Weapon appearance

Akatosh4827

if you’re talking about the DESIGN of the DEFAULT weapon appearance (AKA aransu 9), and asking if you’ll keep that weapon appearance once you upgrade to grand celestial, then no. simply because aransu and grand celestial weapon designs are different. 

but if you’re talking about weapon SKIN, you’ll retain that weapon skin even if you upgrade/breakthrough your weapon. only the effects of the weapon will change (crit, mystic, and skill modifiers, etc.) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiriki said:

if you’re talking about the DESIGN of the DEFAULT weapon appearance (AKA aransu 9), and asking if you’ll keep that weapon appearance once you upgrade to grand celestial, then no. simply because aransu and grand celestial weapon designs are different. 

but if you’re talking about weapon SKIN, you’ll retain that weapon skin even if you upgrade/breakthrough your weapon. only the effects of the weapon will change (crit, mystic, and skill modifiers, etc.) 

I mean like the special effects where the dragon is going around the blade and the lightning effect will i keep that if i change for example if i have a grandcelestial and i change that into the appearance of aransu 9 if it will still have that dragon and lightning effect

25 minutes ago, Akatosh4827 said:

I mean like the special effects where the dragon is going around the blade and the lightning effect will i keep that if i change for example if i have a grandcelestial and i change that into the appearance of aransu 9 if it will still have that dragon and lightning effect

No, if you change grand celestial weapon skin to look like aransu. It will have aransus weapon effects. You lose all grand celestial weapon effects. The special effects come from the weapon skin, not the weapon upgrade itself. So if you use lets say a level 10 weapon skin on grand celestial, it will have 0 special effects and it looks like a level 10 weapon.