Nice partial help (like ImpGloves), but how to upgrade?

Astarae

Why help us get imperial gloves when there is no way to upgrade them?  You still need *2* mao gloves which are the near impossible item to get.  So why skip Mao reqs, for 1, and 2, you did this before when you realized 100 rounds of a difficult dungeon is way too many and chopped all 100-round requirements to 10-round.  So why have new items not followed the 10-round completion rule when you new that 100 rounds were too many for many or most people?  You don't need to point out that some people can do it.  Some people can program in assembly language as well.  But no believes that assembly language should be required for programming.  Programming is always advanced to higher level languages.  So why requirements for tedious counts of 100 or to get items from bosses that have such poor drop rates.   You've already shown that those requirements were abusive to most of the playerbase.  So why would you go back to requirements that are already known not to work for most of the player base?  

The 10 clear rule, is only for items that are less relevant in progression after a while. All new items always had the 100 clear requirement.

Also there are no difficult dungeons (at least not anymore after they all been nerfed to the ground xD).

Getting the imperial gloves the cheap way simply allows players to put in more time into Mao that they would normally put towards the 100 BC clears.

It works the same in ANY game depending on what kind of difficulty developers want it to be. You work for the "currently top tier best gear in the game" and that's why that gear is always the most difficult to get until a new item comes that makes previous item no longer be best. That's why those items need 100 runs to buy or something similar. To prove that you are eligible for that reward with skill instead of "I did 10 runs by shear luck". Better the item, harder/longer it is to get. That's how it should be. Usually in all MMO games top tier best items in the game are meant for very skilled players only who also have time to farm, unless you pay that is. But even then you cannot buy absolutely everything either so you still need some skill, Ma'o gloves being an example.

18 hours ago, Astarae said:

Do you have a reference for your statement? 

The 100 clear achievements get changed to 10 clears as new gear gets released, Hence Helion gear was changed when imperial gear released and price reduced, Destiny gear was changed when helion gear released and price reduced.

So as soon as the next tier accessories release the older ones will be reduced in achievement and in Imperial core prices.

It doesnt happen immediately but after a bit. Soon the old Helion Gears and Horizon Belt will become non-upgradable like destiny ring and Oath Necklace.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

The 100 clear achievements get changed to 10 clears as new gear gets released

As far as i remember the need of 100 HH runs for king gloves was reduced to 10 before Imerial Gloves where introduced.

Anyway BC is not a hard or complicated dungeon, imho its a quite easy and fast doable dungeon even when you are "only" VT geared. You can do it easy with a 1200ap group, you just have to do the mechanic more often ;)

The droprate of the Gloves is close to not existent, i got mine only because of the 100 Run archivment and without this i would have given up. Meanwhile i have 200 Runs BC and havent seen any glove dropping.

Regarding the 2 Mao Gloves you need to upgrade:

What the hell NC-Soft thought about this?

1. BnS is a massive multiplayer game, so why we have solo dungeons at all?

2. Why the droprate is so damn low. Saw a posting here where a poor guy had 150 Mao kills and not a single glove (personaly i would have quit the game). This item is a freaking Breakthrough Item, not a legendary OP-Item.

Well ok you can salvage the glove for an alpha coin, but is this needed at all? Increase the freaking Droprate, dont give an alpha coin when you salvage the glove, instead add a chance to drop a coin. Problem solved.

3. even Breakthrough items needed for TT Ring/Earring are dropping in nearly every freaking run.

4. Increase the droprate of alphacoin fragments to the rate it was at the beginning of June. Realy makes me want to quit game cause with your ninja nerf i now need aprox twice as much runs on my alt then i needed on my main. This nerf is an extrem unfair disadvantage for those who now start farming their stuff cause they need way longer than players who did it befor june.

5. When you need to add solo dungeons, create them fair for every class. While some classes can easy kill solobosses (especialy meele classes) its much harder for other classes. 

Dont know how many times i got killed by mao, when i start farming her, cause my iframe took me 8m behind her and i was to far away -> instant charge -> aircombo -> dead, realy nice when your own iframes kills you instead of protecting you. At least give rangeclasses some time to get back into meele range instead of instant trigger that god damned rangecheck.

8 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

As far as i remember the need of 100 HH runs for king gloves was reduced to 10 before Imerial Gloves where introduced.

Possibly, i dont remember if it was right as the Hong Legendary PVP Gloves were released, but i dont mean it in a way that New Gloves release -> old gloves get cheaper.

I am talking about next gear tier so Draken -> Helion -> Imperial.

Thats why the Bracelet got reduced the moment the new Imperial Ring / Earring released because a new gear tier was introduced so the old ones were all reduced regardless if there was a new bracelet or not. :)

As for the gloves....well i guess this depends on RNG, my bf saw the gloves drop in NM like 6 times....i only saw them drop once xD

But yes i think even pre-nerf BC was one of the most easiest dungeons we ever got. It wasnt too hard, it wasnt to oeasy it was...right in the middle.

We should get more dungeons like this.

On the other points:

1. Yes, but there are a lot of players who also enjoy solo content, and many games offer asside from Multiplayer instances also solo instances. To be honest, adding gear to solo instances makes it somewhat better since then there are no complains about "I cannot find a party in F8 for the dungeon and farm gear" or "i get kicked from parties in F8 cause of the crazy requirements". Plus another positive thing is this way in solo instances players have to learn the mechanics by themselves, and at least so far, none of the solo instances required crazy DPS to clear.

2. Or just make them purchasable with 5-3 Coins, that way you cant make a profit off them.

5. I do not specifically agree with this. I think it has to do more with your own skill management, and being aware what your skills do. So far have not had any problems with mao, not on my main or alt.

Edited by Grimoir

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

1. Yes, but there are a lot of players who also enjoy solo content, and many games offer asside from Multiplayer instances also solo instances. To be honest, adding gear to solo instances makes it somewhat better since then there are no complains about "I cannot find a party in F8 for the dungeon and farm gear" or "i get kicked from parties in F8 cause of the crazy requirements". Plus another positive thing is this way in solo instances players have to learn the mechanics by themselves, and at least so far, none of the solo instances required crazy DPS to clear.

Sure you dont need a lot of DPS, but anyway, solo content is partial way to hard. i know quite a lot of people who even struggle with master hong.

2. Or just make them purchasable with 5-3 Coins, that way you cant make a profit off them.

You can salvage them for 1 Alpha coin, so thea are only worth 1 alphacoin and you should be able to buy them for that 1 Alpha coin, its only a breakthrough assessoir and you need at least 2 of them

5. I do not specifically agree with this. I think it has to do more with your own skill management, and being aware what your skills do. So far have not had any problems with mao, not on my main or alt.

Of course its all about mechanic and skill management, but espacialy MAO is quite difficult for me as a range class. As i said, my own iframe kills me because it wil port me 8m behind Mao what will trigger the range check and when i dont iframe im dead too. Even the slightes mistake could and will kill you. I dont say its undoable but it is hard, and for some classes even harder then for other classes. And thats something they should consider when creating Solo Contend. Every solo contend is more meele friendly while most ranges have some problems meele classes dont have.

I just got them for all the alts with the boxes. in due time they will gat m'ao gloves as well 

Already did a few 1-2 and one of the alts actully got the 1 M'ao gloves after just 5 kills on each 1-2

It's better than to do 100 BC runs on all characters tho