Forums

Speed run rewards crazy wrong?

ElectricPotato

**EDIT MOVING RESULTS TO THE TOP:

**CONCLUSION SUMMARY OF PROBLEMS WITH SPEED RUN

•   Category 2 top 50% normal reward was given out as soulstone crystals, sacred crystals instead of the chart listed moonstone crystals, elysian crystals (You're going to ninja edit the chart, aren't you?
  • Players received as many bundles of materials containing the listed quantity inside. (if you were expecting 20x soulstone, you got 20x bundle of 20x soulstone instead)
  • Participation and premium bonus for participation are misleadingly lumped together (not listed as premium, so if you get 4 participation items in a category with only 3 dungeons, you think something is wrong to begin with)Runs not counting for participation.  ( I did 1x each of the 4 category 2's, but only got 1x participation.   Did my random f8 groupmembers disqualify me if they ranked better in something else?)
  • Inconsistent naming makes identifying your rewards confusing. Don't use Top Tier twice, don't use mid-tier for the weakest category when there are 3 tiers and the middle one would be mid tier. Call them all category 1, 2, and 3 like the chart next time.

So, i checked my inbox today and

unknown.png

I had some participation reward.   Now, the weird thing is, was purposely playing very casually, and am pretty sure I only completed  1x BC, 1x DST, 1xCC, and 1xWC on one character during event period

What I imagine my separate problems are:

• Speedrun time period is significantly wrong, and or counting characters/runs multiple times(inproperly)
  • Dungeons/Catergories don't count properly
  • Single Candy participation has no premium bonus
  • Premium bonus for top 50% participation does not match the # of Top 50 rewards (premium is x10 bundles of w/e, standard is x20 bundles)
  • Too many bundles of premium and standard for 50% (3 dungeons in that category, should only be 3 bundles max

Since this is supposed to happen again, PLEASE FIX(so that the correct stuff goes out next time the speed runs happens instead of weird stuff like this time)

Edited by ElectricPotato

I can vouch that the listed issues are present in EU. My party made it in 10% category 2, but from what I see, we got a number of bundles of prem listed things at the rates of normal rewards and no normal rewards (moonstone crystals and elysians were listes as regular rewards and I saw none of it).

Bundle amounts:

Wracking my brain at the category1, 

unknown.png

So instead of giving out "10x ss+10x sacred", it gave out that many BUNDLES of (20ss+20sacred) per dungeon , and then the "5x ss+ 5x sacred" is that many BUNDLES of 10ss+10sacred per dungeon, with my 2 dungeon participation (from the candies awarded, whether i agree with that count or not).   The contents of the premium and standard bundles being different is kind of weird, also neither is listed as bundle on the chart/page.

I still remember leaving the daily challenge unfinished and only running the 4 category 2 dungeons once each.

Also, premium bonus for the pumpkin spice candies is still not explained.

CONCLUSION SUMMARY OF PROBLEMS WITH SPEED RUN

•   Category 2 top 50% normal reward was given out as soulstone crystals, sacred crystals instead of the chart listed moonstone crystals, elysian crystals (You're going to ninja edit the chart, aren't you?
  • Players received as many bundles of materials containing the listed quantity inside. (if you were expecting 20x soulstone, you got 20x bundle of 20x soulstone instead)
  • Participation and premium bonus for participation are misleadingly lumped together (not listed as premium, so if you get 4 participation items in a category with only 3 dungeons, you think something is wrong to begin with)
  • Runs not counting for participation.  ( I did 1x each of the 4 category 2's, but only got 1x participation.   Did my random f8 groupmembers disqualify me if they ranked better in something else?)

A fellow player gave me an image with his claim

unknown.png

Shows Mid Tier, and easy  mode.  rewards are characterist of category 1.  Multiplers are  5x (moonstone x5+ elysian x5)   for the moonstone bundle, sort of  follow the thinking.  For the participation, category 1 only has 3 dungeons, so we can infer the bonus jacko was lumped with the sandard, for 2 dungeon participation.    the Top 50% for category 1 are 10x ss/sacred, prem bonus x5 soulstone sacred.   If we infer that the player ranked in 2 Top50%,  20x normal, 10x premium  makes sense.

Using these inferences to make sense of my claim

unknown.png

It looks like I only have 1 participation reward for category 2 based on bonus jackerlanterns lumped together with standard.  50% top category 2 is 20x ms+20x elysian, with a premium bonus of 10x ss/sacred.  Instead my claim has 20x ss/sacred and 10x ss/sacred.

• NCSOFT
6 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

CONCLUSION SUMMARY OF PROBLEMS WITH SPEED RUN

• Participation and premium bonus for participation are misleadingly lumped together (not listed as premium, so if you get 4 participation items in a category with only 3 dungeons, you think something is wrong to begin with)
  • Runs not counting for participation.  ( I did 1x each of the 4 category 2's, but only got 1x participation.   Did my random f8 groupmembers disqualify me if they ranked better in something else?)

Hi there. We're looking into this and checking a few things. I wanted to clarify with you if I could. 

Your highest placement was in Cathedra Cliffs, so you received the top 50% rewards:

• 20x Moonstone Crystal, 20x Elysian Crystal
  • Premium Bonus: 10x Soulstone Crystal, 10x Sacred crystal

You did indeed run the other dungeons in the same category so you should have received 4x Pumpkin Spice Candy and an additional 4 for being a premium member, but you only got 2 total, is this correct?

unknown.png

Grabbed  fresh screencapture with character name.

Please note that the (EM) Top-Teir Top 50% award is soulstone crystals and sacred crystals rather than the ms/elysian (crystaled, you mentioned.

Next, the Easy mode participation is just the x2 pormpkins, rather than the 8 you suggest should be there.

Also, its awarding 20x the 20/20 crystal bundles, which may not have been intended. (the premium crystal reward is also being multiplied, in many cases if the chart lists xx of something, it ends up being xx BUNDLES of xx items).

my friend who got top 1% category 2 has an image, where their  (EM) Top-Teir Top 50% reward is not what you listed, but the same as mine

reward.PNG

EDIT: I hope my observations can help muscle out any flaws for the next speed run dealie in a week.

Edited by ElectricPotato

26 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

Please note that the (EM) Top-Teir Top 50% award is soulstone crystals and sacred crystals rather than the ms/elysian (crystaled, you mentioned.

And where are you getting this information from? Nowhere on the event page does it mention wtf "EM top tier" means. Unless they're going by some cryptic English, isn't "top tier" supposed to be more difficult/better than "mid tier"? So wouldn't that correspond to "category 2" which is BC/DST/WC/CC?

I ran DST with a group of ET-geared whales, how in the world did I not even make top 50% for "category 2" unless NCW is using some ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up timer? Instead I got a bunch of ss/sacred crystals which are complete trash. Only point of even bothering with this are the moonstone crystals.

38 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

And where are you getting this information from? Nowhere on the event page does it mention wtf "EM top tier" means. Unless they're going by some cryptic English, isn't "top tier" supposed to be more difficult/better than "mid tier"? So wouldn't that correspond to "category 2" which is BC/DST/WC/CC?

I ran DST with a group of ET-geared whales, how in the world did I not even make top 50% for "category 2" unless NCW is using some ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up timer? Instead I got a bunch of ss/sacred crystals which are complete trash. Only point of even bothering with this are the moonstone crystals.

I encourage you to reread the thread.  The specific line of mine you quoted is a response to Cyans specific questions, and references the screen capture of my item claim directly above it. 

I'm not saying we should have gotten the ss/sacred, I'm saying thats what plopped into my claim instead.

The tier description text I put together from players sharing their claim screen images with me which are included in above post.

• (EM) Mid Tier Top xx% --Category 1
  • (EM) Top Tier Top xx% -- Category 2
  • (HM) Top Tier Top xx% -- Category 3
  • Premium bonuses include the same text but with the word "Premium" in it

Participation rewards look different

• Easy mode participation reward (Category 1 OR 2)
  • Hardmode  participation reward (Category 3)

If you did not receive Category 2 rewards, perhaps you placed higher in 1 or 3, disqualifying you from C2 rewards.  If you like, post a screen of  your item claim and I can assist you with puzzling over which reward category you were in and such. 

In response to your concern about moonstone crystals, a major purpose of the thread is to demonstrate a problem with the below  circled box ,unknown.pngunknown.png

trying to demonstrate that ss/sacred crystals were given out in reality instead of the listed MS/Elysian.

Edited by ElectricPotato

1 hour ago, ElectricPotato said:

I encourage you to reread the thread.  The specific line of mine you quoted is a response to Cyans specific questions, and references the screen capture of my item claim directly above it. 

I'm not saying we should have gotten the ss/sacred, I'm saying thats what plopped into my claim instead.

The tier description text I put together from players sharing their claim screen images with me which are included in above post.

• (EM) Mid Tier Top xx% --Category 1
  • (EM) Top Tier Top xx% -- Category 2
  • (HM) Top Tier Top xx% -- Category 3
  • Premium bonuses include the same text but with the word "Premium" in it

Participation rewards look different

• Easy mode participation reward (Category 1 OR 2)
  • Hardmode  participation reward (Category 3)

If you did not receive Category 2 rewards, perhaps you placed higher in 1 or 3, disqualifying you from C2 rewards.  If you like, post a screen of  your item claim and I can assist you with puzzling over which reward category you were in and such. 

In response to your concern about moonstone crystals, a major purpose of the thread is to demonstrate a problem with the below  circled box ,unknown.pngunknown.png

trying to demonstrate that ss/sacred crystals were given out in reality instead of the listed MS/Elysian.

If your post was responding to NCW then yeah that makes sense, grammar is funny sometimes, I thought you were indicating that ss/sacred crystals are the CORRECT reward. In my reward box I got exact same one as your screenshot, "(EM) top tier top 50%" which I assume should be category 2, the ms/elysian crystals, NOT the ss/sacred crystals that we got. So now we're on the same page.

NCW, explanation?

Edited by PetPuggi

If it was something that they had to ask the KR team about (sounds like they're staffed pretty light in the programmer end of things lately, so I assume they would ask overseas about it), with the time difference and NCWEST closing up shop for the day soon, we probably won't hear back until tomorrow at the earliest.  If either end needs to get more info, etc, it could add more time to any response.

7 minutes ago, Miggy Miggs said:

are you guys talking about bns here ???lol i dont have a clue what u guys talking about when did they implement speed run rewards lol am lost.

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/dungeon-speed-run-event/

You have another chance this coming week, but for sure the rewards will not be as good.

3 hours ago, Hauntedd said:

Miscommunication? Incorrect rewards? Misinformation? pick your poison.

???? 

Overall, a very good event, a few mishaps here and there with the categories and grouping which have obviously been highlighted. 
Yeah the rewards were definitely incorrectly applied. Everyone got a bunch, of rewards, even for a casual player like me (I am able to clear the hardmode stuff) who logs in for dailies was able to achieve what would have been 40x soulstones 40x sacred crystals (instead it was 20x bundles so I got 800 of each).

No complaints here, for the minimal effort and time one put in, even with the proposed CORRECT rewards, it still would have been really nice. 

19 hours ago, Hellfeather said:

???? 

Overall, a very good event, a few mishaps here and there with the categories and grouping which have obviously been highlighted. 
Yeah the rewards were definitely incorrectly applied. Everyone got a bunch, of rewards, even for a casual player like me (I am able to clear the hardmode stuff) who logs in for dailies was able to achieve what would have been 40x soulstones 40x sacred crystals (instead it was 20x bundles so I got 800 of each).

No complaints here, for the minimal effort and time one put in, even with the proposed CORRECT rewards, it still would have been really nice. 

You do realize ss/sacred crystals are COMPLETELY useless for like 50%+ of players right? When we have like 10k of each and no endgame gear requires them or require them in minuscule amounts? I'd rather take my CORRECT rewards of just 20 moonstone/elysian crystals than this ss/sacred crystal trash. You also realize there are people who actually put in effort in the event? Claiming that the event gave you free stuff for not putting in any effort therefore it must be good, despite giving completely wrong rewards, is a complete bogus argument.

Edited by PetPuggi

• NCSOFT

Hi all,  

I wanted to give a quick update on this. For Category 2 the top 50% incorrectly listed Moonstone Crystals and Elysian Crystals instead of the intended reward of Soulstone Crystals and Sacred Crystals, the article has been updated to reflect this. As for the extra rewards being sent out, this was not intended but we will not be removing them. Lastly, we have identified some accounts that did not receive the participation prizes for other dungeons they ran within their placed category and will be distributing them as soon as we can. 

I also wanted to thank everyone for the reports on this, we've made adjustments for the data pulling for this coming weekend's event. Also, a reminder that if you place in a higher percentage in a lower category you'll be placed in that category. This means if you got top 10% in Category 3, but placed top 1% in Category 2 you'd be placed in Category 2.

Thank you.

Why I'm not surprised? :giggle:

One day we will get patch notes or event description that will prove to be accurate, and we won't know what happened there. Lately I prefer to laugh at things like this, in the end it's only a game. You just have to learn to not trust a single thing they say about the game, and if you do that, playing is always an adventure. You never know what will happen next, like surprise changes to the game hidden in patch notes, changes that are completely different as stated, different rewards that change after you get them... I used to get angry about that but not anymore, I guess I'm just tired of getting disapointed. What amuses me the most is that most of the time, they seem to be as surprised about the changes as we are.

Edited by Toshiwoshi