No point in playing...

Cizina

After many years of playing and enjoying the game, we have finally hit that wall.
This latest patch has screwed over and infuriated many people. I for one, literally cannot upgrade my character/s any further. Not because of the lack of gold or materials currently on them but because as a player, I literally cannot do the dungeons that are needed to further my progress.
Not to mention that this latest patch has disbanded my raid team (a good 8/12 have quit and these were really good players!)

So lets take a look as to why it is pointless to play

Dungeons

• Easy mode dungeons (personally I don't want to be able to "solo" these dungeons but in their current state, the mechanics are more intense than before the patch, new / old mechanics are in play that make it near impossible with a LFG group)
  • MSP Lightning not killing mobs (Honestly, I don't do MSP on the best of days, but to hear its broken and taking way longer than it should. Yeah, that needs to change back to before patch)

Daily Challenge

• Complete 8 dailies (We cant cause the dungeons are broken to the point were even veteran players are having a hard time. Not to mention that it would take multiple hours to do so for below average rewards)
  • 5g from only doing 2 dungeons (So if we only do 2 dungeons we make 5g, no point in doing the rest cause they reward nothing)

Misc

• Gold and Material nerf (I can see this being an issue in the long run for new players and those that use up their gold and materials for upgrades. It males no sense)
  • More work for less reward (why should I spend 3hr+ on the game for peanuts?)
  • Orb of Ascension Shards (So ultimately we can only make 2 Orbs of Ascension per month for a dungeon that is on the daily rotation, riiiiight)

With all that said, there is no point in playing (for me at least) anymore...

How about a test sever?
I honestly don't care if the patch was released a month later, at least it is in working order and "western audience" ready.
Like @keroppi said, if you guys are lacking man power, then let the community help. We have the man power and time to find all the issues for you!

So come on community, extend the list of bugs and issues!
Lets help get this game back on the right track, cause right now it is pointless.

• Like 5

I want them to put Solar Energies and the mat box at the 3rd daily challenge like before.

And also, they should not do the auto-count on daily challenge after boss died, I want to keep the quest and claim the letter when I need it, why they force it to be automatic count?
I put the effort and time, why still want to control when I get the quest letter?

• Like 1

Dungeons are still easy. Near impossible? What are you talking about??? But they should have reduced the HP for easy mode, I hope they will.
MSP was fixed.
U dont need to do 8/8 at all, is stupid to worry about it.
Gold nerf it's always a thing... But they could have reduced the cost of basic gear.

I hope removing orb shards was a mistake, it wasnt even mentioned on patch notes, this is making the orbs more expensive each day.

• Like 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Xzard:

Dungeons are still easy. Near impossible? What are you talking about??? But they should have reduced the HP for easy mode, I hope they will.
MSP was fixed.

i have no problems since im a GC9 full TT geared veteran who learned the mechanics for every dungeon except WC and CC since i lost motivation for the game. Im doing my TT / ET raid and maybe weeklys, but thats it.

Since most of my friends already left i think i might be the next who quit. As i said, atm im only on for my raidgroup.

Now imagine a new or low / average geared player who never did HM, who never learned any mech cause there wasnt much of a mech in Normalmode. 

When TSM was released and had full mech even in normalmode we spend 2 or 3 hours to learn the mech and clear it.

So you realy expect people with lower gear / new players to enter a dungeons that supposed to be EASYmode and clear it even it now have hardmode mechanics?

This wont work and every new player came for the archer will quit the game when they finished the story and realise they cant realy progress any further.

U dont need to do 8/8 at all, is stupid to worry about it.

No you dont need 8/8 but you need at least 6/8 to get the cehst with the unity stones wich are quite importend. Many of the new players are not even able to do these 6 Dailys due to the lag of alternatives.

Gold nerf it's always a thing... But they could have reduced the cost of basic gear.

Thyts what they always did, you get less rewards and have to spend much more efford for it.

I just came back a couple weeks ago but am thinking of leaving again. The current state of the game is far worse imo then what it was from launch through Warlock patch which is around the time I left.

- Streamlined the game (worst idea in any game)

- Removed low level upgrading (another terrible idea and the one that bugs me the most)

- Removed content (another bad idea even if it is not important stuff. NEVER remove content!)

- Gold making decline (if normal players can't make enough to cover repairs and upgrades it's a bust)

I've never liked the stamps needed to mail clothing (lost the Alice outfit because of that). Never liked the coppers you make for vendoring items. Never liked that items and upgrades cost more then you can make unless you grinded and so not alt friendly (I love alts). I'm tired of Korean games streamlining, removing content and removing low level fun to turn great games into crappy endgame garbage like fishing, crafting, and gold farming. I for one refuse to support Korean game makers anymore till I see some kind of change.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mingtzu said:

I've never liked the stamps needed to mail clothing (lost the Alice outfit because of that). Never liked the coppers you make for vendoring items. Never liked that items and upgrades cost more then you can make unless you grinded and so not alt friendly (I love alts). I'm tired of Korean games streamlining, removing content and removing low level fun to turn great games into crappy endgame garbage like fishing, crafting, and gold farming. I for one refuse to support Korean game makers anymore till I see some kind of change.

Just to point out:

- Outfit stamps - this as something requested by players themselves

- fishing - something also requested by players

- crafting changes - were also requested by players.

But i agree, the streamlined leveling is just out boring compared to what it used to be.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Outfit stamps - this as something requested by players themselves

People requested to make farmable Outfits accountbound for stamps, but no one was that stupid to request a fee sending an Outfit to an alt you bought with real money

thats quite some difference, so dont claim people requested stamps to trade acountbound Outfits they already paid for. Thats a rip-off at its best

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

- fishing - something also requested by players

Yeah people requeste it cause they saw it in asia, but what did we get? Whil asians can buy materials for pearls we can only buy useless crap and even have extrem worse rng with the boxes. So no we didnt get what people requested, we got a nerfed, useless version.

Will you ever stop finding excuses for every BS NC-Soft did in the past?

And please stop twisting facts like you did many times trying to find redicolous excuses for NC-Soft. Just thinking about your claim that masses of players allegedly complained dungeons are to hard. Im still waiting for you to link all those topics and i dont count any made after Sep. 18th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merlin DE said:

People requested to make farmable Outfits accountbound for stamps, but no one was that stupid to request a fee sending an Outfit to an alt you bought with real money

thats quite some difference, so dont claim people requested stamps to trade acountbound Outfits they already paid for. Thats a rip-off at its best

on the contrary, back when players requested this there were massive replies with "i would even pay real mon ey to be able to do it". So yes, the way it is now is how players asked for it.

not to mention its conveniance, and conveniance has its price.

Yeah people requeste it cause they saw it in asia, but what did we get? Whil asians can buy materials for pearls we can only buy useless crap and even have extrem worse rng with the boxes. So no we didnt get what people requested, we got a nerfed, useless version.

Doesnt change the fact players wanted fishing and they got it.

Will you ever stop finding excuses for every BS NC-Soft did in the past?

So....giving players the option to mail outfits as they asked, giving them fishing as they asked, you call "BS" ? And then you go around talking how they dont listen to the community, its a bit hypocritic isnt it?

And please stop twisting facts like you did many times trying to find redicolous excuses for NC-Soft. Just thinking about your claim that masses of players allegedly complained dungeons are to hard. Im still waiting for you to link all those topics and i dont count any made after Sep. 18th.

If you know how to use the search function on forums, use it and see for yourself. Players complaining dungeons are too hard is the reason all of them got nerfed to the floor, same with the Realmrift supply chain, that was good on initial release and then got stomp to the floor cause everyone complained its too hard. and those are facts.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

So....giving players the option to mail outfits as they asked, giving them fishing as they asked, you call "BS" ? And then you go around talking how they dont listen to the community, its a bit hypocritic isnt it?

Players didn't just ask for fishing. They asked for fishing as shown in KR.
Selective listening is still bad.

15 minutes ago, EvaLynBoder said:

Players didn't just ask for fishing. They asked for fishing as shown in KR.
Selective listening is still bad.

I agree. Well.....thing is we got fishing together with an event, so fishing itself became part of it. then they said after the event is finished it would be changed, wonder what happened to that actually.

@Cyan

It was said that fishing would change once that event ended, when can we expect that to happen? 2019? 2020? o.o

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Buyed outfits always have been accountbound and you needed stamps from the beginning to send them to an alt. What people requested was to make farmable outfits accountbound and offered to spend money for sending them. Tiny but significant difference than your version ;)

• Clan-PVP times
    there are many postings about Clan-PVP times during DST in Europe where Clan-PVP starts at 10pm and ends at 0am. Many people complained this is to late for people have to work the next day.
    Nothing changed
  • Constant request for valuable farmingspots to farm your materials
    instead we get ninja nerfs of current material supplys
  • repeaded request for afk-player report function
    nothing happend
  • request for better Matchmaking on Battleground
    nothing happend, instead now you can be matched against teams that even 200+ points above your ranking
  • Many other pvp related requests / balancing request
    nothing happend
  • repeaded request for moonstones outside pvp (im not talking about crystals!!)
    nothing happend

And you tell me they listen to the community?

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

If you know how to use the search function on forums, use it and see for yourself. Players complaining dungeons are too hard is the reason all of them got nerfed to the floor, same with the Realmrift supply chain, that was good on initial release and then got stomp to the floor cause everyone complained its too hard. and those are facts.

Last time i saw people complaining about 6 player dungeons are to hard was back when Desolate Tomb was released.
I saw some complains about solo dungeons are to hard, but these are still untouched so nothing happend here either
I'm NOT talking about complains, dungeons are to hard, made after the maintenance at Sep. 18th.

I agree. Well.....thing is we got fishing together with an event, so fishing itself became part of it. then they said after the event is finished it would be changed, wonder what happened to that actually.

@Cyan

It was said that fishing would change once that event ended, when can we expect that to happen? 2019? 2020? o.o

At the german forum Baskerville wrote:

Zitat

Zuerst einmal gibt es nur eine westliche Version, Europa und Nordamerika unterscheiden sich nicht. Darüber hinaus kann man die verschiedenen Versionen von Blade & Soul nur mit Kontext vergleichen. Beispielsweise kann man die Angelbelohnungen nicht isoliert betrachten, weil es zum Beispiel grundsätzlich Unterschiede zwischen der westlichen und der chinesischen Version gibt, weil unter anderem das Geschäftsmodell anders ist und weil sich das Marktverhalten im Spiel auch anders verhält. Daher werden sich die Belohnungen fürs Angeln in der westlichen Version von Blade & Soul wohl auch in absehbarer Zeit nicht oder jedenfalls nicht signifikant ändern.

Short summary:
Rewards for fishing wont, or wont change significant in near future

Edited by Merlin DE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Merlin DE said:

Buyed outfits always have been accountbound and you needed stamps from the beginning to send them to an alt. What people requested was to make farmable outfits accountbound and offered to spend money for sending them. Tiny but significant difference than your version ;)

False. Shop outfits weren't even account bound, Stamps were a completely new item introduced to allow mailing of purchased outfits. The dungeon farmed ones were a seperate thing players wanted, that came with an account-wide wardrobe instead of a character one.

The only outfits that were able to be mailed between characters were the ones from the founder packs and the one from the 365 days premium sub, then they were changed to require stamps aswel once they were brought in.

4 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

And you tell me they listen to the community?

You are correct that there were a lot of other community raised topics, and that those were never responded to, but that does not dismiss the fact that there were things they did listen to., and a lot of QoL changes they did make on players comments / wishes. there may be things they did screw up and screw up, but there are also things they did good, so lets keep the whole picture in sight.

6 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Last time i saw people complaining about 6 player dungeons are to hard was back when Desolate Tomb was released.
I saw some complains about solo dungeons are to hard, but these are still untouched so nothing happend here either
I'm NOT talking about complains, dungeons are to hard, made after the maintenance at Sep. 18th.

Thats also not entirely true, the complaints about solo dungeons were the reason we got the ability to use revitalizers in there, which were not part of it when they released.

There were plenty complaints about enrage timers, instant wipe mechanics and so on (hence why for example, BC boss 1 was nerfed so it doesnt instant kill you anymore when you didnt ss / dash into the circles)

I know you arent talking about after the 18th, but there were more than enough complaints prior to that.

@Merlin DE tbh dude, are  you going on repeat or something? since you always bring up same stuff in every post you are making on this forums atm.

And no im not a white knight, but i dont share your opinions at all do it make me a white knight? since it seems like if someone dont " agree " with your statement or anything what ur saying they are white knights?

just because it doesnt bother some players in this game , doesnt mean they are whiteknighting the game.

it feels like you are trying to convince people on the forums that you have the " Right " opinion about everything.

Edited by ImAMemer

2 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

Short summary:
Rewards for fishing wont, or wont change significant in near future

I know german :P so i read the post, but yeah, true, but they also said the same thing about unity and other things and yet they did change.

So i am kinda hopefull that fishing will be changed at least a bit to offer some material pouches maybe like basin, or a chest that gives the unrefined materials aswel. We can hope :)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

I know german :P so i read the post,

Well not everyone here do, i was to lazy to translate the whole thing, thats why i just translated a short summary but the most importent statement of the text ;)
Anyway i think i remeber some kind of statement that was made by one of the moderators who said rewards for fisching would change after event but couldnt find it anymore.

In my opinnion, the reason they mentioned, for why we dont get same rewards as asia, are just redicolous.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb ImAMemer:

it feels like you are trying to convince people on the forums that you have the " Right " opinion about everything

No, but some people here blandish even the biggest BS .

3 of my friends already quit the game

4 members of my current ET raid already quit the game so ET wont happend this ID

1 of current TT raid already quit the game, at least TT will work with 11 people

all because NC-Soft keep doing ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, keep lieing and betraying the playerbase while keep silence

Edit: i still havent found any statement regarding the ascesion orb fragments removed from daily reward and we all know, we need Heavens mandate for daily.

Edited by Merlin DE

Well not everyone here do, i was to lazy to translate the whole thing, thats why i just translated a short summary but the most importent statement of the text ;)
Anyway i think i remeber some kind of statement that was made by one of the moderators who said rewards for fisching would change after event but couldnt find it anymore.

In my opinnion, the reason they mentioned, for why we dont get same rewards as asia, are just redicolous.

No, but some people here blandish even the biggest BS .

3 of my friends already quit the game

4 members of my current ET raid already quit the game so ET wont happend this ID

1 of current TT raid already quit the game, at least TT will work with 11 people

all because NC-Soft keep doing ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, keep lieing and betraying the playerbase while keep silence

Edit: i still havent found any statement regarding the ascesion orb fragments removed from daily reward and we all know, we need Heavens mandate for daily.

Well, i mean you didnt answer my question, why are you trying to convince everyone that your opinions are right and everyones else are wrong? just because they dont AGREE with you or comming up with " excuses " as you refer/say nonstop, doesnt mean they are white knighting the game, but about that matter doesnt matter for them how its cause it dont affect them as bad it seem it does for you.

your even attacking some of the Forum mods in this forum too because it doesnt please your answer which is kinda sad tbh.

Edited by ImAMemer

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ImAMemer:

Well, i mean you didnt answer my question, why are you trying to convince everyone that your opinions are right and everyones else are wrong? just because they dont AGREE with you or comming up with " excuses " as you refer/say nonstop, doesnt mean they are white knighting the game, but about that matter doesnt matter for them how its cause it dont affect them as bad it seem it does for you.

your even attacking some of the Forum mods in this forum too because it doesnt please your answer which is kinda sad tbh.

First of all im arguing and dont try to convince everybody. Anyway, when something obviously is bad, no one likes it and some people try hard to blandish even the worst things its at least from my point of view whiteknighting.

Regarding your accusation i would attack some of the mods. Well it might look like i do, i know they cant change anything and they can only write what they have been told to.

Anyway, reading the same bullshit like "We aprecciate your feedback" or "We care about you" since the game was released and seeing that nothing happens, made them lost all of their credibility and trustworthiness.

They (NC-West /NC-Soft) dont care, they dont appreciate our feedback, they are not transparent nor do they properly communicate. they just dont give a crap about the community. There is only one thing wich is importent, that cash continue to flow. Thats what im critizising and thats why i told some moderators they lost all of their credibility and thrustworthiness.

Actually the best example about how much they care about the community ist the removment of Ascession Ston fragments from Daily.
There are many postings where People ask about this topic, whether it was intended or whether it is a bug. When it was intenden how they think we should be able to do our dailys un HM and so on.
These questions came up right after the patch. While they in fact adressed the problem with the difficult in the new "Easy"Mode they havent answered any question about the removment of the Ascession stone fragments. They just avoid this topic and silence it to oblivion as they did with many other topics in the past.

I dont blame the Moderators personaly but they are sadly the only ones to adress.

Regarding my statement about Cyan, well i still think his statement

Zitat

Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode. We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts.

is a brash insult to the community.

On lifestream they stated "Easymode is significantly easier to run, much faster, blabla" I didnt found the timemark on the recording of the livestream but anyway in this video below you will find the relevant part from the stream at about 0:50min. They also justified the goldreduction with this significantly reduced, much faster and much easier to run dungeons.
So telling the people one thing, while doing a complet different thing and and on top of that blaming us, to misslead what they stated on stream and what they used to justify the goldreduction, is more than a bold insolence

Watsh and listen closley what they said at about 0:50

I hope this answers your question even it was quite off topic and im quite sure to get a warning for it, but at this point i dont care anymore anyway. If they want to ban my gameaccount to they should give me a warning so i can gift my tradable mats and gold to some random "lowies"

Edit: Well ok this patch had at least a few positive aspects.
1. i saw Keroppi ranting in chineese

2. Eckogen just Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'ed

3. Jarke did a nice objective rant
4. EvilDoUsHarm did a wonderful ironical summery of the patch that made me laugh so hard

Edited by Merlin DE

Somehow this Topic makes me sad.

This Patch destroyed PVE and people go wild over this and dont keep quiet like NC wants to but when Awakening destroyed PVP or when they restricted our play time people stoped after like 3 days to complain cause PVP Community know they dosent care and will not do anything about our complains.

PVE Community keeps shouting and just started to realize that nc dosent care about their needs to aslong as they manage to get money ?

To the one who still protects nc (there is one here in forum forgot who it was tho) and says they listen but cant do anything.

Sure they gave us fishing etc. but like i think merlin said no one was asking for a nerved fishing grounds. If we want something they may listen but their next step is thinking "how can we earn money from this idea ?". instead they should think "how can we make the game better so more people play and may buy stuff or subscribe to premium"

Edited by ImoutoMaster
  • Like 2

vor 16 Minuten schrieb ImoutoMaster:

This Patch destroyed PVE and people go wild over this and dont keep quiet like NC wants to but when Awakening destroyed PVP or when they restricted our play time people stoped after like 3 days to complain cause PVP Community know they dosent care and will not do anything about our complains.

I agree, sadly they have destroyed PVP. Battleground became a one hit slaugher fiesta where your bank account is more importent than your skill, Arena is dominated by people who occupie the top rankings with x chars of the same class. Nothing was done against those lags. last time i tried arena i was nearly dead befor i even could use 1 skill. i already have been in an aircombo when my screen turned clear.
This could have been avoided by porting the players to the arena and start a fightcounter when everyone is spawned, but it never have been changed what also killed arena.

And now even BG seems to be dead, a friend gave up looking for a party after 1+ hours.

• Like 1