Dungeon Difficulty Update

Cyan

3 years ago up until last week, literally every time we complained about patches:

"We just do the same as korea" (remember the bugged mess that was the gunner patch or the level 55 bosses?)

Today when we complain about patches "We do not do the same as korea"

-.-

I used to be part of the problem. I spent hundreds of dollars on premium and trove over the course of the years (haven't been here since beginning, but Poharan was still endgame content when I started). But this message. The lies, conceit and misdirections ever since the White Orb fiasco to this point have made me decide to quit too.
I still love the gameplay and I might pop up if story continues. But other than that, I'm done.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EvaLynBoder said:

3 years ago up until last week, literally every time we complained about patches:

"We just do the same as korea" (remember the bugged mess that was the gunner patch or the level 55 bosses?)

Today when we complain about patches "We do not do the same as korea"

this is golden :D

Well, the only thing I can say is that I'm just one step away from uninstalling the game after 3+ years. This patch is the pefect example of how not to make a patch, and I don't really see they care much about it, just a few messages on forums but to adress this mess there should be a producer's letter ASAP with information and letting us know what they are gonna do in the future, because if this is truly the path the game has taken and will keep it like this, its a Bye for me and almost all of my clanmates. Seriously, I don't know what they were expecting: Increase the ammount of time and effort needed for less rewards than ever (and not only with the dungeons, the events as well), monetyze every single item and remove or reduce them from the game so you can only do content if you pay real money, remove a ton of hard mode dungeons at the same time when they said only 2 of them were losing the hard mode, making the dungeons harder when they should be easier... Someone has made a HUGE mistake with this, as I think it's obvious when you see the community reaction.

I'll give the game a couple of weeks to see if anything changes for better (and today's changes are just the first of the huge ammount they need to do to fix the mess they have made in just one patch). I truly hope they take this serious and do something, I like this game a lot, but sometimes it seems they want you to dislike it by force.

• Like 1

I've joined the subscription canceling bandwagon as well, and didn't/won't spend a penny on trove or anything else anymore.

A month ago I was quite excited to return to the game, thinking that the changes coming with the release of the archer would maybe justify giving this game another chance. I was horribly mistaken. Congrats NCSoft, you've made this game a HUGE waste of time.

• Like 1

I used to spend some money on this game too, to be  honest i got some troubles with my credit card, because i was so addicted to this game at a point i was spending more than i should, we talking about hundreds of dollars, i have participated in every trove / RNG (scam) boxes since i played this game, just to realize i was still a mid geared player, no matter how much money i spent i still need to pay a premium membership and do the same things a non premium had to do, with no real rewards, now i got it, like when Neo on the movie awake from the Matrix, i just awake now and i'll tell you guys, don't worth, it's your money and you have the right to do whatever you want, but be smart, don't give your money away to people who don't give a shiet about your expectations, people who don't respect you, people who are greedy enough or play the smart guy and make you fell like an idiot, don't do that people, let's all just wake up and start to see what really matters when you go to spend your time and money in something, do it if you want, but do it in something valuable which worth your effort (money) and your life time.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Makina Usui:

Stop complaining about dungeon difficulties, I’m still able to do 4/4 Daily Challenge with my dawnforge 3 alt and so are the other 5 party members. You don’t need more than 4 daily quests on an alt.

I agree. I just lfp TSM and downward on my raven3 alts. Quick matchmaking & easy kills (btw I judge 2-3min boss fights as easy kills).

Zitat

Finally, please bring back arena and solo dungeon as part of the daily challenge. There is no reason to remove them. Let people have options to choose.

I disagree. I think this change helped to make F8-dungeon matchmaking much faster. Also the removal of basin and the increase from 3 to 4 dailies to claim the best rewards seem to be good changes in this respect. People who did basin+solo+X on 11 chars pre patch were almost completely out of F8-dungeon matchmaking.

Zitat

About gold nerf, we were always making more gold than we were spending it. We all know that the value of gold inflated and everything got much more expensive. If the currency inflates, it is the government's resposibility to stablise its own currency. If there is gold cost reduction in upgrade materials like jewels and elements, a reduction in gold income is inevitable to follow. NCsoft only did wrong by using dungeon difficulty as a reason.

You should think like this: Does NCsoft actually sell us gold? Not really. We use gold to deal with other players and if it is harder to make gold, the market price for material will go down as well.

I agree.

Some other points: nc should not have named the new mode "easy mode" and ofc wrong information during preview stream was bad (dungeons would be easier). Imagine you would have advertised psyches and costumes for normal mode - completely different reactions.

A change I wish for: can you make hard mode runs count for daily challenge in case easy mode is needed? I do not(!) ask for the same vice versa.

36 minutes ago, CooleSau said:

I disagree. I think this change helped to make F8-dungeon matchmaking much faster. Also the removal of basin and the increase from 3 to 4 dailies to claim the best rewards seem to be good changes in this respect. People who did basin+solo+X on 11 chars pre patch were almost completely out of F8-dungeon matchmakin

Yeah, screw it! Completely remove PvP from the game as well! This is a PvE game, after all :^)

You removed easy mode, replaced it with medium-hard mode and reduced gold. You have to return easy mode or up the gold from dungeons to compensate for harder dungeons than before the patch. If You don't do something about it You will lose a lot of people. I know 10 who quit till it gets fixed.

Either remove or fix your so called "easy mode", increase the gold rewards back to what it used to be or reduce the cost of upgrades on every equpiment since for new players its impossible to actually earn any gold when you spend what you earn to upgrade and keep going in minus on gold.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Makina Usui:

You don’t need more than 4 daily quests on an alt.

You know you need at least 6 quest to get unity stones and theses are a good investment since content will continusly beeing updated untill you reach a point where your dawnforge alt wont be able to do dailys anymore.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb moveZneedle:

Cyan is just the messenger,he says what he is told to say. If the higher ups have nothing to say,he cant say anything either.

Dont blame him for the developers and producers being incompetent.

Oh i dont blame him, i just told him no one take his promises / excuses serious anymore, not after 3.5 years continusly esuring they listen while nothing changed ;)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Makina Usui:

You should think like this: Does NCsoft actually sell us gold? Not really. We use gold to deal with other players and if it is harder to make gold, the market price for material will go down as well. NCsoft deals with Ncoin/Hongmon Coin and the cost of materials in Ncoins and HM coins are indeed cheaper than before.

Oh realy? things getting cheaper when gold income is reduced? Wow i must have missed something

Petpouch  ~2 years ago befor the new pet system was introduced: about 30 Gold - daily income from purpletrain: about 50-60 Gold

PetPouch today: ~180-200gold (when i last checked a few days ago) - daily income from purpletrain after patch: less than 100 gold

Same for lot of other materials.

You cant make a stable econemy when you reducing the income AND the farmable materials while the demand stays the same or even is rising.

So please tell me more how reducing income stabilizing the market and make things cheaper

vor 1 Stunde schrieb CooleSau:

I disagree. I think this change helped to make F8-dungeon matchmaking much faster. Also the removal of basin and the increase from 3 to 4 dailies to claim the best rewards seem to be good changes in this respect. People who did basin+solo+X on 11 chars pre patch were almost completely out of F8-dungeon matchmaking.

I dont think so.

1. just wait until the archer hype is gone, f8 will be be the same as pre patch soon

2. it just blocks people try using alts to catch up with their main

3. you need to invest much more time for way less rewards

I did daily on 2-5 chars (1 full TT Gear, Aransu 6 and TT-Gear rest all at least Aransu 3 full BT) mostly in F8 for gold but since the patch i just log in for doing TT / ET raid and maybe weekly on my main.

So let me get this right... We get easy mode with harder mechanics than we used to have in normal mode to prepare us for hard mode that doesn't even exist for all but a few dungeons? Yeah, makes total sense! 

The number of dailies you have to run to get any worthwhile rewards is increased but the the number of possible dailies to run gets decreased, in fact if you want to fully complete the dailies you get zero choice except for Friday & Saturday where you can skip one... Mmmmkay.

To add insult to injury we also get a very lackluster event for a big new class patch.

And then, just in case someone was still able to somehow not hate this patch we get gold nerfs for pretty much all content, sweet!

Seriously, I have turned a blind eye to a lot of bugs, horrible performance and terrible monetization tactics over the years, but all of this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in one single patch is just too much...

And you would expect NCWEST to at least apologize for how they gave completely wrong info in their stream AGAIN, but nope, instead they decide to make this forum post and try and give some half-assed explanation for this clown fiesta even making it sound like we the players (you know the people actually paying for your employment Cyan) are the stupid ones not understanding how this patch is so great for us... You just lost the last bit of credit I still gave you.

Shamefur dispray.

Bye.

Edited by oblo
  • Like 2

I've just run some quick tests on all the bosses noted to have received stat changes this September 25th patch, namely, the bosses in The Shadowmoor, Dreamsong Theater, Brood Chamber, Warped Citadel, and Cathedra Cliffs. There appear to have been no significant changes to health, phase percentages, instant kills, nor notable individual attacks. Strangely, completed unrelated dungeons seemed to have received changes, solo dungeons once again allow the use of dragonblood and the thunder in Midnight Skypetal Plains return to killing all mobs surrounding Moonlight Monstrosities. 

If this is unintended, I would suggest communicating more detailed notes of what was meant to have changed and if this is an error, otherwise I expect continued backlash in the coming week.

Edit: It seems one instant kill was reverted on DST boss 1? If you fail the CC after successfully executing the puddle mechanic you will no longer wipe, which is a step up.

Edited by Kuasynei