Connection problem need some help.

stardreamer77

Hi,

i been play this game since 2016, and recently i get a lot of disconnect from server(when in game) or can't connect to log in server error(when try to log in the game).

then i summit a ticket and they ask me to use a tools "WinMTR" to do some connection test to the server (icmp.us.ncwest.com) . the problem come and go very often . but mostly at 7pm to 12AM (when everyone is after work and start using internet.) And i am sure when the problem happen, i am the only one using my line, no other people is using it. and all other Youtube, web browsing don't have any problem , but when the problem happen , i also take a few try to log in to the BNS forum.

i play on NA server , but i also test EU server, and the problem happen too.

here is the result:

when everything is Good

G06Xvro.jpg

When game get Disconnect from server:

LbkIsZm.jpg

when i try to log in the game and get not respond from log in server (NCLauncher show Failed to receive a response from the update server ..bla bla bla..)

Pwyw9nS.jpg

i am not a Netwok Expert, so i need some expert help me to understand better what cause the problem so i can go to the righ party to fix the problem.

from the picture,

192.168.2.5 is my Modem ( on 8mbps DSL and connect PC to Modem via LAN cable . ISP is Telekom Malaysia. yes i am from malaysia)

175.140.xx.xx is my ip address , then this

10.55.49.197  when i get to here, all the connection loss, if i get to 10.55.49.199 then the connection is good.

so i want to know who is the 10.55.49.197 or 10.55.49.199 ? because it's a private ip address that i no know belong to who.

thanks.

First thing to know is your connection goes through multiply ISP providers in multiple countries, not just your own ISP provider. That is the most likely problem. The addresses 10.55.49.197 and 10.55.49.199 most likely belongs to some ISP provider in another country or your own country.

Basically you are at the mercy of all these ISP providers, not just your own and can't do anything about it unless you use some other vpn software to reroute the connection. If any ISP provider decides to change your connection in some way or if they are in maintenance and cannot reroute you or whatever of the sort, that's what gives you disconnections.

At least that's what i see based on those pictures anyways.

10.0.0.0/24 addresses do not belong to any ISP. They are reserved private addresses for local networks. For they are listed after the internet address 175.140.x.x it means that connection switched back to a local network route and indicates that you use a VPN- oder some other service to improve your ping. When ping is too high it might indicate that too many people are using this service at the same time or the service is disabled. When connection is completely lost NC might have blocked the current servers of the VPN/ping service and it takes some time till other routes/other servers fill in.

If you do not know of any VPN or ping service your ISP might route you internally through some local servers and you should be suspicious why....

Anyway Amarathiel is right: You should talk to your ISP and/or VPN/ping service provider.

WTF ?!?

IP-Adresses in a range from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 are reseved for private networks. Its a Class A Privat Network that shouldnt be accessible from public.
Normaly 10.0.0.0/8 ip adresses are used by large companys for internal networking / intranet (not to confuse with internet) and should be protected by several firewalls and access controll mechanism for connections from outside the network as companys dont want external users in their corporate net and have strict rules for access these networks from outside.
Its very unusual that your internet connection is routed through multiple IPs from the 10.0.0.0/8 ip range

On the fly there are only 4 explanations i can think of. 

1. you are using a VPN-Provider who uses ips from the privat network reserves ip ranges

2. you are using a corporate network via VPN to connect to the internet

3. your provider routing your connection internaly over a privat network (for example through multiple server centers using own fiber optic connections)

4. quite unlikely but still possible, you (or your provider) are a victim of a "Man in the middle" attack and someone piped your internet connection through a privat network.

Anyway, if you dont use any VPN provider you should ask your provider why there are multiple IPs reserved for privat networking between your connection to your target what is quite unusual

Edited by Merlin DE

On 11/24/2019 at 5:53 PM, Cohen said:

10.0.0.0/24 addresses do not belong to any ISP. They are reserved private addresses for local networks. For they are listed after the internet address 175.140.x.x it means that connection switched back to a local network route and indicates that you use a VPN- oder some other service to improve your ping. When ping is too high it might indicate that too many people are using this service at the same time or the service is disabled. When connection is completely lost NC might have blocked the current servers of the VPN/ping service and it takes some time till other routes/other servers fill in.

If you do not know of any VPN or ping service your ISP might route you internally through some local servers and you should be suspicious why....

Anyway Amarathiel is right: You should talk to your ISP and/or VPN/ping service provider.

thanks.

i don't use any VPN service, that is my line direct connect to my ISP, and Yes! i know my shitty ISP monitor and filter all user connection, that's why after my public ip address then go to the private ip address "inside" the ISP.

when the country is so corrupt and the ISP is in a monopoly business.. this shitty ISP is my ONLY option.. LOL

On 11/24/2019 at 6:17 PM, Merlin DE said:

WTF ?!?

IP-Adresses in a range from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 are reseved for private networks. Its a Class A Privat Network that shouldnt be accessible from public.
Normaly 10.0.0.0/8 ip adresses are used by large companys for internal networking / intranet (not to confuse with internet) and should be protected by several firewalls and access controll mechanism for connections from outside the network as companys dont want external users in their corporate net and have strict rules for access these networks from outside.
Its very unusual that your internet connection is routed through multiple IPs from the 10.0.0.0/8 ip range

On the fly there are only 4 explanations i can think of. 

1. you are using a VPN-Provider who uses ips from the privat network reserves ip ranges

2. you are using a corporate network via VPN to connect to the internet

3. your provider routing your connection internaly over a privat network (for example through multiple server centers using own fiber optic connections)

4. quite unlikely but still possible, you (or your provider) are a victim of a "Man in the middle" attack and someone piped your internet connection through a privat network.

Anyway, if you dont use any VPN provider you should ask your provider why there are multiple IPs reserved for privat networking between your connection to your target what is quite unusual

my guess is 3.

since the IPv4 address is running out.. my ISP start giving user "private ip" address when they connect to them.  i need to call them and "lie" about my CCTV remote access can't work with private ip address to ask them give me a public IP... but from the picture above... seem like then still route all connect to their "inside monitor system".. that's why after my public ip then go to some "private ip address" belong to their system.

i already email my problem to them and they ask me to send them some PingPlotter result... now all i can do is just wait...

this is the PingPlotter test..

XXKntiy.jpg