Forums

The game is a load of garbage

Viblo

This game at its current state is a load of garbage and everyone associated in the production of Blade & Soul is to blame. I can't believe that Bloodlust doesn't know the difference themselves between Easy and Normal Mode, and I can't believe that not a single person from NCWEST's QA team realized that something was off. Naturally, all that you say is that you'll investigate it. If we're lucky, maybe we'll see it fixed in two years like the Friends List and EU's Character Info. Meanwhile, the game's population numbers are in heavy decline, and rather than pushing the Storm of Arrows update out with as much polish as you could possibly put in -- maybe include actual features and adjustments that the community asked for, and put the update on every single available advertisement spot there is, you instead manage to break the forums, put out more restrictive content (looking at you, Throne of Oblivion), make the most commonly done activity in the game (Daily Challenge) worse than it previously was, and add more pay to win elements to the Hongmoon Store.

I've been actively farming for my characters the past 2 years and I've kept myself up to date on this game since the very launch, but you are really starting to tire me the hell out. Not a single promise that you made before the launch has been kept. Despite the fact that I haven't touched the game outside of ET (Scarlet Conservatory if you incompetent CMs need a translation) since the middle of the Hae Mujin's Outlaw Arena event, I keep actively looking on the Blade & Soul subreddit and the DevTracker on the official forums for just a hint of hope regarding the future of the game, but since Baskerville left, there's nothing. All I see from you at NCW is responses like "Please contact CS for more assistance" and answers to the most basic player questions there are.

Since NCW is awfully powerless to change things in the game, maybe that's the cause of the state of the game, but since we don't know the background process, what are we meant to do but direct the blame toward all companies involved? I have no idea if NCW is fulfilling their promise as publishers to "monitor the progress of the developer, critique ongoing development, and assist as necessary" or not. Maybe they are, but assuming NCWEST reports to NCSOFT who then relays the information to Bloodlust, it might just as well be an organization issue at NCSOFT. Maybe it's also NCSOFT who practically owns NCW forcing them to continue inimical business practices despite player feedback. And again - maybe NCSOFT has nothing to do with it either, but Bloodlust is the actual factor to blame.

Whatever it is, the entire production of this game is chaotic. Your promise to make the western version of the game unique to other regions was a blatant lie. It was said to entice players to play the game and have them believe the companies working on the game wanted what was best for the community. In reality, the entire game is scuffed and is produced with the barest minimum of effort from all parts.

At this point, I truly hope that the European Union follows the Belgian Gaming Commission's lead and bans purchases of items in games that are random in nature. Free to play or not, I really don't care nor do I want to keep propping up bad habits like gambling from idiotic corporations. Let the idiots running this game on all fronts fold and force them to find a new consumer friendly monetization paradigm that doesn't encourage game designs intended to be addictive and toxic as a way to increase quarterly revenue.

• Like 1

We are still getting content updates only because chinese are still paying for this game, otherwise BnS would have gone out of biz a long time ago.  NA/EU BnS server is probably contributing less than 1% of total NC revenue.  NCW really should chew on that.  If i am the Korean NC boss, i would have fired all NCW staffs a long time ago.  It is a miracle that BNS staffs still have jobs.

13 hours ago, pikapikapika said:

NCW has no freaking clue how to manage and run a game.  Time to sell itself to 10 cent.  10 cent will make us swipe, but at least it is professional, and actually understands the game.

Fair point. Tencent is a horrible publisher when it comes to pay to win, but they do understand the game and can therefore make more drastic changes to their own game.

13 hours ago, pikapikapika said:

We are still getting content updates only because chinese are still paying for this game, otherwise BnS would have gone out of biz a long time ago.  NA/EU BnS server is probably contributing less than 1% of total NC revenue.  NCW really should chew on that.  If i am the Korean NC boss, i would have fired all NCW staffs a long time ago.  It is a miracle that BNS staffs still have jobs.

I'm very confident in the fact that Team Bloodlust doesn't lose money by continuing the western Blade & Soul version, but you're right. Korea and China's servers makes a ton more money than our does, especially now considering how many people is quitting.

13 hours ago, Asuramon said:

What is restrictive about Throne of Oblivion?

Lock a new equipment piece behind a weekly lockout raid, having it take 3-6 months + put Raid Reset Charms on Hongmoon Store = profit.

Because of that, I haven't touched the new dungeon, nor did my raid group. What's the point doing Cathedra Cliffs if we have to wait so long on some trash raid that no one enjoys doing in the first place?

Hmmm... there seems to be a lot of this. Maybe transferring the game over to Enmasse Entertainment would solve the issue that has everyone angry. They worked on Tera and that game came out in South Korea first by Bluehole Studios. Anyway, that is my guess, but I haven't been on the game in two years so I haven't seen what has everyone in a frenzy like this. All I do know is that I did enjoy the combat when I played it back then and I also enjoyed the customization which is something not all games have including Tera. That itself gave us a lot of ways to make our characters interesting and unique. 

I suppose I'll see what all the fuss is about when I can get on the game again, but until then all I can do is read what others think. 

2 hours ago, Viblo said:

I'm very confident in the fact that Team Bloodlust doesn't lose money by continuing the western Blade & Soul version, but you're right. Korea and China's servers makes a ton more money than our does, especially now considering how many people is quitting.

They make a lot more money because they are real p2w servers with upgrades that have a chance to fail, and gear you can literally buy directly from the store.

So you should never compare those regions to ours profit wise because its a different business model and a different market.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

They make a lot more money because they are real p2w servers with upgrades that have a chance to fail, and gear you can literally buy directly from the store.

So you should never compare those regions to ours profit wise because its a different business model and a different market.

most of them have a iten that give 100% success that you can buy

the only difference is that our version they hide with fragments or tokens in rng box

9 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

Hmmm... there seems to be a lot of this. Maybe transferring the game over to Enmasse Entertainment would solve the issue that has everyone angry. They worked on Tera and that game came out in South Korea first by Bluehole Studios. Anyway, that is my guess, but I haven't been on the game in two years so I haven't seen what has everyone in a frenzy like this. All I do know is that I did enjoy the combat when I played it back then and I also enjoyed the customization which is something not all games have including Tera. That itself gave us a lot of ways to make our characters interesting and unique. 

I suppose I'll see what all the fuss is about when I can get on the game again, but until then all I can do is read what others think. 

EnMasse will kill it like they killed TERA.

Even Gameforge would do better seeing the state of NCwests Aion and Gameforges.

In any case every western publisher is trash, the NCwest CEO probably doesnt understand english to communicate.

the support team is garbage,im not even sure why they still have a job with that amount of incompetence. Community team announces you can transfer the rng box WEAPON CHEST and the support team tells you "oh we meant the RNG BOX ITSELF",im not even sure if each team communicates with each other,and previous NCW workers have reported that despite there being good ppl,the ceo and the overall enviroment is awful with a little communication. After Omeed left the game kept going downhill. He promised good things and if he still worked hed do all things he said,but once he left down we go. Also certain community staff members are questionable,judging how they work on Aion and other forums. And most importantly the development team doesnt understand the western player base,im not sure if its ignorance or greed or both[probably both],i play BnS since 2013 over several regions and even China is more playable than West. This was supposed to be the biggest patch of the year and its the worse we had back to back[August patch and selling stats in cash shop while promising they wouldnt do that]. NCwest if not the entire NCsoft need an overhaul.

5 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

EnMasse will kill it like they killed TERA.

Even Gameforge would do better seeing the state of NCwests Aion and Gameforges.

In any case every western publisher is trash, the NCwest CEO probably doesnt understand english to communicate.

the support team is garbage,im not even sure why they still have a job with that amount of incompetence. Community team announces you can transfer the rng box WEAPON CHEST and the support team tells you "oh we meant the RNG BOX ITSELF",im not even sure if each team communicates with each other,and previous NCW workers have reported that despite there being good ppl,the ceo and the overall enviroment is awful with a little communication. After Omeed left the game kept going downhill. He promised good things and if he still worked hed do all things he said,but once he left down we go. Also certain community staff members are questionable,judging how they work on Aion and other forums. And most importantly the development team doesnt understand the western player base,im not sure if its ignorance or greed or both[probably both],i play BnS since 2013 over several regions and even China is more playable than West. This was supposed to be the biggest patch of the year and its the worse we had back to back[August patch and selling stats in cash shop while promising they wouldnt do that]. NCwest if not the entire NCsoft need an overhaul.

I don't know about that. There seem to be more people on Tera that I saw than on Blade and Soul. Rarely any posts like this in the forms indicating the game is garbage which would mean Tera is doing better than Blade and Soul. I don't think the game has been killed at all. It couldn't be if they are doing better than that of Blade and Soul. Besides both games started out in South Korea. The only issue would be the heavy censorship kind of like the China version of Blade and Soul that you would have to worry about considering they censored Elins. If every game in the west sucks to you then don't play games at all simple as that, but I'd like to call that BS as there is plenty of games in the west that are decent. As for the rest that everyone else is complaining about. I don't really know what the fuss is all about as I have not played the game in two years, so I will see what it is about when I can get back into the game. Overall even if the skills, battle, and other stuff is crap, I'd still log in just to see my characters, chat, and goof around. Then again I may be missing the game since I been off it, so that maybe just me. Simply way to fix your complaint is go back to China version and don't play western games if you don't like them so much. I mean after all, you said all west games are garbage which means you simply like no games in the west.

15 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

After Omeed left the game kept going downhill. He promised good things and if he still worked hed do all things he said,but once he left down we go.

Completely untrue. Omeed was our Community Director meaning his influence was limited, and he was the exact person who promised things like Blade & Soul west being entirely its own game, how the localization team would remain faithful to the original Korean theme and how there would be zero censoring. Those promises failed right from the start. Omeed said what we wanted to hear - not what NCWEST were going to deliver.