Gold nerfs are making it hard for new players to catch up

i wanna die

Hi.

Another patch - another gold nerf. Before the nerfs a generous income of 100g/day could be easily achieved by most VT geared players now its impossible to scrap around at least 50g with the new quest reward reductions. I do understand that these changes are for the game’s economy but what about the players? They are getting half the income for the same effort.

Now even if you do all the new dungeons and the lower ones you cannot even scrap up 100g! A lowered income for the same amount of effort put in. You sometimes say that these changes are to make players do the higher dungeons so you force them out of the old ones by making them a waste of time. But how can you expect people to do the higher dungeons if doing them doesnt compensate the loss of average gold income per day? 

And what about the new players? How will they catch up if their income gets nerfed before they even manage to get to the current patch and gear level which will also be nerfed before they even reach the new gear level that will come out in a few months? I dont know.

if you nerf the gold rewards, make sure you nerf the upgrade costs for old tier gear (TT) to compensate for it cause these changes are only hurting the players.  And in my opinion upgrading TT gear isnt cheap enough to compensate. 

If you take away a source of gold income you should add a new one that can compensate and not make you loose money and require more effort.

Edited by i wanna die

I'm going to make this pretty short and somewhat sweet but really depends on your point of view. No tier of gear was made to be gotten through in a day, week or even month. No dungeon requires current end game gear to complete. At most once you hit mid game which honestly you reach near that point out of story and with few days farming in Moon Refuge allows you to do every dungeon you need in order to make gold. Some are harder mechanic wise but nothing that requires a high IQ. Now this is where things get tricky. I've looked through and would even consider doing the math for you if need be but you need more materials then gold to do upgrades unless of course your speaking of items like heart, soul, talisman, pet aura (which you can reach a good point in even these items without spending a arm and leg of gold). However to do raids and just in general to progress to end game (not max gear but "end game") you do not require much gold, however you require a ton of materials which you now get 2 chest per run of any dungeon.

Now for certain items you need to craft you would either have to get out of your comfort zone and do PvP for (soulstone / moonstone come to mind) but that is where you have options. I'm not going to spell it out for you but maybe I will. You can then farm dungeons for materials (every notice you get a ton of sacred orbs?) and sell the materials then buy what you lack, no need to be a pack rat leave that to those lyns.

As for the gold income amount per day being lowered I hear ya as it cut into my daily profit. I do about 675 gold a day now compared to before 900 so don't get me wrong. Refer to the other topic about fan patch notes for my other post about what the dungeons should of been like in this update.

Edited by Ryunosuke Takahashi

12 minutes ago, ImAMemer said:

Tbh, i dont mind the gold nerfs at all, but they should prolly have made it so it compensate little by making maybe make 3 instead of 2 material boxes in easy mode, and 4 in hardmodes. since it might help a little at least.

I think they changed somewhat the material gains a bit, dont get me wrong there are still things that are dumb, bot now for example the second boss in cold storage always gives a guaranteed elysian orb from the dynamic quest. (given orbs are another issue now, but still) so they did made some materials i dare say "ticy tiny bit more obtainable". Its not ideal but hey...

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

I think they changed somewhat the material gains a bit, dont get me wrong there are still things that are dumb, bot now for example the second boss in cold storage always gives a guaranteed elysian orb from the dynamic quest. (given orbs are another issue now, but still) so they did made some materials i dare say "ticy tiny bit more obtainable". Its not ideal but hey...

Yeah i have noticed that too, but it should be all around the dungeons tbh, as that guy who came up with his " patch notes " like giving out moonstone crystals / elysian crystals etc for complete dungeons + material boxes. i think that would be a great move to help low geared / alts / mains.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImAMemer said:

Yeah i have noticed that too, but it should be all around the dungeons tbh, as that guy who came up with his " patch notes " like giving out moonstone crystals / elysian crystals etc for complete dungeons + material boxes. i think that would be a great move to help low geared / alts / mains.

Yup, i also share the opinion that someone else suggested, to create character bound versions of some of the upgrade items so that people cant just farm for profit, for example allow to craft transformation stones that are bound with jsut crystals so players can be somewhat self sufficient with progressing, but then that would cut overall in the economy and make some items worthless at the same time.

Idk, it just seems  a drag and difficult to balance properly the material gains.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Yup, i also share the opinion that someone else suggested, to create character bound versions of some of the upgrade items so that people cant just farm for profit, for example allow to craft transformation stones that are bound with jsut crystals so players can be somewhat self sufficient with progressing, but then that would cut overall in the economy and make some items worthless at the same time.

Idk, it just seems  a drag and difficult to balance properly the material gains.

Well yeah its kinda hard to balance it out.. but it seems people are eager of getting korean version to EU/NA .. with all the rng upgrades :d personally i really dont want it to come here, i tested it on their version and .. imo this version are more friendly towards that, so somewhat they have made a good thing with it. 

or they could just have left the normal mode as it were and just got the Beginner mode from Korea but also with their loot from it, but then you will see it will not be enough for this community either. so i really dont know what ncsoft/ncwest can do to please all their players atm.

Edited by ImAMemer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryunosuke Takahashi said:

I'm going to make this pretty short and somewhat sweet but really depends on your point of view. No tier of gear was made to be gotten through in a day, week or even month. No dungeon requires current end game gear to complete. At most once you hit mid game which honestly you reach near that point out of story and with few days farming in Moon Refuge allows you to do every dungeon you need in order to make gold. Some are harder mechanic wise but nothing that requires a high IQ. Now this is where things get tricky. I've looked through and would even consider doing the math for you if need be but you need more materials then gold to do upgrades unless of course your speaking of items like heart, soul, talisman, pet aura (which you can reach a good point in even these items without spending a arm and leg of gold). However to do raids and just in general to progress to end game (not max gear but "end game") you do not require much gold, however you require a ton of materials which you now get 2 chest per run of any dungeon.

Now for certain items you need to craft you would either have to get out of your comfort zone and do PvP for (soulstone / moonstone come to mind) but that is where you have options. I'm not going to spell it out for you but maybe I will. You can then farm dungeons for materials (every notice you get a ton of sacred orbs?) and sell the materials then buy what you lack, no need to be a pack rat leave that to those lyns.

As for the gold income amount per day being lowered I hear ya as it cut into my daily profit. I do about 675 gold a day now compared to before 900 so don't get me wrong. Refer to the other topic about fan patch notes for my other post about what the dungeons should of been like in this update.

I understand that, my main is tt geared but i stopped playing for a few months and when ET came out i got behind and the nerfs to the gold rewards really made me slow down my pace by a ton.

Idm not being able to do end game dungeons but i do think that upgrading your gear should feel more rewardable so that people wouldnt get tired. I was at shadowforge3 back when TT was the hardest raid and i cought up relatively fast to the last-tier gear even if they were stage 1 or 6.

I do lots of pvp and battlegrounds but all the materials go to my gear since farming the material boxes in f8 is way slower for me. Im low on everything except moonstones.

I just hate it how the gold income gets nerfed but the costs for upgrading gear stay the same. I mean shadowforge is still expensive, tt accesories are still hella expensive for the crappy dps they provide like the weapon.

I dont even know whats worth to farm anymore.. what are the new methods.. but i heard that msp is still good for mats and f8 is just painful to sit through. 

Edited by i wanna die

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 4:23 PM, Ryunosuke Takahashi said:

As for the gold income amount per day being lowered I hear ya as it cut into my daily profit. I do about 675 gold a day now compared to before 900 so don't get me wrong.

How are you making 600-900g a day ???