Dungeon Difficulty Update

Cyan

oh man they really dont want new f2p players, screwing up DC for alts is a proof of that, only veterans who swiped at one point and still swiping or f2p veterans who have ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ load of gold are the target for this publisher now, enjoy the last bit of new players around cuz ill guarantee you non of them will stay by the end of the year unless they swipe them visas.

Edited by casbisto
  • Like 1

I could agree to have hard mode mechs in EASY MODE dungeons that currently have hard modes available like from DST to CC but!, from TSM to below? really????? those dungeons dont even have hard modes anymore so why do we have to learn those dungeons hard mode mechs??? . . . . 

I just have no words for this. . . 

Drowning Deeps: first boss black area puddle dealing 65k damage per stacks, killing you at 5 stacks. Second boss balls healing 20% of the boss HP per ball.

Hollow Heart: First boss purple ball roots you 8 seconds, and pizza knock back you even if you successfully iframe it. Spider insta kill the mark if you miss the bomb.

Starstone Mines: Ice link killing the one that gets iced. Fire buff hits A LOT.

THOSE ARE HARD MODE MECHS! Why do we even need to learn hard mode mechs for dungeons that dont have have hard modes anymore?

And why do we get Solo Dungeon gold nerfs when those dont even have any kind of mode??

And MOREOVER!! why having hard mode dungeons mechanics in easy mode at all when only 0.01% of the player base actually runs Hard modes?? Ocean ppl (from discord channel) that actually have gear to run them dont even do it anymore so WHY do you focus on making us learn hard mode stuff? just a few people was doing it before and now is going to be the same I swear.

• Like 5

So more bullshit? Do the korean devs literaly tell NCwest anything!? YOUR TEAM on the preview said in clear words difficulty was gonna be EASIER not HARDER, and ontop of that you name it easy mode AND increase the difficulty from what it was and tell us its to practice for Hardmode WHEN YOU REMOVED HARDMODE FROM THEM! WHILE reducing gold gain flat while tacking ontop more and more requirements to get max soul and max pet, your current trove seems rigged to give less crit then older ones and now because you have literally been clueless for a week we finally today get "Oh guys this is intended!" Real nice way to show that NCwest is literaly clueless about the game your selling too us, I mean how many times has NCwest gone through restructuring because of this horrible communication?! Does no one in Korea speak english so they can explain what drivel you should be selling too us at the time? And ontop of that you told us you ( NCwest ) tested this patch, if you tested it you clearly would know its not easier and that its slightly harder then it was before....

You guys said with everything related to the new "Easy Mode" that gold from rewards would be reduced, because "the dungeons would be easier". Instead, not only were we given more difficult versions of those dungeons, but you also took out many different dungeons for lower-levelled players in the daily challenge, meaning only mid-high gear players can clear dailies to earn gold and mats to upgrade.

If your intention was to get players to learn the mechs for hard mode dungeons, you could have easily nerfed the gold gain from lower dungeons (anything below Starstone Mines) and kept Ebondrake Lair, Irontech Forge and heck, even Celestial Basin in the DC rotation!

In fact, the fact that you pulled CB out of the rotation shows you care less about people progressing and more user retention and forcing low-level players to deal with more unnecessary grind and elitism.

You need to fix the gold rewards and bring back dungeon options for lower-gear players. Otherwise, this is just another slap in the face for your non-"whale" players.

• Like 3

as many people have pointed out already, the "easy mode" that was introduced last week is nowhere in line with the gold/reward decrease.  if I'm receiving (about) half the gold I previously got for completing a dungeon, then I'm expecting to be able to kill everything in roughly half the time.  as far as there being no more wipe mechanics, I'm pretty sure most of the player base didn't constantly try to get into dungeons where they would wipe anyways, so it's a non-factor.  I don't see how NC has any sort of argument to why this would not be the case.  either up the rewards back or nerf everything further so I can solo ST.

• Like 2

and this is directly more directly at Cyan.  I understand these types of decisions are made as a company and it's not just you doing whatever you want, but if you are to be the voice towards the community who funds your paycheck, at least have the decency to not put out a lame post/solution like that where it obviously does not address even the specific issue here; you guys would've literally been better not posting that. please have some respect for our intelligence.  

literally going "this is intended" after the colossal miscommunication from last week and waiting another week to spew that bullshit exscuse youd have been better off telling us that you tested nothing, and were just saying what you clearly misunderstood from the korean developers, because either A) NCwest is utterly clueless and barely has any communication in the developement of the patches for NA/EU or B) same as A but you guys just want to lie to your community because of your royal ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤up.

Il y a 12 heures, MCWang a dit :

as many people have pointed out already, the "easy mode" that was introduced last week is nowhere in line with the gold/reward decrease.  if I'm receiving (about) half the gold I previously got for completing a dungeon, then I'm expecting to be able to kill everything in roughly half the time.  as far as there being no more wipe mechanics, I'm pretty sure most of the player base didn't constantly try to get into dungeons where they would wipe anyways, so it's a non-factor.  I don't see how NC has any sort of argument to why this would not be the case.  either up the rewards back or nerf everything further so I can solo ST.

Il y a 12 heures, MCWang a dit :

and this is directly more directly at Cyan.  I understand these types of decisions are made as a company and it's not just you doing whatever you want, but if you are to be the voice towards the community who funds your paycheck, at least have the decency to not put out a lame post/solution like that where it obviously does not address even the specific issue here; you guys would've literally been better not posting that. please have some respect for our intelligence.  

Literally nobody asked them to do this and its very clear the intent was to screw over the entire player base and people that are new. I suspected they did this on purpose and this validates that. The nerfed rewards I get, you wanted people to spend more on Trove and RNG scam boxes, however you didn't need to tinker with dungeons in anyway.

Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode
--------------

about this i think that the better idea to get this would be

left normal as was it was
make a "training mode" that have the hardmodes mechs but without a wipe and actually if you want dont get gold about it because the idea is not to get it as a quest but to get prepare to learn the mechanics of the hard mode and that  way actually you will not get problems with the "name misunderstanding"

and tsm dont have hard mode so why to change it too?

20 minutes ago, MCWang said:

as many people have pointed out already, the "easy mode" that was introduced last week is nowhere in line with the gold/reward decrease.  if I'm receiving (about) half the gold I previously got for completing a dungeon, then I'm expecting to be able to kill everything in roughly half the time.  as far as there being no more wipe mechanics, I'm pretty sure most of the player base didn't constantly try to get into dungeons where they would wipe anyways, so it's a non-factor.  I don't see how NC has any sort of argument to why this would not be the case.  either up the rewards back or nerf everything further so I can solo ST while jerking off.

That or give us 3 difficulty (easy normal hard) for big 4 dungeons and 2 (easy normal) for the rest like in other regions as it is good for all players new, returning, learning, alts and veterans :)
fix pets btw Ultimate - Stage 1 to Unleashed Alpha don't have updated effect :)

Edited by VodkaThor

1 minute ago, kibukimura said:

Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode
--------------

about this i think that the better idea to get this would be

left normal as was it was
make a "training mode" that have the hardmodes mechs but without a wipe and actually if you want dont get gold about it because the idea is not to get it as a quest but to get prepare to learn the mechanics of the hard mode and that  way actually you will not get problems with the "name misunderstanding"

and tsm dont have hard mode so why to change it too?

If you want to train we have an F12 for that, there was literally zero reason to adjust the dungeons in any way.

• Like 1

Yo I see you plan on changing something from shadowmoor up, ok do that + reduce HP from starstone mines and above or something like its suposed to.. also the Ascension shards for heavens mandate. Please for the love of God at least this 2 things. Take 5h if needed but please

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

You guys shouldn't even bother comment on this issue anymore, they will just make some more excuses and ignore the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of you guys lmao. THey don't play the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing game, please understand that.

Agreed.

But yet some people are still trying to justify what they did.

I don't know why, maybe those people are the employees in disguise?

2 hours ago, Ladyhks said:

As a new player, I disagree with the changes made to the dungeons in this new zen archer patch.

Here is my opinion:

What I don't like: the daily quest mechanics, because as new player with low gear, I'm unable to get daily rewards as before cause I can't complete 6 daily. 

Some dungeon are shown as "Easy" difficulty, but they clearly are not.

The gold amount, as a new player now is harder to gear up.

The choice to make some mechanics in dungeons harder, since there are no tips nor a tutorial to teach you the dungeons, so it just ends up as a wipe.

I hope some of the above will be fixed tomorrow and I hope that new players will be able to get daily rewards and golds as before as well , maybe in next patches. 

If you want them to make these changes, you should send a suggestion ticket. Otherwise it will be missed here.

Okay, let's make this quick and simple: FIX THE GAME.

1. Reduce boss' hps or revert gold nerf. 

2. Fix the solo instances. 

3. Add more options for dailies. 

4. Add Orb of Ascension shards back. 

Probably more I forgot but these are a good start. 

If not, then bye. You will save some money for me because I won't have to buy premium and a new ssd... 

You provide exactly NOTHING to the game. The community does that instead of you: academy discord, RR discord, guides, wiki, simple fixes... turn the community against you and the game will die (the common answer on reddit is to stay away already). 

The same happened in age of wushu :) kept messing up the game and they kept using cheaper and laggier servers so its even unplayable for the whales, and now, no turning back. 

• Like 3

I mean this post alone is coming off like you have zero respect for your clientbase and think we are all idiots.... YOU GUYS are the ones who described this as dungeons becoming easier, YOU guys named it EASY, You guys removed Ascension Orb fragments from DC without including it, its painfully clear that you guys have NO CLUE about the content we are getting from Korea at all!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

they didnt make mechanics harder. they simply returned back mechanics that were previously removed from our normal modes. Now easy mode and hard mode mechanics are the same with the difference hard mdoes can cause you to wipe and the easy ones shouldnt.

Also the game never had any tutorials for dungeon mechanics, but there are plenty of guides in this forum, on youtube, and generally all over the internet, so that if a player wants, he just needs to search one up and read / watch it to learn and then try it.

Well, about mechanics, as a new player , I had no idea of that, for me they become harder.

Also , and that's my opinion, if you put them back with the purpose to make people learn mechanic, there should be. 

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

In active discussion with the dev team, we’ve received further clarification on the dungeon changes and would like to provide you with additional insight.

Firstly, Easy Mode is unrelated to the Beginner Mode that was released in Korea, and should not be compared as such. It is not planned to get the Beginner Mode and its lowered rewards. Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode. We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts.While some of these mechanics can instantly kill you in Hard Mode, the aim was to simplify it in such that it only removes a percentage of your health in Easy Mode.

Secondly, we will be adjusting some stats on bosses in Easy Mode to make things easier overall this week on September 25 for the following dungeons:

• Cathedra Cliffs
  • Warped Citadel
  • Brood Chamber
  • Dreamsong Theater
  • The Shadowmoor

Thank you!

is this an out of season april fools joke?

• Like 4