Is MY Destroyer's DPS REALLY That bad??!!

wokchan53

Hi, i could use some guidance from any veteran destroyers

First off, I do know and accept that currently, the Destroyer is the 'joke' class when it comes to dps- it will always/ likely be out paced when beating down a boss when not using end game gear or so I heard. This never bothered me before but other players have recently noted that my damage output it is rather lacking for my gear/level, thus I'm now some what concerned with my Destroyer's performance.

If I land the 1st hit, then my combat meter can peak at somewhere from 1.2 to 1.35 million. Once another player follows up with their atk, my dps starts to plummet.

If I'm the second player to attack,  then my combat meter will peak anywhere from 600 to 900k then fall quickly to hold around 300k but usually I get an overall score of about 260k- even less if the boss get mobile or has mech animations (Numok, Amara, MSP)

My ping is average,about the 200 mark, 190 (lowest)  but can spike to215-247 during weekly raids/ msp when everyone atks at the same time.

My standard rotation is: Blitz/Ram>Emberstomp>Fury>spam ani cancel (judgement+cleave)> Smash (after 6-7 secs)

My DES is lvl 19  Earth Destroyer with an Aransu axe 9, awake Skybrk ring+E.ring, max Darkstorm Neck, Starbrk bracelet, King's glove, and an 8 piece Ruthless (Hive Queen) SS

So my question is, is my damage output really that bad? and if it is, what am I doing wrong??

• 1 month later...

Hello! Well, earth destroyer is one of the most gear dependeant class. Just dont stop to play because the dps numbers, they ll rize up with the itens, just the scale (compared with others classes)is different. Take my destro by example, and just farm the itens (she has some old itens, like gloves, belt, neck and bracelet... just try to get the new ones to dont wast aterials) MY DESTRO. She isnt a monster like Praetor for example, but she hit well. I have 160 of ping, and my last parse is 1.750m. Enjoy the class, cath up some friends and ignore de numbers. =)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The whole "Destoyers being a joke class is bull"

On 10/6/2019 at 8:24 AM, wokchan53 said:

Hi, i could use some guidance from any veteran destroyers

First off, I do know and accept that currently, the Destroyer is the 'joke' class when it comes to dps- it will always/ likely be out paced when beating down a boss when not using end game gear or so I heard. This never bothered me before but other players have recently noted that my damage output it is rather lacking for my gear/level, thus I'm now some what concerned with my Destroyer's performance.

If I land the 1st hit, then my combat meter can peak at somewhere from 1.2 to 1.35 million. Once another player follows up with their atk, my dps starts to plummet.

If I'm the second player to attack,  then my combat meter will peak anywhere from 600 to 900k then fall quickly to hold around 300k but usually I get an overall score of about 260k- even less if the boss get mobile or has mech animations (Numok, Amara, MSP)

My ping is average,about the 200 mark, 190 (lowest)  but can spike to215-247 during weekly raids/ msp when everyone atks at the same time.

My standard rotation is: Blitz/Ram>Emberstomp>Fury>spam ani cancel (judgement+cleave)> Smash (after 6-7 secs)

My DES is lvl 19  Earth Destroyer with an Aransu axe 9, awake Skybrk ring+E.ring, max Darkstorm Neck, Starbrk bracelet, King's glove, and an 8 piece Ruthless (Hive Queen) SS

So my question is, is my damage output really that bad? and if it is, what am I doing wrong??

Let me just say the whole "Dest is a joke class" is bull. I am one of my top DPS in my raid with less gear then most of my other party members. It just knowing how you play your class.

To be honest with your gear 1mil isn't that bad, anyone who says other is full of themselves. That being said there is much that you can improve on. Gear wise you are doing fine. I'd have to actually see your F2 to give you a full detail on what you need but I'd recommend to switch your weapon to PVE/Stormdragon as soon as you can and stay PVE until you get to the higher tiers. Your biggest damage happens while you are in fury so you want to try to keep it up the best you can which the 30% reduction will help. a lot of players will stay PVE but that's up to you. you want to get your Aransu Mystic badge and then Wildborne fused soul badge (Courage+Liberty) with these, along with your Soul shield 8-set you will almost always be in in fury. Your Opening should be (B+1) when gap closing then 3>E>X then spam your Left+Right Mouse button while also hitting F for mighty cleave every time it pops up. X will both activate your bracelet which will give you a massive boost on slams and reduce the CD on fury (when you get courage/Wildborne) you want to be using your X whenever fury is >6 seconds CD so that it can line up with your 3 as well. When out of fury you want to be holding your RMB down while pushing F when it pops and X again for Fury/Braclet. only do animation cancel when you have less then 20 focus, which should be rare if you are doing your rotation and keeping emberstomp and Mighty cleave on CD.

Once you get your fused your opener/fury ration changes slightly to be E>RMB>F>3>F>X>F since your badge will reset the CD on mighty cleave every time you use 3 and X and then spam smash which will now reduce the cooldown on your 3 and X every time you hit until you are back into Fury.

That's all the advance I can give. It's all about managing your Fury, Emberstomp, Smash and then mighty cleave procs. If you have any questions you can respond here or try to find me ingame under the same name.

• 1 month later...