How does the support team work?

Megued

Just to check if I understand this right. After supporting the game from it's initial launch with a purchase of a Master Founder Pack, countless NCoin purchases, long premium membership and recent purchase of a lvl 60 booster and a name change voucher ( to use my own-old-name on the new char) I'm being denied assistance in the mater where the name was not available after few hours so I just took a placeholder name expecting it to be a bug and support will handle the name change later. Because supposedly the hidden 24 hours lock on the name after using a name change voucher is "working as intended".

And I'm saying "hidden" because it is nowhere in the item description, was I supposed to google to find that information, was I expected to know that an item doesn't work as it's description?

I'm being denied any kind of assistance, be it manual name change or a free voucher to actually do what I paid for. Do I understand that right?

And why exactly should I search for how an item functions when it has it's own description, and since it does not state anything about the 24h lock, it does not function as intended.

I don't know if you read what you linked, but it's only about the procedure about how to get a name that was used and is now on an inactive character/account.

Because the way an item works, and actual mechanics of the "gmae" are 2 different things. The item allows you to change the name of your character, and thats what it does, thats its purpose and it works as intended.

The fact games have a 24 hour lock on them, has nothing to do with the item.

Sorry but that one is on you. You yourselfe made the decision to use this "placeholder name". The Support did not give you this placeholder name so either buy another ticket or live with it.

If you buy something and use it but decide you dont want it anymore its not the sellers fault. A hard example you cannot buy food and eat it but in the end say it tasted bad so i want another plate of food. There is nothing you can give back since you used it till there is nothing left.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Because the way an item works, and actual mechanics of the "gmae" are 2 different things. The item allows you to change the name of your character, and thats what it does, thats its purpose and it works as intended.

The fact games have a 24 hour lock on them, has nothing to do with the item.

Actually that is not correct. The item is part of the game, and as such it should fully state of what it does, in this case it does 2 things:

1. renames your character

2. Locks the changed name for 24h

This is not stated in the item itself, and is known only by the staff members and users who already went trough this, which then again if you take consumers law in consideration is not legal.

59 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Sorry but that one is on you. You yourselfe made the decision to use this "placeholder name". The Support did not give you this placeholder name so either buy another ticket or live with it.

If you buy something and use it but decide you dont want it anymore its not the sellers fault. A hard example you cannot buy food and eat it but in the end say it tasted bad so i want another plate of food. There is nothing you can give back since you used it till there is nothing left.

A harder example: imagine you are allergic to peanuts, you buy some food, on the product it doesn't state it contains peanuts so you eat it. You end up in the hospital but it's your fault because you don't know how the food is made in the kitchen.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Megued:

A harder example: imagine you are allergic to peanuts, you buy some food, on the product it doesn't state it contains peanuts so you eat it. You end up in the hospital but it's your fault because you don't know how the food is made in the kitchen.

As far as i know the item only states that i can change your name and it does exactly that. In terms of peanuts its doing additional things which where not advitised but this Name chance voucher did exactly what it was advitised for.

28 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

As far as i know the item only states that i can change your name and it does exactly that. In terms of peanuts its doing additional things which where not advitised but this Name chance voucher did exactly what it was advitised for.

Like I said before this is not correct. It does 2 things:

1. renames your character

2. Locks the changed name for 24h

It was advised for changing the name, NOT also locking it for further use for 24h which it did.

Tell me more about how you would like to purchase an item that states something, but in the background does other things as well.

2 hours ago, Megued said:

It was advised for changing the name, NOT also locking it for further use for 24h which it did.

Tell me more about how you would like to purchase an item that states something, but in the background does other things as well.

Its not the item that locks the name. Thats simply how the system is setup. It has nothing to do with the name change voucher as the voucher does not lock the name.

8 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Its not the item that locks the name. Thats simply how the system is setup. It has nothing to do with the name change voucher as the voucher does not lock the name.

I won't go into programming and system details. But the item is part of the game, therefore it's part of the games system. But let's go with your understanding, the item works so that the system changes your name, but it also makes the system lock the name, now why do you think the system locked the name? Right, because the item was used, therefore it's caused by the item itself, which is not stated in it's description.

Each and every item used should fully describe what it does. By your logic, if you purchase an item that gives you end game gear, and then in the background deletes your account is fine, because you got the end game gear.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Megued:

Like Grimoir said:

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

The Name Change voucher itselfe does not lock the name its the system in the background which is something totally different than a peanut which itselfe does kill you even if its not advitised.

If you had thought about it one second you could have guessed why your name is locked.

Back then in 2016 people used to sell their names (rare but some did) and i think thats the reason they created this lock if it not already existed.

Anyway you used the ticket without thinking. You did not ask why you cant use your name and you chose a name. In the end its your own fault for not researching enough. The Item did what it was supposed to do it changed your name ! So if you still want to change your name to the one you wanted buy another ticket and use it correctly this time.

I understand your frustration but as i/we see it you bought an item and used it like it was advitised to but now you cry cause it did not exactly what you had in your mind.

15 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

The Name Change voucher itselfe does not lock the name its the system in the background which is something totally different than a peanut which itselfe does kill you even if its not advitised.

Anyway you used the ticket without thinking. You did not ask why you cant use your name and you chose a name. In the end its your own fault for not researching enough. The Item did what it was supposed to do it changed your name ! So if you still want to change your name to the one you wanted buy another ticket and use it correctly this time.

Like I wrote here:

32 minutes ago, Megued said:

I won't go into programming and system details. But the item is part of the game, therefore it's part of the games system. But let's go with your understanding, the item works so that the system changes your name, but it also makes the system lock the name, now why do you think the system locked the name? Right, because the item was used, therefore it's caused by the item itself, which is not stated in it's description.

Each and every item used should fully describe what it does. By your logic, if you purchase an item that gives you end game gear, and then in the background deletes your account is fine, because you got the end game gear.

15 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

The Item did what it was supposed to do it changed your name !

It's not the item that did this, it's the system by using the item. 

Edited by Megued

OP, be glad you did not change your characters name around the launch of the game.

It would lock out the name entirely for 1 whole year. 365 days. Whether you were a Master Pack Founder or not and support could not help. This is one of those things unfortunately beyond their hands.

1 minute ago, marshmallow said:

OP, be glad you did not change your characters name around the launch of the game.

It would lock out the name entirely for 1 whole year. 365 days. Whether you were a Master Pack Founder or not and support could not help. This is one of those things unfortunately beyond their hands.

Sadly it's one thing of what can and can't be done, compared to what they want to do. Their saying of "unfortunately we do not offer such a service" is just a formal way of saying "we don't want to put any resources into doing this".

I don't know of any system that offers an item to do something, and that the exact same thing can't be done manually.

The initial lock of 1 year could have been also to prevent selling names and such, but it's a completely different story if the change is supposed to be done on the same account.

And I'll stay to my point, which not many seem to understand, "any and all items/products should (and actually by consumer protection have to) fully describe/inform the user/consumer of what the item/product they purchase does", which in this case is not true.

Some also don't seem to understand that an in game item, is part of it's system, so anything and all that the item does is by fact part of the system itself.