Forums

Additional Dungeon and Daily Challenge Changes Coming

Cyan

Thank you for listening to our concerns, taking them seriously, doing something about it, and communicating it to us.

A lot of us just stopped playing actively since the patch, even with the addition of a new class. I am glad to know that the amount of daily challenge quests that need to be completed will be reduced, the return of ascension orb shards, and that some of the mechanics of the easy mode dungeons will be revisited for accuracy. It's highly confusing for a player to come to expect being able to clear and not wipe in a previous Normal Mode dungeon, and to introduce an "Easy Mode" where wiping is easily possible. It doesn't make it sound "Easy" as its implied.

• Like 2

The promised changes are nice and all, but are you still not acknowledging the dungeons below WC? The (massively) increased damage from SSM fireball or DD floor on Boss 1 is totally helping me learn mechs...for dungeons I have literally run 100's of times...to practice for hard modes...that aren't in the game.

And before the white knights come in, the issue isn't that I can't complete these (I can); the issue is regression. In an MMORPG, players should never be unable or have a harder time doing today, what they could easily accomplish yesterday. No one wants to feel like their character has moved backwards just because of a badly thought out patch players had no say in.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Unya said:

The promised changes are nice and all, but are you still not acknowledging the dungeons below WC? The (massively) increased damage from SSM fireball or DD floor on Boss 1 is totally helping me learn mechs...for dungeons I have literally run 100's of times...to practice for hard modes...that aren't in the game.

And before the white knights come in, the issue isn't that I can't complete these (I can); the issue is regression. In an MMORPG, players should never be unable or have a harder time doing today, what they could easily accomplish yesterday. No one wants to feel like their character has moved backwards just because of a badly thought out patch players had no say in.

this current situation is like someone took your money then after a week of begging he give you 1/3 of it back and you praise him for it.

• Like 3

Any chance of nerfing the buffed mechanics on the lower dungeons? Its supposed to be easy mode.  Pre patch normal mode was easier than what those dungeons are at now.   It feels more like those "nerfs" were actually buffs.  And to add insult to injury those dungeons which were buffed  had their gold nerfed. 

Another idea would be to replicate what you guys did with cold storage and heavens mandate with old content/dungeons. Buff them all and put the gold rewards per dungeon to be 10.  Recycling old dungeons was a very GOOD idea.  (id like to face poharan again, and relive the classic 45 nostalgia days)

1. It would give players a chance to spend more time in the game.   Thats what actually generates the company money. The more time people spend inside the game the more the company earns. Its a win win here.

2. It would give players more choices (and variety) to grab their resources from. it would make it possible for new players  to easily gear up /catch up.  While at the same time they spend more time in the game. But dont feel like chasing a carrot on a stick. (which is what the game feels like at endgame. Just when you are about to reach endgame gear, new gear shows up and the grind never ends.  It gets old after awhile which is why it is wise to wait a bit more before throwing out new content. Gives players a chance to catch up and sit on endgame gear for a few months.  )

What Devs needs to take into account is the TIME people spend inside a game.   If you make it longer per dungeon with lower rewards;  people will get tired and move on to the next big thing.  People have lives outside of the game and dont have the time to play 12 hours a day.  The game forces you to play on alts in order to progress. 45-60 minutes per alts;  thats alot of time when we have other things to do irl, and not to mention: sitting around all day can give you health problems. (I recently been having an Edema problem, which is the result of too much time on the computer.  An edema can cause heart failure for those who do not know. Real life issues like these forces one to leave the game entirely and focus on physical activities or resting your feet.)

Its my 5 cents and also my genuine concerns. I love this game, and no other game can compare to the combat system of it.  But the more difficult it becomes to progress and the more time it takes to progress.  Eventually it all leads to a burn out.  

Im glad some things are getting reverted back to what it was pre patch. But not everything is reverted back, and thats a problem still for new players.  

NC west does NOT have to follow the format of korea.  NC West can do their own thing.  Im sure you guys can cook up new things as well.  

Have a good one Cyan, and thanks for the updates.

Edited by CastielSeven
  • Like 2

Cyan I hope that you keep in mind that the purple quests for windwalking are bugged especially for windwalking No. 4 since it does absolutely nothing and the quest does not advance and that there are also problems with the Zen Archer ... Thank you for your hard work ..

I'm just curious, How many ppl have quit the game? in order for YOU to notice that such brainless gold reduction and making the game HARDER AND MORE HARDER for players, isn't gonna work? Hope you will realize that you have to come near to the player's whit some cool events, where we can get something, not such event only for the players that cash in your game. To be honest I don't expect much from a team that at 3rd anniversary is releasing an event where you can get an outfit that you have already got for free. That was the most awesome event ever. When I think of it I'm still laughing. You as a dev team are a joke. Still looking forward to seeing what useless event you will release. Hope the game will make it to the 4th anniversary

Edited by Shimigami

Just gonna be honest. While this is the correct move to fix the mistakes that have occurred, this stuff should've happened during the release of zen archer on Sept 18th and not 2 weeks later. With all the shenanigans that have happened, u guys at NCWest lost some players permanently from this and probably some who will never spend money on this game ever again. I'm one of those players that use to whale and spend money on this game, but after seeing the direction this game has been heading towards from the past 1.5 years, throwing money into this game is like dumping the money into the ocean. I've haven't spent almost anything on this game now with the exception of $20 for my archer skill voucher set and some dragon pouches. But other than that, I'm not troving with ncoins. I've always notice that whenever there is some whale event (trove or rng boxes) that comes out, some crap happens from your side and we, the player community, are on the receiving end of this crap. Big update patches are never correct on the 1st time, the radiant energy fiasco, etc. If u guys want to keep this game going, which tbh, idk if this game gonna last another 2 years given the direction it's heading, then the devs need to be honest and getting it right the 1st time. No surprises nor fiasco. 

• Like 2

While people in this game continue "crying" (its ok to cry/complain because the issues are real! no joke!) about this patch they forget that the game gets more and more P2W with more and more "real money only" things in the shop which give REAL advantages like Unity stones etc.

In addition they add packages that are pure scam and the people who don't know the game fall into this trap!

NCWest know how to destroy a game... not only with bad patches.

• Like 1

I'll just wait and see if these fixed really does get in aftre wed. It may become like last Wed wheer the dungs stays the same anyway. I dont belive in promises anymore.

And it still imcomplete, not all issues as peopel have pointed up above are cared for either. 

It's a first step in right direction but it's not like we're even with this patch. We deserve more changes to be made in the name of players. There are plenty of things that need to be changed asap and there are plenty of topics which includes very good feedback with pointed stuff that should be done/changed/implemented. You should definitely look forward to "send it to KR devs"

18 minutes ago, PanCore said:

It's a first step in right direction but it's not like we're even with this patch. We deserve more changes to be made in the name of players. There are plenty of things that need to be changed asap and there are plenty of topics which includes very good feedback with pointed stuff that should be done/changed/implemented. You should definitely look forward to "send it to KR devs"

The next step would be compensating us for releasing an unfinished update, on purpose, so they would have more time to work on it.

Edited by KlausFlouride
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

The next step would be compensating us for releasing an unfinished update, on purpose, so they would have more time to work on it.

I won't expect any form of compensation from NCSoft. We should be getting compensation for White Orb and Demon Stone fiasko, but we didn't get anything which you could call "compensation". 

This time they should at least give players 14 days of Premium Membership due to bugged patch, but they won't bother because like they already confirmed many times they don't care about players only about big whales.

8 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

14 days of premium is a joke, we have been beta testing this trash for 2+ weeks now and should be compensated in a meaningful way.

This idea of compensation was just an example. For such untested and bugged patch we've got we should be getting way better compensation than 14 days premium. But like always we will be getting nothing in return.

well it is going better way now, changes are on its way.....
i would much more like for us to have test server from now on

or even atleast try to comunicate with us more, ask us for opinions.....

as for new changes, we will see after patch is updated...

but overall ty for listening us

• Like 1

I think that this is a step in the right direction, however i still feel like the changes to the lower dungeons also need to be addressed. The old hardmode mechs coupled with lower rewards for dungeons that dont even have hardmode anymore is still a terrible. 

• Like 1

Am 28.9.2019 um 17:02 schrieb RyVerseLy:

Well the "storm of arrows" patch was like 5 steps back and now you go like 2 steps forward. It's the right direction, but don't think everything is just fine again, the damage is done.
I would add some things:
- PLEASE let hardmode dungeons count for the Daily Challenge, even if they are listed as easymode. Now we HAVE to do the easymode, even if we normally would do the hardmode. If you want to encourage players to do hardmodes, let them count for the daily challenge. Or just do it like before and let both modes of every dungeon count for the DC.
- You should increase the gold for Cathedra Cliffs, because at the moment you get like 13g or something with premium. It's less than for Warped Citadel.
- PLEASE make it possible again to iframe the 180° aoe in Warped Citadel 2nd boss in easy mode. I am in a CM Group so I know the jump mechanics, but nobody does them in easymode/normalmode in f8 with 5 strangers, because it's just not necessary and to know you will get knockbacked and there is no safe spot and there is nothing you can do, is just sooo annoying. So please change this again.
- after a bossfight in dungeons now every skill gets resetted, THIS was a really good change imo, you should extend this system to solodungeons, weeklies and raids. This would be a nice QoL change^^
- I would like to see solodungeons back in the Daily Challenge
- I noticed that in some low dungeons NO loot box drops after the bosss is dead, for example in Shattered Masts and Naryu Foundry. Futhermore you can't obtain the accursed weapon (from Soguns Lament) and the tormented weapon (from Avalanche Den/ Lair of the Frozen Fang/ Awakened Necropolis) anymore, because they were a drop from the dynamic quest boxes back then and you removed them. Would be nice if we can get them for example in basin for peaches for our collection.

I will just quote myself^^
Please fix these things, at least the WC aoe and hard modes in DC :grrr::pain:
And btw why all the easy modes still have 3 phases of mechanics, like hard modes? normal modes always had only 2 phases.

Edited by RyVerseLy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RyVerseLy said:

And btw why all the easy modes still have 3 phases of mechanics, like hard modes? normal modes alway had only 2 phases.

Because nothing is fixed yet.. and some bosses still have some wipe mechs in easymode..

• Cyan unpinned this topic