Additional Dungeon and Daily Challenge Changes Coming

Cyan

Well planned changes @Cyan I really do appreciate all of them.

However I do wonder if WC pizza stays unavoidable or will be reverted as it used to be?

Just curious here.

Additionally I'd like to request some changes regarding rewards in Outlaw Island.

Furthermore (and I know it is list here and there already plentyful), can we aquire some sort or form of a testing facility for upcoming patches? Esp. the people that play an impressíve amount per day, since overall it took the community about 3 days to elaborate most bugs that occured during this recent patch. Also I wanna suggest the same group of players - respective to each language provided - should be able to read patch notes before they do go live. Theese steps may prevent plenty confusion.

Suprisingly the vanished lootboxes from like NF, EC, etc. have not been mentioned, so I really do hope it's been worked on, yet impossible to be resolved.

11 hours ago, 900870_1452550662 said:

Thank you Cyan. Just updating with a post like this means a lot to the players. This content update is definitely a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, 827745_1452550003 said:

:D thank you so much for Talking for us to the developer and changing stuff to the good, western Player are diffrent form east Players.

Again Thank you so much :D

100 % not fake. And veteran players, look at this awesome nickname!

There is absolutely no reason to rest on one's laurels. Blade and Soul have much biggers problem and people was ranting with much more reasons... Im afraid that now NCWest will read comments like "thank you!" "You are awesome" "What a hard work!" And they will say "Alright boys! We solved problem with community rage, they are thankful, John prepare new Soul upgrade for 500 oils, psyches for Unity stones, hongmoon level cap 50 and unity cap 200, also break something that people will rant about this, we will fix it next week and they will be happy again"

Edited by MarjoKun
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, MarjoKun said:

100 % not fake. And veteran players, look at this awesome nickname!

There is absolutely no reason to rest on one's laurels. Blade and Soul have much biggers problem and people was ranting with much more reasons... Im afraid that now NCWest will read comments like "thank you!" "You are awesome" "What a hard work!" And they will say "Alright boys! We solved problem with community rage, they are thankful, John prepare new Soul upgrade for 500 oils, psyches for Unity stones, hongmoon level cap 50 and unity cap 200, also break something that people will rant about this, we will fix it next week and they will be happy again"

The people that write the 1st time, did basically nothing and bask in the fruits.
And as I expected people grew tired, even venting at the people that continue, though ncwest & ncsoft were the ones that started it.
Thanks is a given, but don´t give the whole hand, forgetting everything. Especially if you never contributed to the discussion and didn´t even raise your voice. With you around nothing would have changed.

• Like 1

Thank you for listening to the players, faith restored in Blade & Soul. I was one of the players who made a post about gold nerfs being hurtful to new players and i feel like i’ve been indirectly heard. I just hope that these changes will compensate for the loss of gold each day compared to how much gold we got before the nerfs.

well this is something atleast but its still long way to go if you guys want some good well back.

keep in mind that non of this fixes and uno reverse would've been necessary if our feedback we kept giving for month and months been heard, take the current event for example, its an insult to veterans and new players alike, you need over 120 stone to upgrade from heart 1 to awakned cosmic 5, even heart level 1 takes 3 stones to upgrade it to heart level 2 its insane.

Edited by casbisto

Im honestly surprised that NC-Soft finaly showed a reaction and took a step in the right direction.

Thank you for finaly listen to the community and taking a step in the right direction.

Anyway, the changes you mentioned wount help lower geared and new players since most of the changes just affect the highest dungeons.

To keep new players and help lower geared there is still work to be done. Lets not forget about this topic.

Anyway, even you now finaly start listening, the damage is done, many players left, raidgroups broke apart and even complete guilds as someone stated here in the forums.

You took a step in the right direction, stay on this way and maybe (hopefully) some players will return in future.

Your next step should be rethinking your poilitics regarding patch notes.

Post patchnotes at least 1 or 2 weeks befor the patch will be done, you can collect feedback and will have time to make adjustments, at least small onesbefor any damage is done. 

Even when people complain about things you cant fix befor the patch occure im quite sure people wont be mad when you say you will fix it in a later patch.

Start communicating, be transparent and im quite sure you will have a very thankfully community.

vor einer Stunde schrieb i wanna die:

Thank you for listening to the players, faith restored in Blade & Soul.

Well it is for sure a step in the right direction, but to restore faith and overall thrust there is much more nessesary ;)

Edited by Merlin DE
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Makina Usui said:

Oh well, no more wipe mechanics even in the most endgame dungeon. Welcome back to the braindead game.

easy mode is not suppose to have wipe mechanics you fool, if you want to flex your whale power then off you go to the current Hard modes dungeons and stop comparing everyone in the community to your level

• Like 1

Well the "storm of arrows" patch was like 5 steps back and now you go like 2 steps forward. It's the right direction, but don't think everything is just fine again, the damage is done.
I would add some things:
- PLEASE let hardmode dungeons count for the Daily Challenge, even if they are listed as easymode. Now we HAVE to do the easymode, even if we normally would do the hardmode. If you want to encourage players to do hardmodes, let them count for the daily challenge. Or just do it like before and let both modes of every dungeon count for the DC.
- You should increase the gold for Cathedra Cliffs, because at the moment you get like 13g or something with premium. It's less than for Warped Citadel.
- PLEASE make it possible again to iframe the 180° aoe in Warped Citadel 2nd boss in easy mode. I am in a CM Group so I know the jump mechanics, but nobody does them in easymode/normalmode in f8 with 5 strangers, because it's just not necessary and to know you will get knockbacked and there is no safe spot and there is nothing you can do, is just sooo annoying. So please change this again.
- after a bossfight in dungeons now every skill gets resetted, THIS was a really good change imo, you should extend this system to solodungeons, weeklies and raids. This would be a nice QoL change^^
- I would like to see solodungeons back in the Daily Challenge
- I noticed that in some low dungeons NO loot box drops after the bosss is dead, for example in Shattered Masts and Naryu Foundry. Futhermore you can't obtain the accursed weapon (from Soguns Lament) and the tormented weapon (from Avalanche Den/ Lair of the Frozen Fang/ Awakened Necropolis) anymore, because they were a drop from the dynamic quest boxes back then and you removed them. Would be nice if we can get them for example in basin for peaches for our collection.

• Like 2

It's nice to see that this is coming into place. 

What I think, is that it seems the Dev team and the Community Managers/Coordinators are not... well... coordinated. 

If on the patch preview, the community managers said we would have increased difficulty with reduced gold, but this was a necessary step due to... (some poor excuse to make us spend more time/gold in game) ok! 

But the problem was, someone sold us the idea that the dungeons would be much easier and therefore they would have their gold reward reduced, but after releasing the patch we saw the dungeon difficulty got harder. 

Before the patch I was able to solo with my main all dungeons up to Sandstorm Temple, with the exception of Ransacked Treasury and Drowning Deeps. I was "excited" to try The Shadowmoor solo after the patch. After the patch I've noticed there are other runs which have become harder, like Starstone Mines which is harder to be able to resist the HP drain in the last boss, and now in Hollow's Heart I got Instant Kill on spider boss?

I really think you should look into what is intended from the devs and come back to us with all the information.

It is nice to see that you are coming with some information, but there are other dungeons you are still neglecting info about. And if you don't bring us a proper reply, we will continue to speculate, always hoping for a future patch to correct this issue.

We need to know if you will return to old mechs, or if they will remain as they are.

We need to know if HP will be reduced as advertised.

We need to know if gold will still be nerfed, if the only thing that become easier was the designation of the dungeon, because in the practical side of the dungeon they all have become harder in a general way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Otaner said:

It's nice to see that this is coming into place. 

What I think, is that it seems the Dev team and the Community Managers/Coordinators are not... well... coordinated. 

If on the patch preview, the community managers said we would have increased difficulty with reduced gold, but this was a necessary step due to... (some poor excuse to make us spend more time/gold in game) ok! 

But the problem was, someone sold us the idea that the dungeons would be much easier and therefore they would have their gold reward reduced, but after releasing the patch we saw the dungeon difficulty got harder. 

Before the patch I was able to solo with my main all dungeons up to Sandstorm Temple, with the exception of Ransacked Treasury and Drowning Deeps. I was "excited" to try The Shadowmoor solo after the patch. After the patch I've noticed there are other runs which have become harder, like Starstone Mines which is harder to be able to resist the HP drain in the last boss, and now in Hollow's Heart I got Instant Kill on spider boss?

I really think you should look into what is intended from the devs and come back to us with all the information.

It is nice to see that you are coming with some information, but there are other dungeons you are still neglecting info about. And if you don't bring us a proper reply, we will continue to speculate, always hoping for a future patch to correct this issue.

We need to know if you will return to old mechs, or if they will remain as they are.

We need to know if HP will be reduced as advertised.

We need to know if gold will still be nerfed, if the only thing that become easier was the designation of the dungeon, because in the practical side of the dungeon they all have become harder in a general way.

i think most of the players would rather have hard dungeons and good gold rewards rather than braindead dungeons with crappy rewards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i wanna die said:

i think most of the players would rather have hard dungeons and good gold rewards rather than braindead dungeons with crappy rewards

nope. not everyone is on a hardcore level and many people like to complete their quests fast. An option of both or even all 3 options like korea would be best

I cant say I am satisifed with the changes. My main problem with this update was the removal of PvP/solo dungs dailies from the challenge, and the fact that we are kinda forced to do Moon refuge daily, especially for new chars. Although changes you have done are nice, for me problems remain almost the same.

• Like 1