AMD RX 5700XT Performing bad on BNS

TheNineTailedFox

Hi,

Now before NVIDIA fans start bashing on AMD; it is not what this topic is about.

After a 2 months break, I got myself a new high end gaming pc. I expected BNS to be a piece of cake for the new system to run, although the results were far below my expectations.

So here's the story:

• Whenever I was standing in the crowd (Mushin's), I experienced huge stuttering, FPS drops, and FPS stable between 25-45. Which is similar to my old GTX 960m.
  • I have seen a GTX 1080 performing twice/trice as good in BNS.
  • However, my FPS runs at 120 in non-crowded areas such as 1v1 arena. Which is as it should be.
  • I have DX12 installed and my drivers are uptodate.
  • I am completely new to AMD and I have no clue what I am missing. Freesync and anti-lag are both toggled on.
  • To say it nicely, BNS is not the best optimized game. Many of us are aware of that. But that cannot be the reason why a high end build has so much trouble running it.

I am using an RX 5700XT, and Ryzen 5 3600. 

I am clearly missing something. A high-end overkill GPU and decent CPU shouldn't have trouble running this game.

I could use some help on this one.

Cheers.

Edited by TheNineTailedFox

2 hours ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

Hi,

Now before NVIDIA fans start bashing on AMD; it is not what this topic is about.

After a 2 months break, I got myself a new high end gaming pc. I expected BNS to be a piece of cake for the new system to run, although the results were far below my expectations.

So here's the story:

• Whenever I was standing in the crowd (Mushin's), I experienced huge stuttering, FPS drops, and FPS stable between 25-45. Which is similar to my old GTX 960m.
  • I have seen a GTX 1080 performing twice/trice as good in BNS.
  • However, my FPS runs at 120 in non-crowded areas such as 1v1 arena. Which is as it should be.
  • I have DX12 installed and my drivers are uptodate.
  • I am completely new to AMD and I have no clue what I am missing. Freesync and anti-lag are both toggled on.
  • To say it nicely, BNS is not the best optimized game. Many of us are aware of that. But that cannot be the reason why a high end build has so much trouble running it.

I am using an RX 5700XT, and Ryzen 5 3600. 

I am clearly missing something. A high-end overkill GPU and decent CPU shouldn't have trouble running this game.

I could use some help on this one.

Cheers.

Hello check this thread out it might help you out.. Psss, are you PoledancerAhri by any chance? :playdumb:

Edited by SayhaSeer

Point one - this is a DirectX9 game, so install all proprietary libraries. It does have it's own d3d9 dll, but you can never be too sure if it's not requesting other dlls for whatever;

Point two - it's a DirectX9 game... don't expect much from it;

Point three - check the core chart for your CPU and see which cores sit on the same crystal. Limit the game to operating only on these in order to eliminate the infinity fabric stutter;

Point four - disable driver level vsync. Disable driver level antialiasing. Use the engine provided options (the ones in the game's graphic settings menu);

Point five - play with the shadow settings and "SFX of others". There are gajillion people with pets which have their own shaders and animations, this costs performance, even for this single core+half a core game. As for the shadows, UE2.5-3 is reknown for having expensive shadows. Limiting their distance should give you a sizable boost. Also disable all motion blur effects. Even if it's just a smearing effect, when coupled with the live data crunching of the game polling all the present characters 20 times per second, it doesn't really rely on old fashioned AI "hacks" to make it smooth and not stuttery on the fly. It's probably worth to disable driver level AA for transparent surfaces and dimming effects from those as well;

Point six - grab a gtx 1080 and test with it on this particular PC. If you get vastly different results, it's a driver issue or driver settings issue;

Well thanks all for your efforts, 

I have used DDU to have a clean driver install, and changed some stuff in Radeon settings. Motion blur is off as always because it's annoying.

I have a slightly better performance now. It could still be better but who knows, maybe I was just expecting too much and it is what it's supposed to be(?) Fyi, I play with maxed settings. 

I don't own a GTX 1080 myself, my brother does and he also played bns.

I had some problems on my main PC and I had to go back to the old. (MB had to go to the warranty)

And I can tell you that is everything on the CPU.

I use the same GPU but the CPU and MB change and go back from a 9700k 5ghz to a 6600 the difference is brutal

The number of settings I had low and I still have worst performance most notable is stuttering.