UNREAL ENGINE 4 NEWS!

Woah64

UE4 date confirmed to come out end of this year for KR and 1-2 month later in EU in russian stream
so @Cyan @Hime  can we also get some news from your team?

you should take ths oportunity to also conisder moving game to steam, to add more players to base....
or advertise more , try to share news....
let ppl know , more ppl will play if ue4 is comming!

Edited by Woah64
  • Like 1

Wow, I haven't played this game since May, it's been a long time but saw this and got so happy. I've been missing BnS but with all these issues I knew it was time to move on but I'll definitely come back if performance improves with UE4.

It's great news, but at this point bns really needs an upgrade for its gameplay.

The direction bns goes cannot be covered by better fps anymore. Upgrades, challenge, time, balance, money all of which going to either extreme. 

Thats not healthy for a game, let alone it's playerbase

1 hour ago, SuperMang said:

Please do not put the game on steam. That's a horrible idea, period. 

And super excited about UE4

well as much i doubt it will ever happen, i say why not??
i dont understand you at all...

you can play game how you want , if game is also on steam it means u can also play it there or not...
u can chose what launcher u want and it does not affect you or your gameplay in any way...

i just wanted to suggest it so we can get more new players....

if you dont like steam, just play it regular from nc launcher ff it happens     o____0

Edited by Woah64
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Woah64 said:

you can play game how you want , if game is also on steam it means u can also play it there or not...

I think what he means is that if it goes on steam, it may suffer a performance hit and a lot of baby players no one wants, not to mention review bombing.

To give you an example with Tera:

If you use the non-steam client, game runs perfectly after applying a few tweaks here and there, when i use the steam version, not even the tweaks help, game runs horribly compared to the non-steam version.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

To give you an example with Tera:

How many times in your posts have you argued that BnS is not Game X or Game Y! Your point is completely invalid!!!!

Now you in here like, well when Tera went to steam, this happened...

luls

11 minutes ago, Psylokke said:

How many times in your posts have you argued that BnS is not Game X or Game Y! Your point is completely invalid!!!!

Now you in here like, well when Tera went to steam, this happened...

luls

If you decide to bring up what i am talking about at least bring it up correctly.

"This is game X not game Y" yes i said it when it comes to gameplay changes IN THE GAME, system changes, mechanic changes. The example i am giving here is not changes in the game, its purely the fact that the steam version of a game performs worse than the standalone.

This ofc doesnt mean it might be the same for BnS if it were to go on steam, but doesnt change the fact that i gave an example on how a game received a major performance hit while being available through steam.

As someone with older hw (i7 5700hq, gtx960m, 8gb ram) i am more scared of the ue4 than anything else tbh. Now i somehow managed to have quite playable ~50fps 6man (with off characters) and like 20-30fps in raids and any tweak in the optimization can be fatal for me. We shall see

I hope that this UE4 fixes stuff for the client itself, ever since this new client and launcher, I've been having problem with my client.

I use to be able to run this game pretty decently, but now everytime I play it it gets slower and slower, and I know it's not my computer,

I regularly update, clean, repair anything that needs repairing and keep it up to date.

I could run this on 5th setting, now I'm freezing at everything and I don't know why.

It doesn't do this on BDO, Astellia, FFXIV, but here it really really hates me.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, SuperMang said:

Kind of a long read but very interesting insight on steam and the reason why I said that it's a very bad idea all around.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing! I agree with you, I really don't like Valve's business, but I also can't deny that it might be good for B&S -- assuming it would work the same way as Black Desert's website and Steam version where it's connected via the same server. It could provide a much needed influx of players.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, SuperMang said:

Kind of a long read but very interesting insight on steam and the reason why I said that it's a very bad idea all around.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

that article seems very sponsored on bashing steam...

like "they forced you to install steam with half life"....well duuuh....its their own game why wouldnt they?

Lets be honest, valve had a great idea, now everyone is trying to get a piece of that old cake by pure greed and force you to install all their launchers along with their games.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, Miykhail said:

Considering UE4 will fix the gameplay, there's nothing to fear.

Review bombimb on Tera was bcs game performance was and tbh, still trash. Poor optimization ruins any game.

In what way will Ue4 fix gameplay? I've heard this everywhere, is it gonna make the game less grindy, make it so we run more than 4 dungeons a year, balance classes, make pvp relevant, make pve relevant, make openworld relevant? I believe that is what is meant by hameplay, not how the game runs.

1 hour ago, Laura099 said:

In what way will Ue4 fix gameplay? I've heard this everywhere, is it gonna make the game less grindy, make it so we run more than 4 dungeons a year, balance classes, make pvp relevant, make pve relevant, make openworld relevant? I believe that is what is meant by hameplay, not how the game runs.

You must be blind or really dind't got the general idea. Or just playing dumb on purpose.

No one ever said UE4 will make game less grindy or change how the game works on paper. That's not the main issue of the game. This is a MMO, it's meant to be grindy. Otherwise you will play will you reach 60 and never login back. If you expect a pvp game with "balance" there's things called LoL, DOTA, Overwatch, CS, Fortinite, and so on. If you want a MMO where grinding don't matter, then that's truly not a MMO, sorry. Company will make game free, and put the p2w content to profit, or will charge you 100$ to buy the game and charge you again for expansions. 

UE4 will fix what was the initial issue, the lag and the poor optimization since this game runs over UE3 and DX9, which are not supported anymore at some extent because newer engines and graphical technologies got released.

I don't mind farming a hundred dungeons,  if my experience while doing it is smooth. If I can run the game on Max graphics, AA, full resolution and at 100fps, I will enjoy every second of it, because this game was made to be beautiful, to please the eyes. Sadly, with 5 fps while on low settings, I can't enjoy any of it. And I'm sure 99% of the players think the same. Specially those who already quit out of frustration. 

Saying the game is boring because you need to farm everyday, is just a matter of how the devs will introduce content. But Putting more content won't matter if you can't even play or enjoy it.

But,,,, of course, if we have a bigger community like some years ago, finding a raid group, a dedicated party and more reliable players will smoothen the whole gameplay on that matter as well, instead of having to fail and stress myself because everyone lags and nothing works. Gameplay implies you playing the game and being able to do so. 

The problem with BnS  poor optimization, is shared among a lot of other korean MMOs of that time (even though BnS takes the podium imho): UE3 was not very good for big open games like MMOs, so they used a modified version of the engine, wich ended with pretty poor performance and some other problems (UIs for example are pretty rough for the performance, try to play with Control X and you'll notice how the game runs way smoother). UE4 is different, it's a newer engine, more capable and way more scalable, so, in theory, the game could look exactly like it looks now, or even slightly better, and run WAY better, have faster loading times, etc, and at the same time, since it's more scalable, it should be able to change to better graphics (at the cost of performance).

But on the other hand, as far as I know, they already had a UE4 version of the game that looked almost like it looks now, and people who saw it was dissapointed since they expected better graphics, so they discarded that version and began a new one from the bottom. I hope that at least it looks like our current version with better performance in it's lower settings, if they accomplish that, it will be a great success.

Edited by Toshiwoshi

9 hours ago, Miykhail said:

But,,,, of course, if we have a bigger community like some years ago, finding a raid group, a dedicated party and more reliable players will smoothen the whole gameplay on that matter as well, instead of having to fail and stress myself because everyone lags and nothing works. Gameplay implies you playing the game and being able to do so.

I expect quite a lot of players to return when UE4 hits. So population may actually increase again.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I expect quite a lot of players to return when UE4 hits. So population may actually increase again.

Sadly I expect nearly the same amount to quit again after a few weeks when they realize that there is no real gameplay challenge. There would be a challenge in pvp, but as a newbie participating in BG is like being a dummie for the geared ones and arena at it's current state is not attractive enough to bind players. Honestly new hardmode dungeons are fun for the first 20-30 times once you've done all possible roles and after that just a braindead farming spot.

• 6 months later...