Dungeon Difficulty Update

Cyan

• NCSOFT

Hello everyone,

In active discussion with the dev team, we’ve received further clarification on the dungeon changes and would like to provide you with additional insight.

Firstly, Easy Mode is unrelated to the Beginner Mode that was released in Korea, and should not be compared as such. It is not planned to get the Beginner Mode and its lowered rewards. Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode. We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts.While some of these mechanics can instantly kill you in Hard Mode, the aim was to simplify it in such that it only removes a percentage of your health in Easy Mode.

Secondly, we will be adjusting some stats on bosses in Easy Mode to make things easier overall this week on September 25 for the following dungeons:

• Cathedra Cliffs
  • Warped Citadel
  • Brood Chamber
  • Dreamsong Theater
  • The Shadowmoor

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Guildist said:

What about the gold nerf? It was said on stream that because we were given easy mode, we were also given reduced rewards. 

I think this still applies, regardless of it easy mode still has simplified mechanics, no wipe mechanics and so on, so the gold nerf from dailies would still be valid from what it seems.

Idk, maybe they should injcrease the gold reward boost from dailies thats included in the premium benefits to balance it out, would also give some more incentive to get premium.

but ...from what cyan said, now it makes more sense on why certain removed mechanics returned.

Edited by Grimoir
  • Like 1

Gold income has previously been reduced, for most recent example, gold from SJF and FAS weekly quest was reduced when Titan CHamber/Dr. Grubbus was released.

At other times when new dungeons were released, or hard modes removed,  daily quest gold has been removed.

I think it may have been a mistake in trying to link/justify the gold nerfs with the new naming structure of "easy" mode.

The instances that easy mode doesn't touch/ wasn't expected to touch ( for example, solo dungeons like Den, Outlaw, and SUndering) having their gold daily quest reduced does not logically correlate.

We as players need to realize that NC occassionally likes to adjust the daily gold incomes, and that our patches are sometimes bundled in awkward ways.

I've had lots of "fun" in "easy" Warped Citadel this week, exploring the 3rd phase, addt'l wipe conditions, etc.  Glad the "easy" modes can be patched back closer to our normal modes.

• Like 1

As a new player, I disagree with the changes made to the dungeons in this new zen archer patch.

Here is my opinion:

What I don't like: the daily quest mechanics, because as new player with low gear, I'm unable to get daily rewards as before cause I can't complete 6 daily. 

Some dungeon are shown as "Easy" difficulty, but they clearly are not.

The gold amount, as a new player now is harder to gear up.

The choice to make some mechanics in dungeons harder, since there are no tips nor a tutorial to teach you the dungeons, so it just ends up as a wipe.

I hope some of the above will be fixed tomorrow and I hope that new players will be able to get daily rewards and golds as before as well , maybe in next patches. 

Edited by Ladyhks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ladyhks said:

The choice to make some mechanics in dungeons harder, since there are no tips nor a tutorial to teach you the dungeons, so it just ends up as a wipe.

they didnt make mechanics harder. they simply returned back mechanics that were previously removed from our normal modes. Now easy mode and hard mode mechanics are the same with the difference hard mdoes can cause you to wipe and the easy ones shouldnt.

Also the game never had any tutorials for dungeon mechanics, but there are plenty of guides in this forum, on youtube, and generally all over the internet, so that if a player wants, he just needs to search one up and read / watch it to learn and then try it.

You guys literally said on stream that the point was to make it easier to clear. If your intention was to make a mode to better prepare people for hard mode you should have made the old normal mode the new easy mode and make this bs the new normal mode. This patch was pathetic and we should've known that in the end you guys would just say its working as intended.

• Like 3

Why do you feel the need to use your patch previews to lie to customers? I assume that you will be remedying the reduced quest gold in easy mode since the reasoning for the gold reduction was due to the lowered boss hp.

• Like 2

thats it i am done with this game, you guys lies so much for my taste and this one right here takes that cake, and oh wait ! what about the solo dungeons gold reduction and difficulty increase and lucky dragonblood removal ? is there planed hard mode for those solo dungeons that have no modes in the first place ? what a disgusting unrespectful devs and publisher.

• Like 6

So from what I'm gathering from youtube, discord, you are basically forcing people to fork over money in order to progress. I just started and I have no desire to continue progressing, but hey leveling characters is still free right? 

• Like 4

The fact that you said you made Easy mode for us to get ready for Hard mode is a joke... 
1st you take away normal mode and replaced it with Easy mode and then give us this post stating that this was better???

for some people easy mode is as of right now HARDER than normal mode and is giving less gold... how is replacing Normal mode with easy mode but easy mode is harder?

nope this is not misleading at all

• Like 3

I told you guys, the don't ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing play the game. Everything you guys put on here will be intended anyway lol. Just accept the fact that they won't make anything better. Even veteran players are calling out how bad is this patch and told everyone to quit. They just not gonna do anything. They are lazy, you guys think they will fix anything? Hell nah

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

In active discussion with the dev team, we’ve received further clarification on the dungeon changes and would like to provide you with additional insight.

Firstly, Easy Mode is unrelated to the Beginner Mode that was released in Korea, and should not be compared as such. It is not planned to get the Beginner Mode and its lowered rewards. Easy Mode was more of a balance change that hoped to prepare everyone for the more difficult Hard Mode. We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts.While some of these mechanics can instantly kill you in Hard Mode, the aim was to simplify it in such that it only removes a percentage of your health in Easy Mode.

Secondly, we will be adjusting some stats on bosses in Easy Mode to make things easier overall this week on September 25 for the following dungeons:

• Cathedra Cliffs
  • Warped Citadel
  • Brood Chamber
  • Dreamsong Theater
  • The Shadowmoor

Thank you!

Easy mode is related  to the one in Korea similar word similar meaning similar purpose.
Easy Mode is not a balance change that would hope to prepare ANYONE  for the difficult HARD MODE the one who was Acting as its Tutor or Teaching people how to do Hard Mode was our lost Normal Mode which you guys took out and instead of teaching or helping by bringing this "easy mode" it just became harder and less rewarding  no just that this "easy mode" is no teaching anyone but ruining their days and wasting their time for nothing but to be annoyed of including the gold reduction BY HALF. 
Normal Mode Covered all there was needed to Teach Mechanics to push people to do Hard Mode.  
While Easy Mode is there to cut time spent doing said dungeons and help players with less gear BE able to start learning and getting said Dungeon done rather than LOCK them out for being under geared or not knowing anything about said dungeon.  
Not to say that you guys said clearly that it was to make things things easier to clear and faster to help lower or new geared players but this has took it backwards due to less gold gain, less mats, more time spent, more work towards it.

They woulda just lie to us and solve this issue by saying they made a mistake and forgot to put Easy/Normal/Hard mode like KR, instead they put Easy/Hard but it's actually Nor/Hard. and then solve this problem by simply put a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing Easy mode in and pretend that nothing happened
I would take that, but in fact, they are stupid. They can't even think of how to save this game lmao

• Like 1

when your biggest calmest youtuber whale get angry, you know you done goofed, 90% of the relevant dungeons have hard mode mechanics for half the rewards now, but not only that, theres no hard mode equivalent with increased gold and rewards, its like you guys are toying with us, and the bugs and DC basic mats box requirement are higher now with means no more alts unless you life this trash ! why ? the hell is happening back there ? is this game going to close before the end of this year and you guys are just milking us dry along with new players ? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

We understand the name “Easy mode” can be misleading, but there were some changes done to boss fight mechanics to help everyone learn these fights to be better prepared for their harder counterparts. While some of these mechanics can instantly kill you in Hard Mode, the aim was to simplify it in such that it only removes a percentage of your health in Easy Mode.

Prepare us for Hard Mode? There are LITERALLY only 4 dungeons with Hard Mode.

The rest of the dungeons simply got harder with absolutely nothing to prepare for. Why?

• Like 6

This is the transcript from your stream. So basicly you are denying your own words? video

normal difficulty level for dungeons is being lowered down the easy hard mode is gonna remain unchanged. however the dungeons are becoming easier in doing so some of the quests that are done in the easy mode are having their rewards reduced a little bit slightly we'll have the entire list available in the patch notes it's stuff moving from like 45 silver to 35 silver or maybe like eight gold to six gold anyway so yeah that really I think some of the daily challenge quests are updated using the stuff like that we'll have the entire list on the patch notes with all the changes and stuff yep that yes so some of the the quests are being reduced in the question or the dungeons are becoming easier in general yep I can if you go to my machine I can show that in the dungeon lobby how there's there's now just easy easy and hard yeah it was normal and hard now it's easy so it's easier to understand there you go no normal is the new normal well it's like when you order a like number two at McDonald's and like you want that normal or large size and you're like well they always said you wanted medium but you can actually get it small too yeah so I guess they took out the medium it's just smaller large yeah so if they've been significantly reduced actually so it is easier to run much easier to run much quicker to run and then with that there was a minor there are some gold reductions a go acquiring reductions as well from the quests.

Edited by Jeno
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Inundated said:

Prepare us for Hard Mode? There are LITERALLY only 4 dungeons with Hard Mode.

The rest of the dungeons simply got harder with absolutely nothing to prepare for. Why?

to milk everyone dry and force them to swipe and trove for progression, just think about it, if a new player try those ''easy mode'' dungeons and get his rectum resized the size of black hole... then he will form the idea that ''hard mode'' is even more intense, with in return make him swipe and progress or no life the game and quit in the middle of it ooor throw this trash into the bin and never return, they're hard mode milking everyone plain and simple.

• Like 4