I wonder whether to come back to the game?

Izanagiii

I came back like a month ago from a long break too. Not much has changed in the way of optimization, but it certainly is possible to play the game. The sheer volume of new content, new systems and changes overwhelmed me a bit and I had no idea what to do at first, but it's easy enough to figure things out.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Izanagiii:

I wonder whether to come back to the game after a break of 1.5 years, but has anything changed since then about the optimization of the game? Is it still possible to play this game?

Sadly i cannot recommend it anymore.

PVP: is dead due to the lack of interest from NCsoft to do something about it. (They destroyed it intentionally maybe to reduce server usage i dont know)

PVE: Alot of bugs due to the lack of interest in fixing them. You will be able to do every existing content pretty fast but there will be a huge gap between casher and non casher unlike back then. You can litterly buy stats now with real life money.

The Playerbase is leaving more and more since awakening so alot of people doubt it will survive 2020. Ncsoft is using all their force to ignore player communication and this is the huge problem.

If you are looking for PVP i cannot recommend it since its dad.

If you are looking for PVE i cannot recommend it due to the lack of optimization, bugs and the pay to win aspect nowdays and their greedy tactics like removing some valuable farm spots just to sell thoose items later for reallife money.

1 hour ago, ImoutoMaster said:

PVP: is dead due to the lack of interest from NCsoft to do something about it. (They destroyed it intentionally maybe to reduce server usage i dont know)

PVE: Alot of bugs due to the lack of interest in fixing them. You will be able to do every existing content pretty fast but there will be a huge gap between casher and non casher unlike back then. You can litterly buy stats now with real life money.

The Playerbase is leaving more and more since awakening so alot of people doubt it will survive 2020. Ncsoft is using all their force to ignore player communication and this is the huge problem.

If you are looking for PVE i cannot recommend it due to the lack of optimization, bugs and the pay to win aspect nowdays and their greedy tactics like removing some valuable farm spots just to sell thoose items later for reallife money.

tbh problem isnt with game. Problem is with players. They want to have everythign here and now. Get best gear without effort. Thats why whales get good gear fast. Sure, its basically impossible to catch up to them wihtout spending real money, but it shouldnt be your goal or focus. Just take it slwo and enjoy the game, join clan, learn mechanics of raids and dungeons, farm outfits, participate in events and so on :)

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb YunoGasaiYandere:

tbh problem isnt with game. Problem is with players. They want to have everythign here and now. Get best gear without effort. Thats why whales get good gear fast. Sure, its basically impossible to catch up to them wihtout spending real money, but it shouldnt be your goal or focus. Just take it slwo and enjoy the game, join clan, learn mechanics of raids and dungeons, farm outfits, participate in events and so on :)

The problem in PVE is not completly on players site. Sure some want stuff just for free and thats way to easy of course but when you reached a treshhold like GC 9 Tiger soul etc. it takes weeks to get 1 or 2 ap. Thats way to long !

You should be able to get progression every week in my oppinion. Unfourtunetly for example between Awakened Tiger soul and True Tiger are 42 Oils = 19530 Gold. Thats 2 or 3 Months farming for a normal player. Way to much. Thats the time id want to have max soul. (If you focus completly on soul and use not even 1 gold for anything else.)

PVP Gear is another story. I payed 15K Gold recently and i dont even have all accesories. Not even max Weapon. Since my class is dead i am in top 5 of ladder currently but PVP gear is something you shouldnt have to pay alot ! You cannot expect people to use their gold for PVP where even max gear dosent protect you from getting one shot.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ImoutoMaster:

Hi,

here are my 5 Cents:

PvP

Not sure what they broke in your oppinion but if you are talking about 6vs6 Battleground, that has been kind of Bullshit since the start, becasue of not equalized Stats.

1vs1 and 3vs3 looks unchanged at least for me, its not that easy, but well you need to know how to play your class and how to play against other classes, so a lot to learn and practice.

For the Pay2Win aspect, correct me, but all of the PvE and PvP gear is unbuyable. You are still paying for progress not to win because you can't use your Stuff in 1vs1 and 3vs3 (Battleground is extended pve because better gear wins 90% of time, so its less skilldepended). If you pay for progress you are not winning something you just preogress faster.

Well I don't want to defend them, because they made a lot of bad decisions by listening on the wrong part of the community, but NCsoft is not a Cherrity Organisation, they need to make money pay employes and pay for infrastructure, so they need to earn money somehow.

But the game got a little bit too easy for my taste, with the awakening Patch we got a lot of Buffs and are able to deal more damage, waht is makeing things easier and faster already.

But sadly on top of that we got a lot of Nerfs of Dungeons and Raids aswell, so that Mechanics are still kinda there but if you are not doing them u are also not wipeing or takeing any punishment or anything. I don't know if its only me but I would like a kind of challengeing experience rather than just running through everthing brainless and bored. This development resulted from a lot peoply crying for the game beeing too hard  and they need so many AP to kill the boss in Naryu Sanctum or anything else, although they dont need any AP they need just knowlege. I guess it would help more if the Guide System with "CTRL + J" would actualy provide some Information about Mechanics. Because People are most of the time too lazy to use Google or  Youtube. xD

Well yes you are right the game is still no optimized properly, I have a Suggestion for one part except for the old engine and DX9

I hope someone of the developers  can check if it helps.

But on the other hand with the Unreal Engine 4 comeing early next year in Korea, my guess is, they actualy dont care for Bugs or anything at the moment because everybody is working on the Unreal Engine 4. As far as I know it won't be just an graphical overhault, it a new build from scratch. So lets hope it will help with the bad performance. :)

So TLDR:

the combat system itself is still enjoyable and not that boring like Tab targeting + faceroll on keyboard, or this new action systems like entering a cheatcode on your gameboy (up down up up down....).

If you find a clan with some people u get along, the game is much more enjoyable.

So for my part I still can recommend to come back, except you are someone who want max equip without spending time and efford and are just crying about everything is hard and takes too long..

Edited by CookieDAce

vor 7 Minuten schrieb ImoutoMaster:

The problem in PVE is not completly on players site. Sure some want stuff just for free and thats way to easy of course but when you reached a treshhold like GC 9 Tiger soul etc. it takes weeks to get 1 or 2 ap. Thats way to long !

You should be able to get progression every week in my oppinion. Unfourtunetly for example between Awakened Tiger soul and True Tiger are 42 Oils = 19530 Gold. Thats 2 or 3 Months farming for a normal player. Way to much. Thats the time id want to have max soul. (If you focus completly on soul and use not even 1 gold for anything else.)

PVP Gear is another story. I payed 15K Gold recently and i dont even have all accesories. Not even max Weapon. Since my class is dead i am in top 5 of ladder currently but PVP gear is something you shouldnt have to pay alot ! You cannot expect people to use their gold for PVP where even max gear dosent protect you from getting one shot.

Well you are right that the Soul takes a lot of time, but the Soul was intended as some sort of luxury Upgrade, so I also would just advice to get to true Tiger and than do all the other equip first. AP isn't everything, you get a lot of Bonus Effects from Accessories and SoulShields which outnumber the pure AP gain. and befor you think about upgradeing your Soul first concider upgradeing your Heart (as far as I know its still a better gold per damage ratio than the Soul)

I know couple of people who just upgrade their Soul with Oils from Events and transmuteing Evolved Stones, it takes time, but in the meantime they do other Equip.

It would be too boring if you were able to reach max equip in 2-3 months, after reaching it people would complain like: Its too easy to get max equip, its boting now, i am quitting because i have no challenge anymore.

The PvP gear in my oppinion is something to neglect completely, I would only do it when u have nothing else left to do, well I am not a fan of 6vs6 anyway xD

vor 2 Stunden schrieb KzE:

There are only problems with the game. Starting with the 50 hour single player game, while you call this game an mmo...

lol what do u expect to placed with max equip at endgame? xD

Its called Story and so far its one of the best MMO Stories so far, although its stretched at some point ^^

32 minutes ago, CookieDAce said:

Its called Story and so far its one of the best MMO Stories so far, although its stretched at some point

The story is a joke, and it was better before lvl50 patch. The whole leveling and teamplay too.

Edited by KzE

17 minutes ago, KzE said:

The story is a joke, and it was better before lvl50 patch. The whole leveling and teamplay too.

I agree. Story is a joke. Want good story with good voice acting? Try secret world legends. 

Still...there is nothing wrong with endgame being hard to get. You think gearing in blade and soul hard? Try getting best gear with Max enchant in lineage 2 pre goddess of destruction patch...

1 hour ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

You think gearing in blade and soul hard?

Its not hard. Its super boring. How you gear up? After story you join a random BT to get the ring + earring, in moon refugee rest of your accs, weapon from story quest, badge and soulshields from a 200 gold VT run and you done. From this point you just join the daily stuff / event and hold the right mouse button with simple mode. This is the game for the next year, till you get enough mats to gear up.

Il y a 8 heures, CookieDAce a dit :

...It would be too boring if you were able to reach max equip in 2-3 months, after reaching it people would complain like: Its too easy to get max equip, its boting now, i am quitting because i have no challenge anymore.

You fail to understand that 2-3 months of intense farming is already a lot in a lifetime, people in this game don't quit because there no challenge they quit because there no point to keep playing a game just to endlessly farming, there 0 proper endgame content in this game, dead arena because of awaken patch / depressing 10 Fps raids / pay2win locked battleground

vor 17 Stunden schrieb CookieDAce:

6vs6 Battleground, that has been kind of Bullshit since the start, becasue of not equalized Stats.

Yeah most people hate it. I actully dont mind the gear anymore but it should be cheap enough so you can get it in like 2 weeks since this mode is meant to be competative aswell.

When i play with my trash twinks (first get legendary pvp stuff stage 1 and ascendant 3 while Nova or Ivory Soul shield) i see alot of people i get into cc combos for like ages but i cannot kill them.

One example where i can see Gear >>>>>>>>>> Skill.

1vs1 and 3vs3 looks unchanged at least for me, its not that easy, but well you need to know how to play your class and how to play against other classes, so a lot to learn and practice.

1. Awakening patch destroyed the whole balance. I am not the only one who thinks like this pretty much 99% of all PVP Players to my knowledge.

2. PVP times. There was no reason to restrict it that much. (They said if the feedback is negative they will change it but they dont)

3. Third Spec. While KFM is trash in 1v1 and 3v3 in 6v6 its to strong and third Spec BM shouldnt exist PVP wise.

4. Wallbang (exist longer than awakening but awakening made it really easy to wallbang now)

5. BR rewards are trash.

6. Not giving PVP only players any way to farm mats. You can only open up to 2 1v1/3v3 Boxes a day and 1 6v6 box.

For the Pay2Win aspect, correct me, but all of the PvE and PvP gear is unbuyable.

We can argue what is pay to win for a long time but enough people did this already. There are different oppinions about it.

I call everything you cannot reach in an reasonable ammount without money pay to win too while others simply dont but lets not argue about it since it was done alot of times already.

Not sure what they broke in your oppinion but if you are talking about 6vs6 Battleground, that has been kind of Bullshit since the start, becasue of not equalized Stats.

Ballance, 3rd. spec, lags that you are already half dead in an aircombo when your screen get bright at the beginning of the match?

For the Pay2Win aspect, correct me, but all of the PvE and PvP gear is unbuyable. You are still paying for progress not to win because you can't use your Stuff in 1vs1 and 3vs3 (Battleground is extended pve because better gear wins 90% of time, so its less skilldepended). If you pay for progress you are not winning something you just preogress faster.

Well I don't want to defend them, because they made a lot of bad decisions by listening on the wrong part of the community, but NCsoft is not a Cherrity Organisation, they need to make money pay employes and pay for infrastructure, so they need to earn money somehow.

Of course they need to earn money and there is nothing to say against this, but there is a difference between eraning money and ripping off your customers.

Lets see:

- Right in time for trove at the beginning of june nerf of alphacoin droprates at boss 1 and 2 at DEN. I now have twice as much runs at DEN with my alt (and still need 9 coins) than i had with my main in april / may

- Nerfing farmspots / materialdrops and offer these mats every 2nd. or 3rd. at the offer of the day in the HM-Shop

- Selling Unity stones in the HM Store while the RNG to refine them is even more worse than it was from the start. I used 1 violet with crap stats and 5 or 6 blue ones trying ti get a violet with better stats, guess what i have got... right a blue one.

- the ridicolous amount of oils you need for soul, heart, talisman and in future for sure for the upcomming ancient weapon level upgrade. You cant farm that much of mats in a reasonable amount of time, at least not when you have a reallife. And even when you can, just befor you reacht your goal they introduce new stages where you need even more oils.

But the game got a little bit too easy for my taste, with the awakening Patch we got a lot of Buffs and are able to deal more damage, waht is makeing things easier and faster already.

But sadly on top of that we got a lot of Nerfs of Dungeons and Raids aswell, so that Mechanics are still kinda there but if you are not doing them u are also not wipeing or takeing any punishment or anything. I don't know if its only me but I would like a kind of challengeing experience rather than just running through everthing brainless and bored. This development resulted from a lot peoply crying for the game beeing too hard  and they need so many AP to kill the boss in Naryu Sanctum or anything else, although they dont need any AP they need just knowlege. I guess it would help more if the Guide System with "CTRL + J" would actualy provide some Information about Mechanics. Because People are most of the time too lazy to use Google or  Youtube. xD

Thats the most common problem, BnS once was a great game but they made a Hack n' Slay game out of it. You can clear most dungeons even with 1400-1500 ap skipping any left over mech.

I realy miss the old 4player Groups.

I took a break from Dec. 2018 untill awakening was released, a friend made me come back. Well im max Gear except soul / heart / talisman, and the only thing i realy looking forward are our raid day, everything else is just boring braindead farming and im honestly thinking about to quit again.