a set of characters which are pretty evenly geared and out of all of them, it seems my SF is just the weakest... even comparing to my fire gunslinger... WITHOUT using Bulletstorm. It's kind of sad, really. SF was originally pretty good... but a bunch of people complained when a PvP tournament was won by a SF user and they've been nerfed constantly since. There needs to be a lot of fixes IMO (better ranged stances, better bracelet proc skills), but for now... it's just a lackluster hybrid attacker/supporter.