Weapon "reductions"

MeatMachine

Sadly.. ninja nerfs and changes have been a part of NCsoft's playbook since ages ago. It's nothing new and those countless ninja nerfs/changes have caught just as many players off-guard. Each patch is filled with changes, nerfs and on the rare occasion buffs that is not announced/notified to the general player base. It's again, normal sadly.

• Like 1

@Cyan , good day.
A lot of the cost increases that came with the patch are also driven by the changes to the crafting, are the cost increases to crafting transformation stones intended as well?

Edited by Anteras

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Corvenir:

It's time to get real here, release crafting Bound to Account Transformation stones.

Jarke and Keroppi are right, this crap is just disheartening.

Well introducint account bound transformation stones craftable with crystals wont solve much of the problem as long as we dont get valuable farming spots.
while the need for meaterials constantly increases the supply keep the same or even is lowered. Back in time we had a lot of dungeons where we could farm mats. nearly every dungeon from purple train gave a material chest from the field quest and even the boss dropped material chests that went into the auction. So you either could bid on the chest or made a little bid of money.
It all was removed and now we have just 3 or 4 dungeons left where you could get some mats.
MSP is not realy worth farming anymore since sacred orbs are way to expensive. to open the chests of 1 weekend run you need 24 orbs worth between 48 and 60 gold on EU.

If you dont get a few evolved stones its a huge loss. Even you get a few sacred orbs from the chest it wont compensate when you are unlucky with the drops.

So without adding new and overall valuable farmingspots adding accountbound transformationstones wont help much

Am 19.10.2019 um 00:25 schrieb Cyan:

The Google Doc that initially went out did have inaccurate information based off inaccurate documentation we had internally. We corrected this on the document so the costs seen in game are intended. That being said, there are no current plans to adjust the costs, but the feedback will be shared with the development team.

Interesting. so on Tuesday we get the info (wrong one whatsoever) and are told without any delay that stuff gets cheaper. However during patch you swap this out. I actually will not accept this nonsense of "internal" incompetence within your dev team or pr group. Patch notews are a mess for plenty patches now. As already addressed ask your community to translate things if you have nobody fluent in their respective language... not my point here.

Right nyow I demand a refund option for a certain time from now on. There are a couple players including myself sitting on the regular mats to upgrade for aransu, but waited since NC pretended it would decrease. Now we cant upgrade since you increased stuff instead. Its your choice to loose players giving this not any longer poor communication.

What are your thoughts about this?

Further how did the idea to scrap material boxes fit into cheaper upgrades? I almost have the feeling NC does not want players to progress but instead bottleneck them around aransu, which  brings up the quetion: "Why?!"

We get almost everything stuffed into our belongings up to vt content, but from here on people are ment to be stuck for? Am looking forward an actual statement from dev team because they kinda seem overworked or something idk. Such a major mistake is anything bout a mistake.

As always, I am glad you're here for us @Cyan. Keep up your good work, and kick some arse so devs do a solid job again.

Cheers

Well even its just another stealthy increas of costs, it is the last thing i worry about. A much higher impact had the changes they did to the transformationstones and overall now needed materials for upgrading the weapon.

1. you now need more materials and get 11 less Transformationstones (24 instead of 35) Price for Transformationstones went up by over 60% great job NC-Soft

2. you need a hell of a lot transformation stones to upgrade the weapons, what make upgrading even more expensive then before, where we needed Premium transformation stones. 

I have crafted a few PTS to upgrade my alt to Aransu 9, since i was stupid enough to belive the bullshit NC-Soft has published befor the patch was relased. Well these PTS are now useless, cause i need normal transformationstones and even selling the PTS wont cover the costs to buy the needed Transformationstones since their price is skyrocketing and my mats, i could use to craft them where used to craft PTS

So Yeah thanks a lot again NC-Soft. ... Internal misscommunication and wrong documentation ... that seems to be a very common problem and the playerbase always have to pay for your freaking bullshit

Edited by Merlin DE

18 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

Well introducint account bound transformation stones craftable with crystals wont solve much of the problem as long as we dont get valuable farming spots.
while the need for meaterials constantly increases the supply keep the same or even is lowered. Back in time we had a lot of dungeons where we could farm mats. nearly every dungeon from purple train gave a material chest from the field quest and even the boss dropped material chests that went into the auction. So you either could bid on the chest or made a little bid of money.
It all was removed and now we have just 3 or 4 dungeons left where you could get some mats.
MSP is not realy worth farming anymore since sacred orbs are way to expensive. to open the chests of 1 weekend run you need 24 orbs worth between 48 and 60 gold on EU.

If you dont get a few evolved stones its a huge loss. Even you get a few sacred orbs from the chest it wont compensate when you are unlucky with the drops.

So without adding new and overall valuable farmingspots adding accountbound transformationstones wont help much

This.

Don't forget that in order to make the upgrade 'less gold heavy' they increased the acc bind materials so summed up we need way more materials (tradeable for TS and untradeable for upgrade) without an improvement in farming these materials.

My main has to be fully supported by 5 alts to even reach a decent pug ap while i simple have not enough spare mats to upgrade alts gear. Plus there is this little trick where aransu9-gc3 is not a real 'upgrade' at all and all i can do is to give up weapon upgrade for half an eternity.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Sahto:

Interesting. so on Tuesday we get the info (wrong one whatsoever) and are told without any delay that stuff gets cheaper. However during patch you swap this out. I actually will not accept this nonsense of "internal" incompetence within your dev team or pr group. Patch notews are a mess for plenty patches now. As already addressed ask your community to translate things if you have nobody fluent in their respective language... not my point here.

It not the first time they did bullshit like this. I remeber  the first time they reduced upgrade costs for the fist Light / Dark legendary weapon, the one you got when upgrading the old Hongmoon-Weapon (its not in the game anymore). You needed another upgraded Hongmoon weapon for the breakthrough from stage 2 to stage 3 (or was it 3 to 4, dont remember)
Many players bought another hongmoon weapon and start upgrading it, so they could upgrade their Legendary weapon after patch.
Sadly NC-Soft doenst take patchnotes serious and (intentionaly) forgot to inform that you dont need the upgraded Waepon anymore and that it would be replaced by the Asura-Weapon.

Many people bought Monnwater keys in F10 with N-Coins to upgrade the hongmoon weapon you needed.
After patch we all where shoked to se we dont need this weapon anymore for a breakthrough.
Well Support offered to change the upgreaded weapon to the newly needed but most of us already had this weapon in our storage anyway. Support denied to refund the wasted Materials / Gold and even to refund Money / N-coins spend to buy chests. They also excused it with misscommunication, but since they also refused to refund Money / N-Coins for bought Moonwater Keys (which where only available from F10 at this time) i still call it intentional comercial Fraud. (if it wasnt intentional and just a mistake, they would at least have refunded the money people lost due to their incompetence)

Right nyow I demand a refund option for a certain time from now on. There are a couple players including myself sitting on the regular mats to upgrade for aransu, but waited since NC pretended it would decrease. Now we cant upgrade since you increased stuff instead. Its your choice to loose players giving this not any longer poor communication.

see above, they wont give a crap about what we demanding and wont care at all

Further how did the idea to scrap material boxes fit into cheaper upgrades? I almost have the feeling NC does not want players to progress but instead bottleneck them around aransu, which  brings up the quetion: "Why?!"

They always screew up the playerbase one way or the other since game was released

Am looking forward an actual statement from dev team because they kinda seem overworked or something idk. Such a major mistake is anything bout a mistake.

I hope you have enough food / water in storage cause else you would starve to death befor you get an statement. They will do what they always do, silence every problem to death until it went to oblivion. At its best they just come up with some half-hearted apologies, no one realy believes

Edited by Merlin DE

4 hours ago, SilentOne said:

My main has to be fully supported by 5 alts to even reach a decent pug ap while i simple have not enough spare mats to upgrade alts gear.

It's all going down to a few problems, that could easily be solved, if the developers would want to. Maybe they are even working on something new, but at the moment it would be nice to know their thoughts to the current state of the game. Of course there is not the "one perfect solution" without cons, but as the many people stated out these days, it can't stay like it is. But sadly it seems we're not heared by the developers yet.

1. Make materials better farmable for focusing on 1 character than playing multiple. Could be achieved by making an account wide daily challenge, which can be done by one character, instead of the mulitple character DC we have now. With the reduction to one farmable daily challenge reward per account per day, the overall reward for the challenge should be increased (triple the reward or something like this).

2. Completly seperate endgame upgrading materials from the lower stages and tiers. Implementing the new type of jewels was a step in the right direction, but not consequent enough. New and "midgame" players should not be affected by the endgame economy. The materials have been streamlined to the point where the gaming experience suffers too much. In the early days of BnS every zone had it's own transformation stones with mostly different crafting materials. Now we have one transformation stone from the lowest to the highest stage, which is also needed for premium transformation stones, oils, ...

We don't need to go back to the old times, but a new update with a new weapon and new stages for soul, heart, talisman, pet and accessories needs a completly new stage of materials. Something new to the market, without any dependence on older materials, making older stuff cheaper and easier to obtain by trading. This would also solve a big part of the reduction cost discussion every update, where people get their items resetted or not. Because with new materials, the developers wouldn't need to reduce the old costs, instead they could make the old materials easier to obtain, which simply can't be done in the current system as it would make the endgame way faster.

New materials people actually need to farm from the date of the update and can't simply hoard materials, heavily influence the market and be max. stage on the first day the update hits. The only thing valuable for max geared people should be the gold to bid against each other on those new items in the new dungeons and zones.

The second point is something like a revolution to the current system, but please NCwest staff @Hime @Cyan and all the others carry on the feedback, the game needs more little things that can be adjusted separatly without causing chaos from the players point of view. At the moment it's like every attempt to change something is bringing up more and more construction sides, where the community starts to worry about the future game design.

Edited by Nemises

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Nemises:

2. Completly seperate endgame upgrading materials from the lower stages and tiers. Implementing the new type of jewels was a step in the right direction, but not consequent enough. New and "midgame" players should not be affected by the endgame economy. The materials have been streamlined to the point where the gaming experience suffers too much. In the early days of BnS every zone had it's own transformation stones with mostly different crafting materials. Now we have one transformation stone from the lowest to the highest stage, which is also needed for premium transformation stones, oils, ...

We don't need to go back to the old times, but a new update with a new weapon and new stages for soul, heart, talisman, pet and accessories needs a completly new stage of materials. Something new to the market, without any dependence on older materials, making older stuff cheaper and easier to obtain by trading. This would also solve a big part of the reduction cost discussion every update, where people get their items resetted or not. Because with new materials, the developers wouldn't need to reduce the old costs, instead they could make the old materials easier to obtain, which simply can't be done in the current system as it would make the endgame way faster.

New materials people actually need to farm from the date of the update and can't simply hoard materials, heavily influence the market and be max. stage on the first day the update hits. The only thing valuable for max geared people should be the gold to bid against each other on those new items in the new dungeons and zones.

Well these problems are handmade and seems to be intended. In the past we also need quite a lot of materials but we got way more dungeons to get our stuff, including gold.

With just one char you could do dungeons like awakend necro, lair of fronzen fang, asura, nexus, stattered masts, glomdross, desolate tomb, ebondrake liar, naryu foundry, naryu sanctum and not only got mats from the dynamic / daily quest but also with from the boss drop itself, which went to auction. So you either could get some money or bid on the mats.
Now with every new dungeon 2,3,4 older dungeons get materialdrops removed and gold reward nerved, making it useless to run.

Instead of nerving older content and remove mats, make them valuable again. Increase the boss HP add the mechanics again and let player do these dungeons again to get some mats. Ill guess most players would be thankfull for some variety instead of running the same 3,4 duungens over and over again.

This way you could make old content usefull again instead of just wasting space on the harddrive.

At the current state of the game you could remove every dungeon below starstone mine and no one would even notice.

Adding even more and new materials would just cause more mess with already extrem limited storage space. (Obsidian, Silver, Onyx and the new fragments / scales are just an example)

Add Material Chests to the Boss loot, when i do CC and see the loot i dont know if i should laugh or cry, thats redicolous, sometimes you have just i item, the new scale fragments.
No one realy need the Material chest for crafting guilds, but everyone need common mats for upgrades.

Making mats available at boss loot auctions would also increase the goldflow again

But why im typing ths wall of text? NC-Soft dont give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ anyways, like they always did...

34 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Adding even more and new materials would just cause more mess with already extrem limited storage space. (Obsidian, Silver, Onyx and the new fragments / scales are just an example)

I don't see a real problem at this point.

What players can do:

1. Nobody has to hoard all possibile upgrade items.

2. Even if not hoarding all, many people just hold materials on characters, that doesn't need them anymore. (Do you really need blackstone fragments/stones on your main anymore? By the time someone starts a second stack, he/she should really think about it)

3. If a second character need that material, that's the inventory this item should be in.

What developers can do:

4. The developers should stop introducing fragments and items. If they want us to farm longer, just raise the amount of items needed. Fragments are really wasted inventory space and coding. Scales, ToI tokens, Blood Stones, all solo dungeon coins...

5. Three different types of raid bufffood from weeklies, halloween event, thanksgiving event. That's 9 instead of 3 times, if the item gives the same stats, don't implement it just with another icon.

6. Quick Revival Charm, Hongmoon Instant Revival Charm, Rapid Resurrection Charm, Revival charm. Ok you can say they have different cooldown times, but who actually needs four versions of this item? Simplify by making one, or do it like other players and throw 3/4 out of the inventory.

7. Normal keys to open treasure chests (weapon chests). This item is obsolet these days, what is the purpose of this item since the game is flooded with it?

8. Why are gems not stackable in the inventory?

9. There are many more items to think over....

Gladly I don't have any issues with inventory space, but this one goes far offtopic now. Maybe that should be the topic of another discussion.

• Like 1

In truth, at this point in time, TPTB don't care what we have to say. Cyan's statement is proof of that. "They'll discuss it." They'll no such a thing. The only thing that will catch their attention is a reduction in sales to the point that it affects their monthly profit margin. Vote with your wallet, stop playing for a month or two, let sales lag, then they might revisit this. That's the only way to get the attention of companies like this.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb StrykerGaming:

In truth, at this point in time, TPTB don't care what we have to say. Cyan's statement is proof of that. "They'll discuss it." They'll no such a thing. The only thing that will catch their attention is a reduction in sales to the point that it affects their monthly profit margin. Vote with your wallet, stop playing for a month or two, let sales lag, then they might revisit this. That's the only way to get the attention of companies like this.

I gurantee you their answer will be different than you think. Hardcore casher do not care if we want to vote with our wallet they will buy anything which helps them progress faster.

NCs answer to your plan would be even more Cashshop Boxes so they still earn the same or even more.

I mean they sorta listened and removed unity boxes. Which made 0 sense after all.

So making the list of needed materials shorter is a good step. But also making mats to craft the same impossible to horde is an utter turn we do not agree upon as playerbase.

And sure the ofter didnt listen, but their fancy new employee (last producers letter) was just hired to deal with  us, still by any means poor @Cyanand @Hime are the ones we overrun with everything, because they listened before. However I dont see Bloodlusts point of screwing the west :/

Zitat

enough food / water

Silver Cauldron actually pays out til today cost wise

Zitat

Well these problems are handmade and seems to be intended. In the past we also need quite a lot of materials but we got way more dungeons to get our stuff, including gold.

With just one char you could do dungeons like awakend necro, lair of fronzen fang, asura, nexus, stattered masts, glomdross, desolate tomb, ebondrake liar, naryu foundry, naryu sanctum and not only got mats from the dynamic / daily quest but also with from the boss drop itself, which went to auction. So you either could get some money or bid on the mats.
Now with every new dungeon 2,3,4 older dungeons get materialdrops removed and gold reward nerved, making it useless to run.

sorta true. Still NC decided to nuff each and every new/old dungeon. and also removing some dungeons already :/

Zitat

Instead of nerving older content and remove mats, make them valuable again. Increase the boss HP add the mechanics again and let player do these dungeons again to get some mats. Ill guess most players would be thankfull for some variety instead of running the same 3,4 duungens over and over again.

Thats the direction we'd need. only hardmode instead of rightclick simulator.

Zitat

Adding even more and new materials would just cause more mess with already extrem limited storage space.

such as naryu tablets, which suprisingly they cant remove - seemingly to prevent crucial errors. But hey, cash premium and you get more storage. btw, is it true you simply cannot unlock the complete first storage Oo?=

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Merlin DE:

But why im typing ths wall of text? NC-Soft dont give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ anyways, like they always did...

and still we attempt and belief in common sense amongs people who only try milking us nowadays

2 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

I gurantee you their answer will be different than you think. Hardcore casher do not care if we want to vote with our wallet they will buy anything which helps them progress faster.

NCs answer to your plan would be even more Cashshop Boxes so they still earn the same or even more.

That can only hold them afloat for so long. When the population dwindles down to the point that even these "Hardcore Cashers" cannot help. If they felt a 5 - 7% dip in net profit and a mass unsubscribe hits them, you can bet they'd take notice. SWTOR learned their lesson on that quick when they dropped 5.0 and nerfed the companions by 80%.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Sahto:

btw, is it true you simply cannot unlock the complete first storage Oo?

the bottom 4 rows of the basic vault are blocked/locked (well unless there is some unknown and super rare magical  C-4 to clear them)

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Rysa:

So what's NCSoft's plan for addressing this disaster? Everyone at GC3 is stuck forever because of the TS bottleneck. What are you going to do about it @Cyan ?

The default plan, silence the problem to oblivian and add more RNG-Boxes / materials to F10

vor 5 Stunden schrieb WinRaveck:

Any feedback or agreement within the developer team and community team @Cyan

you realy expect an answer? Since it seems like NC-Soft didnt arrive at the age of Emails / Telephone and Videoconference and seems to use still snail mail (and not even air-mail) it would take a few weeks to send letters back and for ;)

Also their team is occupied with other problems, for example how to milk even more money out of the left players, which is way more importend, then to solve the mess they made with the last patches.
So dont expect any informations soon...

@Cyan du you realy think you can silence this issue to dead?

Over 2 weeks and still only your bad excuse about people who seems not be be able to communicate properly and are bold enough to advertise a raise of costs as reduction.

This thread wont get to oblivion.

Im still sitting on a few Premium transformation stones craftet due to your freaking false advertiseing, lost a lot of mats crafting them and now selling them wont even cover the costs of the redicolous amount of  transormaton stones i need to upgrade

When will you and your team finaly do your job you get paid for and start communicating with the community?