I dont like new daily challenge changes. Here's why...

Backstabpuss

People are adressing different issues related to the new update and while many arent realy spot on, I do recogonize that some are justified (like gold nerf).

However, my biggest problem with this update is related to daily challenge quests.

1. I dont like that PvP quests are removed from dail challenge.

This way you discourage people to do PvP and also lower the number of arena participants. I dont see the reason for this since non-PvP-ers could have completed daily challenge by simply doing PvE.

2. I dont like that you need to do 4 quests to actually gain something useful.

Doing daily challenge was a pain even before since they are realy useful only if you do them with multiple alts. Now you need at least half an hour to complete them which means forget doing them with alts. In long run this will leave players with les mats in disposal and more frustration. I dont see the logic in increasing the number of daily challenge quests tbh.

I know this wont happen, but I still suggest that you reverse these changes. 

Edited by Backstabpuss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

I agree with you on this. there should be at least 8 PVP related quests on the list for PVP players to do so they dont have to bother with PVe, not to mention it would also be a choice for others if they want to do solely PVE or PVP or a mix to complete the challenges.

2 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

Personally i dont really mind that there are 2/4/6/8 completions needed. But at least in my opinion, daily challenges should have more than 8 positions listed to allow everyone to choose what they want to complete for the challenge. They should just include all of the daily quests in the challenge list and allow everyone to pick which 8 they want to complete cause with the fixed ones it becomes problematic, like for instance today where 2 challenges are hard mode dungeons, which not everyone can do, no one should be lets say "discriminated" for the daily challenge because they choose to progress at their own pace, everyone should have the equally the same options to complete all 8. This will help the lesser geared players, and will somewhat "help" those with limited playtime as then at least they can choose the most optimal ones.

(Now despite my reply saying it would help those with limited play time, i still believe the game should not change to adapt to someones personal life. The above however will at least give everyone an equal chance to complete everything)

Edited by Grimoir

i was on my main and wanted arena keys -____- i couldn't even do the dc  needed for 6 completion....this is just great.

i didnt know they could actually pull off a patch that could turn off whales and average players but they did.

my friend wanted to come back and  i cant even ask him again..cause he cant even get is daily keys that he for one use to farm easy when he was active.

biggest patch of the year and so many errors, simple errors too, they need to consult with the bns community and get a feedback on what they need improvements on, before doing blind patches like these to get backlash then fix later on. what they did with bracelet is somewhat ok , as whales need to sometime wait but the wait they gonna have to wait is soooo long...they could have made a better way to get bracelet without having to wait 1-3 months knowing theres nothing you can do.

so many stuff need to look over in this patch and needed to be done asap too...its not a good look leading up to unreal engine.

who ever giving the devs info need to play the game more  or ask someone who plays the game like kero....  there input on things . everything thats in this patch isn't benefiting anybody only turning players into enemy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

People are adressing different issues related to the new update and while many arent realy spot on, I do recogonize that some are justified (like gold nerf).

However, my biggest problem with this update is related to daily challenge quests.

This way you discourage people to do PvP and also lower the number of arena participants. I dont see the reason for this since non-PvP-ers could have completed daily challenge by simply doing PvE.

Doing daily challenge was a pain even before since they are realy useful only if you do them with multiple alts. Now you need at least half an hour to complete them which means forget doing them with alts. In long run this will leave players with les mats in disposal and more frustration. I dont see the logic in increasing the number of daily challenge quests tbh.

I know this wont happen, but I still suggest that you reverse these changes. 

Let me add something:

Auto clearing the daily challenges count is a very bad decision that will hinder people to have real life. hardcore players like me also have life, sometimes we dont have time to clear dailies (especially Wednesday playing time is cut by maintenance) and thats why we prepare early. They do this-> cut our throat, Very bad move. Read my thread for my consideration: 

• Like 1

• NCSOFT

Hi all, 

Just removed some posts from the discussion. Criticism is absolutely ok but personal attacks aren't, especially when they contribute nothing to the discussion at hand.

Thanks in advance for keeping it civil from now on.

It is true, i have been playing bns for 3 years and am still not qualified to run dreamsong and the other dungeon before dreamsong but thanks to the new daily quest i have to run them and the funny part is most of my dmg contribution  to the boss is usually below 5% and even 1v1 pvp and 3v3 arena might be deserted since there is no quest or any special reward so its a dead end(for me that is). Over the years bns staffs worked really hard to make it possible for all of us to enjoy it even more in the future, am really moved by their dedication. You must be wondering why i never got powerful enough to do those for 3 years, the reason is that am trying to understand all the classes and see which suites me best for pve and pvp and ended up upgrading on the way. Long story short, am not a complainer and i dont like to do so either cause they have worked really hard to make this enjoyable, few of my problems with bns now is:

1-The gears are getting outrageously higher and faster cause gathering materials in dungeons isnt a day job especially legendary gems(not saying you should increase anything just saying).

2-The main quest is too much, one wont be able to enjoy the story line cause he or she will start thinking at some point to just lvl up fast and start skipping stories, only early players would get to enjoy it and not those who just started(i do know u wont be able to do anything abt it since korean didnt do a thing about it so just stating some flaws.

3-New launcher, like i said its from korea, NC EU wont be able to do anything about changing the or doing anything to compromise the codes or program but for majority of players using a 3rd party cause the new launcher is having one problem and the other which am not going to say it since here its forum, not support.

• Like 1

In my opinion they took a step in right direction, but not being consistent enough.

Eight quests with increasing rewards the more you do, fine. The focus becomes shifted more to one character as keeping up DC with several characters gets harder. I plead for an account wide daily and weekly challenge system. So after doing the 8 quests you're really done with the challenge for the day.

1. Many people use the rewards of the DC from alts to push their main, with an account wide DC system the overall account bound rewards could be adjusted better, as you can't get multiple DC rewards (1-12). Also for the developers it get's much easier to calculate a fair reward in the purpose of progression for everyone.

2. Eight daily quests are fine, the current selection not.

• PvP dailes should return to the DC
  • There should be a choice like it was before (8 out of 10-12 differend quests)
  • DC shouldn't distinguish in easy mode and hard mode. The current splitting is totally annoying as veterans can't do a hard mode train for the DC anymore.

3. Why not even go futher and make a seperate PvP daily challenge with extra zen beans + battlepoints as rewards? As for the dailies I would like to see a "participate 3 times in an arena match/battleground", the incentive to win these matches should be given by the amount of zen beans / battlepoints you gain for a win. Maybe combine that with an additional zen bean/battlepoint mulitplier for the first three matches of the day. (counts account wide)

4. Fix the easy mode system.

Not much to say about this, where is the hotfix? Where are the information? Six days of daily challenge in bugged dungeons...

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 3

On 9/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, Backstabpuss said:

^ this very much!

I certainly did not start out this way, but by now I am a casual PvP/6v6 player that mostly avoids PvE, especially anything that is time consuming and repetitive.

It is just boring to do the same instances over and over again.

Before the patch, the daily challenge allowed me to combine my passion for 1v1 and 6v6 and still earn a not insignificant amount of gold to help me with my 6v6 gearing, with nothing extra needed but a run to celestial basin. Now, it's like a major time investment that I would prefer to spend entirely differently, especially since the fastest way to complete the 3/4 stage is to do the easiest and most boring dungeons over and over again. Which is not really my idea of fun in a game. :(

I am sort of interested in the Fox pet set and the collection rewards, so I think I will put up with it for now, but I am already convinced I will pass on daily challenge completely after I got my foxes, and will never return.

Which in turn will make 6v6 even harder. :/

But I will still prefer playing 6v6 on silver rank forever to losing half my evenings' play time to boring PvE. :P

• Like 2

Am 23.9.2019 um 10:37 schrieb Hyunkel:

Hi all, 

Just removed some posts from the discussion. Criticism is absolutely ok but personal attacks aren't, especially when they contribute nothing to the discussion at hand.

So why no communication ? since you wrote here it seems you guys read the forum sometime. Why are you not chatting with us ? it is ur job ! you get payed for that !

• Like 1

On 23/09/2019 at 10:37 AM, Hyunkel said:

Hi all, 

It's been a week since this utter trash patch was deployed. Where are the promised changes? Where is the proper easy mode? When are you putting back solo dungeons into dailies? When are you going to do proper events with substantial rewards, as all events should be? Give us some freaking answers, enough of your silence.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:49 PM, Nemises said:
  • DC shouldn't distinguish in easy mode and hard mode. The current splitting is totally annoying as veterans can't do a hard mode train for the DC anymore.

Support this one.

And bring back the quest count clear from reading the letter please

Edited by blooash23

Prior to patch you had convenient options for those who couldn't life BnS. At least they got their Daily challenges done (abeit with less mats because they had to do basin/TOI due to lack of time). Now with this patch, not only have you removed the quick dailies, you increased the count to 4 as well as made them dynamic based (not to mention the gold nerfs). This isn't even close to the same as before patch and definitely not an improvement.

• Like 1

I will  add that removing solo dungeons was also unnecessary. I would understand removing ToI since its different thing, but cant see a reason for other ones.

I however, unlike most, fully support gold nerf. I will also suggest to nerf it even more since the game is overflown with gold. I see people offering 9k gold for 5k NC coins, which is crazy.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Shuchin said:

+1 to gold sinks. I would much appreciate if you managed to increase the value of gold, and soon.

3 hours ago, Nemises said:

Via the DC by lowering the daily income or through other methods?

I'm in favor of other methods that aren't so hard on newer players.

fully support gold nerf, more gold sinks..................that wont work only will make it harder for f2p players since GOLD SELLERS will still be there and people whit money will fill their pockets whit gold

at least that what every mmo has teached me no matter how you nerf the incomes for players as long there is gold seller, there will be inflation

Edited by Arkdain

I was curious whats up with putting event pumpkin cache in a hard mode daily dungeon. I just realized that today. Cause like some i cant be a lifer in BnS, i have a son and work to tend to. I was getting on running two dungeons to get the event stuff and now today one of the pumpkin cache is in a hard mode dungeon. 

3 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

I was curious whats up with putting event pumpkin cache in a hard mode daily dungeon. I just realized that today. Cause like some i cant be a lifer in BnS, i have a son and work to tend to. I was getting on running two dungeons to get the event stuff and now today one of the pumpkin cache is in a hard mode dungeon. 

If you thought about it for a minute you would realise that you can do that dungeon on easy mode and get the event box too, since the event boxes are tied to the daily quest and not the dynamic.  Daily quests are the same regardless of difficulty.

Am 27.10.2019 um 11:23 schrieb Shuchin:

+1 to gold sinks. I would much appreciate if you managed to increase the value of gold, and soon.

Yeah more gold sinks, we just dont have enough of them. Lets reduce every dungeon and raid  reward to a few silver and kill the game finaly, great idea.

Everyone can do TT and even ET, there are plenty of players having the gear and most off us are already geared for the upcomming new raid, we just dont know where to spend our money, cause they made weaponupgrades so unbelivable cheap with the last patch.

So hell yeah, lets add a fee of 1000 Gold  for each gem to send it to an alt or something like that, lets get rid of all the millions of gold we have and dont know how to waste.....

What the hell is wrong with you? Do you think prices for moonstones, sacred orbs, elysian orbs, evolved stones (premium) transformation stones and so on wil decrease? for sure they wont.
Since the last freaking patch prices rose a lot, let alone transformationstones went up from 12-13 gold to 20 gold+

As long as the supplyment with materials wont drasticaly increase, especialy the tradeable you need for crafting, any other goldsink would be another nail in the coffin.

Edited by Merlin DE