State of the game - Future State

DrustinTV

Hi guys, returning player here, with lots of questions for you !

I started back in what 2016 when it first opened, hit level 45 on a Blade Dancer and later a Warlock with that release.

( For some reason my account no longer exists, even support can't find my old BD Tsunami )

But ship happens, life goes on I'll start over !

So question time.

1. How is the community ( EU ) these days, I see a lot of mixed views on this on the forum and reddit.

2. With UE4 happening soon I hear, is it worth playing before that comes out.

2b. Will UE4 come with fresh servers.

2c. Will UE4 be a separate version of the game, back from the original released content and then expanded upon ( Basically a new game )

3. I quit the game when they added materials to the cash shop, it really seemed like a huge pay to win moment for the game and I rage quit and haven't been back since, was I right in that moment of rage or does it not really affect much.

4. Anything you want to add to persuade me to return or not to, go ahead i'm all ears.

Edited by DrustinTV

vor 33 Minuten schrieb DrustinTV:

How is the community ( EU ) these days, I see a lot of mixed views on this on the forum and reddit.

2c. Will UE4 be a separate version of the game, back from the original released content and then expanded upon ( Basically a new game )

3. I quit the game when they added materials to the cash shop, it really seemed like a huge pay to win moment for the game and I rage quit and haven't been back since, was I right in that moment of rage or does it not really affect much.

4. Anything you want to add to persuade me to return or not to, go ahead i'm all ears.

1. Its not as toxic as people describe the community just against the publisher and devs cause they constantly destroy the game and dont communicate at all. Everything looks like they just wanna milk their customers and dont care about their game experience thats why people are toxic towards nc.

But even nowdays you can go ask ingame "world chat" (faction chat) and ask stuff people will help you.

2. Like alot of people i doubt UE4 will come to our current game. There is a big possibility they release this game completly new with UE4 starting with lvl 45 cap. So it will probably be like this 1. UE4 release BNS Classic 2. UE3 loses players 3. UE4 gets bigger than UE3. 4. Finally UE3 gets shutdown cause of the lack of players 5. UE4 is at lvl 55 cap and UE3 closes.

Sure theese are just predicitons but how likely is it be that a Company like NC will release our whole content in UE4 at the same time ? Me and alot of players predict we will either have 2 seperate games or UE3 closes so if you really wanna start completly new you should wait for atleast an official announcement of UE4 and how they gonna do it and even if they announce it you still have to doubt it cause their announcements are mostly incorrect since they have a communication problem between KR and EU/NA.

3. I am sorry to say this but the game is way more pay to win nowdays mostly looking at 6v6 where you have to farm for months just to have a reasonable chance to fight back. You can buy nearly anything in Cash shop nowdays and usually RNG Boxes.

4. The game dosent have any serious competetion for most players unfourtunetly due to the lack of good action combat but if BNS would have a serious competition i doubt it would still be alive.

1 hour ago, DrustinTV said:

1. How is the community ( EU ) these days, I see a lot of mixed views on this on the forum and reddit.

2. UE4 is just an engine upgrade. See it roughly as a complete graphic overhaul. The core gameplay and mechanics stay the same it will just look and feel better. So you can safely start and progress as you will not loose that.

2b/2c: All you have to go on is a korean announcement, which is limited to korea only. there were no such announcements in other versions, so all this fuss you hear in forums and game are purely based on what people google translate and rumors.

3. the materials in the daily specials arent significant amounts and arent really p2w.

4. I would say if you really enjoy the game and want to play it again, just get on your character and play a bit, see how it is and then decide for yourself. Cause any other opin ions you will get are personal views.

Thanks for the replies guys, seems again mixed opinions on the game and future.

I guess I will keep playing a bit and see how it goes, I loved this game when it first came out, would hope that love continues, the combat is great fun.

I'm not a huge fan of PvP either, but it's not too bad here.

Also I would just say to you Grimoir, I was reading the producers letter on the English site for Blade and Soul, they have announced UE4 for our version .. sort of.

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/producers-letter-summer-2019/

" We know that the Unreal Engine 4 upgrade to Blade & Soul has been on everyone’s mind, and while we don’t anticipate the game upgrade to happen this year, rest assured that development is progressing and we hope to be able to share some more news about it in the coming months. Check out this video to get a sneak peek at the current progress. "

So they seem to be either working on it or waiting for KR to hand it over, but probably not this year, but who knows maybe we get a Christmas gift.

I would honestly prefer and it does seem far more logical from a development stand point, to start UE4 on a clean server from the start, at least that way they could release it sooner and work on porting the later expansions as the games live.

Although they will kill off the current version and will face backlash due to that, but it could be solved with compensation in the way of perhaps tiered rewards.

Anyone with a level 60 ( I think is the current cap ? ) could gain a nifty title, costume, some cash to spend in their store.

High ranking pvpers at 60 would also gain the same but maybe another title, costume or something related pvp wise to make them stand out.

Possibly give out a level 40/45 boost for each of those too, that would lower some of the complaints at least.

If they wait until the current content is completely ported to UE4, then we are looking at a 2030 release ! maybe, depends on current developers and cash flow.

I'll probably get some stick for even suggesting compensation now, bring it on ! :D