Returning player with a few questions.

Vectros

First off, I never got all that time the first time around, level 37, and that was in late 2016 I believe.

1) When/how do I pick which subclass I play? I started up a Warden and see Guardian and fury at the top, and at one point a quest or a character said I'd choose my subclass at level 8 I think.

I'm now level 17. Further it almost seems I have skills from both classes-I have the rage mechanic which I think would be from Fury, while also having a guard ability that I got at level 1. When/how do I pick a subclass?

2) Did they up experience by a brick ton? I seem to be out leveling everything. Quests seem to be around 5 levels below me most of the time, and I'm breezing by everything. Will things get harder?

3) I remember there being certain skills that could be upgraded, and when I looked at my level 37 found a box to see only upgradable skills. How does this system work? When can I upgrade them? Are they related to subclass skills in any way?

4) Are there any good guides out there on the basics of the game? I can't find anything that talks about simple things like how item upgrading works and that kind of thing.

Thank you.

Edited by Vectros

5 hours ago, Vectros said:

1) When/how do I pick which subclass I play? I started up a Warden and see Guardian and fury at the top, and at one point a quest or a character said I'd choose my subclass at level 8 I think.

If i am not mistaken at level 55 you will pick the spec, until then you might be able to just switch the skill set when you press K but untill end game it doesnt really matter all that much.

2) Did they up experience by a brick ton? I seem to be out leveling everything. Quests seem to be around 5 levels below me most of the time, and I'm breezing by everything. Will things get harder?

Yes everything was streamlined so story will take you straight to level cap. Things wont get harder till you do end game dungeons.

3) I remember there being certain skills that could be upgraded, and when I looked at my level 37 found a box to see only upgradable skills. How does this system work? When can I upgrade them? Are they related to subclass skills in any way?

you dont upgrade skills. you can assign up to 5 points in skills that jsut up the damage a bit but you wont be able to do that till level 50-55. And even then you need to farm currency to unlock points. you get 5 points for reaching level 60, the remaining 10 come from skill unlock achievements.