Attracting Players back to 3v3 PVP modes: Suggestions

Lets put in some context to start. For 3v3 season ending 8/14, ~101 characters(reminder, multiple characters may  have been registered to the same player) were listed as ranked for season rewards  overall.  With upto 300 slots of rewards FOR EACH class, (11 classes->3,300 rewards), there are seriously some empty slots.

• Daily challenge Removal: I'd would consider putting the 3 match participation on the daily challenge list for days with tag playing window open.
  • 1600 score threshold:  With the very limited play windows, low queuing participation, losses at the end of the deciding period discourage casual participation (either from the gap to reach 1600 from where you stopped, or the threat of losing and dipping below 1600.  A 1400 threshold (6v6 originall had 1600 threshold but was altered to 1400 quite readily) sets a lower bar for less competitive, while encouraging them to play a few more matches to stay in the top 300 for their class or to hit the more achievable 1400 target. (Thi
  • ELO gain/loss tweaking:  Very limited play windows, the points for a match loss could be eased.
  • Rewards: Increased frenzy.
  • Queue party composition: Limiting tag party max size to 2 players (something  similar was done with 6v6 from its initial implementation, removal of 6party queue option) could help break up some of the premade domination that discourages solo/casual queues(some skill gaps between players/matchups can mean a 1v3 win still).
  • Restricting Third specialization:  with 3rd specs banned from shackle (and it working successfully in keeping them out), its quite odd that 3rd specs are allowing in 1's/3's.

I hope that my feedback is constructive towards attracting more players to 3v3.

unknown.png

(at least 2 players were removed later that day)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

1600 score threshold:  With the very limited play windows, low queuing participation, losses at the end of the deciding period discourage casual participation (either from the gap to reach 1600 from where you stopped, or the threat of losing and dipping below 1600.  A 1400 threshold (6v6 originall had 1600 threshold but was altered to 1400 quite readily) sets a lower bar for less competitive, while encouraging them to play a few more matches to stay in the top 300 for their class or to hit the more achievable 1400 target.

I actually did a topic more than 1 year ago, 3v3 was dying but no one cares, i hope they notice this one..

Am 23.8.2019 um 18:21 schrieb ElectricPotato:

• Daily challenge Removal: I'd would consider putting the 3 match participation on the daily challenge list for days with tag playing window open.
  • 1600 score threshold:  With the very limited play windows, low queuing participation, losses at the end of the deciding period discourage casual participation (either from the gap to reach 1600 from where you stopped, or the threat of losing and dipping below 1600.  A 1400 threshold (6v6 originall had 1600 threshold but was altered to 1400 quite readily) sets a lower bar for less competitive, while encouraging them to play a few more matches to stay in the top 300 for their class or to hit the more achievable 1400 target. (Thi
  • ELO gain/loss tweaking:  Very limited play windows, the points for a match loss could be eased.
  • Rewards: Increased frenzy.
  • Queue party composition: Limiting tag party max size to 2 players (something  similar was done with 6v6 from its initial implementation, removal of 6party queue option) could help break up some of the premade domination that discourages solo/casual queues(some skill gaps between players/matchups can mean a 1v3 win still).
  • Restricting Third specialization:  with 3rd specs banned from shackle (and it working successfully in keeping them out), its quite odd that 3rd specs are allowing in 1's/3's.

1. it will not help due to the lack of need. They can simply do another daily.

2. 1600score treshhold. 1400 is pretty much reached by playing 2 games i am afraid this would destroy PVP even more due to the lack of needing to play it at all for hm coins.

Problem here is due to the PVP time restrictions the Skill difference between even 1500 and some casuals or people who might just want to learn pvp is way to big since there are only high end people (Top 5 or atleast top 30) in 1500 and above. Again 1500 is like nothing before the pvp restrictions 1600 was quite easy to obtain and the real fun began 1650.

3. The ELO system is pretty good right now. Depending on enemy rating you lose much or just a few points while you can gain alot or just a few.

4. Bad Idea. Again its a restrction of the PVP time some people will say why should i play if its not frenzy time. Time restrictions are the reason this gamemode is dead.

5. I think if you can only que with 2 people it would be great but it was already discussed and it seems the dev team says no. To their defence some players where against it so i just accept it since its one of the few topics where i couldnt say 90% or more are for it.

6. in 1v1 and 3v3 the third specs are actully okish. BM in general is op so it dosent matter if he got third spec but KFM is so much weaker in third spec. Honestly i dont mind KFM and BM third spec in 1v1 and 3v3. 6v6 is a different story.

I already wrote support and that was new to me they actully wrote me they forward my request to think about the PVP times. Dont think anything will happen thou.