Dungeon Difficulty Update

Cyan

13 minutes ago, Kuasynei said:

I've just run some quick tests on all the bosses noted to have received stat changes this September 25th patch, namely, the bosses in The Shadowmoor, Dreamsong Theater, Brood Chamber, Warped Citadel, and Cathedra Cliffs. There appear to have been no significant changes to health, phase percentages, instant kills, nor notable individual attacks. Strangely, completed unrelated dungeons seemed to have received changes, solo dungeons once again allow the use of dragonblood and the thunder in Midnight Skypetal Plains return to killing all mobs surrounding Moonlight Monstrosities. 

If this is unintended, I would suggest communicating more detailed notes of what was meant to have changed and if this is an error, otherwise I expect continued backlash in the coming week.

they confirmed that they are working with the devs on the dungeon list that will receive mechanic changes with another update. Right now other stats than HP were changes so defense etc and with the party buff it should be somewhat easier to clear.

they confirmed that they are working with the devs on the dungeon list that will receive mechanic changes with another update. Right now other stats than HP were changes so defense etc and with the party buff it should be somewhat easier to clear.

I've somewhat had the impression that today's patch was not meant to bring large scale mechanics changes, but that is not why I listed the elements I had checked. I did so because the initial post states "stats on bosses," and what NCWest considers a "stat on a boss" is unclear. If the changes this patch were to be so insignificant that it would be undetectable without a magnifying glass of scrutiny, perhaps it would have been better to declare 'stat adjustments' in a different manner? Perhaps even not at all and instead announce simply that they're working on it. Lowering a boss's invisible defence stat by one so as to be technically correct but not in a significant manner is not productive, and I'd sooner believe the staff at NCSoft had accidentally put in the wrong usb drive than think they would sincerely believe this would be the correct step in any direction. 

Edit: Don't get me wrong, further public assurance that more mechanic adjustments are on the way is great news on its own. Today's patch and its buildup however, I believe certainly could have used more clarity. As things are, even if boss defense reduction increases player damage by 10%, if there's no practical way to measure/feel this change, players will remain upset.

Edited by Kuasynei
Accuracy
  • Like 1

Did the dungeon changes in 9/25 patch link up with the right modes?  Since we use a 2 mode system on NA/EU, pethaps the 3rd mode that is not currently active was accidently tweaked?  Seems truly odd that players cannot detect changes in dungeons on todays patch list.

@Cyan is there anything helpful we players can do?  Would it be helpful if we compiled a list of conditions/effects etc that instantly killed in the new easy mode dungeons?

• NCSOFT
8 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

@Cyan is there anything helpful we players can do?  Would it be helpful if we compiled a list of conditions/effects etc that instantly killed in the new easy mode dungeons?

Hi ElectricPotato, we have been reading and following the discussions on the matter. I don't think we need anything more--there were a lot of good points and rightful concerns brought up. We'll be having further discussions with the dev team, and share more information as soon as its available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D3aThLoCk said:

as i see s a lot of rage on forum about dangeons nerf gold bugs  .. maybe is time the comunty manager and the rest of the team  go LIVE on bns tv and explain what is going on?

thay would just lie again they just want ur money than ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ all over us 

Edited by OddSpecter

12 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi ElectricPotato, we have been reading and following the discussions on the matter. I don't think we need anything more--there were a lot of good points and rightful concerns brought up. We'll be having further discussions with the dev team, and share more information as soon as its available.

i know you guys are limited with what u can type here, and its not your fault....
All things ppl say here are 99% for ppl that are responsible for implementing patch changes...

But it would be much more helpful if we had more answers from your dev team or anybody, insted of cyan or you speaking just few words on forums....

we need some stream, with Q and A
becouse this is going rly bad, and its not just few ppl, whole bns community thinks same way, and i hope this will not be ignored....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woah64 said:

i know you guys are limited with what u can type here, and its not your fault....
All things ppl say here are 99% for ppl that are responsible for implementing patch changes...

But it would be much more helpful if we had more answers from your dev team or anybody, insted of cyan or you speaking just few words on forums....

we need some stream, with Q and A
becouse this is going rly bad, and its not just few ppl, whole bns community thinks same way, and i hope this will not be ignored....

thats the idea ... a QA stream and imo the rage go off .

As there are updates on the production line in Korea, some of my suggestions for rescuing the game in the west are:

Emptie the F10 cash shop.

ONLY put outfits and fashion and weapon skins at a fixed and fair price and without gambling into the F10 shop.
Focus on new outfits and fashion for the F10 Shop if you want to make veracious money.
 Remove gambling events like Trove or random lootboxes completely from the game.

Stop any actions and ninja nerfes that milk the players money.

Make all enhancement materials easier to get by only playing the game. One should reach every goal in foreseeable and realistic time.
Raise the chance for good loot.
BNS should not become a second job.

Raise the gold in the daylie quests.

Make easy mode easier without insta kill attacks. Reward HM even more.

Talk more to the developer in KR, test your build, even if it delays a patch, and talk more to the community.

Tell the programmers in Korea that there is a different gaming mentality in the West and a rip-off program is not working well here.

These are just some suggestions. I also apologize for my bad english, I only speak german.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nemoel said:

As there are updates on the production line in Korea, some of my suggestions for rescuing the game in the west are:

Emptie the F10 cash shop.

ONLY put outfits and fashion and weapon skins at a fixed and fair price and without gambling into the F10 shop.
Focus on new outfits and fashion for the F10 Shop if you want to make veracious money.
 Remove gambling events like Trove or random lootboxes completely from the game.

Stop any actions and ninja nerfes that milk the players money.

Make all enhancement materials easier to get by only playing the game. One should reach every goal in foreseeable and realistic time.
Raise the chance for good loot.
BNS should not become a second job.

Raise the gold in the daylie quests.

Make easy mode easier without insta kill attacks. Reward HM even more.

Talk more to the developer in KR, test your build, even if it delays a patch, and talk more to the community.

Tell the programmers in Korea that there is a different gaming mentality in the West and a rip-off program is not working well here.

These are just some suggestions. I also apologize for my bad english, I only speak german.

It's nice to give suggestion but please, try to be realistic. This game is and will stay p2w... we are just fighting to get things to at least what was before... or to actually get these so called "easy dungeons" and not just name changed normal dungeons with halved gold reward.

But yeah, if all of these points were introduced it would be probably much better game... though it would die pretty fast cause there wouldn't be enough profit and NCSoft is known as a company that easly cut off not profitable games off.

Its the first time im gonna post on forums since 3 years playing (nearly every single day)

As a bm hm 22 with 1927 ap and 4 alts (x2 hm 20/ 1x 19hm / 1x hm16) with premiun subscription.

And the way is game going lately.

Im done with this trash.

Im 35 years old and i have been playing video games since Nintendo Game Boy was realeased in Spain 1990.

Your developers in Korea are a the most incompetent people i never found in my gaming life.

You have no idea what your producers/developers are  doing with this game since more than 3 years ago.

With this last patch, is the last gout. You killed the best combat system game mmorpg in the all times in na/eu.

You dont listen the playerbase and feedback from comunity.

Stop lie to your playerbase. If u fail in something or you do a mistake. Dont turn it in a new "feature in purpose".

Tell them the truth.

Or they gona quit like im doing right now. Im sick of lies and excusses and trash over and over and over again.

Hope u realease some year unreal engine 4.  Stop making the people dream about it. Cuz you know like me that re*write complete the new eu4  engine. Is gonna be a nightmare for your developers. Maybe for 2023 they will finish/done. Start beta test in korea. and probably in 2025 will go live in eu/na.

Untill there. Or untill some of my friends tell me,

That your fixing all the issues/bugs/performanceFPS/servers/LAG/nerf on gold dungeons /new dc system/why saturday u can do 9/9?????????

A new Script To translate from Korea language and stop making trash net code to ruin all the performance in game.

FIX THE UI AND THE BUFF BARS ( THEY RESET TURN CRAZY, SOME SKILLS DISABLE,AFTER USING IT. SERIUUSLY REAL ISSUES WITH THAT AND FPS)

Fire out all the apes you have working with in developers department Korea NCSOFT headquarters.

And you start using SERVER TEST to stop ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing everything every single patch/update/week.

Good luck.

I quit.

Cya.

Edited by Derekito
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Flufferz said:

I don't get the change with Ascension Shards at all... before you gave us compensation (as little as it was) cause our old currency just got deleted without converting it. And now we get enough to do it 2x per month? Like?? Does anyone actually test anything before you torture us with those big patches?

This has a pretty easy explanation:

As they introduced more unity ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, and specifically, Trove-able unity ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, they gotta force a reduction in currency

They tried to say "its not a conspiracy" and people defended them last time, when they strip'd us from all our White Orbs/CS stuff, but its extremely obvious, and the change was proved unnecesary when a bug made the dungeons take White Orbs again instead of Ascension Orbs ~ the currency change has 0 purpose besides wiping currency

This time is the same, but since they can't wipe it, they'll just massively reduce the access to the dungeon to drain ascension orbs super quick, and then force people to buy shards on F10 and/or unity stuff on trove and probably upcoming bundles

• Like 1

at least if your team cant make some changes with corean devs about dungeon dificulty
add more rewards...

and some acc bound materials on dynamic quest, so ppl can get more mats....
and it will boost more pl to do dungeons over and over again

I'm sorry to tell you this but everything will stay as it is until Trove will come to an end. After Trove ends we'll receive "fix" that should at least nerf dungeon difficulty. All they want to do is to milk as much money out of whales as possible and later provide "fix" for this huge mess of a patch. Don't believe me? Just wait and see it by yourself.
Until then, they'll be telling you that they're working with "dev team" to fix this patch but in reality if they truly want to patch this update and do it properly they have plenty of time (one week) to gather feedback, adress most of the issues and at least fix so called "Easy mode" to match it's name but instead they've put 150mb patch of pure nothingness to fix MSP lightning and Windwalk quest (which is still bugged) and solo content with revivals. 

Ncsoft and NCwest.
How about you start with:

- Taking the feedback from players for real.
- Being transperent.

- Fixing the issues that matter.

- Create a Testing server, so you dont put a bad patch on live servers.

(Normal games even have a Super Test server, and you dont even have a test server.)

If you dont start taking actions, the game will die:
- You ruining your own game.
- You Screwing your own player base.
- You lying to player base.
- You Milking player base.
- You make it impossible for new players to progress.
- You making endgame players, have nothing to do.
- You ruining the market.

- You not fixing the Issues that matters.

Edited by CrimsonChan
  • Like 2

This thread now has 142 replys and over 16.400 views
it is hottest topic since release of bns

all community has said we wont take this any more
all you tubers that are your biggest fans are talking against you
even white kninghts from forums are not taking your side much

time has come for you to make some changes
not many of us are left
and if u dot make any changes no one will be here

now its time for all of us to take or stand
dont let this topic cool down

post ur things and all
we cant let them treat us like this
we deserve more

make bns great again!

• Like 2

Returning player here. I played for couple months in 2016 and then quit for personal reasons. I came back about a month ago because some friends of mine played BnS.

I reached lvl 60 within a day and I was exited to gear up as quickly as possible, play with my friends who are all much stronger than me and do end game dungeons and raids with them.

They tell me to do all my dailies or at least the ones I can do and altough I can never complete all of them since the end game dungeons require too much AP, I give it my best.

So a couple weeks pass and the Storm of Arrows update patch notes are revealed; my friends are upset that the daily gold you get from dungeons is being reduced but I am not, being able to complete all the dungeons in F8 with this new Easy mode will help me finally complete all my dailies, get more gold and ultimately gear up faster.

Semptember 18th the patch drops. I'm exited: new event, easier upgrades for beginners, a new class...it's going to be fun, right?

Nope.

Now I can't even get 6 dailies done and all my friends are complaining, playing less/quitting.

So not only it got even more difficult to gear up as a new players but I'm even losing some of the friends that I started playing this game for.

That's a big mess up, I hope you guys can do something about it before it's too late.

• Like 3

i cant even make myself level this new archer class, becouse lots of blue quests are removed....
it is rly sad they have removed them....

i liked reading all blue quests and doing them, why did it get removed????
you could do it or not before , now u cant

and it is all so u can get max lvl quicker and spend more money.....

some ppl dont know they dont need to do blue quests, what a joke....
if any 1 played and game, mmo or not u know there are side quests and main quests....

they where different color ffs, one could not mistake blue and yelow quest....

leveling was half fun before, now its rly empty :(

Edited by Woah64

7 minutes ago, Woah64 said:

i cant even make myself level this new archer class, becouse lots of blue quests are removed....
it is rly sad they have removed them....

i liked reading all blue quests and doing them, why did it get removed????
you could do it or not before , now u cant

and it is all so u can get max lvl quicker and spend more money.....

some ppl dont know they dont need to do blue quests, what a joke....
if any 1 played and game, mmo or not u know there are side quests and main quests....

they where different color ffs, one could not mistake blue and yelow quest....

leveling was half fun before, now its rly empty :(

With Grimoir who always defends ncsoft at all, this would be an excellent time for him to give his opinion on all this and say that all blade and soul players are wrong, as he always does implicitly.

• Like 1

Its been a long time since i posted here but i have to. 

wtf are you guys doing to the game what is this lvl of incompetence? you nerfed the gold okay but why dungeons are harder than before with less gold and materials. to prepare us for hard mode that doesn't exist because only top 4 dungeon have that mode currently? 

also why the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ did you remove Ascension orb shard from the daily chest? 

really disappointed i know its not your fault, its the fault of korean devs who doesn't care about our problems... 

• Like 2

Now watch the NCSoft liars go silent for a couple days/weeks in hopes that the community's backfire dies down. Well that's not gonna happen, cancelling my premium sub as we speak and so should everybody else. Do not throw money at this greedy-ass company.

• Like 3

il y a une heure, sakuraya a dit :

Its been a long time since i posted here but i have to. 

wtf are you guys doing to the game what is this lvl of incompetence? you nerfed the gold okay but why dungeons are harder than before with less gold and materials. to prepare us for hard mode that doesn't exist because only top 4 dungeon have that mode currently? 

also why the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ did you remove Ascension orb shard from the daily chest? 

really disappointed i know its not your fault, its the fault of korean devs who doesn't care about our problems... 

Not their fault? Look at the KR dailies and weeklies rewards, and the KR's troves rewards, it's their fault.
Korean people can up 2 max souls, average and burst, we need like 2 years to max one playing like 2 years without CS.
Wake up NC, WAKE UP!

Edited by Fzwks
  • Like 3