ET Weapon upgrade

Jiinx

First forum post \o/

I'd like to start of by just saying this isn't a moan of any kind, I'm just curious and skeptical about the current state of ET weapons at stage 3.

We finally got around too clearing ET boss 3 a few weeks back and I rolled the weapon, it was a great time. I used it in dungeons and my damage was nice, burst seemed a little higher and thing seemed nice.

I finally got around too testing my rotation, check the resets an just general parsing on the 1 billion dummy and every single parse was about 80k average lower then my parses with GC9. Somebody told me that it isn't the same as when we went from AR9 too GC3 and resets should not be effected.

TLDR - Is ET3's effect and bonus % DMG working as intended?

did you check how your stacks were being applied? Generally ET 3 should already be an upgrade over GC9 due to the modifiers. What class are you?

Generally the the buff gets stronger the more the weapon is upgraded, I honestly have not noticed any issues with mine.

Have you tried removing all your gear + costume and equipping it back? sometimes for whatever reason this fixes dps issues whenever i upgrade something. MAde it a habbit to take everything off and put it on whenever i login LOL

On 15/08/2019 at 9:31 PM, Uldrum said:

Have you tried with event weap as well? I got like 500k dps between GC 9 and event weap

As a light warden, using event wep gave me maybe 150k if that, from gc9

On 2019-08-17 at 4:53 AM, Jiinx said:

As a light warden, using event wep gave me maybe 150k if that, from gc9

Went from 2.7M (previous parse record) to 3.3M (with event weap) On the 1Billion HP training dummy

Edited by Uldrum

14 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Went from 2.7M (previous parse record) to 3.3M (with event weap) On the 1Billion HP training dummy

Thornbreaker is not the same as the event weapon, so you should not base your expectancies based on it.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Thornbreaker is not the same as the event weapon, so you should not base your expectancies based on it.

Don't worry, I know, but i was talking about the event weap with that guy, not thronbreaker :)

Not that im there yet but is it possible the ET3 is to the GC9 as GC3 is to A9? Like i said though, im not there so im not going to pretend to act like i know what is going on here but i recently have been able to roll to GC3 from A9 but i am holding off till i know i can go to GC6 at the very least cause I have been told time and time again there is no difference between GC3 and A9 and very possibly can produce lower DPS at GC3 than A9. So im wondering if the same goes for ET3 vs GC9?

29 minutes ago, Loli Dolly said:

Not that im there yet but is it possible the ET3 is to the GC9 as GC3 is to A9? Like i said though, im not there so im not going to pretend to act like i know what is going on here but i recently have been able to roll to GC3 from A9 but i am holding off till i know i can go to GC6 at the very least cause I have been told time and time again there is no difference between GC3 and A9 and very possibly can produce lower DPS at GC3 than A9. So im wondering if the same goes for ET3 vs GC9?

The reason GC3 is i will use the term "meh" compared to A9 is because of the changes the weapon effects undergo. Aransu 9 has a seperate proc for Crit damage and Crit rate, which are independant from the weapon buff/stacks, while as GC, the crit chance and crit damage are added to the weapon buff /stacks itself.

So if you had guaranteed procs GC3 would be somewhat better than A9, but the way it is now , its better to go A9 -> GC6.

Thornbreaker is basically the same as GC, what makes the difference is the additional damage stats on the weapon. So essentially ET3 is already a very good upgrade over GC9 (ofc the weapon buff, AP etc also play a role).

You might even go Shadowforge 9 and then just skip GC completely if the damage of GC9 vs SF9 is comparable. I have both weapons a GC9 and a Shadowforge 9, using shadowforge i do way more DPS than with the Grand Celestial weapon (tho this can be class dependant).