Aboslutely unacceptable

Laura099

What is this Soul Shield Psyche Garbage?
I've known it was coming for some time due to knowledge of KR psyches, however for there not to be a rework on koldrak, this is unforgivable.
For anyone uncertain on these psyches, let me do a recap

4 new psyches will be introduced (2 for pvp, 2 for pve)
Koldrak's Psyche - used to augment SoulShield pieces 1-4 with 2~10 boss ap and 4~20 additional damage - Cost: 100g and 30 Koldrak Scales
Smouldering Psyche - used to augment SoulShield pieces 5-8 with 2~10 boss ap and 4~20 additional damage - Cost: 100g and 30 Koldrak Scales
Warlord's Psyche - used to augment SoulShield pieces 1-4 with 2~10 PvP ap and 4~20 damage reduction - Cost: 100g and 20,000 Battle points
Dueler's psyche - used to augment SoulShield pieces 5-8 with 2~10 PvP ap and 4~20 damage reduction - Cost: 100g and 20,000 Battle Points

The prices for even the PvP psyches are outrageous, do not misinterpret me. However they are farmable to some extent, thus I will be skipping them for this point. Here's my gripe.
Koldrak rewards and drops will be doubled during the period of this event
That's it? You understand that you only get 2 koldrak scales a day correct? Meaning we get 4 a day for 28 days.
So let's do some math
In order to max a Single SoulShield Piece you need 150 koldrak scales, which is 75 days. Due to this event, we can knock off 28 days since rewards are doubled
This means we can remove 28 days from one SoulShield, so let us do some math
75-28 = 47
75 * 7 = 525
525 + 47 = 572

It will take 572 days to get one tier of soulshield capped
Seeing as raids tend to be roughly 400 days apart before the next is released, this is unacceptable. At this point, it doesn't matter whether you are one of the elite 1% that's always max or the 80% that just play this game, you'll be stuck at the same wall no matter what you do. A dev team should never punish players for not doing outdated or irrelevant content, yet here we are, now.

• Like 1

You forget that the psyches are in no way a requirement for any content in the game, they are mainly for those who want to min/max. It is in no way blocking your progression in game or hindering you from completing any content.

That being said, unless you have properly upgraded gear with stage 10 accessories, a decent soul and heart and weapon, those 80 boss AP will make 0 difference for you.

I will not even mention the fact that you dont even need scales to get garnets anymore.

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

those 80 boss AP will make 0 difference for you.

It dosent matter if it makes a difference which it will i guess around 70K dps. The problem is it should be possible to max it in a reasonable time. If he calculated correctly you need to cash to do it cause in the meantime your soul shield will no longer be the best ingame and you will have to upgrade and lose all the psyches you used.

It would be a different story if you could salvage your ss and get thoose psyches back but NC will never do such thing. And i have to say 20K Battlepoints for 1 in PVP is way to much aswell. 20K Battlepoints are up to: 1400 Gold. So you have to pay 7K Gold to max one soul shield and since we got 8 soul shields its 56K Gold for what 80 PVP Attack Power ? Now you have to add up the cost of 100Gold aswell which increases the price to 60K Gold in total.

The Stat increase is not high enough to give us so much cost ! Not in PVP and not in PVE either. I am pretty sure tho NC will add some way to farm thoose psyches in the future outside of Koldrak atleast but PVP Players will have to pay thoose 60K Gold.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

You forget that the psyches are in no way a requirement for any content in the game, they are mainly for those who want to min/max. It is in no way blocking your progression in game or hindering you from completing any content.

THeir existence will make them the requirement. We know NC will shove them in the next trove, leading to all the whales and semi whales rocking them and judging everybody else for not having them. Nobody wants to be "inferior" by perception. So you'll first have to combat and defeat this mentality in the frame of this game, which will be hard cause we have almost no content, then you can claim that a gear enhancing item is not required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImoutoMaster said:

The problem is it should be possible to max it in a reasonable time.

That will never happen tho.

They make it like that so you feel "Forced" to pay to "Skip the grind" or just wait the 600 days, That is their entire business model. Pay to do things faster and to Stay up-to-date.

Edited by Uldrum

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

That being said, unless you have properly upgraded gear with stage 10 accessories, a decent soul and heart and weapon, those 80 boss AP will make 0 difference for you.

I will not even mention the fact that you dont even need scales to get garnets anymore.

Is that so? Well currently in KR they have posted videos of defeating the second boss of the newest raid. It is quite an interesting and fun boss. The issue? It has invulnerability as you're doing mechanics. The Koreans, which are sitting there with 12-13mil dps on average, killed it with roughly 1 minute left on enrage. Now, yes, they have quite a fair bit of stuff on us. Much higher unity, higher HM points and set bonus, higher collection bonuses, and so on. However NA will be in a tighter bind due to almost all classes having a ping requirement of some sort that is unsuitable for NA. This means we will have to min-max much more in order to clear said raid, even if it does get a nerf. Even moreso if they keep shoving things away that we should have had available to us for over a year.
And alas, I could care less about garnets. Perhaps you missed the part where with this even it would take 572 days alone? There's no point adding in an upgrade that can't even be used. Normally I would agree with you, as you make some valid points often, Grimoire, but unfortunately "you don't have to get them" is not a valid point.

14 minutes ago, Laura099 said:

And alas, I could care less about garnets. Perhaps you missed the part where with this even it would take 572 days alone? There's no point adding in an upgrade that can't even be used. Normally I would agree with you, as you make some valid points often, Grimoire, but unfortunately "you don't have to get them" is not a valid point.

Well....i mean ofc its "useless" its mainly aimed for those sitting on huge amounts of scales or those who decide to trove for them.

At least there is no significant boost from those psyches.

2 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

THeir existence will make them the requirement. We know NC will shove them in the next trove, leading to all the whales and semi whales rocking them and judging everybody else for not having them. Nobody wants to be "inferior" by perception. So you'll first have to combat and defeat this mentality in the frame of this game, which will be hard cause we have almost no content, then you can claim that a gear enhancing item is not required.

If you do not get kicked out of a group because you dont have the new bracelet or belt i can assure you no one will kick you because you dont have soulshield psyches, so your argument its basically not worth anything. No one will look at boss AP, people care about AP, weapon, rest....not really.

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

It dosent matter if it makes a difference which it will i guess around 70K dps. The problem is it should be possible to max it in a reasonable time. If he calculated correctly you need to cash to do it cause in the meantime your soul shield will no longer be the best ingame and you will have to upgrade and lose all the psyches you used.

It would be a different story if you could salvage your ss and get thoose psyches back but NC will never do such thing. And i have to say 20K Battlepoints for 1 in PVP is way to much aswell. 20K Battlepoints are up to: 1400 Gold. So you have to pay 7K Gold to max one soul shield and since we got 8 soul shields its 56K Gold for what 80 PVP Attack Power ? Now you have to add up the cost of 100Gold aswell which increases the price to 60K Gold in total.

The Stat increase is not high enough to give us so much cost ! Not in PVP and not in PVE either. I am pretty sure tho NC will add some way to farm thoose psyches in the future outside of Koldrak atleast but PVP Players will have to pay thoose 60K Gold.

thats why you have to make the executive decision for yourself whether its worth for you to invest in it or not. you arent forced in any way, shape or form to do it.

If people would look at themselves instead of always looking at whales we would have a better community, capable of doing dungeons with mechs rather than just crying and ranting on forum about every little thing.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Well....i mean ofc its "useless" its mainly aimed for those sitting on huge amounts of scales or those who decide to trove for them.

At least there is no significant boost from those psyches.

Perhaps 80 static boss ap is not entirely significant, however you're looking at the smaller picture here. When the belt, gloves, new soul, and talisman came out they were completely trash tier upgrades, the accessories giving roughly 30k to near max players at the time, the soul hardly being considered an upgrade, and the talisman requiring a global cooldown for something that was trash until absolute max. Add em all together though and they became a noticeable dps increase.
If you sit here and let this slide, what'll happen when they do this to more gear in the future? Forget p2w this game won't even be playable unless you drop 100 grand on it. I'll tell you this, we still have 3 more psyches left to come out, assuming I've heard right on the third one, and all 3 are rather significant. 2 give mystic while a third has a skill modifier (again, assuming I have heard correctly on the third one) which are all significant, especially alongside this. If we look at the smaller picture nothing matters how unaccessible it is, but now there's a 3mil dps gap between f2p and p2p players. So it's clear those smaller pictures came back to bite us.

9 minutes ago, Laura099 said:

Perhaps 80 static boss ap is not entirely significant, however you're looking at the smaller picture here. When the belt, gloves, new soul, and talisman came out they were completely trash tier upgrades, the accessories giving roughly 30k to near max players at the time, the soul hardly being considered an upgrade, and the talisman requiring a global cooldown for something that was trash until absolute max. Add em all together though and they became a noticeable dps increase.
If you sit here and let this slide, what'll happen when they do this to more gear in the future? Forget p2w this game won't even be playable unless you drop 100 grand on it. I'll tell you this, we still have 3 more psyches left to come out, assuming I've heard right on the third one, and all 3 are rather significant. 2 give mystic while a third has a skill modifier (again, assuming I have heard correctly on the third one) which are all significant, especially alongside this. If we look at the smaller picture nothing matters how unaccessible it is, but now there's a 3mil dps gap between f2p and p2p players. So it's clear those smaller pictures came back to bite us.

Well yes. The higher your overall gear upgrades are the better they will scale with increases in AP / Boss AP.

The bigger issue here is the entire comparison between F2P and P2P. As long as F@P players will keep on comparing themselves to the P2P ones, they will always feel "left out" of everything. They need to start looking at themselves and their own pace. I know players who asside premium didnt spend a single $ on the game and are now TB7 with maxed out accessories and soul and talisman.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Well yes. The higher your overall gear upgrades are the better they will scale with increases in AP / Boss AP.

The bigger issue here is the entire comparison between F2P and P2P. As long as F@P players will keep on comparing themselves to the P2P ones, they will always feel "left out" of everything. They need to start looking at themselves and their own pace. I know players who asside premium didnt spend a single $ on the game and are now TB7 with maxed out accessories and soul and talisman.

Any thing is possible if you played for a long time, But the people who complain usally want full gear within 1-2 month of them starting the game, and if they can't do that then it's time for some complaining how "It's not fair" that the people who have played longer has better gear than them.

Edited by Uldrum

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

That comparison was purely for the sake of pointing out how those small things make a big difference once stacked up. You seem to have missed the quintessential meaning of what I was saying and instead focused on that one line. I've accepted I'll be lower gear and chose to be f2p, not even paying premium, due to a lack of necessity of gear at the current state of the game. Ofc now I can try hard to catch up.
But here's the thing. Even in trove Koldrak scales were seen maybe 1 in every 10 keys, and only one was seen at that. My issue here is that it's a paywall, which as a side note, if PvE is more p2w than PvP something is clearly wrong, but the main issue is that pay or not, these psyches are obscene to obtain and will not realistically be obtained before the next raid and it's ss are out.

You had to abandon the argument and instead focus on a line meant to support the argument rather than counter the argument itself, so i suggest you take your little snobbish butt out of here.

3 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

Noob question: How can i get Garnet without Scales? (i'm returning player)

Midnight Skypetal Plains 4-6 have a chance to drop hexagonal garnets from the personal rewards and The Shadowmoor has a chance to drop Heptagonal Garnet

• Like 1

Well the more they add and patch the more i feel the need to look for a good alternative.

Anyone know a good MMO with a good combat system and some challanges and not braindad burst down anything? Im open for suggestions.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

If you do not get kicked out of a group because you dont have the new bracelet or belt i can assure you no one will kick you because you dont have soulshield psyches, so your argument its basically not worth anything. No one will look at boss AP, people care about AP, weapon, rest....not really.

Well we always head sol "elitists" with some absurd AP requirements for even the lowest dungeons, But what we have now, requesting TT / ET Gear for MSP is not only redicolous its a NC "greedy"-Soft made porblem. 

Zitat

No paywalls will hold you back, and no amount of money will give you an unfair competitive advantage over other players. We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases.

Thats what they have plausibly promised back in June 2015 ( https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/business-model-revealed/ )
Every buisness want to earn money and its ok but what NC-Soft did was just killing the game and grew a elitists toxic community buy making the difference between casuals and casher bigger and bigger.
Now we are at a point where it even gets hard to find decend geared players for ET and the next raid is comming up soon, while most players are not even have TT Gear.
Good game...

26 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Well we always head sol "elitists" with some absurd AP requirements for even the lowest dungeons, But what we have now, requesting TT / ET Gear for MSP is not only redicolous its a NC "greedy"-Soft made porblem. 

so...players wanting higher geared members in their group to farm more efficiently is a ncsoft created issue? o.o

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

so...players wanting higher geared members in their group to farm more efficiently is a ncsoft created issue? o.o

Indirect it is, yes.

1. NC-Soft continusly reduced material income / Farming spots making it harder for casual / New players to catch up. Reductions dont made it better and we all know what happend with the last so called "reduction" that made things way more expensive
2. with breaking their own philosophy, which i partial quoted, they made the difference between casher and non casher / casuals / new players even greater. That resulted in even more problems for lower geared to find proper groups.

As someone said, only the highest 4 dungeons are worthwhile to run, everything below is not worth the time you spend for them since you wont get anything rewarding, neither gold nor enough materials.

3. Less Gold/Mats in lower dungeons -> even more problems for lower geared to catch up.

And now it slowly start backfireing at the Mid to Higher geared players, cause its getting more and more hard to find propper geared players for ET, while the next raid already is public in Asia. And here most people havent even started with TT let alone ET.

So yeah at least its indirect NC-Softs fault.

16 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Indirect it is, yes.

1. NC-Soft continusly reduced material income / Farming spots making it harder for casual / New players to catch up. Reductions dont made it better and we all know what happend with the last so called "reduction" that made things way more expensive
2. with breaking their own philosophy, which i partial quoted, they made the difference between casher and non casher / casuals / new players even greater. That resulted in even more problems for lower geared to find proper groups.

As someone said, only the highest 4 dungeons are worthwhile to run, everything below is not worth the time you spend for them since you wont get anything rewarding, neither gold nor enough materials.

3. Less Gold/Mats in lower dungeons -> even more problems for lower geared to catch up.

And now it slowly start backfireing at the Mid to Higher geared players, cause its getting more and more hard to find propper geared players for ET, while the next raid already is public in Asia. And here most people havent even started with TT let alone ET.

So yeah at least its indirect NC-Softs fault.

Is there any point to complain here? Whales and nolifers dont care, and the publisher failed hard with the westernization.

il y a 54 minutes, Merlin DE a dit :

Thats what they have plausibly promised back in June 2015 ( https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/business-model-revealed/ )
Every buisness want to earn money and its ok but what NC-Soft did was just killing the game and grew a elitists toxic community buy making the difference between casuals and casher bigger and bigger.
Now we are at a point where it even gets hard to find decend geared players for ET and the next raid is comming up soon, while most players are not even have TT Gear.
Good game...

I find their statement ironic :

Citation

We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases.

Convenience at this point, became gear and power itself due to the "poor" development the game received. 

However, creating a bigger gap between casuals and cashers didn't only came from the different ways they found to milk the players, it also came from said poor development : would RNGboxes/Trove be so bad if there wasn't all this ridiculous amount of different items to upgrade ? The game has been grindy enough with the amount of dungeons + how many items we had back then. (it was fine before gloves)

It has been so bad that most of the people rather log into BnS considering it as a "chore" rather than a game because it literally barely offers anything nowadays in terms of contents.

Convenience here should mean people would pay to get extra materials, however they've betrayed their own words when they started handing out Dyad gems from RNGboxes. Getting a lot of gem powder/fragments would have been alright, you pay for something it's only normal you end up getting more than the people that does not pay but no they straight up gave the top-tier item, it literally skipped progress at this point and that's where the limit broke.

Weapon mats got the same fate, it seems better to skip raids rather than making them "pug"-able which I find this pretty stupid, it literally break the reason to play the actual game. No contents, especially raids, should be "irrelevant".

il y a 42 minutes, Grimoir a dit :

If you dig deeper, yes. Explained above : blablabla bad development, blablabla players, chore, not a game anymore -> only thing they want is to get rid of things fast enough so they don't waste much more time into Blade and Soul. You could ask them why don't they quit but the answers should be obvious.

Also all these "dungeon nerfs".. let's be very honest, it's a joke going both ways for NC Soft : 

- first, the dungeons became so braindead that any players could clear them..

- ... leading to the second -> what do you think they need to clear them without bothering themselves into learning the game ? Extra gear. (thus the 1.8k+ for ridiculous dungeons where it's literally almost impossible to wipe) 

It's like endlessly spamming reverse cards in UNO at this point lol.

• Like 1