Jump to content
Forums

trove 350 open key is bad... is very bad.


Recommended Posts

I bought lots of Trove Keys(300-400) but 3 star never came out of a box and all bad lucky When I see 3 star Outfit or trash items plz fix Rng 3 star.
I took a break from the game for a while to start the game again to catch up I attended the Trove event but I could not find the hope..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Althou there will be many wihte knights coming here saying *oh but trove is rng blaBLABLA*, YES TROVE IS RNG however most 3 star crits in this one we complete trash totally not belonging in 3 star crit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only that, this trove has IMHO the worst 1 star options I've seen since the Trove started. I've opened like 160 keys, didn't see a single 3 star crit, and apart from the granted critical you getn when you fill the bar, i've only got 2 mediocre 2 star crits. In the end a complete waste of resources. At least, in old troves, you always had something useful to get in 1 star options. Not this time, it's like throwing hongmoon coins in the toilet. I don't think I will be selling gold again to get keys, I'm the person with worst luck I know with trove XD.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toshiwoshi said:

Not only that, this trove has IMHO the worst 1 star options I've seen since the Trove started. I've opened like 160 keys, didn't see a single 3 star crit, and apart from the granted critical you getn when you fill the bar, i've only got 2 mediocre 2 star crits. In the end a complete waste of resources. At least, in old troves, you always had something useful to get in 1 star options. Not this time, it's like throwing hongmoon coins in the toilet. I don't think I will be selling gold again to get keys, I'm the person with worst luck I know with trove XD.

This is completely true. In other troves I almost always had something to pick from the 2 slots free daily open on my alts. In this one 90% of the times I end up not picking anything, occasionally 2 or 3 soulstone or sacred crystals, and very very rarely a jewel/element. Moonstones and elysians, tradeable or not, are almost non-existant.

This trove is filled with crap like silver cauldron potions, earthseers charms and ton of moonlight buds (seriously who wants those?).

It's the first trove in 2 years I didn't buy a single key.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last trove i spend money was summer trove 2018. Last trove i spend HM coins was christmas trove 2018, since then trove got more and more scam / fraud with even less valuable items not even worth spending hm coins.

I totaly understand that any company want to make profit, but what NC-Soft is doing with trove is pure rip off. Most stuff is pretty useless but then they wonder why governments start considering rng-lootboxes as gambling and making them illegal like netherlands and belgium already did.

I just hope Germany and other EU-Countries will follow this example.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, let's have a closer look. This trove offers 195 different items, too much in my opinion and too many items that are obsolete as a trove reward.

 

- Hexagonal and heptagonal obsidans and garnets are easy to obtain while playing. Why they are still a thing in trove?

- Triangular gilded gems... you can drop the unfusionable version in moon refuge, so the trove reward is just good for a expensive fusion.

- Easy mode psyches, well those items are so hard to get nowadays, seems like a good reward. *ironie off* They aren't even account bound or tradeable for selling.

- Mewtinner's Coin, a nearly two year old item which is easy to obtain by playing.

- Tranquility Emblem, well another Mewtinner's Coin just a litte bit younger. Oh and there are even Tranquility Emblem Fragments which you can get several by doing Hong once.

- 10k exp charms, thank god i only got to buy 41 359 of those for a lvl up and get 13 of those every day for free. Feel the sarcasm.

- six different Reputation Charms with a 24h cooldown. Besides that the good ones have to be found first, why are 1000 and 5000 charms still a thing, when increasing the reputation lvl and the reputation experience cap to 500 000. Finish the daily challenge every day and we already have our 24h cooldown charm. I get it, you want us to transmute the charms for extra costs...

- Legendary Gem Hammers... Feels like waste in trove since we got tons of them by other events which is actually nice. Since they are not sealed in trove it isn't even possible to sell them cheap to new players.

- Scion's Maze Key - 40 seconds of running not to mention there are plenty of keys as the boss drops them for sure.

- Silver Scale and Silver Scale Fragments are so easy to obtain, another useless reward because of the very limited amount of scales that are actually needed for upgrading.

- Moonlight Bud - I really wanna know who is paying cash/hm coins and gold to get this item from trove.

- Master Material Chest and Grand Master Material Chests are the first things that are thrown away in every dungeon, just another trash definitly not worth buying.

 

Not everything is bad, there are charming rewards in this trove such as the fused square gems, Wonder Ascension Stone Chest, Wonder Radiance Stone Chest, Oils of course, etc...

But even with the guaranteed crit trove still feels like a mess because:

1. the crit actually contains only skins, but you want to gamble for progress or the other way around. --> Pair skin crits even stronger with high material rewards.

2. After buying NCoins for real money or Hongmoon coins for gold there is another payment in gold to get the item. I'm still looking for a gambling hall, where you have to put another hundred bucks in the gambling machine just to recieve your reward of 200 bucks. If you found one, then let me know. Where the hell should a new player get 4.5k of gold to buy the Wonder Radiance Stone Chest? Yes, he/she actually has to pay even more money to get some gold in F9, that's how to loose new players who can count to 3 in seconds.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't complain about the crits i've gotten, 1 dyad square, 2 tri gems, tt wpn mat and the inkbrush thing with just 120 keys. Trove crits have been bad for a long time it's not something new so like i always say... don't play the lottery then cry that it wasn't worth it, it was your decision to gamble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of everything being a 1-X stars category they should make each open slot have a chance for a 1-X start with the chance for a higher star increasing per slot opened. And the Crit should be all slots getting max stared items. 

Edited by Boinger
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not open this trove at all since the last trove I spent over 20k in gold and over 400 keys and got nothing out of it, digital RNG is so manipulative and this is why I got trust issues with RNG  apart from rolling an ordinary dice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, FlCosmin said:

I did not open this trove at all since the last trove I spent over 20k in gold and over 400 keys and got nothing out of it, digital RNG is so manipulative and this is why I got trust issues with RNG  apart from rolling an ordinary dice.

same, not a single key bought this time after the complete rip off from last time, garbage 3-star with weapon skins you can't even sell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nemises said:

Well, let's have a closer look. This trove offers 195 different items, too much in my opinion and too many items that are obsolete as a trove reward.

 

- Hexagonal and heptagonal obsidans and garnets are easy to obtain while playing. Why they are still a thing in trove?

- Triangular gilded gems... you can drop the unfusionable version in moon refuge, so the trove reward is just good for a expensive fusion.

- Easy mode psyches, well those items are so hard to get nowadays, seems like a good reward. *ironie off* They aren't even account bound or tradeable for selling.

- Mewtinner's Coin, a nearly two year old item which is easy to obtain by playing.

- Tranquility Emblem, well another Mewtinner's Coin just a litte bit younger. Oh and there are even Tranquility Emblem Fragments which you can get several by doing Hong once.

- 10k exp charms, thank god i only got to buy 41 359 of those for a lvl up and get 13 of those every day for free. Feel the sarcasm.

- six different Reputation Charms with a 24h cooldown. Besides that the good ones have to be found first, why are 1000 and 5000 charms still a thing, when increasing the reputation lvl and the reputation experience cap to 500 000. Finish the daily challenge every day and we already have our 24h cooldown charm. I get it, you want us to transmute the charms for extra costs...

- Legendary Gem Hammers... Feels like waste in trove since we got tons of them by other events which is actually nice. Since they are not sealed in trove it isn't even possible to sell them cheap to new players.

- Scion's Maze Key - 40 seconds of running not to mention there are plenty of keys as the boss drops them for sure.

- Silver Scale and Silver Scale Fragments are so easy to obtain, another useless reward because of the very limited amount of scales that are actually needed for upgrading.

- Moonlight Bud - I really wanna know who is paying cash/hm coins and gold to get this item from trove.

- Master Material Chest and Grand Master Material Chests are the first things that are thrown away in every dungeon, just another trash definitly not worth buying.

 

Not everything is bad, there are charming rewards in this trove such as the fused square gems, Wonder Ascension Stone Chest, Wonder Radiance Stone Chest, Oils of course, etc...

But even with the guaranteed crit trove still feels like a mess because:

1. the crit actually contains only skins, but you want to gamble for progress or the other way around. --> Pair skin crits even stronger with high material rewards.

2. After buying NCoins for real money or Hongmoon coins for gold there is another payment in gold to get the item. I'm still looking for a gambling hall, where you have to put another hundred bucks in the gambling machine just to recieve your reward of 200 bucks. If you found one, then let me know. Where the hell should a new player get 4.5k of gold to buy the Wonder Radiance Stone Chest? Yes, he/she actually has to pay even more money to get some gold in F9, that's how to loose new players who can count to 3 in seconds.

When I saw they sank so low to put meat dumplings in this Trove I was done with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My metrics for Judging the relative value of trove selections:

  • What would a roll of a similar daily dash square give me
  • What would spending 49 HMC/NCoin on daily special of a similar item get me
  • F9 values and F5 sales values, which are heavily player influenced, and vary over time and region quite a bit.
  • The acquisition source, quantity, and difficulty of an item, as well as use.

 

Soulstones/Sacred orbs/Moonstones-- usually a scam, especially in 1 star crits. Higher quantities would make it less of a loss compared to spending on f10, bring it up to daily dash amounts, and work better with the increased materials usage caused by soul/pet revamps. F10 specials will sell me 120 soul crystals for 49 HMC/Ncoin, or 10 Moon crystals for 40 HMC/Ncoin currently.

 

Jewels/Elements--For Jewels and Elements@5g/1,   A player just spent a 49 HMC/NCOIN key, and it got them the equivalent of 1sacred crystal and 1 elysian crystal.  Scammed.

 

Meowharan Coins- Priced at about the cost where getting 20 for the PVP bracelet to vendor for 100g breaks even.  Somewhat trivial to obtain.

 

Hellion Cores- DC dungeons that give hellion cores now spit out 2 boxes per dynamic.  Moon refuge gets almost the same stuff, but with much less effort(besides bracelet). Giving out as many as a dash square of hellions is the bare minimum, or take them out of trove completely, better yet.

 

Honquilty/Alpha Emblem-- A lucky Sundering/Den run will net a player a salvageable item for a full token/emblem.  Minimum a full emblem please.  F10 will sell me ~2 Hongquility emblems for 52 hmc/ncoin.

 

Consumables-- quantities of at least 5 please. More would be better.  If I can only get 1x a consumable for 49 NCoin/HMC, i am loath to use it short from stopping an apocalypse.

 

Trove is a temporary, limited event, so I would like to feel like 1 star crits are a good thing, rather than a failed, non winning slots pull.  Don't let the other f10 sources be more efficient and rewarding when you compare f10 specials and dash to trove.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every single time it's the exact same thing, people splurging on trove then regretting it later complaining trove is a complete scam. Yes we all know that since literally 2 years ago. Then what happens next trove? The same people will shortcircuit their memory and simply spend like $500 on trove keys AGAIN, then repeat the same complaints.

 

This BS will keep happening if idiots don't stop cutting a hole in their wallet with this silly gambling addiction. You could literally get more enjoyment buying lottery tickets. I could bet my account even if they remove EVERY SINGLE good item from trove except costumes, and keep costumes as the only 3 star, idiots will still trove. They're already slowly testing the waters on how much they can get away with with gradual nerfs every single patch.

 

I have never spent a single cent on this trove bullshit and never will. Zero expectations = zero disappointment.

Edited by PetPuggi
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...