Sign in to follow this  
kiritoキリト

Out of nowhere, BNS is running at 30fps, previously 90fps

Recommended Posts

This happened out of the blue. The system was running great before. The game would get 80-90fps and then out of the blue, one morning logged in and it was running 20-30 fps. After that I did a clean install update for nvidia drivers and still nothing. I have changed priority of the game, set affinity to two, four, and six cores in phases, uninstalled bluetooth, reinstalled the game, reinstalled drivers again, and run it on 32 bit. None of this seems to help. CPU and GPU usage is bottlenecked somewhere. GPU is sitting between 30-40% and CPU on the major core is sitting at 30-50% while the others seemed to be parked or doing little. The game just isn't utilizing the hardware for somewhere and I'm stuck trying to figure out what I can do. Like I said, two days ago the game was running smooth as ever. This issue started yesterday. Specs following:

i7-8086k

GTX 980

16GB DDR4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

Did you make sure to selelct your nvidia GPU in the nvidia control panel under PhysX processor and also make sure in the global settings  if you have no seperate profile for bns, to choose maximum performance in power management mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uldrum   

Just be thankful that you ever got to experience this game at 80-90 fps, and now just get used to the fps that the rest of the player base has been playing with always. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Did you make sure to selelct your nvidia GPU in the nvidia control panel under PhysX processor and also make sure in the global settings  if you have no seperate profile for bns, to choose maximum performance in power management mode?

Nothing had been changed prior to the driver patch. Settings were previously unchanged prior to this issue. It's game breaking for me. And yes, I've already done that as part of some video I watched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
4 minutes ago, kiritoキリト said:

Nothing had been changed prior to the driver patch. Settings were previously unchanged prior to this issue. It's game breaking for me. And yes, I've already done that as part of some video I watched. 

Those ar ethe basics and they like to reset when you reinstall the driver. the next thing in line would be disable bluetooth (but you already said you uninstalled it, are you sure windows didnt magically install it again? xD) and disable FTH on Windows. Have you also tried to unpark your CPU?

Edited by Grimoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
4 minutes ago, kiritoキリト said:

Unparking CPU is the next step but the game doesn't run on multi threaded I thought. Mostly single threaded on MMOs. 

I never really set any affinity for bns, since i didnt see any difference in performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check and see if FTH (fault tolerant heap) was re enabled. The new widows update turned it back on for me and I had to go in and disable it again to get my normal fps.

Also, if you're using windows10 and don't have cortana disabled, some people have noticed cortana using 30% of the cpu and up to as much as 90% after the latest windows update.

Edited by CookiesNmilk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Those ar ethe basics and they like to reset when you reinstall the driver. the next thing in line would be disable bluetooth (but you already said you uninstalled it, are you sure windows didnt magically install it again? xD) and disable FTH on Windows. Have you also tried to unpark your CPU?

intel cpus past 4th gen don't park cores on w8/8.1/10.

Also, are you insinuating that an on board gpu can squeeze 30 fps in this game? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cohen   

The latest Windows 10 update from last friday has a bug that can cause a high cpu load by Cortana. If you use Win10 1903 check taskmanager whether or not Cortana slows down your system and uninstall the update. If Cortana is fine check your nVidia drivers. If 436.15 is installed remove it and try the previous version. Too many updates are broken lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
6 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

intel cpus past 4th gen don't park cores on w8/8.1/10.

Also, are you insinuating that an on board gpu can squeeze 30 fps in this game? :D

Hey some of the intel GPU's actually can do that xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After trying almost every reddit/youtube video/messages on forums to correct the FPS issue. The ONLY thing that made any difference was the following.

 

** Solution:  Turned off Hyperthreading (I'm using an Intel MB) ** (mind you this worked for me)

 

Soon as we turned off HT, she  went from having 20-35 ish FPS at best to now getting over 100+ all the time.

Her settings in game are back up between 3-5 on all Advanced Settings and she has names/map/quest  all being displayed and never once dipped below 100 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this