A Quick Update From Nico

Nico

• NCSOFT

Greetings, Warriors of the Earthen Realm!

I hope you all enjoyed watching the 2019 Blade & Soul World Championship! I just got back from a trip over to HQ where we got to find out more about the upcoming content for Blade & Soul, and in light of the surprise announcements at the end of the World Championship, I wanted to clarify what that means for us players here in the west.

The Unreal Engine 4 update you saw in the trailer is called “Blade & Soul: Complete” in Korea. As part of that update, Korea will introduce “Frontier World” – a separate server intended to show off the capabilities of Unreal Engine 4 with a focus on open-world Player vs Player and Realm vs Realm combat beginning in December. This server is currently intended only for Korea and there are no plans to bring it to the west.

But what does that mean for us players in the west? Well, first and foremost, it means we’re closer to getting the Unreal Engine 4 for live servers. It’ll take some time to work through the kinks, but we’re expecting Unreal Engine 4 visual updates to roll out to live servers in the west in 2020. We can’t wait until we have more concrete details to share with you!

In the meantime, we’re still on track for a major update in December, and we’ve got some surprises in store for our 4th anniversary – we’ll share more about the direction of the game in the next upcoming producer’s letter.  

-Nico Coutant, Blade & Soul Senior Producer

• Like 1

Great. We went from "Spring 2020 release" for UE4 to just "2020", doesn't bode well.

Also, what are you gonna do about your last 3 patchs failures? Where are the cost reductions for Grand Celestial 3-9 weapons? Where is the proper Easy mode with reduced HP as stated by your patch notes?

• Cyan pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, WaynePillukZulia said:

thanks for postponing more and more the agony of being in a badly optimized and bug-packed game, thanks again for giving the motions to play another game, the little hope I had with the trailer was downhill, blade $ soul is over really ... #VOUPlay LOSTARK

Personally i'd rather they delay it a bit and let the KR players be the test rabbits than deliver a bug filled client where all people would do is complain about issues.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

In the meantime, we’re still on track for a major update in December, and we’ve got some surprises in store for our 4th anniversary – we’ll share more about the direction of the game in the next upcoming producer’s letter.  

I appreciate the quick post and clearing up some things but honestly you always say on every anniversary that you have surprises and most of them are us again giving u money to enjoy the said anniversary. Getting tired of this,playing this game since it launched on the west but going nowhere with each anniversary.  Anyway hope we get UE4 soon, people can be patient  for so long.

14 minutes ago, Crimhare said:

visual. vi-su-al. And that of course will come with demand for new powerful graphics card. Well maybe they will fix bm 3rd spec visual stutters with it.

Arent 90% of the issues ppl have now due to visuals killing fps and the UE3 engine just being too poor to run properly? xD so in essence UE4 even visual upgrades will help a lot.

58 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Personally i'd rather they delay it a bit and let the KR players be the test rabbits than deliver a bug filled client where all people would do is complain about issues.

I would rather have that too but I've played this game long enough to know that they're going to release this in Korea, then have the players beta test it in production there, after which they'll patch the bugs people find to some degree. And then, months later, we get the same bug-ridden first release that KR got. They've done this before on multiple occasions.

Lol after this I say u can burn in ashes NCsoft not what I wanted to hear

how much time u want ??????????????
at this time all I want was fresh new serves , better ping serves , new combat , new pvp open world better performances and balanced all classes with better skill tree 
lest be honest here I want a better combat that is not air combat that u sen someone to air kill the player there that's just a trash mediocre combat I want a fair fights
and support the skill players U cant do nothing right after all this years
remove the p2w game make it more fair
WOW classic
Archage Unchained
u cant expect more time u cant bring this than forget it I barely play I don't support NCsoft no more no point of buying the premium membership since ur game lost it touch
ones a better MMO comes out I wont bother with bns

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

You must have forgotten how poorly tested the Storm of Arrows update was and the fact we had to beta test it for them.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Arent 90% of the issues ppl have now due to visuals killing fps and the UE3 engine just being too poor to run properly? xD so in essence UE4 even visual upgrades will help a lot.

Lost ark recently came out in Russia, it's on Ue3 and runs PERFECTLY WELL, it's not engine problem

90% don't complain about fps issues, 90% complain about how ncsoft manages this game