Talisman Cost Adjustment and Crafting Changes Coming

Cyan

• NCSOFT

Coming next week for with the Golden Harvest Festival update will be a few changes to both the Talisman cost and crafting cost changes for Transformation Stones and Empyrean Spirit Stones.

The overall cost to craft Transformation Stones and Empyrean Spirit Stones will be reduced. You can see the new costs below.

Transformation Stone

Soulstone Moonstone Sacred Orb Elysian Orb
New

2 12 2
Old 16

16 4

Empyrean Spirit Stone

Soulstone Moonstone Sacred Orb Elysian Orb
New

20 100 20
Old 100

100 25

We will also be retroactively providing the difference in materials for each Transformation Stone and Empyrean Spirit Stone crafted since October 16. This means you’ll receive a refund difference of materials for each Transformation Stone and Empyrean Spirit Stone you’ve crafted between October 16 to November 13. The materials refund will be delivered during the maintenance to your Received Mail.

Talisman Changes

The Talisman item will have upgrade cost adjustments for the existing tiers, and a new tier, Morning Star, will be added as well. The Golden Harvest Festival event item Golden Nebula Stone provides additional reductions but is not reflected in the details below. Please see this Google Sheet for the adjustments to Talisman costs.

This covers the major item changes you’ll see for the Golden Harvest Festival. Keep an eye out for the patch notes next week for full Golden Harvest Festival event update details!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cured You said:

I don't want to be rude here, but are you people trying to close your game down? Why do a cost "adjustment" when instead you could just do a cost reduction like a normal competent company would do with a new tier being added?

I'm all for calling out NCSoft for the mistakes they make but did you open the sheet they provided? The overall cost of upgrading the existing talisman tiers went down by a lot. The only reason they're not calling it a reduction is because the replaced pet packs with transformation stones, one for one in many cases so still a lot cheaper.

Edited by Laneera

Is there a reason why you're giving players who crafted them, sold them, and made a profit a refund?

Shouldn't players who bought them at a ridiculous price to upgrade their gear be the ones getting a refund? 

I don't see the logic behind this.

Edited by PomfPomf
  • Like 2

Can we expect those same moonstone/empyrian recipe alterations ratio's on every batch size?

Without information the different batch sizes, I'm not really sure how this works out.

EDIT: The tradable materials rations are the same multipliers for batch, IE, 6 batch to 24 batch, you use x4 the materials, 64/16/64/16, so the ratios could be the same on every batch size easily for the refund.  I was thinking of the older crafting ratios where you got a discount for larger batch size.

Edited by ElectricPotato
  • Like 1

Oh reduction means that i got ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ pretty hard for all 700 units of transformation stones i bought last week to craft my oils ( still holding 300 units tho) and guess what youre refunding the sellers who crafted them and sold it for 20g each, pretty ncsoft exclusive decision making 

Quick question for the crafting change and compensation, will the system recognize if you made the 12 transformation batch versus the 24. I hope so because the amount of bound materials only changes by a factor between each stages, so there was no benefit in making a 24 stack versus a 12. @Cyan

More stupid decisions that will make even more players leave this already dead game.

• Transformation Stones do not need crafting cost reductions. We need to be able to craft them with untradable materials, aka Moonstone Crystals, Elysian Crystals, etc.
  • Where are the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ costs reductions for Grand Celestial 3-9?  Do you want us to be stuck at Aransu 9 forever?
  • Even more TS needed now for Talisman upgrades. Unbelievable.

Next weeks announcment / apollogize:

Zitat

The announcment of crafting cost reductions, that initially went out did have inaccurate information based off inaccurate documentation we had internally. We corrected this on the document so the costs seen in game are intended. That being said, there are no current plans to adjust the costs, but the feedback will be shared with the development team.

wouldnt wonder when we need PTS instead of the announced TS to upgrade the amulette LoL

So dont be to excited befor you see the real costs in game ;)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mizuki:

realy excited about the cost reduction for crafting transformation stones and Empyrean :3 thanks! and even refund!  realy nice

You seariously thanking NC-Soft?
This is not a freaking reduction thats messing around with players again to say "hey we care" while the just prepare the next punsh to your face

1. This so called reduction is just a reversion to the materials you needed befor patch from Okt.16th

2. you still will get only 24 instead of 35 transformation stones, at least i dont see anything that tells we will get more transformation stones then now.

So overall crafting transformation stones will still be more expensive than befor Okt 16th

And you realy say thank you?

LoL

2 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

So overall crafting transformation stones will still be more expensive than befor Okt 16th

Exactly. This "crafting change" will not fix sh*t. It's still 2x more expensive than pre-Oct16. I'm truly flabbergasted by how stingy this company is. Every piece of equipment costs an absolute fortune to enhance yet the amount of farmable source materials gets nerfed into oblivion. Enough with those braindead and half-assed "adjustements", we need HUGE costs reductions for EVERYTHING.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Ironwing:

Anyone who thinks this isn't a reduction really needs to get their brain checked and grab a dictionary...

Everyone who think Crafting cost for TS is a cost reduction should go back to school and learn some math

Pre Okt. 16th less materials needen and you got 35 TS

After Okt. 16th. you need more mats and get 11 less TS

After this patch you need the amount of mats you needed pre Okt.16th vut still get 11 TS less. At least i didnt see anything in the announcment stating they also increase the outcome of crafting TS.
So tell me where this is a reduction compared to Okt.16th.

Also Awakened Hongmoon Talisman Stage 5 -> True Hongmoon Talisman

Befor: 200 MS and elysian crytals, 21 blackstones
After: 150MS and Elysian crystals, 10 TS and 13 blackstones
you save 50 MS / elysian crystals and 8 blackstones but need 10 TS i highly doubt this is a real reduction ;) 

OK the other stages are getting cheaper, at least on first sight, cause you need less pet pouches but since the demand for TS will rise even further the price for TS will also rise. ill guess TS will rise up to 25-30gold each if not even higher.

Overall the raising demand for TS will make everything even more expensive. Simple Econemy ;)

Edited by Merlin DE

13 hours ago, Rysa said:

More stupid decisions that will make even more players leave this already dead game.

Only thing stupid is that they refund the ts so people that sold them get double profit now.

• Transformation Stones do not need crafting cost reductions. We need to be able to craft them with untradable materials, aka Moonstone Crystals, Elysian Crystals, etc.

Nothing got reduced they are still more expensive than before last patch.

• Where are the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ costs reductions for Grand Celestial 3-9?  Do you want us to be stuck at Aransu 9 forever?

Now this is something that does not really need a reduction anyone actively playing the game can upgrade that in a reasonable amount of time. What really needs a reduction are soul and heart.

• Even more TS needed now for Talisman upgrades. Unbelievable.

And less pet packs which make the cost overall much cheaper, learn to read and do some math.

Edited by Cor

21 hours ago, Laneera said:

I'm all for calling out NCSoft for the mistakes they make but did you open the sheet they provided? The overall cost of upgrading the existing talisman tiers went down by a lot. The only reason they're not calling it a reduction is because the replaced pet packs with transformation stones, one for one in many cases so still a lot cheaper.

guess how much TS will go up in price now that almost every stage of talisman requires it :))reduction my ass , EVERY player will now need +400 ts for talisman, it will be weapon "reduction" chaos all over again, it's exactly the same they removed some small useless crystals and they added hundreds of transformation stones :))

i was realy hoping the moonstone crystals etc do get reductions, replacing Pet Packs with TS is fine if you calculate the prices in gold, 30 TS = 600g and 8 Pet Packs (13 instead of 21) is about 1600g but a blank reduction instead of changes still would have performed better

Adjustments =/= reductions.

Don't feel surprised that you have to pay slightly higher for certain stages after the patch, they're balancing out the progressive cost of the Talisman meaning it just follows a certain new way of upgrading. (thus why you have t.stones everywhere, which will make some lower stages more expensive than before but some higher stages cheaper, don't ask me why) 

And before people QQ's at me that doesn't mean I agree with this. To be fair this item is half a mistake anyway, manually triggering it is a good concept but the stats are, once again, something not needed/over the top. Not sure why it's still too hard for NC Soft to make this game and its whole upgrading/gear system viable enough without having to spend 10 years nor 1 week to max your gear out. :HongWhat: