Forums

buff serpent sin pls x.x give it some love (at least early on)

Now, yes it's a braindead spec, it used to be soooo much harder and better to play with! i have played it since day 1 which is after the Beta and even on the old private RUS server, came back for 2-3 months ago seeing all these changes killed me inside lol, i almost wanted to switch to bm and kfm 3rd spec but i wanted to give it another chance. 

Atm i got A9 weap both badge legendary, tiger soul stage 1, virtuous heart stage 1 and awakened starbreaker bracelet stage 1 with GC SS set. 

and only after getting at least the legendary soul badge, A3 at least weap with the hong bracelet the class become playable tbh, what i am saying is the gearing progress is horrible for serpent sin!

First off.

Yes, you get a huge power spike after getting soul badge but it does take hours and hours of farming with a lot of materials, and since it's unplayable without that badge many new players would just quit or go to the shadow spec before even getting those 70 tokens not to mentions all the expensive mats u need for it, while some classes can live with soul badge and do just fine for a long while and focus on something els.

2nd. 

The tiger and divine dragon bracelet sucks for serpent compare to starbreaker, and compare to how much shadow actually gain out of the first tier bracelet the different is night and day! while shadow get dmg increase to their main skills, all serpent get out of it is a very very small increase on dmg and the funny thing is the tiger bracelet doesnt even increase dmg on heart stab which is like 90% of serpent sin's dps not to mention the divine dragon is horrible... Yes hong bracelet is much easier to get now since the huge reduce of cost but you still have to farm hong... and when your dps sucks and you new to the game and having to deal with that sht without the lucky revitalizer  since they removed that option from solo dngs... how fun does that sounds ? xD

3rd.

Why remove lightning stride???? it was 1 of the best burst skill back in the day and was kinda the bread and butter for serpent sin like this cool finishing move that deal load of dmg and remove all poison stacks... come on guys.

4th.

This patch sucks and so is the trove! not relateable but hey it's true... all the big bns youtubers are ranting over it and it DOES NOT help the newbies if anything then it make then quit the game faster, imagine getting to lvl 60 hm 14 after a long ass journey find out u can't do any of the dngs to finish your dailies waiting for hours in f8 waiting for whales to carry... 

Anyways sorry for the essay and bad gramma guys just a return player's ranting x) have a good day!

But shadow spec (old light sin) actually needs more gear compared to serpent sin, to play shadow you´ll need the both legendary soulbadge and mystic badge to complete the rotation, with out legendary soulbadge (Limitless, Arcana or new War Song) it is imposible to complete rotation, or you lose Time Bomb that drops tons of dps or lose the poison that triggers the bracelet and the 5 stuck dmg buff. Meanwhile you only need a Glory Soulbadge for serpent sin and can complete the full rotation of it, the bb cd is going to be longer but it won´t affect that much like shadow. 

Also the serpent can play in simple mode spamming rmb and press 4 3 v tab x to keep up buffs and rotation. For shadow the simple mode is a complete trash since it can´t even ani-cancelling Lightning Rod, a part that it puts a Lightning Strike in the rotation, you must practice 4 rmb ani-cancelling at the same time to keep yourself in stealth (even with VT badge it is still tough in some dungeons). 

ye back in the day both spec relies on the time bomb, sadly serpent become braindead and shadow got more or less more difficult to play, also yes u can just get glory soul badge for sin and call it a day but the legendary one is still a must without it the dmg would be wayy 2 low, u get a huge spike out of it so i view it as a must for the rotation, idk about the current shadow sin but it seems to have more burst and sustain potential than serpent atm if u do things right, also to make it easier  for your fingers macro is probly a good thing to have x) just disapointed by the outcome of the spec :/ also hong bracelet is a MUST have aswell, since the dragon and tiger both sucks for serpent.