Suggestion For Challenge mode

Knumi

Currently in Cathedra Cliffs Challenge mode it is really hard to learn how to get bonus points from the boss, let alone actually running it because the fragments are only from the weekly challenge.

On top of that in Cathedra Cliffs Challenge mode, it introduces ice puddles and a shock wave from the bow Ayanka throws, and the only way to practice the movement and dodging the ice puddles and shock waves, is spending Challenger orb fragments.

There should be a way to practice challenge mode outside of just running it in hard mode because it doesn't reflect the actual mechanics of the fight. Maybe implement a Practice Challenger Orb purchasable in the dragon express, for a really reduced price to be able to spend the time to learn the fight with the newly implemented obstacles. If a Practice Challenger Orb was used have it reduce the total score by 100k, so that way it is physically impossible to get ranking on the challenge mode so that way u can gauge how well you are doing, unless you use one of the real orbs that you get from the Weekly Challenge.

People that are looking for this challenge are running into the hurdle of having to spend more than 1,000 gold per attempt to fail in 30 seconds of pulling the boss.

• Like 3

I think it should stay as is, people should be awarded of how they can  handle the challenge and not how they practice and hard code learn it.

If it would be allowed to practice it, whats the point of it being a challenge mode? then it would simply be the same as a hard mode dungeon which is not the point.

Also every time a new dungeon challenge starts the orbs cost a lot because desperate groups want to get them. over time the price drops massively as the market is being flooded.

Its a nice way for lesser geared players to make decent gold from doing weeklies on alts.

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I think it should stay as is, people should be awarded of how they can  handle the challenge and not how they practice and hard code learn it.

If it would be allowed to practice it, whats the point of it being a challenge mode? then it would simply be the same as a hard mode dungeon which is not the point.

This does not help learn how to get extra bonus points from challenge mode aside from theory crafting, then wasting orb fragments.

6 hours ago, Knumi said:

This does not help learn how to get extra bonus points from challenge mode aside from theory crafting, then wasting orb fragments.

that is the entire point of it being a challenge. Its not meant to be something you can immediately go it and get max.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

that is the entire point of it being a challenge. Its not meant to be something you can immediately go it and get max.

The same way easy mode is to practice hard mode mechanics, there should be a way to practice challenge mode.

Take PVP for example that has season rewards behind it, and there is a spar practice option , and in 6v6 a practice match that helps you get better. I don't see why competitive PvE shouldn't have a way to practice to learn to rank higher.

Tbh I think they should just remove all of these access orbs for a dungeon (HM, CS too). Why I have to pay like 1000g for 1 try? And in the end you get nothing, even when u did 1 phase, because someone got hit by the shockwave/ice puddles, which is a new mechanic and only in CM. So you waste your gold and time for nothing yay. Can't we just invest our time and try to get a good ranking without spending thousands of gold? But whatever I don't bother to do CM anymore

• Like 1

I think it should be changed. To learn the mechanics and execute a perfect run are still two different things. I'm mean

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

people should be awarded of how they can  handle the challenge and not how they practice and hard code learn it.

this is a nice idea, but it wasn't the developers thoughts in the first place, as we saw in the first two challenge mode dungeons. On the top of that you could bring up a whole new concept with a boss that has no fix rotation and no fix % for the phases for the real reaction challenge.

• Like 1

What the hell is this topic , seriously ? now you want a nerf challenge mode ,the hell is wrong with you  ? 

First you cry game is to  hard , ncsoft nerf the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of dungeons and all this game, now is braindead pew pew ,even with my alt 1400ap i can do solo dungeons 
    -aka rip hard mode ,because why would you use 3% of you brain to do something challenging in this boring game ? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??? 

Second you cry about raids are to hard , TT got nerfed to ground in not even 1 month 
    -aka you got deadbrain ET raid ,everyone cleared in 2h each boss 

Third you cry about oblivion bracelet , why would you farm 1-2 months  for an item when yo u can cry in forum
    -aka got nerfed to 1 week farm at 1 month of release ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing all the others players that spent ncoins/hmcoins for it

Fourth WHY THE ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ YOU DON'T CRY MORE so you get the most useless game ever, just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing cry to get all contents in game from now on at NPC for 10 silvers (( already upgrade to awaken stage 3 btw )
 --why would you struggle a little in game 
--why would you use your brain to achive something
--why would you REAL play the game 
--why would you whould you whould you 
--- ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ this , i'm out  , i glad i cancel my premium membership (( i had since day 1 i start play this game ) for this game and this crying community . 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Zuzuzuzuzu
correction

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zuzuzuzuzu:

What the hell is this topic , seriously ? now you want a nerf challenge mode ,the hell is wrong with you  ?

Maybe you should learn to read. Nobody wants a nerf, they could make it even harder imo, but I don't want to spend all my gold for it.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zuzuzuzuzu:

--- ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ this , i'm out  , i glad i cancel my premium membership (( i had since day 1 i start play this game ) for this game and this crying community . 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ok bye o/

honestly the orb requirement for entry should just be removed.

There's no logical reason or sense behind gating a competitive mode behind people being able to buy orb fragments.

All that should matter is how well people can actually complete the challenge. The dungeon itself gives nothing aside from the end of season rewards so what the hell is the point in limiting how much people can attempt it?

There isn't very much to do at endgame, everything is so unrewarding that nothing is worth spending time on farming. If there was no orb requirements for challenge mode it would at least give endgame players SOMETHING fun to do. But nah. NCSoft really don't give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about people actually having fun playing.