Play in Polish

MrKami

Hello, I am a player from Poland.
I have suggestions for the game. Until recently you could meet many Poles in B&S. But now there are only a handful of us left.
Many of us expected that with one of the many updates we would be able to play your production in our native language. However, this did not happen. I understand that English is universal, but there are people who don't  know it or know it but  not enough to enjoy exploring this unique world.
Hence my request. NCSOFT Support Team, if you read this, think about adding Polish language. Thanks to it you will make many players from Poland happy, but also encourage many new players to get to know this breathtaking world.
Please consider my request.

Rafał Kaczmarek

20 hours ago, MrKami said:

Hello, I am a player from Poland.
I have suggestions for the game. Until recently you could meet many Poles in B&S. But now there are only a handful of us left.
Many of us expected that with one of the many updates we would be able to play your production in our native language. However, this did not happen. I understand that English is universal, but there are people who don't  know it or know it but  not enough to enjoy exploring this unique world.
Hence my request. NCSOFT Support Team, if you read this, think about adding Polish language. Thanks to it you will make many players from Poland happy, but also encourage many new players to get to know this breathtaking world.
Please consider my request.

Rafał Kaczmarek

They could do it, but most likely they won't. Simply because translating all of game requires lots of resources. . Its not one of main languages (english, german, russian, spanish and french) used aroud the world so its not easy to find person who can trasnlate polish isnt easy. And it would benefit only one country... 

No offense to your particular version of a particular subgroup of a particular branch of Slavic languages, but I'd rather not have to download language pack for every language under the sun. German and French alone are causing enough bloating as it is.

"As for the guest from "Languages under the Sun" if something doesn't suit you, you don't have to read it or comment on it.?"

That's true, but...people see problems with that,because of how big game cleint becomes. Sure, you can have game translated into all languages in the world, still.that would make game like 10-20 times bigger, it would take ages to download or update it. Especially those with slow internet. Thats why game is translated into most popular languages: English, German,Russian and French. While Poland is big country, its using its own unique language which is basically not used outside country. I mean..if Polish language gets in game, then if should be posisble to ask for them to translate into languages of all 9 Baltic states, or into arabic, since accepting muslims is new trend in Europe...

EN

I understand what you mean, but...
Imagine playing The Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk 2077. You enter the settings and see only the Polish language. You contact the creators, and someone tells you that your language is not the most important, and adding your language will end up being a big patch.
Changing the subject somehow in LoL nobody complains in several languages

2 hours ago, MrKami said:

I understand what you mean, but...
Imagine playing The Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk 2077. You enter the settings and see only the Polish language. You contact the creators, and someone tells you that your language is not the most important, and adding your language will end up being a big patch.
Changing the subject somehow in LoL nobody complains in several languages

there is a key difference here, its only natural for the crator of a game to include their own native language, plys the studios goal was not just in-country, it was worldwide hence they had to include at least english.

Now the issue with BnS is already now the 4 other languages that you do not use in game, take up over 10GB of useless disk space, adding more to it will not only cause issues space wise on hardware for players, but also as it is proven, the more translations there are the worse the client runs.

Personally i would prefer they wouldnt even have any other languages besides english. not to mention to play the game you dont even need to know the language, as almost everything is self explanatory with the different icons and popular terms.

I understand where you are coming from, but another langugae is the absolutely last thing they should do.