So Many Broken Promises, It's Time to Go

Snowyamur

Damn, I haven't even done Vortex Temple yet, and the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ hit the curtain. For the DPS, exactly. If you gave every individual, gear that can hit a million DPS, the game would STILL be playable! I was afraid that they would make HMandate, CStorage just number sponges. And they did. At this point, you might as well give a million DPS gear to each player still HM 10 and above, and make new bosses a billion HP. The money you receive, isn't about paying your livelihoods, you have other jobs for that! The money players pay, should be just the expense of operating the game, and everything else that goes with it. As they have said, enough bloody money to cover a new development studio, probably enough money to buy luxuries, and if that's the case... what is profit for? What reason is there to operate a gambling machine for? If so, you might as well incentivize an actual poker mini-game inside of Blade and Soul. 2K's got it!

Edited by Sarunghakan

Am 29.8.2019 um 23:14 schrieb MarjoKun:

With my guildmates we noticed one more thing. New boxes for unity aaaand? Ninja nerf for daily stone chests. Puprle stone chests are rare now af...

Of course they did, you should buy their rip-off chests for 600 NCoins. Best joke, put this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in the market tagged with discount to make them look georgous.

The chance of sucessfully transmute unity stones is a bad joke too. I used 1 violett  and a view blue with an announced very high chance on a violet and very low chance on a blue, guess what i got... right, a blue one.

Never felt so ripped off.

Im so tired of this crap

Let me explain things regarding whales from a different perspective. At one point in life on another game I made a similar topic pointing out similar situations regarding their game being pay to win. Simply put from a whale's perspective I was told this. Whales are what is keeping the game alive! If it wasn't for them, then there wouldn't be a game to play for you to rant and complain about. This is how NCSoft gets the money it needs to stay in business. Yes I said it, "business!" Everyone needs to remember that word because all businesses need to make a profit to stay in business regardless of what others may think! Some of these people who are whales have full time jobs or jobs that require more than 40+hours a week! They barely have the time for this game as is! What I was told by this person was that he worked 40+hours/week and barely has enough time to spend his money from his good paying job. So in order for him to enjoy the game to it's fullest with what little time he has, he pays to win to stay ahead and maximize his enjoyment of the game for what little time he spends on it. If anything drives a business, its money! Nothing is going to change unless the whales who keep your game alive boycott the game.

5 hours ago, Powergamer said:

Let me explain things regarding whales from a different perspective. At one point in life on another game I made a similar topic pointing out similar situations regarding their game being pay to win. Simply put from a whale's perspective I was told this. Whales are what is keeping the game alive! If it wasn't for them, then there wouldn't be a game to play for you to rant and complain about. This is how NCSoft gets the money it needs to stay in business. Yes I said it, "business!" Everyone needs to remember that word because all businesses need to make a profit to stay in business regardless of what others may think! Some of these people who are whales have full time jobs or jobs that require more than 40+hours a week! They barely have the time for this game as is! What I was told by this person was that he worked 40+hours/week and barely has enough time to spend his money from his good paying job. So in order for him to enjoy the game to it's fullest with what little time he has, he pays to win to stay ahead and maximize his enjoyment of the game for what little time he spends on it. If anything drives a business, its money! Nothing is going to change unless the whales who keep your game alive boycott the game.

This is the most dumbiest explanation ever and sadly this is how a lot of companies think...
Please explain me why for example Path of Exile or League of Legends works so good? Game dont need to have big p2w to be alive. BnS is awesome game and would have a LOT more players if NCSoft would do somethign about this game (Listen community, no p2w, better updates, performance etc). Ask people why they left from the game. This is NOT an argument that game need big p2w to be alive. But making game p2w will kill this game faster. A lot of f2p players will leave and then what? Whales will play alone? With only few whales? F2p players make game more fun because you have people to play with.

It seems like a lot of people keep thinking that UE4 will be some saving grace for this game, but that's not even remotely true. As OP mentioned - all the P2W elements, unbalanced classes, lack of communication, recycled events, and overall horrendous decision-making won't suddenly go away by the upcoming engine transition. We might get some better performance, but all the existing issues will still be there. That's both the fault of NCW and Bloodlust. Both companies are honestly terrible.

The remaining playerbase should leave Blade & Soul behind and spend their time on something valuable. To be honest, considering the amount of times this company has screwed the playerbase over, I don't think I'm ever going to touch another NCWEST game going forward.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Powergamer:

Thats the most dumbest argument i ever read.

There is a slight difference between buissness and rip-off and NC-Soft is going straight in the direction of ripping off the players, Best example was the last trove where you got fabric and other most useless crap from a 3 star crit.

I also doubt a few 100 whales will bring more cash then a few 1000 casual who spend some money every now and then.

Imagine what would happend when all casuals would leave the game. It would become unplayable for the whales. Meanwhile you sometimes even LFP for daily dungeons a few minutes.

NC-Soft could make so much more money when they wouldnt be that greedy.
10-15 EUR for Namechange / Gender / Class-Change, Changing the look of your Char.
Do you think i would spend that much money just to change my hairstyle / haircolour? For sure not. For 1 or 2 or maybe even 5 Eur i would change my look for sure on a regular base.

15-20 Eur for an Outfit. At least i think twice befor i buy one. If i would get it for 5 Eur i wouldnt think about it and just go buy it when i like it.

No Discount when purchasing NCoins. I never saw any company not offering a discount.

We all know, NC-Soft is a comercial Company which want to earn money and there is nothing to say about it. The thing is how they do it and its getting more and more worse for casuals.

Reduced droprates, extrem bad RNG of refining unity stones, and so on.

So when the last casuals are gone, the whales would have problems to find a raid / do dailys and sooner or later will leave too.

Edited by Merlin DE
  • Like 1

+1 to what @Merlin DE said. And that’s without mentioning that there has to be some sort of longevity to their income methods. The way NCW has handled this game, most people are angry at the publisher for having been terrible all around, meaning that people will be skeptical to upcoming games published by them. They screwed us over with Blade & Soul, so why even bother with the next game they bring to the west?

I don't really understand this topic.

I've been playing MMO's for many years now, and from the games I've played, I've always sticked to Free to Play games.

BNS is obviously a F2P, I can play the entire game without paying 1€ if I decide to do so, and I can get Endgame Gear even if it takes years to get it, but it is free. 

Yes, it can be also a bit Pay to Win, where gold may give a boost to your game play, but if you have ever gambled on Trove you may know that "Pay to Win" is not guarantee, so we should come up with another name for it maybe "Gamble to Win". 

To be honest, I've spent some Euros to try and get a boost as well, but soon I've discovered the investment didn't pay up with the boost. Either you invest a lot of money or you ain't earning much on Trove, some mats, some suits, nothing substantial. Don't play Trove anymore.

In the previous game I've played, Shin Megami Tensei - Imagine Online, the game was F2P as well, but when we invested money in game the boost would be visible, yeah it would be P2W, but to be honest, if you can place yourself in the shoes of someone that uses money on games, I can imagine you would also expect to get something nice out of your investment.

What it really confuses me in this topic, is that this is not about the game being Free to Play, since it is. This topic is about people jealous of not being able to catch up with the "whales", yeah I get it, I want it too, I want to transmute my dyad triangular gems into square dyads, I've just recently finished 3 Aquamarine triangular dyad and I found out I will have to farm about 2500-3000 gold in order to buy gem powder to make the transmutation (this will represents about 1 month farming). In the meanwhile I see plenty HM16 with Square Dyad already mixed, no way they've farmed them... therefore I should quit the game? Just because others buy with money what I have to farm for?

I don't care about what others do in order for me to have fun. 

If I'm a Soccer player (Football) will I rage quit just because there is Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi? No, I keep playing and having the most fun out of it, and if I could I would buy some new boots that could help me enhance my skills. 

Well... just ranting, and now time has ended and community will enrage...

But still... wish you a lot of fun!

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Otaner:

If I'm a Soccer player (Football) will I rage quit just because there is Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi?

imagine always having them as your opponents in a match, would that interfer with your fun in the game?

and imagine them getting to that level just by spending money, now you can compare it to p2w.

@Immunity I do understand your point of view. And it is nonsense of me making such stupid comparison.

PVP is not really my thing, but I do understand if you want to climb in PVP fight against whales won't be easy. 

But still, if you look at all the complaints in this post, this is not about PVP it's about the game and many of the complaints are from PVE players.

I understand the objective to be better, the fight to improve, but to rage quit just because there are others better than us? I would have to quit everything I do in life!

I play, I have fun, I continue to play!