NCLAUNCHER2 crash

dfccf

Hi there.

I got interested again in the game and wanted to come back to it.

However, I found an issue with the launcher. As the title says, it crashes before I can even get to the login window. It gets to the point where it updates the launcher and then when it's trying to initialize, it freezes and then crashes. Before you say anything, Ill tell you what I tried and hope I can find someone who had the same exact problem.

What I tried.

1. Redownloading Launcher and Reinstalling it.

2. Excluding the launcher from all antivirus, Windows Defender, Firewall.

3. Deleting the antiviruses.

4. CHKDSK, DISM something, netsh winsock reset, and some other CMD solutions ive tried from the forums(I dont remember them all).

5. Resetting my PC(Reinstalling Windows)

6. Tried to find the problem by event log and what I've got was this:

Faulting application name: NCLauncher2.exe, version: 2.2.0.571, time stamp: 0x5d2fd42d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1006, time stamp: 0x3c7d79a4
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00112cd2
Faulting process id: 0x268c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d568570ee9672d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: aa148ef0-75fd-401f-9d46-0e5b1bc45804
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

7. I added nclauncher2.exe as high priority graphics performance(Nvidia control panel)

All had the same response from the launcher.

From the event log I presume it has to do with KernellBase.dll but well when i tried the solutions i found on google and youtube, none of them worked.

Sorry for my bad english, but I really hope I can find someone who can help me with this issue.

Thanks

P.S.: I tried launchers from other games such as Dragon Nest or Cabal and they worked fine. I had no issues with old launcher either.

The kernelbase.dll error can appear when some needed file is not installed. Uninstall Bns and reboot. Then run installer with admin rights and change destination folder  to c:/bns

Don't use c:/program files   or   c:/program  files  (x86) as destination.

Edited by Cohen

5 hours ago, Cohen said:

The kernelbase.dll error can appear when some needed file is not installed. Uninstall Bns and reboot. Then run installer with admin rights and change destination folder  to c:/bns

Don't use c:/program files   or   c:/program  files  (x86) as destination.

Thank you Cohen for your reply.

I uninstalled and rebooted as you told me. Also, ran installer as admin and destination folder as you said.

Still, the same issue :(

Any other things? 

It's hard to tell what exactly causes the problem. My first idea was that installation fails due to windows access rights on default folders.

Here are some more ideas...

1. Check windows protocolls in eventvwr. Are there any errors related to the start of the launcher?
  2.  If you can switch between 32 and 64 bit BnS Launcher.. switch^^
  3. Install dx9 runtime, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
  4. Replace graphic card drivers with older versions. Sometimes the latest drivers are broken on older hardware (the previous nVidia-driver 3xx.15 caused a windows 10 blue screen on my GTX 1060 when playing BnS and starting netflix in firefox...)
  5. Check windows system files, open "cmd" with admin rights and enter "sfc /scannow".
  6. If you have the latest version of windows 10 professional be sure that "windows sandbox" is not installed.
  7. Run a virus check using a antivirus boot-cd or boot-usb-stick. Even if it is unlikely there could be some malware on your pc.

Solution 1: You can try reregistering kernelbase.dll and check.

a. Click Start and type CMD in start search. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

b. Type "regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll" without the quotes and Press Enter.

c. Restart your computer and check.

Solution 2: Create New User Account.

Create a new user account and try the game from there. If it works, you likely have a corrupted profile which can cause the KernelBase.dll file error.

Solution 3: System File Checker [SFC] and [DISM]

you can try running a System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

click Start, type Command Prompt or CMD in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool prior to running the System File Checker. 

I know you said you already have tried DISM, if you done it differently then please re-do it, if you done exactly same then skip it and go to SFC

Type the following command, and then press Enter.  It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-8.1-and-8/hh824869(v=win.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN)

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.

Note Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:

·     Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

·     Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

To resolve this problem, perform the System File Checker scan in safe mode, and make sure that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp.

·     Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To view the detail information about the system file scan and restoration, go to How to view details of the System File Checker process.

·     Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

Solution 4:

Use Windows Updater and Update Windows.

Solution 5:

Another fix to deal with KernelBase.dll crash issue is to replace the file KernelBase.dll from another computer, below are instructions for “Windows 10 Pro” if you have Windows 10 but different edition you will have to ask a friend with the same edition.

1)    On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type CMD (as admin) and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.

2)    Type the command line systeminfo and press Enter to view your system type.

“X64-based PC” indicates that your Windows OS is 64-bit; “X86-based PC” means that your Windows OS is 32-bit. 

The location of the file KernelBase.dll varies in different system type. If your Windows OS is 64-bit, the 64-bit KernelBase.dll is located in C:\Windows\System32 and the 32-bit KernelBase.dll is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

If your Windows OS is 32-bit, the 32-bit KernelBase.dll is in C:\Windows\System32.

3)    Based on your system type, copy the file KernelBase.dll from another computer I’ve added KernelBase.dll (Windows 10 Pro) to Dropbox which you can download. running the same version and edition of Windows operating system and paste it to your own Windows operating system.

(32-Bit) = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4izfeqednd0wgt3/AACmqDI9Up0ZsrMpyViE6Mmba?dl=0

(64-Bit) = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6c3srwwb8bmlhqb/AAD9Eboz9fmHZGW_zsviF-1Va?dl=0

(Keep in mind that KernelBase.dll in Dropbox is placed in a folder, once downloaded open folder and move the file without a folder.)

If your Windows OS is 32-bit, paste the new file KernelBase.dll to C:\Windows\System32.

If your Windows OS is 64-bit, go to C:\Windows\System32 and paste the 64-bit KernelBase.dll to C:\Windows\System32 on your PC; then go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and paste the 32-bit KernelBase.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 on your PC.

4)    On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type CMD and then press Ctrl, Shift and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator. You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt.

5)    Type the Command line regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll and press Enter.

6)    Restart your PC to see whether this issue gets fixed or not.

Solution 6:

Use DLL‑files.com Client (not free) to Fix KernelBase.dll

Solution 7:

Uninstall .NET Framework 4.5 and install .NET Framework 4.0.

Edited by SayhaSeer

Thanks @Cohen and @SayhaSeer.

I appreciate your responses.

Ill try what you both suggested and try again,

Hope something works.

Btw I have Windows 10 Home single language and well, I can't find someone who has the same version. I tried that dll files program and it requires me to buy a license and I don't have access to a credit card at this moment.

I did the scannow and it found corrupted files but couldnt repair so I tried to run restorehealth and now im doing scannow again.

If it doesnt work Ill try the other solutions you have suggested me 

@Cohen I do have DirectX 12 installed but how will downgrading to 9 runtime will help me? Sorry I didn't get the reasoning behind that.

Thanks

Edited by dfccf
Missed to tag ppl

20 hours ago, dfccf said:

Thanks @Cohen and @SayhaSeer.

I appreciate your responses.

Ill try what you both suggested and try again,

Hope something works.

Btw I have Windows 10 Home single language and well, I can't find someone who has the same version. I tried that dll files program and it requires me to buy a license and I don't have access to a credit card at this moment.

I did the scannow and it found corrupted files but couldnt repair so I tried to run restorehealth and now im doing scannow again.

If it doesnt work Ill try the other solutions you have suggested me 

@Cohen I do have DirectX 12 installed but how will downgrading to 9 runtime will help me? Sorry I didn't get the reasoning behind that.

Thanks

When you go to the KernelBase.dll location folder depending on your system 32/64-bit is there KernelBase.dll? or is it missing?,  try doing solution 1;

a. Click Start and type CMD in start search. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

b. Type "regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll" without the quotes and Press Enter.

c. Restart your computer and check.

if the problem is still there after re-register I guess you could try use my file even if version is not the same, just be sure to save the original KernelBase.dll somewhere else while you test the other one and if something goes south you can just replace back with original or you could also create a system restore point just in case. 

EDIT: 

Windows 10 Home 32-bit - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5l3r7psxmjmzmwp/AAAL6LhyDl_poOYnMen6DMnPa?dl=0

Windows 10 Home 64-bit - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3nwa7vwp7whybre/AACloevIqKgpo0u1-pNKyTsza?dl=0

try with these. hope it works

Edited by SayhaSeer
Added Links

Thanks again @SayhaSeer for your reply.

My PC is 64bit-based. I tried replacing one i got from my friend(the only issue was that mine was the latest version of kernel 1006 while his was 885) and it didn't work :(

Registering it also gave me the error " The module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again." in both the old and new kernelbase.dll file.

I was kinda giving up, but I wanted to try resetting the pc but this time removing everything. Installed all the updates and launcher again and didn't work either.

I ran Event Viewer to see whats the issue and I found out 2 errors. Event ID 1000 related to Kernelbase.dll and Event ID 1026 Framework based(my framework is version 4.8).I havent tried downgrading to 4.0 because I have no knowledge on how to do that  and it seems I dont have an option to have both my 4.8 and 4.0 at the same time if you know what it means. And according to microsoft 4.8 supports 4.0 and up based applications. If that is not correct, let me know please.

Ok, I'm not a technician and I have little knowledge on Computer Programming. Having said that I searched the web for these particular Events and I found that many people had the same issue with UE4 related games such as fortnite. They couldnt even run the launcher just like me. I don't know if it is related.

I submitted a ticket on the first day to technical support and they keep giving me most of your suggested solutions.. one by one >.> I guess they are busy with other matters too.

I guess Ill paste the event logs to see if you or anyone knows.

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Error 

- EventID 1000 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-09-12T19:42:39.295514800Z 

EventRecordID 1036 

Channel Application 

Computer DESKTOP-4VI8RCV 

Security 

- EventData 

NCLauncher2.exe 
   5d2fd42d 
   KERNELBASE.dll 
   3c7d79a4 
   e0434352 
   00112cd2 
   2ea0 
   01d569a230ce4771 
   C:\BnS\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe 
   C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll 
   bb9b0b34-6106-4a6c-a054-687e675ad0e1 

Faulting application name: NCLauncher2.exe, version: 2.2.0.571, time stamp: 0x5d2fd42d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1006, time stamp: 0x3c7d79a4
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00112cd2
Faulting process id: 0x2ea0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d569a230ce4771
Faulting application path: C:\BnS\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: bb9b0b34-6106-4a6c-a054-687e675ad0e1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  .NET Runtime 

- EventID 1026 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-09-12T19:42:38.412402400Z 

EventRecordID 1035 

Channel Application 

Computer DESKTOP-4VI8RCV 

Security 

- EventData 

Application: NCLauncher2.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.EndOfStreamException at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.Ensure(Int32, Boolean) at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.ReadString() at DynamicClass.proto_28(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader) at ProtoBuf.Serializers.CompiledSerializer.ProtoBuf.Serializers.IProtoSerializer.Read(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader) at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.Deserialize(Int32, System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader) at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.DeserializeCore(ProtoBuf.ProtoReader, System.Type, System.Object, Boolean) at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.Deserialize(System.IO.Stream, System.Object, System.Type, ProtoBuf.SerializationContext) at ProtoBuf.Serializer.Deserialize[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.IO.Stream) at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.Deserialize(Byte[], Int32) at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.SocketSendReceive(Byte[]) at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.GetGameInfoLanguageRequest(System.String) at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream+<ProcessRequestService>d__33.MoveNext() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem() at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()  

Application: NCLauncher2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.EndOfStreamException
   at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.Ensure(Int32, Boolean)
   at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.ReadString()
   at DynamicClass.proto_28(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Serializers.CompiledSerializer.ProtoBuf.Serializers.IProtoSerializer.Read(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.Deserialize(Int32, System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.DeserializeCore(ProtoBuf.ProtoReader, System.Type, System.Object, Boolean)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.Deserialize(System.IO.Stream, System.Object, System.Type, ProtoBuf.SerializationContext)
   at ProtoBuf.Serializer.Deserialize[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.IO.Stream)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.Deserialize(Byte[], Int32)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.SocketSendReceive(Byte[])
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.GetGameInfoLanguageRequest(System.String)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream+<ProcessRequestService>d__33.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Sorry for the long response. I just dont know what else to do :(.

Thanks again 

Edited by dfccf

PLEASE Be sure to create a system restore point if you haven't done so before continuing with some of the steps mentioned below, So it's advised to do it now before doing any of the following steps.

1.) In the search box on the task bar, type Create a restore point, and select it from the list of results.

2.) On the System Protection tab in System Properties, select Create.

3.) Select Local Disk and press Configure

4.) Tick Turn on system protection and press Apply > Ok

2oH2j1S.png

5.) Type a description for the restore point, and then select Create > OK

For : Event ID 1000 and Event ID 1026

A.] Scan the Registry

Download and run CCleaner ( https://www.ccleaner.com/) 
1.) Open CCleaner and click Registry on the software’s window.
2.) Select all the registry check boxes, and press the Scan for Issues button.
3.) Next, select the Fix selected Issues option. You can also select Yes to back up the registry beforehand.
4.) Then click Fix All Selected Issues to fix the registry.

B.] Clean Boot Windows

1.) Press the Windows key + R hotkey to open the Run accessory.
2.) Then you can input ‘msconfig’ in Run to open the System Configuration window below.
3.) Select the Selective startup option on the General tab.
4.) Select both the Load system services and Use original boot configuration options.
5.) Deselect the Load startup items check box.
6.) Then select the Services tab
7.) Click the Hide all Microsoft services option.
8.) Press the Disable all button.
9.) Then press the Apply > OK buttons.
10.) Press the Restart button to reboot Windows.

C.] .NET Framework Repair Tool 

1.) Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from the link below, And see if this fixes the problem.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 )

D.] Reinstall Microsoft NET Framework

1.) First, open the Run accessory.
2.) Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run’s text box, and click the OK button.
3.) Note that earlier Windows platforms include Microsoft NET Framework on the Uninstall or change a program list. If you can see Microsoft NET Framework listed there, select it and press the Uninstall button.
4.) In Windows 10, you’ll need to click Turn Windows features on or off to open the window in the snapshot below.

SMgd8a2.png

5.) Expand the listed NET Framework components listed there and deselect all their check boxes.
6.) Next, click Download on this page https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool.shtml

to save the NET Framework Cleanup Tool’s ZIP to Windows.
7.) Open the NET Framework Cleanup Tool ZIP in File Explorer and press the Extract all button to extract it.
8.) Open the NET Framework Cleanup Tool’s window shown in the snapshot below.

DhgViXC.png

9.) Press the Cleanup Now button.
10.) Then restart the Windows OS.
11.) Download the NET Framework 4.8 version from link below, and then install it.
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/net48

E.] Re-Installing Visual C++ Runtime

you can also try downloading Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) v56 From the link, https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html
I am sure you have all of these already but Re-Installing could fix any corruptions that might exist, so it's worth to try.

F.] Update your Drivers using Driver Booster 6.

Outdated drivers can be another factor behind Event ID 1000 errors

If you have tried all the steps and nothing worked try Downloading Driver Booster 6 (Free Version) - https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php and before you Update all your drivers (PM me on Forums I will give you Activation Code for Driver Booster 6 Pro Version.), And See if that helps

Also I think when installing Driver Booster 6 it comes with bloatware = Dashline, Just Delete it via "Programs and Features"

G.] kernelbase.dll

For this error that you are getting - the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again." Have you tried doing all the 

1. Click the Start button.
2. Type "command" in the search box.
3. Hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard and click on Command Prompt. This will open it with admin privileges.
4. Click Yes on the permission dialog box.
5. Type and enter this command: regsvr32 /u KernelBase.dll. This will unregister the file.
6. Type and enter this command: regsvr32 /i KernelBase.dll. This will register the file.

It will most likely won't fix it, but it's always worth a shot.

H.] GAC_32 and GAC_MSIL

Go to C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/assembly and adjust the settings on the GAC_32 and GAC_MSIL folders as follows:

Right click, on GAC_32 Folder and go to "Properties"
Select "Security" tab
Click on "Advanced" button
Select "Owner" tab
Click on "Edit" button
Select "Administrators"
Select "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" option
Click "Apply"

Do this for both GAC_32 and GAC_MSIL folders 

13 hours ago, dfccf said:

I was kinda giving up, but I wanted to try resetting the pc but this time removing everything. Installed all the updates and launcher again and didn't work either.

By Resetting PC did you mean Factory Reset or Windows Reinstall?

Edited by SayhaSeer

2 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

By Resetting PC did you mean Factory Reset or Windows Reinstall?

Hi there, again thanks for the response... for this question in particular I did a windows reinstall keeping  only the softwares that came with the laptop.

ystem Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 9/12/2019, 16:50:26
             Machine name: DESKTOP-4VI8RCV
               Machine Id: {9463EC7A-7E45-479D-953E-D8256EAAA396}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
             System Model: GL553VD
                     BIOS: GL553VD.308 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8076MB RAM
                Page File: 5894MB used, 4102MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

8 hours ago, dfccf said:

Hi there, again thanks for the response... for this question in particular I did a windows reinstall keeping  only the softwares that came with the laptop.

Wait whaaaat, Windows Reinstall didn't fixed this issue either? O.o

Interesting. 

When you Re-Installed Windows 10 have you used latest Windows 10 Installer? or you had one from long time? - usually people Installs Windows into DVD/USB and keep it  for a long time until they need to Re-Install, which is fine in most cases unless installer is extremely old. If you used older one, try downloading latest Windows 10 from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 , You can also pre-load Windows 10 installer with your latest manufactors drivers. Honestly I'm surprised that Windows Re-Install haven't fixed the issue for you, but if you used older installer my guess would be it. However if you used latest one and you still getting corruptions and errors after Re-Install and none of the solutions above worked.. before and After Re-Install then I'm out of ideas, very Interesting. Maybe Support has other options that you could try. 

Edited by SayhaSeer

Hi and Thanks again. Fixed or not fixed, you are still my saviour. Learned a couple of things because of your assistance.

Yeah, didn't solve the issue. Btw, I was searching the web and found out you cant register KernelBase.dll because its a COM dll or the was it because it wasn't. I dont remember well. I got it from the forums of Microsoft, so I guess its true.

I missed something when you told me your possible solutions. I know I said update my windows to the latest, it wasn't. I had version 1809 and I just downloaded 1903. My bad. Anyways, now it is the latest version with everything up to date.

Now for drivers ill pm you for the code if it's not much bother.

Again, thanks and ill let you know if it worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfccf said:

Hi and Thanks again. Fixed or not fixed, you are still my saviour. Learned a couple of things because of your assistance.

Yeah, didn't solve the issue. Btw, I was searching the web and found out you cant register KernelBase.dll because its a COM dll or the was it because it wasn't. I dont remember well. I got it from the forums of Microsoft, so I guess its true.

I missed something when you told me your possible solutions. I know I said update my windows to the latest, it wasn't. I had version 1809 and I just downloaded 1903. My bad. Anyways, now it is the latest version with everything up to date.

Now for drivers ill pm you for the code if it's not much bother.

Again, thanks and ill let you know if it worked.

I've sent you the code for Pro Version. For KernelBase.dll Register I've found it in Microsoft forums too, I hope that the newer version of windows  was able to fix the issue though.

Edited by SayhaSeer

Ok I installed the pro version which made me install some game support drivers and updates for C++ stuff.

which I did.. 

After that I tried to uninstall nclauncher2 and it couldnt.. o.o

so I uninstalled it by IObit Uninstaller that Booster recommended me.

Now I can't install even the NCLauncher2 lol

I mean it asks for permission and then puff  disappears.

I guess the support drivers are the issue right?.. Weird cuz it came with a XNA Framework Redristibutable 4.0 Refresh driver. :/

lol this is beyond weird.

Tried to download other games launchers and they seem to work fine. o,o

Edited by dfccf

1 hour ago, dfccf said:

Ok I installed the pro version which made me install some game support drivers and updates for C++ stuff.

which I did.. 

so I uninstalled it by IObit Uninstaller that Booster recommended me.

Now I can't install even the NCLauncher2 lol

I mean it asks for permission and then puff  disappears.

I guess the support drivers are the issue right?.. Weird cuz it came with a XNA Framework Redristibutable 4.0 Refresh driver. :/

lol this is beyond weird.

Tried to download other games launchers and they seem to work fine. o,o

Wait, so what did you do exactly? you freshly installed windows, or you just updated windows into a newer version? and that is why you tried to delete launcher?, for Drivers use it only to update drivers, and only update the ones that you need, When it comes to drivers like GPU, installing manually from manufacturers website is a better choice, when you want to delete something use either specific software uninstaller that came with the software or Programs and Features, it's not necessary to use 3rd party uninstaller, try loading into Safe Mode and delete/Install Launcher from there, or delete it manually by going to the installed location and then download launcher again from http://launcher.patcher.ncsoft.com/NCLauncher2_Installer.exe 

1 hour ago, dfccf said:

Was there a reason you needed to remove launcher?

Edited by SayhaSeer