Forums

Dungeon Difficulty Update

Cyan

how unprofesional can be NCsoft, this patch will acelerate the game life more quickly, they are taking bad decision but this patch is just a mess, the only good thing is the archer!
come on guys, you need at least revert the gold nerf to start fixing the game. a new player once get to lvl 60 he will for sure quit because is BORING to progress in like  3 - 4 months just to get aransu without paying...  money is what they want? sure hopefully noone give you something until make the game really enjoyable. for now i'll gonna stay away from this game. 

Edited by SyounenR
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SyounenR said:

for now i'll gonna stay away from this game. 

This is the best thing we all can do now, hard words won't  make they do things working as they should, but less people playing means less potential money, and money is the only thing that will make things work, why we should respect and put money in a company which don't respect us as costumers?

Edited by Phaos

Il y a 15 heures, Cyan a dit :

Hello everyone,

Firstly, Easy Mode is unrelated to the Beginner Mode that was released in Korea, and should not be compared as such. It is not planned to get the Beginner Mode and its lowered rewards.

Thank you!

But you DID NERF THE REWARDS

Are you serious? you are contradicting yourself right there, in the very same post, not to mention you are contradicting the entire stream, and not the first time you guys spread out false information on stream (Hello hello, White Orb fiasco)

Must be hard (or maybe, its easy? *pun intended*) to keep an straight face during those streams knowing you are lying to the entire community

• Like 6

i mean at this point gotta ask what the hell it is that NCwest even does? No one in your team seems to have a clue wtf we are getting from Korea, your patch notes SAID bosses would be easier and have less health, Now it turns out none of you had a clue and we are missing the NINJA buffs too MSP, You removing Orb fragments from daily etc etc, Like seriously what does BNS west even do?!?

Instead of apoligizing for your CLEAR huge ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤up and literaly DRIVING people to quit the game is "It was intended" a week later!?!? How do you not see this is a huge slap in the face of the people who still give you money and still play this game even though you keep messing things up again and again and AGAIN!!

• Like 2

A lot of my friends are furious with this change and probably planning on quitting. Not only the dungeons got buffed they also nerfed the gold rewards. They made EZ mode a stepping stone to HM but the dungeons don't even have an HM counterpart. LIKE...?????????????? Then a week later its "working as intended." I don't think I'll last much longer if this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ continues to slide.

6 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

In active discussion with the dev team, we’ve received further clarification on the dungeon changes and would like to provide you with additional insight.

Firstly, Easy Mode is unrelated to the Beginner Mode that was released in Korea, and should not be compared as such. It is not planned to get the Beginner Mode and its lowered rewards. Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode. We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts.While some of these mechanics can instantly kill you in Hard Mode, the aim was to simplify it in such that it only removes a percentage of your health in Easy Mode.

Secondly, we will be adjusting some stats on bosses in Easy Mode to make things easier overall this week on September 25 for the following dungeons:

• Cathedra Cliffs
  • Warped Citadel
  • Brood Chamber
  • Dreamsong Theater
  • The Shadowmoor

Thank you!

AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Are you FREAKING kidding us??? This is blatant fraud, deliberate and obvious lies, and a way to tell everyone in this game that you don't give a SH*T about this community. Instead of apologizing for your utter GARBAGE communication this is what you come up with?? gAmE iS eAsIeR sO wE neRf gOlD LuL. LIARS.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

In active discussion with the dev team, we’ve received further clarification on the dungeon changes and would like to provide you with additional insight.

Firstly, Easy Mode is unrelated to the Beginner Mode that was released in Korea, and should not be compared as such. It is not planned to get the Beginner Mode and its lowered rewards. Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode. We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts.While some of these mechanics can instantly kill you in Hard Mode, the aim was to simplify it in such that it only removes a percentage of your health in Easy Mode.

Secondly, we will be adjusting some stats on bosses in Easy Mode to make things easier overall this week on September 25 for the following dungeons:

• Cathedra Cliffs
  • Warped Citadel
  • Brood Chamber
  • Dreamsong Theater
  • The Shadowmoor

Thank you!

I must ask is this an out of season april fools joke 
or 
you guys dont value your players anymore ?

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Cyan:

• Cathedra Cliffs
  • Warped Citadel
  • Brood Chamber
  • Dreamsong Theater
  • The Shadowmoor

Thank you!

I can understand Shadowmoor but why thoose above ?

Dreamsong dosent have mechs in easy mode.

Brood Chamber can be bursted down easy aswell.

Warped Citadel got really easy mechs and melees litterly have to do nothing.

Cathedra Cliffs is supposed to be the new dungeon the new thing to learn but even in the current state mechs are not needed you just use revive charm and you want to make this even easier ?

What about fixing the game instead even if you say easy mode is not supposed to be something like beginner mode it dosent do what it is supposed to do and its very clear you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed it up cause Normal mode still exist you just cant play it anymore. It was probably meant to have Easy/Normal/Hard but you thought "nah more money this way".

Seriously what do you expect us to think about it ? The whole reason this community is so toxic is cause you guys dont do ur job.

• Like 2

i dont get it, u nerf gold and make easy dungeons now hard??

and u say it is to prepare new ppl to learn mech? for what for hard dungeons???
there are not many har dungeons???

And of course how do you help ppl prepare for dungeons if u nerf gold???
isnt better to ad more gold or mats to help ppl gear up???

Now ppl who do hard dungeon mod need rly lot of gear, you are not helping them
with saying u will learn mech this way....

If u really want ppl to do hard more, add more hard mode dungeons and more rewards for hard mode.....
U could remake old content and make hard mode dungeons of them then, now ur statement has no brain in it!

How can new players do hard mode dungeon if they have no gear?mech does not help there?
and you are just P**ping on your entire community!

Only veteran players are left, and soon no one will play it if you dont change any thing !!!!!

What you should have done with this patch:

-Reduce boss hp in easy mode (maybe add hard mode mechanic triggers)

-Reduce damage the bosses do in easy mode 

-Remove the wipes from easy mode

-Nerf gold to dungeons up to TSM (because they never nerfed gold from the top 4 dungeons)

-Keep normal mode and add easy mode

What you did with this patch

-Boss hp in easy mode is the same as it was in normal mode

-Damage in easy mode is the same as it was in normal mode

-Easy mode has hard mode mechanics

-There is a new type of damage in easy mode: iframe piercing (the purple ones)

-You nerfed gold too much and on too many dungeons 

-Normal mode was removed because of course it was

-Dailies are restricted to a mode and can't be completed by running everything in a single mode (?????????)

It's called easy mode yet it's harder than old normal mode because "it's a stepping stone for hard mode".

You know what was a stepping stone for hard mode? The old normal mode.

If people wanna run hard mode they will run hard mode. Giving people that want to finish dailies fast after a long day a harder time gets you nowhere.

EDIT: The one thing that was good about the patch (for me at least) is the new dungeon, I find it very enjoyable to run.

Edited by MeatMachine
  • Like 1

I would be okay with the gold and material nerfs if that meant that I could complete the dungeons and daily challenge quicker and easier. That’s not the case though. It takes so much of my time, it’s ridiculous! I’m actually glad this patch finally made me decide to quit playing my alts. It’s enough of a pain now just doing things on my main. I really hate having to run so many useless dungeons to complete the daily challenge. Before this patch I could do 4 sets of daily challenges in the time it now takes to do 1. And now for far less reward. It’s just very disappointing that they seem to be so out of touch with the community and really have no idea what players want.

Please at least add solo dungeons back into the daily challenge list and for the love of god, take hard mode out. The majority of the community is either not skilled enough, not geared enough, they’re pc does not run the game well enough, or they are not willing to spend the time and effort on learning mechanics for hard mode. At the time of day that I’m typically playing, it’s hard enough to find parties to run just “easy” mode of the top 4 dungeons. They’re crazy to think that the average f8 player could do hard mode.

Well we are lucky we didnt get beginner mode and its lowered rewards....
insted we got harder easy mode and lowered rewards :D

Tbh i understand how they think:
    if we destroy game before end of year, we doont need to work on ue4 :D

• Like 3

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Also the game never had any tutorials for dungeon mechanics, but there are plenty of guides in this forum, on youtube, and generally all over the internet, so that if a player wants, he just needs to search one up and read / watch it to learn and then try it.

Not quite true, about 1 year (or so) ago they introduced a little Button at each dungeon that was intended to explain the mech. Official statement was this is an upcomming feature and is in development. A few weeks / month later they just removed this button without any notice in patchnotes, at least i havent read about it.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Cyan:

I just wanted to quickly state that the dungeon difficulty is unrelated to other changes in this update, all of which is feedback being forwarded to the developers.

Honest answer?
Who should belive you anymore @Cyan? You keep telling us that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ now since release but did anything ever changed? NO it didnt. Just to mention a few points:
- Clan PVP start times during Daysavetime
- Reporting funktion for AFK Players
- Many pvp releated sugesstions and complains
99% of our feedback just have been silenced to oblivion, No Communication from your, the official, side. Your tactic is quite simple. Silence and sit it out until people resignate, give up, or just leave the game.
So please for god sake either start doing your ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ job an start listening to and communicating  with the community in a proper way or just keep quite while watshing your game going down the drain, but please spare us with you hollow phrases no one belive anymore, at least as long as there wont follow any actions

Thank you

• Like 3

Are you actually kidding here? You cut the gold rewards in half specifically BECAUSE the dungeons now got easier as stated in your very own patch notes! Never mind that they didn't get easier, never mind that easier dungeons take just as much time and effort, never mind that there are now more gold sinks than ever before with less ways of earning gold. Just buy gold, am I right?

You know what, @Cyan? Never mind. You can keep your game as messed up as this. I'm done even bothering to complain anymore because you and your colleagues are either clueless or out of touch, or both. Consider my premium cancelled, you won't see any of my money anymore for this continued disaster of a game.  I've been paying and playing without interruption since the game was out in the West but you've finally driven me to the point where I can't justify spending time and money on your greedy company and terribly optimized game anymore.

Edited by Laneera
  • Like 2