Party recruitment should be blocked from factionchat

Lunar Sphere

There is literally another chat specifically made for party recruitment, so I believe that it should be completely blocked in the other chats (the faction one in particular) to avoid the swarm of recruitment requests in supposedly social channels. I mean, it's pretty much next to impossible to chat when every sentence is followed by 10 party requests, while as things are right now, I don't think that people will ever stop using the faction chat to do this unless the option is forcefully removed. If the change is followed through, a quick notification saying that "party requests may only be sent via the recruitment chat", would be more than welcome.

Could also give the same treatment for trade requests, maybe giving them their own tradechat, or restricting them to the region/channel chat.

Then how about using the region chat instead? The main point of my proposal, is that I'd like to exclude recruitment requests into dedicated channels, so that the more social ones wont be spammed with them.

If no other existing channel besides the faction one is open for enough people for linking dungeons and such, then you could say that my suggestion is more along of the lines that I want a new channel for it, and that dungeon/raid links should be blocked outside of said new channels (tho maybe give a free pass in private and region chats). In either case, it should come with a notification, so that players will know that they have to use the specific chat(s) for these links.

How about no?

You want people to spend 10x the amount of time waiting for frickin dragonspire messages when it's already painful enough to try to get 12 people for weeklies or MSP? LOL.

What do you want to reserve faction chat for? More weeb spam? You do realize factions technically no longer exist in this game right?

Edited by PetPuggi
  • Like 1

They do exist tho, otherwise the faction chat wouldn’t be used at all. Also, you can still link dungeons on region chat. You won’t be having any where as long waiting time if everyone used it. And if those links are blocked outside the the region chat, then no one has any other choice but to use it, switching the traffic there instead of the faction chat.

Call it weeb chat or whatever, it’s still way better than spams of links, that makes the game seem as dead as a desert. 

I agree. No one use other channels? Well...it's time to start using.

I have separate tabs for

Region

Party 

Clan

Faction

Pm

NPC chat

Normal chat (say, shout,emote)

It's not that hard to do. Takes few minutes. Also party recruitment has separate tab. 

What makes it weird is the fact that no one use dragon spire to recruit, but instead pollutes chat with spam. We have perfect tool for finding parties for dungeons and raids, but no... people rather go full ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and spam faction chat.

• Like 1

Any endgame 'search for group' chat should be global. It can be any dedicated LFG aside from faction but still global. Region chats that bound player to specific zone are very inconvenient. More feasible solution though is to have different chat for talks (in my case for noob's questions). It will be way easier then to change habits of several thousands of players. Not sure though if is it possible to create such global custom chat AND to make it known.

Edited by Crimhare

It is easier to make a dedicated channel for party recruitment well known, because all that would be needed is an auto block function that is triggered whenever a player sends a dungeon link in the wrong chat, followed with a notification that informs people of the appropriate chat.

To make a new, social global chat would take much more work to advertise, since there is no direct way to push players into using it. It might be used eventually, but not many people will know of it soon enough, especially not when it also has to be manually enabled. 

My biggest issue is the spamming of raid requests. I've seen certain not to be named people who will post it every 20 seconds (checked the time stamp). Plus anyone who is looking for raid/party recruitment will open that channel to find a group.

@Lunar Sphere

I absolutely agree with you. Now there is only problem to solve - who is easier to 'move': developers or community. Well... looking at ingame community I kind of understand why you plead to devs.

PS: I played game where community was adult and easy to move. Custom chats there were total blast.

Edited by Crimhare

@SilverFoxR

Yeah, I definitely agree that it's not as convenient to only be able to join requests near your region, but well, if a brand new global recruitment chat isn't made, I still think that it's better to settle for a obligatory region chat instead of leaving things as is. I mean, if everyone can only recruit via the region chat, you could expect a big enough traffic, that you might be able to go to whatever area you'd want more or less whenever you like and at least find 1 player that is recruiting, so it wont be too bad.

The sooner the recruitment swarms are dealt with, the better. They have already harmed the social aspects of the game for long enough, while it's kinda redundant that people are sending requests on 3 separate channels to party (faction, region and dragonspire), no wonder things sometimes go slow when the ways the players can join are so split up. But yeah, a global chat would be ideal, especially since you could recruit people from both factions without a regional restriction. 

Edited by Lunar Sphere

You say that but a lot of what's said in faction chat is grotesque and honestly a waste of time to even look at. There's usually 2-3 people flooding it with their god awful "jokes", your usual hateful people, and the off beginner or two that no one answers because they feel it's a waste of their time. In that case just remove factions chat because - fun fact - faction content isn't a thing anymore.
They won't do a thing about it, it make's it so you don't have 15000 players camping 2 areas in the game. Ever thought about that? We don't have 16 servers anymore so if we all have to conga line at weeklies this game is gonna hard crash way too much for most people to even find it playable.

But here is the thing, if you don’t care about the faction chat, you always have the option to filter it off... But as things are now, there is no way to filter off party requests, because they literally swarm every open chat that isn’t the normal one. So you can avoid any cringy comments or conversations you have no interest in, but people have no option whatsoever to talk without having pages worth of links shoved down onto their face. 

It may not be often that people replies to noob questions, but you know, they actually still do happen occasionally (especially in the less popular Cerulean, that curiously has less bots in then), but again, the motivation to answer will be less when you have to scroll through paragraphs of spam just to answer somebody.

Cringy and tasteless jokes might suck and all, but at least they make it seem like this game has humans in it and not just faceless bots farming materials. That would motivate more players to socialize with others, and thus more types of conversations can be expected.

If you cannot say more than a sentence before being drowned out by spam, then the chat is nothing but a joke. So let’s direct the spam to somewhere people actually benefits from it. Giving space not just for tasteless jokes, but for other interactions as well.

Edit: Just wanted to note that I’m the op, just forgot to change acc back.

Edited by MillyMail

It would not give players more incentive because, fun fact, in lobby you can't use faction chat. Well guess where most people are? If they aren't afk botting, they're likely in lobby. And again, faction was never meant to be a social chat, it was meant to be a regional competitive to plan out against the opposing faction - which doesn't exist anymore. So if we go by your argument of relevancy, faction chat should just be removed. Not saying that to be mean, just sayin that's how it is. People make use out of it by recruiting, so it serves some purpose.
And you did not address the fact that regional would cause a massive toll on the game. Not that there's much to address there, it can't be denied it already is for some people, the server merge already made it's point, and making recruitment region-locked, again, would only serve to further worsen it.

You can’t have a competitive plan without being social, while there has been some incentive in the chats to be social, it’s just more times than not overshadowed by the party recruitment spam, because there is literally no way to filter it.

More people will spend time in lobby, and guess what? It’s not unheard of for players for players to exchange comments, but again, there is the spam for recruitments that cut it off. You talk about a toll in forcing recruitment requests onto region chat, but this filterless recruitment has been a massive  toll in of itself that has only gotten worse with time. Region chat may not be the best option, but I will say that it’s better than alternative of leaving things as is (let alone removing even more filters so that there wil be less aways to avoid it).

People say that this game feels dead, don’t you think that the overwhelming spam has anything to do with it?

What toll does it take? You argument is entirely irrelevant. As I said, faction content is No Longer A Thing and therefore faction chat, which purpose was for factions to plan out or call out to each other, is useless by your definition.
If more people spend time in lobby, then fewer people will talk in faction chat because it cannot be used.
If you're referring to the weekly spam, there is no lobby for weeklies.
Region chat being the only option is not better than the alternative because it will only cause more hard crashes as several hundred people are loaded into one area.
And more times than not when I talk in faction chat, funny enough we overshadow the party recruitment spam.
And lastly, people say this game feels dead because what more is there to do than run the top four dungeons? It doesn't feel dead cause of a chat, it feels dead because it is dead. Because there's nothing to do other than spam the everloving god out of 3-4 dungeons, get smacked up in pvp until you throw in enough money to smack people up in pvp only to have your class nerfed or to get a job and the time lockout cuck you, and wait for weekly and daily lockouts to reset. It isn't cause people recruit in faction chat.

Am 6.10.2019 um 14:05 schrieb Grimoir:

Not everyone has the recruitment chanels active also the recruitment channel is for dragonspire recruitments not linking a dungeon. Weeklies and msp have no dragonspire.

before the server merger we on the german server used f7=dragon spire for searching/finding raids (mostly weeklies, msp, bt). 

after the merger nobody is using it "because nobody is using it"...

so now everyone is spamming a recruitment message several times per minute and i gave up on educating them.

trade chat is usually in mushin region chat, but a channel for trade would be nice too.

Your statement about “faction chat cannot be used”, is irrelevant when Im neither requesting for it’s removal nor when you account the very fact that it is actually usuable.

People do use it for other things besides spamming links, while people do spam links even outside faction chat. Even the lobbys that you talk about are spammed with links.

The toll for obligatory region chat wont be that big, when the regions for the relevant dungeons are always crowded with people that are recruiting. It might be inconvenient that you actively have to go to an area before being able to join a party, but the inconvenience there isn’t anywhere as big as being unable to communicate without getting flooded with spam.

You may say that there isn’t much incentive to chat now, but this lack of incentive isn’t without a reason. No one will bother to talk if they have to scroll through heaps just to find the comment they inded to reply to. But,  people who are only interested in joining any random party that is requesting their dungeon of interest, will do so in any channel where it’s available. 

There may be other reasons for why this game feels dead, but the spam only makes it worse.  Since the players in this case, practically sounds like lifeless bots, leaving out whatever little life an active chat would have. 

The faction chat may have not been intended to be the social global chat, but it wasn’t intended to just be a dump of links either. It’s just is whatever it’s used for, but from what I can see, social players are more of a need for a global chat than the dungeon only ones, precisely cause the latter will usually be in regions of their dungeons, while social players may not necessarily want to be joining the party of the people they chat with.

I do think a truly global chat without faction restrictions would be ideal, but if we are forced to only work with what the game already has, it’s not only easier to change the flow of recruitment, but it also will be the one the will be held back the least by such a change.

If there are too many players in a single area, then they usually will be split between alternate game channels... That’s what has always been (and still is) being done, don’t see why this should be any different.

Besides, even if we say the links are automatically blocked in the faction chat, it’s not like players will be completely forbidden to form a party through it... It’d just be more casual, and probably not repeated more than once unless regarded as spam.

Edited by MillyMail

8 hours ago, MillyMail said:

The toll for obligatory region chat wont be that big, when the regions for the relevant dungeons are always crowded with people that are recruiting. It might be inconvenient that you actively have to go to an area before being able to join a party, but the inconvenience there isn’t anywhere as big as being unable to communicate without getting flooded with spam.

Believe me - it is insane inconvenience. Being there. Whatever devs do to forcibly restrict recruitment in faction chat players will find a way around. It will only annoy noticeable part of population. Global chat is a must for endgame players being it recruitment or trade. Decisions for spam can be different but not by dividing populace into regions.

PS: And about game being dead. Dead game doesn't get updates every several months. It doesn't even get crucial patches. Populace may be zombies but that is another matter.

Edited by Crimhare

10 hours ago, Immunity said:

before the server merger we on the german server used f7=dragon spire for searching/finding raids (mostly weeklies, msp, bt). 

after the merger nobody is using it "because nobody is using it"...

so now everyone is spamming a recruitment message several times per minute and i gave up on educating them.

trade chat is usually in mushin region chat, but a channel for trade would be nice too.

yup, on my server before merge that was the main place to make parties for dungeons, not F8 and now i tihnk no one uses it at all which is a shame lol.

They should jsut remove F8 and make everyone use F7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimhare said:

Believe me - it is insane inconvenience. Being there. Whatever devs do to forcibly restrict recruitment in faction chat players will find a way around. It will only annoy noticeable part of population. Global chat is a must for endgame players being it recruitment or trade. Decisions for spam can be different but not by dividing populace into regions.

PS: And about game being dead. Dead game doesn't get updates every several months. It doesn't even get crucial patches. Populace may be zombies but that is another matter.

The thing about zombie populations, is that they scare off fresh blood, while they also rot away. It’s not a sudden death, but the gaming experience has  become more notably dull than couple of years ago, even tho new content has never really stopped comming.  

I guess that leaving party recruitment without a global chat may not be the best idea... But it really must have it’s own dedicated channel either ways. Preferably one that isn’t restricted between factions.

Think it would be also neat if the social ones could also get their global chat, but the priority here is to segregate them throughly off from the recruitments, so that players can filter them properly.