I hate 'easy' dungeon

Aulann

More so how it's used in the game. I agree that dungeons should have a easy entry for newer or lower geared players but when it comes to higher-end and newer dungeons I feel it shouldn't be a factor. The fact that people can just faceroll the dungeon without a care, sometimes making it harder on themselves by not doing the mech. An example would be the first boss in Warped Citadel. He gets a damage reduction buff while he does its mechs, making it more important to focus on doing the mech over DPSing him. If the mech is done right he takes a large amount of damage and you can go back to attacking him until he does the mech again. Players are spending way longer not doing the mech and waiting for it to fail. Because of fights like this, groups are still wanting to take GC+ over lower geared players so that they can just burst through such mechs, which defeats the whole reason for easy.

Here is something I like to see. keep the bosses HP and damage the same but also keep any wipe mech for dungeons that are new or even still current to the playerbase. Dreamsong and Brood Chamber are still dungeons a large part of the playerbase runs regularly, making them semi-current and WC and CC should have never had their wipe mechs removed this early. Another thing is to make doing hard dungeons counts towards the daily challenge and/or improve the rewards for doing it on hard. Besides the outfit, there is really no reason for people to do the current dungeons on hard.

My biggest worry is that with daily dungeon having the dungeons be brain dead will soon make them become mind-numbly dull where I don't even want to run them because it's so boring. It also hurts the players because they start getting used to having everything be a faceroll, that when they are in a situation where there is even the lightest of trouble they just give up "Can't burst first boss of dreamsong? lol, bye" or they lack the skill needed to actually be good raiders. Dungeons are meant to gear and prepare players for the raid, sooner or later you will have to make a Looking For Raid mode for these players, which I went though in World of Warcraft, I am not doing that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ again.

I hate doing easy mode, but it's hard to find players to play with regularly with a shrinking playerbase and how hard mode isn't done in F8. 

They should have pushed hard mode a lot harder back when Lair of the Frozen Fang was still around. People weren't seeing the reason to do hard mode anymore then. 

Greater thought on having a learning curve and keeping mech the same between modes needs to be high priority now. Even if high damage is done instead of insta-kill there shouldn't be two different dungeons or bosses with the same name.

You have to see the point of view from a new player too tho. Thats why the korean modes model is perfect with easy/normal/hardmode. New players should do easymode to learn mechs or burst it since it has very low hp. Normal Mode is pretty much the same as we had before and hardmode is the same as easymode but with wipes instead of damage and highest hp.

New Players should be able to clear the daily challenge too and not be left out since the requirements are way to high to find a party. Thats what easymode is ment for, to give everyone a chance to make progress in the game. Sadly most players are only thinking about their own and not about others, and thus are against these changes. If a game is new players friendly, more players will join it!

It gives no disadvantage to higher geared players , but they are simply denying new players their progression

EDIT:

@Cyan I watched the stream from Twitch and you said that there will be no more HP reduction and "other" stats that we dont see got reduced to make it easier. This simply isnt true, it didnt got easier or faster in any way, but still we got the reduced rewards ... An actual HP reduction would be nice, or at least give us the old rewards back. On the Storm of Arrows stream you guys said it will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier and faster than before!

Edited by Edensia

The only thing stopping lower geared players from clearing it together (especially since like you said, everything is free face-roll at this point) is that fact that they refused to do it if they don't have a high geared dps-carry in the group. They removed all ways to wipe, so even low-geared players can faceroll clear the daily challenge at this point... so the only things that is stopping them is themselfs.

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Bobthemonk:

The only thing stopping lower geared players from clearing it together (especially since like you said, everything is free face-roll at this point) is that fact that they refused to do it if they don't have a high geared dps-carry in the group. They removed all ways to wipe, so even low-geared players can faceroll clear the daily challenge at this point... so the only things that is stopping them is themselfs.

My friend just started and he is doing between 80 - 110K DPS. Imagine 6 Players like this it means up to 660K DPS in a whole.

This means you need atleast 30 Minutes for CC Boss i think it enrages faster thou.

This is just one example why you cant say its face roll and everyone can do it, DST for example still got mechanics you simply cannot burst it with that low dmg.

Brood chamber got to much HP as well i belive + alot of newcomers die in easymode aswell even tho its faceroll so another decrease of DPS.

Keep in mind i dont know if enrage actully wipes the party since i do up to 2.5 Million myselfe i never had this problem.

Even if they made it into faceroll for most dungeons thoose can still be a challenge due to the lack of DPS not everyone got VT Stuff after completing story, not everyone knows how to play their class perfectly after story. You need to look at this stuff from the perspective of a new player who never played this game before and got no sugar daddy !

I like the easy mode and now that all dungeons are accessible to everyone. 

I've played this game since it came out and I can remember when dungeons got to the point where not everyone was able to do each dungeon. 

I can remember being resentful towards people I played with each day because they had ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ internet or ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ computers and would ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up mechs constantly or their DPS was just complete ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ because of FPS/Ping.

It made me not want to play with them.

If you want mechs go into hard mode or raids.

If you haven't had to play with people who constantly fail the most basic mechs such as blocking a orb in brood then you don't know the vast majority of the player base of B and S.

At least now I can go into the dungeon with anyone from F8 and clear it without feeling like I wasted my time and achieved nothing.

I make "ALL WELCOME" dungeons lobbies for everything except CC and carry noobs who wouldn't get to otherwise come into those dungeons and for CC I can take anyone A9+ and not have to worry that im about to waste my time failing a dungeon over and over.

Its a pretty shitty new player experience to get kicked out of dungeons in f8 over and over.

1 hour ago, JonJonPoPongZ said:

At least now I can go into the dungeon with anyone from F8 and clear it without feeling like I wasted my time and achieved nothing.

Doing dead brain content you call it "i achieve something, I'm happy now" you just make my day ?

All this drama about "new players new players " is full of **** stop using excuses about new players , you cry about this only for your alts to make it easier to farm materials . 

But my real questions for all cry babies in forum is :

CAN YOU TELL ME WHY DO YOU PLAY A GAME ?

What you look for in a game ? 

What make you happy in a game ? Pew pew pew dead brain content or hard mode content ? 

For me personal i ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing hate this game what it became ,from when i join in game when it was 4 man hard mode the real game experience and pleasure to play to a stupid pew pew pew dead brain content .

Ifyou want to do something hard mode in F8 game is dead , if you have clan adn friends that's good my real life come in and schedule etc, lucky with the hard mode discord to find some hard mode parties. 

The game inside it is dead for hard content. 

Everyone play 100 alts to gear up his main but when is about to play main after 3h of work in alts ,what pleasures do you get from the class you like ? 0 ZERO

I used to play on alts as well to gear up my main ,from 8 alts i deleted 7 ( alts well geared) WHY ? Because no time left to play on main the class that i enjoy. 

I'm not even log anymore to play dead content,  if i find some hard mode parties i log and play otherwise bye bye game boring to death.

SINCE YOU CRY SO MUCH about new players and dungeons need nerfed to braindead content why you don't cry for raids to be nerfed as well , TT ,ET just cry more so they nerf them to ground, it is a trend anyway to nerf to ground all the content. 

Enjoy ur pew pew pew game. 

Bye.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ImoutoMaster:

My friend just started and he is doing between 80 - 110K DPS. Imagine 6 Players like this it means up to 660K DPS in a whole.

Well those are about the values of some of my random alts, with random classes, I don't even know how to play. Apart  from everything else you friend should check if he got all the quest equip (main and orange quest) and also check the rotations to DPS with his class.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Zuzuzuzuzu:

For me personal i ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing hate this game what it became ,from when i join in game when it was 4 man hard mode the real game experience and pleasure to play to a stupid pew pew pew dead brain content .

Yeah thats something they never should have changed. With the removal of the 4 player Veteran / 6 player normal system our NORMAL mode suddenly became the new HARDMODE what just was a joke. I remember doing Awakend Necropolis, Liar of frozen fang, Yeti, Asura, Shatered Masts, Glomdross, Ebondrake Citadell, Desolate Tomb and Naryu Foundry with 4 men veteran parties and it was a real challange, when only one died a wipe was nearly inevitable.

We had Hongmoon-Weapon and Hopngmoon- Assessouirs to upgrade, we could even wipe in Yeti 6 player groups as in every other dungeon and we did wipe quite often, but we tried to clear the dungeons and on one left after the first wipe, we took the time to explain mech when nessesary.

Oh and no one of us expected a carry through the higher dungeons. You finished the story, well good but you didnt expect to run asura or glomdross or shattered masts untill you had at least a decent gear to do these dungeons.

Well Ok we also could farm our gold and mats in lower dungeons, maybe not that much gold like in the higher ones but at least we got our mats.

They made a fantastic challanging gam with the best combat system to a braindead Hack n' Slay game where everyone fresh out of storry expect to run endgame content.

And now they train the players even more to ignore every mechanics and then they wonder why people start crying raids are to hard.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Zuzuzuzuzu:

SINCE YOU CRY SO MUCH about new players and dungeons need nerfed to braindead content why you don't cry for raids to be nerfed as well , TT ,ET just cry more so they nerf them to ground, it is a trend anyway to nerf to ground all the content. 

They can stop crying, TT-nerf is already on its way and will come within the next weeks. So even TT will become a braindead content :/

With all the other bullshit they have done the last few weeks i'll guess sadly its time to look for another game. I havent played a game continusly for such a long time like and it just makes me sad to see such a good game going down the drain...

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Bobthemonk:

I expect new players to do CC about as much as I expect them to do ET, or should they nerf that to the ground aswell so fresh players can instantly get there full end-game gear?

Well its daily so they may want to complete the daily and have no idea about the requirement. I know there is written right next to the dungeon some kind of ap requirement but 1. we all know thats not accurate and 2. They are able to do litterly every dungeon excpect CC with LFP so why should they think "oh no i cannot enter this" ?

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Zuzuzuzuzu:

All this drama about "new players new players " is full of **** stop using excuses about new players , you cry about this only for your alts to make it easier to farm materials .

I dont play on Alts expect for PVP and in PVP i dont play 10 times the same class. SF x3, WL x1, FM x1, Gun x1, BD x1, Assasin x1, KFM x1.

@ImoutoMaster If I ever joined a game and on a fresh character I could LFP all content in the game, I would just leave again. Why would anyone waste time gearing up when they can beat everything in story gear? Sadly thats what this game is turning into because of all the people crying for nerfs and to be honest, Zuzuzuzuzu is correct. The majority of the people complaining don't care about new players, they just want to keep leeching on alts because they feel like they are entitled to everything for free. It's pathetic. They cry the game is dead and the game is boring, then they cry as soon as there is any content there storyline only geared alts can't complete.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Bobthemonk:

@ImoutoMaster If I ever joined a game and on a fresh character I could LFP all content in the game, I would just leave again. Why would anyone waste time gearing up when they can beat everything in story gear? Sadly thats what this game is turning into because of all the people crying for nerfs and to be honest, Zuzuzuzuzu is correct. The majority of the people complaining don't care about new players, they just want to keep leeching on alts because they feel like they are entitled to everything for free. It's pathetic. They cry the game is dead and the game is boring, then they cry as soon as there is any content there storyline only geared alts can't complete.

My point is just KR got Easy mode so every player can do their dailys in a reasonable ammount of time. The whole reason for easy mode was to make it faster and accesable for everyone.

Sure i feel the same normal players shouldnt be able to run everything instantly as the game is right now but its still called easy mode and we all know what their intentions where with easy mode. I mean Normalmode is still ingame but you cannot play it anymore. This whole discussion wouldnt exist if NC had given us what they promised an "easymode".

• Like 1

So your saying 0 mech faceroll mode isn't "easy" ?

Also KR did not get "easy" mode, they got "beginner" mode that has basicly no hp and gives you virtually no loot. Would you prefer they lowered the hp and you got nothing but the quest for running the dungeon?

easymode is actually taking longer to clear than the old normal mode because all the berserk enrages keep knocking back and stunning and other stuff, and there's no mech damage. Everyone just goes brain dead dps now and trolls each other in stuff like BC, like jumping on teammates or melee going far so they dont get mark and other stuff. It's just a big mess where you get cc'd, get up, and dps. I think WC boss 2 took twice as long when my team decided to completely ignore mechs and half of them were dead anyway by the end of the fight. Plus earning accessories is a joke now too. Somebody can get 100+ runs of a dungeon and never have learned the mechs even once, but have all best in slot. Bns is just a parse simulator now, or what? 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

But my real questions for all cry babies in forum is :

CAN YOU TELL ME WHY DO YOU PLAY A GAME ?

What you look for in a game ? 

What make you happy in a game ? Pew pew pew dead brain content or hard mode content ? 

Ifyou want to do something hard mode in F8 game is dead , if you have clan adn friends that's good my real life come in and schedule etc, lucky with the hard mode discord to find some hard mode parties. 

The game inside it is dead for hard content. 

Everyone play 100 alts to gear up his main but when is about to play main after 3h of work in alts ,what pleasures do you get from the class you like ? 0 ZERO

I used to play on alts as well to gear up my main ,from 8 alts i deleted 7 ( alts well geared) WHY ? Because no time left to play on main the class that i enjoy. 

I'm not even log anymore to play dead content,  if i find some hard mode parties i log and play otherwise bye bye game boring to death.

Enjoy ur pew pew pew game. 

Bye.

This game has been "pewpewpew" for a long time. The game used to have in-depth mechanics, ones that forced you to guide and direct many thing in the environment. But with the introduction of DST and above, it was a meme.
No one bothered learning DSTs mech because it was so astoundingly difficult - I would argue it's perhaps the most difficult one you'll find to date - especially being that if you didn't have a supremely fast class or 3, you were boned. So people were like, yknow what. Let's just take GCs only. Then Brood Chamber came out. First boss mechs, block orbs, while one person "pewpewpew" ten times then jumps on the people that blocked (gunner freelo), while boss 2 was hit spacebar and then pewpew the boss to an egg.
WC was just a colourblind yet more coordinated RT boss 1, though boss 2 was more in depth. Yet the depth was taken out because pizza didnt kill you. So it was just jump on mites, block orbs. Gee where have I seen that before? Hmm...
And since you're crying about TT, I assume you cleared Scorp within the first 2 months? Or did you wipe to his hold w mech? How bout boss 4, where you had to hold w and stand in one place? Or boss 2, where you had to hold w and then stand in one place? Only boss 1's mechanics were truly difficult, boss 3 was moreso difficult due to the sheer amount of people needed at first, while the other 2 you just had to not get smashed by the bosses attacks, which were left to your tank and party iframes. As a veteran player, these nerfs really just mean I don't have to be scared of my teammates and I can sit back and relax and not try to save up 20k to get thornbreaker just so I can pug.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Laura099:

This game has been "pewpewpew" for a long time. The game used to have in-depth mechanics, ones that forced you to guide and direct many thing in the environment. But with the introduction of DST and above, it was a meme.

Wrong, This game became a braindead hack n' Slay shortly after the release of Desolate Tomb where people proofed that they cant count to 2 or 3 to share the lightning with the mark.

After that the old 4player veteran mode was removed and replaced with the 6 player hardmode which was our normal mode.
Later on it doenst even took 2 month untill they remove all mech from Xanos in Naryu sanctum and the story went on...

@Laura099 The difference between me and you is huge , i never run away from hard content ,that's why i said this game became pew pew pew content and the reason i hate it , because EASY content for me is BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and i stop playing it , i play game to have fun ,to struggle,to accomplish something hard ,that give me satisfaction from playing a game .
I never went back from hard mechanics and yes to answer to you question about i hold back to mech : 
            You wrong my friend , i had CM group since DST to present. And for TT i always asked for the hardest roles that my classes can do .The difference between TT and ET is HUGE . TT took more than 1 week to clear it , while ET RAID = 2h20min for Boss 1 , 2h for Boss 2  in same day ,Boss 3 i don't know since i quit the game for 3 months before release because of the pew pew pew raid content ,enrage mode for me .Now on Boss 3 i have 10kills and i can say is to easy as well .
I'm in a clan that had 4 VT raids, 4 TT raids, and now we have 3 ET raids , in our clan we start new dungeon with HARD MODE blind mode . WE never hold back to hard content .

Do not tell me i hold back from mechanics , i have a reason why i keep saying this game is to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing easy and BORING , i have a reason why i quit it for 3 months , i have a reason why i deleted my 7 alts well geared and keep only MAIN and DESTROYER ( funny class ) and i have a reason why i will quit this game for ever at the next INTENDED MISTAKE from NCSOFT . 

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff go enjoy your 2nd job 100x alts to grow up ur main that you still not playing it properly .

i also dislike easy dungeon, no one plays the mechanics anymore and everything feels so bland now, just dps the boss and ignore everything... and then people still die, so pathetic.

I liked how BnS plays, quick and challenging at times, now everything is just boring like every other dull MMO where you just tank and spank the boss.

Edited by Arohk

I have no idea why everyone crying "mechs removed" when nobody ever did them anyway... it either died to dps-wave or everyone rage quit and looked for another run. Shocker, you can still do the mechs to speed up the run like people pointed out but they are to lazy...

This atleast helps newer players (sadly it also reinforces the plebs who just want to leech everything on alts... but it also helps newer players)

• Like 1

I bet if they introduced the same model as korea, with easy/normal/hardmode . most players would do easymode, because it takes way less time and you are still able to complete the DC even if you dont get almost no gold and mats from the dungeon itself. Even most players who are crying about the game becoming to easy would rather do easymode then. The game is about progression and not about hard content and mechanics anymore. It has been like this since the first trove where whales became able to solo almost any content anyway. Easy/Normal/Hard would make everyone happy, but I bet it would be the same as korea.. people who want to clear fast do easy, and people who really want a challenge do hardmode.. no one wants to do normal mode (our easymode takes the same, if not longer than the old normal mode, because of the added hardmode mechanics with removed wipe damage)

I am surprised that no one mentioned the most real reason for dungeons being easy. Thread is filled with 'noobs, l2p, plebs' and other attempts to scratch self esteem but real reason is dps curve. It's very simple really: start doing damage on level of dungeon and all mechs will return. I haven't played KR games before so such power creep is new to me but if player has enough dps to solo new endgame dungeon then problem is not in mechanics but in his dps. He should hit soft or hard enrage before he does damage 1/4-1/6 of boss's HP. I don't know how hard is hard mode in BnS though. Maybe there you give it your all to kill single add that will wipe group in 5-4-3-2-1 seconds.

Also high dps breaks mechanics. I am noob. So far I did only CS, HM and SSM. It is useless to watch SSM guide because high dps simply breaks rhythm of fight and new player can't get enough practice and muscle memory. (It works for me though - BnS is not exactly my food in mechs department). Though I watch and try to practice with my 5 toons.

PS: Personally I would like to have story mode where solo or group of out of story players could just walk though dungeons and raids without stress and wipes, get cutscens, quests and maybe look at basic nerfed mechs. Rewards would be unneeded. That would allow me to finish loose ends of 'story' at least. And to see all content. To gate story content behind immense grind is a very annoying decision.