Hello, fresh new player. Just struggled to level 40

reynnsnow

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to ask a question or two about if this game is worth putting anymore time into? I struggled to get to level 40 in 2 days of playing; the biggest problem was that I was extremely bored and haven't had any fun yet playing. The class I chose 1 shots everything, the quests say go here and go there and maybe kill 1 thing and that's it? I go in a dungeon and never get to fight the boss because I have no boss quest. Additionally, killing bosses and looting treasure chests has been seriously disappointing. The players in chat just kept saying: "Keep going, the game only starts at lvl 60" "I've had to do the story 20 times, stop complaining" (I wasn't complaining, I was just extremely bored and had been burned out of the game before I was even level 30), "This game is dead" and the way chat was going, it definitely felt dead, people were unable to fill their parties after 30 minutes of spamming as I felt like I was the only other soul in the chat. Additionally, I'm a social type of player so I enjoy being in a clan and having friends in the game but every social clan I joined and gave a chance (up to 11 right now) 7 have been Spanish guilds(Totally cool, but I'm not Spanish so doesn't make much sense for me to be there, you know), 2 were just me and no one else and the other 2 only had like 2 other people active and they warned me about more game problems...

Therefore, I'm worried about what kind of game/ community I decided to participate with. Is this game worth struggling to the end or is it just the same boring, repetition of nothing really meaningful/ rewarding from the gameplay besides maybe the aesthetics? Lastly, is the game truly dead? I know it's ~5 years old, right? I don't mind game age but if it's starting to show its age/ wear & tear along with the players not playing/ enjoying the game much then I'd like to stay away and get into another game my brother suggested I try is Path Of Exile while we wait for Lost Ark Online. I appreciate your time and thanks for reading my post.

Cordially,

Reyn

I didn't expect the game to be this extremely boring from the get go. I've never played any game that has been so dead and lackluster all the way through so far. It's almost like the designing company was like this will suck all the way to the end but just bare it and then start playing... Is that really a good way to do things? It's like saying here's some good food but you have to eat this s*** first. Ummm yeah, no thanks; I'd rather just eat elsewhere that has better food even if it costs more, I don't mind if the quality and enjoyment/ done right is there. With responses from players like you confirming the worst, I think I have a good idea on what to expect for my time in Blade & Soul.

Edited by reynnsnow

15 minutes ago, reynnsnow said:

I didn't expect the game to be this extremely boring from the get go. I've never played any game that has been so dead and lackluster all the way through so far. It's almost like the designing company was like this will suck all the way to the end but just bare it and then start playing... Is that really a good way to do things? It's like saying here's some good food but you have to eat this s*** first. Ummm yeah, no thanks; I'd rather just eat elsewhere that has better food even if it costs more, I don't mind if the quality and enjoyment/ done right is there. With responses from players like you confirming the worst, I think I have a good idea on what to expect for my time in Blade & Soul.

Different people like different things.

But if you play only to reach end game, then that's a bad way to play any game. Just enjoy the story while you are lvling.

• Like 1

Like the guy above said, if you jump right into it just wanting to reach end game it's going to be boring. Blade and soul's story is actually really good in my opinion but it would take a long time at this point to get through it all so i get why you might not want to bother with story. If all you're looking to do is level quickly you shouldn't have issues, leveling in blade and soul is fairly quick you can do it in a couple days or less if you have the time. Gear from the story quest will be fine until max level, what I do is go ahead through and solo the bosses of the smaller dungeons while leveling anyway, even if it wasn't part of the quest just for fun. And just like any game, don't listen to people ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about the game on the forums before you even play lol that's going to put you in a bad mindset playing. Blade and soul has been going downhill over the years but I wouldn't say it's dead quite yet, as long as people are still playing Dragon Nest I'll never call this game dead. If UE4 comes out without problems and manages to fix some of the optimization issues that make or break the game for some people, the game could redeem itself. I'd say UE4 is the last hope for this game in terms of redeeming itself in the eyes of its players. You're just starting the game, take your time, play a few classes try things out, just try and enjoy the game and at least get a character or two to max level before you give up.

• Like 2

From my experience, this game is either best played solo or with friends at the beginning. Random Party play is only really fine when dealing with daily quests or raids (would be too easy and uninteresting otherwise)

The story is fairly interesting, but the challenge comes from the side dungeons and post story quest. Any dungeons entered via the storyline are made super easy so that just anyone can breeze through it, although some may not only be more difficult when entered normally, but may also come with a hard mode once unlocked (Yunsang is my favorite boss).

Otherwise, the more epic fights comes from the PvP arena which you can enter once lvl 45, while there is also some neat Shackled island mode which is basically a free for all that most people can participate in within some time intervals (although it’s mostly crowded with end game players, so you can expect to be screwed a lot). There is also open world pvp for people wearing faction uniforms, but unless you want to ineffectively kamikaze into a high level players or harass newbes that are simply farming prestige points, it’s a mostly dead feature.

Edited by Lunar Sphere

23 hours ago, reynnsnow said:

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to ask a question or two about if this game is worth putting anymore time into? I struggled to get to level 40 in 2 days of playing; the biggest problem was that I was extremely bored and haven't had any fun yet playing. The class I chose 1 shots everything, the quests say go here and go there and maybe kill 1 thing and that's it? I go in a dungeon and never get to fight the boss because I have no boss quest. Additionally, killing bosses and looting treasure chests has been seriously disappointing. The players in chat just kept saying: "Keep going, the game only starts at lvl 60" "I've had to do the story 20 times, stop complaining" (I wasn't complaining, I was just extremely bored and had been burned out of the game before I was even level 30), "This game is dead" and the way chat was going, it definitely felt dead, people were unable to fill their parties after 30 minutes of spamming as I felt like I was the only other soul in the chat. Additionally, I'm a social type of player so I enjoy being in a clan and having friends in the game but every social clan I joined and gave a chance (up to 11 right now) 7 have been Spanish guilds(Totally cool, but I'm not Spanish so doesn't make much sense for me to be there, you know), 2 were just me and no one else and the other 2 only had like 2 other people active and they warned me about more game problems...

Therefore, I'm worried about what kind of game/ community I decided to participate with. Is this game worth struggling to the end or is it just the same boring, repetition of nothing really meaningful/ rewarding from the gameplay besides maybe the aesthetics? Lastly, is the game truly dead? I know it's ~5 years old, right? I don't mind game age but if it's starting to show its age/ wear & tear along with the players not playing/ enjoying the game much then I'd like to stay away and get into another game my brother suggested I try is Path Of Exile while we wait for Lost Ark Online. I appreciate your time and thanks for reading my post.

Cordially,

Reyn

Havnt read all the answers: Sorry.

It was more challenging in 2016. Today the challenge starts with Mushin Tower Floor 20 and some other Dungeons like Dreamtheater, Circle of Sundering is quite challenging solo content. Else the Challenge is the gearing and to fight the boredom while farming, because the time spend versus reward has some gap. I.e. evolving weapon takes about 140 sacred soulstones (plz beratter me if i mixed up the soulstones) for 20k peaches you get maybe 30. Depending how you farm these it takes about 2-5 hours. Farming these Items takes sometimes weeks. But i guess the Rewards are elsewhere within Clanactivities and Duels (which dont require much gear tbh). So if you decide to stay, find a clan that is supportive or invite some friends or so. If not, find another game. I think this has good mechanics compared and the difficulty depends alot on your class and ping. 

hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, Kekke said:

Havnt read all the answers: Sorry.

It was more challenging in 2016. Today the challenge starts with Mushin Tower Floor 20 and some other Dungeons like Dreamtheater, Circle of Sundering is quite challenging solo content. Else the Challenge is the gearing and to fight the boredom while farming, because the time spend versus reward has some gap. I.e. evolving weapon takes about 140 sacred soulstones (plz beratter me if i mixed up the soulstones) for 20k peaches you get maybe 30. Depending how you farm these it takes about 2-5 hours. Farming these Items takes sometimes weeks. But i guess the Rewards are elsewhere within Clanactivities and Duels (which dont require much gear tbh). So if you decide to stay, find a clan that is supportive or invite some friends or so. If not, find another game. I think this has good mechanics compared and the difficulty depends alot on your class and ping. 

hope this helps.

More challenging? Doesn't the bosses fight the exact same way with about the same stats as before? A lvl 40 boss may be creamed if you fight them as lvl 50 obviously, but the higher their levels are to yours, the more effort it'd take to knock them down. Thus, doing dailies and/or side dungeons that are at least the same level as yours would be recommended if you want a chellenge. Some side quests are also necessary to unlock more dungeons, although due to the low rewards, it would slow down your level progression by a bit. But hey, it would make the game seem harder.

Honestly, for as much veterans want to rush new players to simply reach the end game, I would actually recommend against it. Because although there are indeed a lot of end game content, there is also quite a few dungeons and areas made of mid lvl players... Dungeons that are only challenging if you play them as the written level, but become piz easy once you hit the end game. So instead of trying to rush to the top, just play the game at your own pace, and do the quests that you have available. Most event items will return eventually, so there is no reason to race with everybody else, dont be afraid to explore the game outside the seasons events and main story.

Edited by Lunar Sphere